50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider silverballnut.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#142 6 years ago

I'll impatiently wait to see more and play it, but I can tell you the theme would be a hit at the house if it all comes together and I actually buy one.

#394 6 years ago

Definitely intrigued. I may have to find another game to let go to make a spot, but I'll wait to see some real gameplay and know where the code is at before committing.

#1348 6 years ago

You guys with the idea that a spinner only costs a couple bucks, have no clue what the total hardware costs are. That one added spinner will require, the spinner hardware and I'm sure a NEW NODE board because any currently in the pro are being fully used. Along with additional wiring, install labor etc none of us know the true cost, but I can guarantee it isn't a couple dollars.

Look it's simple, Stern has a business model. Cheaper pros at a particular price point, then add features/value to get a premium and then add something to entice LE buyers. If you don't like it don't buy it, but quit trying to tell Stern how to run THEIR company. It's getting really old.

I know damn well they sell more pinballs, than any of you whiners trying to tell them how to run their company have ever sold...

#1372 6 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Id love to do the trim in the color changing purple blue powdercoat i do.

If the gameplay comes together than I'll be looking at a premium and this is the exact powder coating I wanted to add to it. I used it on a STTNG and regret getting rid of it, one of these days I'll fix up another and put the purple trim back on.

2 weeks later
#2337 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I understand that you're just reporting what you heard, but think through the math of what you're saying: Each programmer has 4.5 months to complete a game before it ship. Then shifts immediately to the next game, on which he will have 4.5 months. So each programmer should have 2.66 games per year shipping. We know that's not the case (in real life we see about one game per programmer per year), so that cannot accurately reflect Stern's process.

As a programmer and systems engineer in charge of various projects throughout my career, I would imagine the misunderstanding is they have 4.5 months to do the actual coding/programming for a particular game. However, before that time starts you have to do the design of the framework, the rules, the data types, and do all of the work on the lower level routines (think coining, hardware drivers, video drivers, support new hardware, new node firmware, upgrade routines etc). All of that support work must be done by the team(s) also; most likely while the game is being designed.

I highly doubt, the mechanical people design a game and then just hand it to the software team and say 'here, you have 4.5 months to get it working'. Most likely they have been involved from day 1, in meetings etc and when it is finalized, they are told to go on the actual coding which could reasonably be 4.5 months budgeted.

1 week later
#3187 6 years ago

I'm still interested in GOTG, but I'll be waiting for more complete code and some playing time before deciding. Most likely one of my other Sterns will have to leave for it to find a place in my home, but I'm not ready to let any of them go yet. I'm guessing GOTG will be one of the games that gets me out to the local pinball bars that have been springing up recently instead of staying at home playing/drinking.

With so many new pinball locations popping up around us now, I'm betting we purchase fewer new games for play at home and just keep what we have until we're completely bored with it and then find another to replace it.

#3540 6 years ago

So talked with the kids and wife last night. We've been looking forward to playing GOTG and then probably pick one up (you know trying to play before buying). However, I dislike the voice overs (won't even call them callouts), and really dislike how a mode is just the video of the game running in the background with no real interaction with the player for shots, callouts, mode progression etc. So, we're out for now and will reconsider it later on after the code is more complete. I was expecting some sort of funny sarcastic in your face sort of game and it just isn't.

For the record, we're having a blast with SW and AS and still like our GB (glad it's not our only game though). I'm hopeful GOTG gets there, but for now I don't see what it would add to our collection.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 22.50
$ 28.00
$ 19.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
6,495 (Firm)
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider silverballnut.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-is-here?tu=silverballnut and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.