2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,260 posts
  • 503 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Mnluz
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 392 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CDC61D8B-FD6A-4D64-A69E-01294E9E947B (resized).png
ED493CEB-E58E-4946-97C9-FCCE99E36547 (resized).jpeg
F119E176-AD5E-4740-8FF9-BD0F26A2515A (resized).jpeg
61CCCECE-2607-4D17-96C7-E30F907A1F0D (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
Jam (resized).png
2A4B0C7A-AF2B-44C4-A323-A95C678D5DC6 (resized).jpeg
50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#62 2 years ago

Who is doing the code?

#261 2 years ago

Has anyone said who is working on the code?

#403 2 years ago

Looks better than SW except I don’t love the gold but I don’t buy anymore LE pins from Stern.

Who’s doing the code?

#436 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Have they done a ramp configuration before that goes in and out of the back wall like that?

IM and TWD

#624 2 years ago

Looks like a Groot game more than anything.

#782 2 years ago

This pin makes SW look like a Zizzle

#787 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Guess I'm going to start buying Zizzles from now on.

I was just being sarcastic but it looks more feature packed than SW, I’ve yet to play SW.

#811 2 years ago

Do the hands move at all or just static?

#870 2 years ago
Quoted from Medieval_Gofers:

YES YES YES
Pro looks awesome (I can leave the hands), love how every character gets a shot like LOTR, even the Broker! Thanos is also present in the art which is good. Art is perfect, rules seem good, Groot looks great and the layout looks familiar yet fun.
My only reservation is the audio...really not one song? Or maybe this would be added with new code? Karl Urban speech was missing from Star Trek until an update.
I'll need some gameplay footage before I'm on board to buy one...but I'm definitely not...off board?....haha

I was a never Stern but this looks kind of good.

Now if they can get Bradley Cooper to do custom call outs!

#930 2 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

My wife is a huge fan of the Guardians of the Galaxy films. So much so that she wanted to get the LE before the reveal and she is not one to get excited about pins. Not so much after the reveal:
1. Groot is a supporting character that dies at the end of the first movie - yet he is featured huge on the playfield, LE/Prem back glass/cabinet, giant arms even on the prem/LE playfield. It seems like making a SW game focused around Chewbacca. Groot gets more attention on this game than Gene Simmons got on Kiss.
2. My wife is a huge Chris Pratt fan, and he plays the main character (Star lord / Peter Quinn). His likeness doesn't appear at all on the LE backglass (he is small and behind his Starlord mask). I thought at first maybe the license didn't allow his likeness but he is small on the playfield and on the cabinet art. His face appears on the prem and he is much more prominently on the pro trans light and cabinet art which she actually likes the best.
My wife doesn't care much about game play so now she is wanting the pro for the art while I make the argument for prem with swapping out the trans light with the pro version.

Agreed it's almost as if Borg has never watched the films and just said there are 10 characters in the film let's pick one and make that the focus. I have not played the pin obviously, I'm just looking at it. It's like if they made a Star Wars pin and build it around the Ewok TV show (for example) yes Ewoks are a part of the SW universe but they're not the main focus.

I will say, the same thing with TWD, just like Borg said 'let's see there was a well walker and a bicycle girl in a few scenes so let us make that two main shots'. Was there an arena (yes there was a scene in the show like 10 minutes) so they let's make that a mode, let's make Barn a mode (etc..)

Basically everything in TWD technically was part of the TV show but most likley just a 10 minute or half an episode and the head in the prison makes no sense at all. But at the end of the day TWD is a fantastic pinball machine.

#1225 2 years ago

I really like the premium edition features except for the hands.

This is one of those things that Stern does because they feel like need to add extra stuff to the premium, sometimes it’s not great. Like moving ramp on XMLE or bicycle girl ramp on TWD or hammer on MET.

Some people prefer the pro version because it has less clutter, if only Stern didn’t gimp the pro by removing spinners on Met and TWD and now GOTG.

This pin looks great and sure it’ll be fun.

I’d hope it’ll have movie clips and direct quotes from the movie like ST and Tron and IM and SM all had.

#1240 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

How in God's name does Stern think it's okay to remove spinners??? That's a basic - relatively inexpensive - game feature that people love. BASIC!!!!
You've gotta be kidding me.
That company is pitifully shameless. I'd love to hear their rationale publicly spilled. It's obvious its their way of forcing folks to buy the more expensive model... but, geesh, it's almost childish.

It’s just a ploy to persuade people on the fence to choose the upper trim level.

#1275 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Yes. Spinners could/should play a much larger role in the rules but they can't because Stern would rather save $10 on a pro and rip them out. Whatever, I'm out of this abusive relationship with Stern and their NiB offerings.

It’s not about saving $10 it’s about steering people to the premium.

PF supports are about saving money but at least you can add them yourself. Spinners you can add but not the code support.

#1318 2 years ago

I was fortunate to have bought Tron Pro and IMVE for $9600 nib delivered

That’s great deal for those pins and I could have Met pro and TWD pro for the same or less depending on the deals.

I just got a second hand RR Woz with RadCals got a good deal so I didn’t pay full retail but had got price quote for nib and it was around $9600 iirc.

I’m not saying the best Woz is as good as two excellent Stern Pro pins but I can say that the Woz machine is exquisitely built and I can feel and see the extra qualit with JJP games at least Woz.

Contrast that with BM66 LE or SLE which cost 2x or 3x what I paid for Tron Pro it just doesn’t seem like that much extra quality going into the higher price Stern pins.

#1335 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

That wasn’t Paul Bettany in the Iron Man machine.......holy crap. I’ve owned the game for 2 years, I always assumed it was him.

Thought it was him also.

#1411 2 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Pause? Because IM, TRON, TWD, and MET aren't enough of a list of pure awesomesauce?

Got them all.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside