2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,260 posts
  • 503 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Mnluz
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 392 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CDC61D8B-FD6A-4D64-A69E-01294E9E947B (resized).png
ED493CEB-E58E-4946-97C9-FCCE99E36547 (resized).jpeg
F119E176-AD5E-4740-8FF9-BD0F26A2515A (resized).jpeg
61CCCECE-2607-4D17-96C7-E30F907A1F0D (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
Jam (resized).png
2A4B0C7A-AF2B-44C4-A323-A95C678D5DC6 (resized).jpeg
50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smokedog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#432 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Meh... Looks ok ...typical stern pin.

Yup, and like the others, will crush on route. Looks great.

#442 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

That's great but for at home (which is the main market) it will look and play just like my met or most other stern pins for that matter.

Maybe ... Do you feel your MM and AFM play exactly the same? Those lay out's are pretty much identical ...

#489 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

So groot spits the balls sdtm like KISS?

Maybe the magnets in the middle of the play field engage to throw them around a bit?

Maybe the magnet in the middle of the play field captures a ball and you have to hit it to start Orb MB ... a la Mist multiball, but stationary?

#623 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

So all you salivating people with burning wallets, go for it, let us know how it is.

It will be at my location, though my wallet isn't burning. Like SW, this pin will do great on route.

#1052 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Five years ago a pin didn't cost 8K either.

It's a good thing this one is only just over $5K then.

#1061 2 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

5K for the base model.

Yup. Thankfully there is a manufacturer that makes NiB machines in this price range. They are actually, *gasp*, fun to play as well!

#1080 2 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

But I was talking about buying one (when you already have a Met in your line-up)

I don't get this line of thinking.

Do MM and AfM play exactly the same? Because the lay outs are pretty much identical.

Do LotR and Sopranos play exactly the same? Because the lay outs are pretty much identical.

Do Austin Powers and IM play exactly the same? Because the lay outs are pretty much identical.

Do Kiss and Aerosmith play exactly the same? Because the lay outs are pretty much identical.

etc, etc, etc.

#1293 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don’t want a 8k Pro. Strip away!!

No doubt. Crowing about JJP when they dont offer anything close to the price point of a Stern Pro is hilarious.

4 weeks later
#3636 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I keep reading about comparisons with Metallica but don't see them besides a similar layout. Metallica Pro actually offers value with original + custom callouts by the band, has laser etched ramps, metal habit rails, metal lane guides, two molded toys, main magnet and 3 drop targets.
Compared to Metallica Pro GOTG looks like a game with a whole lot of plastic. Fast and furious? Of course, the ramps are plastic...at $5500+ that's not always a good thing.
Sterns last two releases seem more focused on increasing the bottom line compared to offering feature rich products. Even the pro at $5500 is a ton of money to spend on a pin, for that amount of dough I expect more.

I see you talk about value a lot. How much value do you put on fun?

Not saying the game is fun, just curious.

Quoted from ForceFlow:

Stern basically peaked at Metallica. You can tell this since so many comparisons keep being made back to it with each new release.

I dunno. Walking Dead is a fantastic game.

#3641 1 year ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

And how many years did it take to get fantastic? When it was first released, everyone hated it. Im guessing this will be the same way. Given some time for the code to develop, it will be good.

About as long as Metallica did. Both happen to be coded by Lyman.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 26.50
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smokedog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside