2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,260 posts
  • 503 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Mnluz
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 392 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CDC61D8B-FD6A-4D64-A69E-01294E9E947B (resized).png
ED493CEB-E58E-4946-97C9-FCCE99E36547 (resized).jpeg
F119E176-AD5E-4740-8FF9-BD0F26A2515A (resized).jpeg
61CCCECE-2607-4D17-96C7-E30F907A1F0D (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
Jam (resized).png
2A4B0C7A-AF2B-44C4-A323-A95C678D5DC6 (resized).jpeg
50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shapeshifter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 2 years ago

Loving it so far

But, will be strong and wait for seriously good code before going into the frenzied zone

#47 2 years ago

I kind of assumed a lot of GOTG 2 would be in the game......

Anyone see anything that would confirm this or not?

#57 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Yeah...I don't really care about the *function*...as long as it's not just another bash toy with a magnet in front of it, anyways. Groot was a throw-away character inserted for comedic effect. The only time he actually did something important, he 'died'. I don't personally care to see Baby Groot *anywhere*, so here's hoping that GOTG2 isn't in there, because I'm sure if it is, clips of it will be all over the bloody place. Whatever...Stern's gonna do what will make them money, so they're obviously tapping into the fact that most people did like the character....probably because they can relate with being dumber than a sack of hammers and one-dimensional. I just don't get at all why Marvel decided to treat the character that way.

QQ. I gave you a fair shot to have a reasonable explanation...you didn't, and I don't agree with it, so eat a thumb.

But GOTG 2 was a way better movie than the first. And the music was better.

Must admit was hoping for lots of baby Groot quotes - 'I am Groot'

#65 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I mean...I thought it was AWESOME that they pulled in Ego as a character, even if the whole "he's your dad" thing was kind of silly. Character development was much better in the second movie, for sure....except Scoot.

Well, this game has been in development for ages for maybe it was too hopeful to expect GOTG 2 to be in the game.

Guess all will be revealed tomorrow.

#198 2 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I have space/money.
My wife & daughter like GOTG.
I'd buy one but how long before mature code?
3 years?
5 years?
Then I get sad

Yeah, I am waiting for KISS and AS updates before thinking about buying another game unfinished.

Am liking what I see so far though.

#491 2 years ago

LE looks like WWE married Austin Powers and had a baby

Premium looks very nice.

#501 2 years ago

Feature matrix says movie score.

That probably means no licensed songs, which is a huge miss for me.

#543 2 years ago

I thought there would be 400 LE, maybe 500, and certainly not 600.

No rush at all as LE are not going to sell out quick.

From what I have seen so far, it is now going to be easy to sit back and watch how the game plays and to WAIT FOR FINISHED CODE

#546 2 years ago

No mention of any custom call outs......

#558 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Sucks that spinners are missing from the pro. That will be the only real noticeable thing missing, I feel. Yeah, the lighting is going to be way better on the premium, but that doesn't change gameplay the way spinners do.

I will certainly miss the 3 magnets in the middle of playfield that create chaos.

That is what I would miss most by going pro.

#631 2 years ago

Art is great.

Plastic ramps on LE, not so great.

image (resized).jpg

#635 2 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Did anyone put up high res photos yet? I just got them
JJ

No, we need them!

#685 2 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

For those the don't like the gold, you can always purple it on the premium, quick example here of what it could look like. I did do it on the LE trim, but looks just as good on the prem trim.

Looks way better.

Shame they had so many WWE sets left over

#697 2 years ago

So far....

Art. Knocked it out of the park. One of, if not the best Stern to date.

Toys. Good enough/fun.

Music. Fail for no mixtape.

Code. Find out in 2019......maybe, if it's finished.

Pro model. Nothing else out there to compete at this price level with LCD ( other than SW pro and AS pro ).

#757 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Many stern games are laid out like that..

We were treated with metal ramps on those games

#1018 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I doubt one person on this forum could recognize the Guardians score if they heard it. There's no emotional attachment. It's not like Star Wars. And is the theme music even good for pinball? No idea, as I can't remember it. lol.
It's not a huge deal, but for me, the missing soundtrack is the difference between a must buy and a maybe buy. Game looks cool, but so do my other games.
No harm in discussing what could have been.

Agree.

I can now sit back and watch the code develop without making a dumb emotional purchase which is what I might have done if certain songs were in the game.

#1037 2 years ago

Looking pretty good but lack of songs and Marvel sound-alikes for call outs makes me think that I will wait for the Pinside rescue.

Someone will do a TWD.

#1070 2 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

I don’t think anyone has pointed out yet that the score for the pinball machine is by a different composer than the movie score. The movie score was by Tyler Bates, but the pinball machine was Ken Hale. Looks like Stern didn’t license the official score. I already decided that I’m going to pass on this one, but thought I’d point it out.

So completely new music/sounds.

Who is Ken Hale?

#1303 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

If there is no sound/video (music, authentic actor voices, or movie clips) integration from the movie into the game, I wouldn’t be interested. I didn’t initially buy twd for this reason and waited a year after the release when pinsiders did remixes. Lest you think I am anti-stern, I am out of jjpotc for this reason. Prices are too high to be missing such fundamental things. Potc without Johnny depp, movie music or movie clips, just isn’t something I’m interested in. This is what makes the hobbit, tspp, Lotr, etc., so good to me.

Well, it seems no awesome soundtrack and no voices from movie? Marvel sound a-likes.

So, much will depend on what clever people can do with pinball browser in the future.

I know it costs more money but if Stern had got licensing to music/actors etc, this would have been a total hit ( with or without spinner )

#1327 2 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

First I have heard this. Source?
Feature matrix indicates: HD video scenes from the original film associated with game play modes
Now this could be like JJPOTC where they can only show scenes without faces; but I was hopeful we could see more than peoples backsides. Except in the case of Gamora because she has a nice ass.

K man podcast!

#1350 2 years ago

Not a fan of the gold trim on the LE but it does have a mirrored backglass and they do look 100x better than translites.

#1369 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

That’s true but once you see that God awful gold armor you are going to be so focused on how ugly it is that you will never notice the game has a real backglass in it lol. I’m sorry but that just looks horrible!

The thing is gold could have looked great, if the legs were done really nicely.

Think BM66 and maybe something like this.

21040890_114417419260229_5840264673328365568_n (resized).jpg

#1437 2 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Looks similar for sure. In this photo the WWE looks more "shiny" and the GOTG looks a little more dull. We haven't got any really high res pics yet of GOTG so the armor could be identical.

Anyone do a pic of how those sparkly BM66 legs would look on this game?

#1440 2 years ago

Listening to he who shall not be named latest podcast, allegedly the LE armor decision came straight from the top!

And there are attempts being made to change it and get some songs in the game.

Doesn't sound a very democratic process as these kind of errors have been picked up by pretty much everyone here.....

Anyway no way will GOTG LE sell out like this.

Remember the days when LE'S used to be all gone in that first 24 hours?

#1485 2 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

If it was planned stern would have listed that songs from the movie was included. So I really doubt it was planned.

It is probably indicative of the fact that initial pre-orders are way down historically.

See what happens when everybody doesn't jump on board right away?

#1488 2 years ago

Who is going to guess the 2 songs?

I could see Spirit in the Sky as it wouldn't be expensive and quite decent for playing pinball.

No chance David Bowie.

Cherry Bomb must be high odds.

Fox on the Run would provide link to second movie and would be great to play to.

#1569 2 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

If they addressed those two issues the yellow color of the LE? Don't buy the LE or Have it re powdered for 300.00 / 2 songs are not enough for you. Sure if that's what you are going with. But you say if they add all of the songs and offer you a different paint color instead of the Yellow/ Gold then you would Probably buy it. Granted we have not seen game play but for this argument in particular lets say it is good because you did not mention that as a reason you would not buy. You still say probably! Stern haters will not buy stern for what ever reason. They allocate funds for one new pin (anything but a stern and then bash the stern game so they do not feel they are missing out) GUESS WHAT! You are! I do not want you to have any of the new stern games. You people do not deserve it. Yes CGC is great I own them all. and yes JJP is great I own them all as well. But shit. There an't nothing wrong with a good old American Stern Pinball!

I keep thinking of Taylor Swift when the word haters is used

I bought ASLE and wanted this game but for me the music was a key feature.

Am I a Stern hater for not accepting 100% what they produce?

I must be a JJP hater as well as I have never bought a JJP game.

Time for Taylor

#1652 2 years ago

I hope clear inserts will not be a repeat of GOT and having to wear sunglasses to play it

#1657 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I have a feeling code will be decent out of the gate on this one. My concern is lack of songs. GOTG franchise is what it is because the awesome soundtracks. I am hoping Stern can add more, it would be great to match up a song with each mode- I would be stoked if they could do that. My other concern is animation for LCD. I am leaning towards actual movie footage instead of Scooby doo animation. The art is killer, I think I want to pull the trigger on the Pro just for the art (:

In an ideal world 8 songs for 8 modes plus 2 more for mini wizard and wizard. How many would Stern sell if they had gone all out on this game?!

#1698 2 years ago

Well.

All those 'Stern are listening posts' and it turns out the laser armor is an expensive add on to an already expensive LE...

And are they listening to the lack of songs or is it more the case that initial pre-order sales are pretty poor?

I am guessing based on anecdotal info here and the high prices in Canada, Australia, Europe that games are not shifting like they used to.

This is the factor that has probably led to some songs being added to the game.

#1703 2 years ago

Agree.

Bottom line is I prefer playing Stern games to the competition but for the cost of new games, want the best game possible.

So, other than not buying a game, feedback hopefully may make a difference in the future.

As for GOTG - for me it all now depends on songs and code.

#1767 2 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

How is this any different for AC/DC or Met or any number of others? Pick your mode get through them get some multi ball or other mini wizard mode.
Am I missing why those two are loved so much but AS kiss and presumably gotg are disliked because if it?

KISS and AS are a ton of fun but they still aren't finished so lets see what KISS final update brings and next AS update.

#1809 2 years ago

I thought about buying that KISS armor until I read the orange stars are just stickers!!!

1 week later
#2289 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

They don't have a year to work on games before launch, usually. That's why the games aren't complete. They get some time afterwards to finish/polish/bug-fix...but often the have another project they have to start, and that's why there are so many games that need updates. Lyman is the only one who will do it on his own time. The rest go along with what management wants them to work on.

And this is the single biggest factor that has stopped me jumping on the NIB bandwagon.

Just too many games waiting for final updates, polish etc etc.

#2571 2 years ago

So, yet again it comes down to CODE.

Will it be good?

Will it be finished?

Have to say it just seems better all round to wait a year or two.

#2585 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I've noticed that Aerosmith and GOTG have nearly the same code structure. A set of 8 or so missions, couple multiballs and 2 wizard modes with the same qualifiers on each game. There's nothing wrong with that but AS and GOTG don't appear to offer the same variety in terms of code depth and unique modes compared to other modern Sterns.
It's almost as if Stern is trying to make 2 of their titles per year (AS and GOTG for 2017) games that they can crank out super fast with smaller / similar rulesets. Star Wars, Batman 66 and GB all come across as having more code depth with more unique modes.
Just an observation.

Code looks so similar to AS. Couldn't really own both.

#2592 2 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Lonnie has a pretty good track record with code updates, though, doesn't he? (As opposed to some of the other coders)

Still waiting for final KISS update. 2 years, 5 months so far. Still no Champion awards.

AS. Last update was March. So, maybe finished in 2018.

GOTG is a hybrid of above, so it maybe quicker....

#2607 2 years ago

They could get the production line moving faster by selling older titles..... but, to really make us buy, we need games finished, polished, not 'nearly' finished or 'maybe' finished.

When they were the only game in town a decade ago, they could afford to be lax with code updates and just do it whenever they felt like it.

They can still do this but the difference is consumers are just moving to other product so their business model sure needs updating.

#3029 2 years ago

It's true if Stern don't get constructive criticism and boy they deserve it of late, then their games will never improve.

Most people, not all admittedly, just want Stern to up their game.

I love playing the darn things but they are really pushing me away at the moment.

I can't support games being released with 0.65 code, especially as it's just a clone of AS.

The art on GOGT is superb so lets hope they improve in other areas going forward.

#3177 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Thanks Jason! 6 ball gives it more potential for sure.... If code ends up being as good as Aerosmith this game will be a winner. Just need to wait a while longer to see how it ends up.

It's almost identical code to AS so it should be the same.....probably.

#3419 2 years ago
Quoted from Danni_NZ:

» YouTube video
A booboli booboli boo

Well, as the call outs are bad, may as well go for the 'it's so bad, it's good'......

So, keep this in the game for the comedy

So, bad, it's actually good

#3475 2 years ago

So, add this game to the long list of other games where we still wait hoping the code gets finished and polished.

How many in the list?

KISS - final update coming.
AS - one or more updates.
GB - final update coming.
SW - more updates.
BM66 - more updates.
GOT - ?
AC/DC - rumors of a bit more polish.
TWD - same as AC/DC.
GOTG - more updates.

I need to see evidence that Stern will finish past games with care and professionalism to have any confidence in this titles and future titles.

#3542 2 years ago

ABOBBILY BO BO, ABOBBILY BO

Could this end up being one of THE most classic pinball call outs of all time?

cropped-so-bad-its-good1 (resized).png

#3595 2 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Glad you enjoyed the game. Hopefully code will get better and everything will be good. Question not for nothing and I myself must admit I'm not the most articulate individual here on pinside. But you have a very odd way of describing your views. I got the point but I must say it was very unusual. Never heard anyone use the term RAPE all day long. (Classic)

It's not funny at all.

#3598 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Oh boy, someone just got offended. ....call a Wambulance.

You get offended when people make fun of Stern games, and yet you are ok with rape jokes?

Wow, nothing else to say, except I will call a Wambulance every time you get offended by an anti-Stern comment........ they better get ready for overtime....

#3608 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

He never made a rape joke nor was he making fun of rape in any way so get over yourself. He used the word rape talking about easy shots that you can make all day long. Maybe not the best choice of words but not nearly as big of a deal as you are trying to make it either. I just love these times we are living in where the cool thing to do is look for reasons to be offended.

I'll get over myself if you get over yourself for being so sensitive for issues other people have with Stern games

Never known someone so sensitive over people's issues with big boy toys

#3613 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I’m not offended by many things and someone not liking Stern games certainly isn’t one of them lol. I just don’t like people talking crap when they have no reason to or no facts to back up their claims. If someone doesn’t like a particular game it doesn’t bother me at all. I just get tired of all the negative BS for nothing all the time.

The fact you think I was talking crap shows we are a million miles away from ever agreeing.

Simple answer to all of this.......

Bye

e8a6045b7d35281cb881c72e134f28a0--crazy-holiday-holiday-deals (resized).jpg

#3785 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

For Stern? Hard to say with the shuffling. It SEEMS like it should be Iron Maiden. Supposedly Pulp Fiction had problems and was delayed or abandoned. Don't think Trudeau is going to be doing his Beatles pin, but hey, maybe he'll be acquitted.
Houdini, JJP Pirates of the Caribbean, and Lawlor's Toy Story are the big three for the next 12 months AFAIC.

Don't forget Elvira - Lyman on the code!

2 weeks later
#4070 2 years ago

Yup, Stern are playing catch up on this title. The buzz has gone, doubt it is selling well, hence a few more songs.

Like other games, the code is going to make or break going forward.

I think that Stern have finally got the message that with the choices we now have from other manufacturers, they have to spend more time making sure their code is high quality.

Will keep watching their older games updates ( KISS, AS, GB etc ) as that is a good indicator for future titles.

The recent TWD code release gives me a little more hope

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 119.00
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shapeshifter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside