50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ronaldvg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#437 6 years ago

Again no wireforms even on the LE. I am sticking with my opinion on Stern

GOTG looks ok, but for me it (again) has not the wow factor, especially considering what they cost over here. This LE will be 10.800 Euro (about 11.500 dollar ?)

#1095 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm sorry, but the gold trim on the LE is FUGLY!!!

Very strange design decision. There is a blue and a green main character, not anything gold. I believe they had those left from WWE, cannot figure out why else they would use that color.

#1231 6 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Love the game so far but not sure how long I can deal with all these "I am Groot" / "We are Groot" posts. That's getting old pretty quick.

Imagine that is the only call-out that Groot makes

#1233 6 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

I can see myself lighting that Groot head on fire at some point for sure.

Better burn the speakers LOL

#1406 6 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Yes, but in a few weeks GotG will be in buyer's homes... how long do you have to wait to actually receive your JJP game?

Exactly. So why not show more ? It feels like Stern is afraid to show the real game because people might be turned of by it and don't buy it. If they order unseen just because of theme it is too late and Stern can take as long as they want coding the game all over again. Or maybe never complete it as good as it can be.

#1572 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Blowing smoke up their ass is not going to make that happen.

This!

What makes me laugh is that Stern first takes away almost everything they can which obviously leads to unhappy people, but when they give back a little all is well again. Comparing GOTG to MET which is very obvious layout technically, look at how many things they took away (such as the number of toys, mechanics, very good fitting powdercoat on the LE, all the songs etc) and what they brought back.

I cannot believe they went from full RGB on ST/GOT to the minimal RGB leds they use now, seeing how much they can do with them in game. Also the cost for such a change is minimal (concerning the BOM, more cost for software of course) and they proved they know how to do it with ST/GOT.

edit: thinking about my post I must say that GOTG is a nice step back in the right direction. Artwise it is great and also look like a very fun game. The Pro seems like a good deal when I forget about the spinners, but for the higher end versions they are lacking some upgrades that make it worth it to get those.

#1891 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

SPIKE has built support for shaker motors. No more installing ancillary boards, plug and play.

Funny, the output for the shaker in pre-spike games was just AC instead of DC. The boards that Stern made a heap of money on are just a big diode and a powerresistor and a fuse (yes it was fused) to turn the AC into DC. 50 cents of parts there. Just another money grab as they could have just as well made the original output DC.

1 week later
#2422 6 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I was also let down when I saw the topper but maybe it will wow us when we see it in action

If I look at that topper it seems that the figures might light up. Possibly individually to indicate who you are playing ow which mode you are. That would be nice, but in the end just 5 addressable leds

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2594 6 years ago
Quoted from Medieval_Gofers:

I can only assume that the rumours about Guardians being pushed forward due to the Trudeau issues are true.

I keep wondering why. Are they so strung up for money that they HAVE to keep the lines going ? I competely get that when they are not producing, no money flows into the comnpany but in the long term releasing games too early or with too many problems will destroy their business. I for one will not buy one, as opposed to 18 months ago I would have ordered it at release.

Thanks to Deadflip for the great stream. Nice job ! Too bad the subject you had to stream was so mediocre.

#2597 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Not sure why this isnt done.....

Maybe because then they have to increase their prices 25-30% ?

edit: anyway you look at it, the only way to make things better is if Stern would make more costs. It does not matter if they do it by hiring more people or releasing less machines. It looks that they just cannot keep pace with the new production line as it stands now. Design goes ok, production goes ok but finishing the code falls behind more and more even when they do not need to draw all the dots anymore.

#2621 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

So, after 50+ pages of posts, the general consensus from what I've read:

I think that in general when you play a Pinball machine with more people together it makes more fun. Also the stream does not allow much room for being negative about anything - understandably. You do not go complain about stuff when you are allowed to visit the manufacturer, that would almost instantly kill these streams.

#2736 6 years ago

Has someone else noticed the soundeffect from Star Trek in GOTG or did I just imagine that ?? Serious question.

#2740 6 years ago

Personally I do not like that. It is like hearing another game. Reminds me of Sparky/Jacky.

edit: this was a reaction to the post of @eskaybee, just to be clear. Forgot to quote.

#3008 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yeah but if you order a new Alien game right now you probably won't get it for a year or so, if ever. Aren't they made in China or something now?

No, the Big Lebowski is made in China. Alien is being made in the UK.

#3034 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Custom call outs by Rocket the Racoon are going to be hilarious.

What's a Racoon ?

#3645 6 years ago

Looking at the stream from waspinat0r I think you guys are all confusing callouts in a game with speech. They added speech, not callouts. My opinion.

2 weeks later
#4059 6 years ago

Stern told people at IAAPA there were going to be 4 songs, so that much for listening to the community. They just say that so people might think more will be added later I guess. Will not happen.

See this thread/post. It is mentioned multiple times in that thread by different people that there will be 4 songs.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iaapa-2017-guardians-of-the-galaxy#post-4073076

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 28.00
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.50
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 19.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.00
6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,495 (Firm)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ronaldvg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-is-here?tu=ronaldvg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.