50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ripleyyy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#158 6 years ago

"who's on code" ?

easy, with these big X multiplicators on main shoots, its Lonnie
and here's a secret : while in multiball, if you get a mystery, it will be... ADD-A-BALL !!!

#1119 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

yeah I had MET for 3 years but finally had enough. It is similar to TF except faster with flow, so it feels better, but MET bash, bash, bash, bash rules wore me down.

well, yes, you can play it as it, but there're much more to do of course
how far did you go and/or how much is your HS by playing like that ?

#1120 6 years ago

Pinkopt & T800 : yep, the Lonnie way of coding (if he's coding this, but quite sure he is) didnt mean it will be bad !

for sure, it will play different than MET (and i love MET & what Lyman did on it), but seems quite sure this GOTG will also be another good pinball

#1164 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Speaking of which, does anyone know if the hands move up and down and if the fingers move separately?

yep, these are moving on the "dont cross the str... heu... hands" video mode

#1443 6 years ago

still funny to read about code, and those saying codes are done already on last STERN pins...

well, it is, if you're a lambda player (do not take this as negative of course), and playing for just playing

but for advanced players, its not, just because they bring more attention to rules, tactics, and than of course remaining bugs or things that could be tweaked (as for example some unbalanced scores), added or remove

making a short list back in time, none are completly done/finished/polished !

SW, AS, B66, GB, GOT, KISS, WWE, and finally TWD, which ok is done, this one is 2014...

1 week later
#1970 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I wouldn't be afraid to buy a SPIKE game if you know the risks and they're acceptable to you. You might experience some downtime, but Stern has been good to address issues. For those that had problems with the fork ramp on Star Wars, they all got new boards. If you're the type that doesn't want to have to poke around much under the playfield, I can understand the hesitation.
For me, even though I'm experienced working on machines, I just didn't want the hassle or the potential headache. Selling GBLE was kind of sad, but I didn't want to get left with a problem on my hands. Sure, Stern would replace things, but GB is on its own SPIKE board revision, I believe, which might make it a bit of an outlier down the road for long-term support. I imagine that replacement boards will always be available on some form, but the costs could get steep once you're out of warranty or if the specific boards your game needs aren't in regular production.
I have to think that the newer stuff will be more compatible and the boards will be more swappable, so having good amounts of stock on hand is less of a worry.
I wouldn't tell someone not to buy a Stern because of SPIKE, but for myself, I prefer not to have that worry. As time goes on, I will probably get over that worry. I'm just not there yet.

+1, so logical (to me too)
i'm watching for a new pin, and i'm not more looking for last SPIKE games, SAM will surelly do it in my case...
of course, evbd is free to do as he wants, simple as that

2 weeks later
#3123 6 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

B: pay more for games at the current release schedule to have Stern hire more help to keep up

Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

It seems obvious that the task of coding, withing the time frame of the development of the physical game,
is too big a task for the 1-3 people??

honestly, i dont think its a SO big task...

having some coding experience (and not being the only one here), its quite easy to see/feel that on all last games, STERN coders are (re)using the same way of coding with "their" routines, again & again, while finally needing only few changes or adaptations from pin to pin

we (pinsiders) are also helping them a lot by being "beta tester", and giving not only a lot of feedback on bugs, but also more than an idea on things they can do to improve a game...

but OK, may be i'm wrong :/

#3606 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I had an idea to take a regular Stern shooter and customise it with a Milano Style throttle arm.
obviously still have to dress it up but this is just the mechanics of the design and it allows the plunger to come out over 2 inches

very nice !

Quoted from swinks:

The handle may just be a little (few millimetres) higher than the lock down bar

not nice

4 weeks later
#4132 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I would agree. They have used basically the Aerosmith software...

should i have to understand that after KISS, and AS, Lonnie did use again his own template !?
naaaaaaaaaaaaaa i can't believe it !

ok, seriously, again i'm not saying Lonnie is not good at coding (i really enjoy some of his games), but most of these are just feeling the same again & again...
i can understand Lonnie+Dwight+Lyman are keeping few personnal touches to sign their way of coding, but... right now, i'm happy to have spend my money in a NIB TWD

even i really have some interest in GOTG, but not before 1 year or 2

4 weeks later
#4191 6 years ago

finally putted my hands (and my eyes) on a GOTG yesterday at a tournament, and my positive feeling remain a positive feeling
i'm than still considering to get one, but not before the code is (really) complete/tweaked
the weak point, as already reported, is the sound/how it is played/linked while game is going on

2 weeks later
#4222 6 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

...A lot of the problems i see on this game are unfixable and irreversible

i remember reading this about... TWD !
but OK, Lyman is Lyman

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 28.00
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ripleyyy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-is-here?tu=ripleyyy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.