1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 4,260 posts
  • 503 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by Mnluz
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 392 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CDC61D8B-FD6A-4D64-A69E-01294E9E947B (resized).png
ED493CEB-E58E-4946-97C9-FCCE99E36547 (resized).jpeg
F119E176-AD5E-4740-8FF9-BD0F26A2515A (resized).jpeg
61CCCECE-2607-4D17-96C7-E30F907A1F0D (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
Jam (resized).png
2A4B0C7A-AF2B-44C4-A323-A95C678D5DC6 (resized).jpeg
50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pw79.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#152 1 year ago

This GOTG unpopulated PF has more on it than a fully assembled Star Wars.

#157 1 year ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

Bah a theme I really have no interest in. Looks like the pinball themes are being gear'ed to the thirty something crowd.
oh well.......someone needs to tell Stern & Jersey Jack 30 somethings are in too much debt to afford NIB Pinball Machines. Besides I'll just buy a NIB GotG in 2020 when code is finished

Shouldn't you be saving for retirement instead of buying pins ya ol fart

#193 1 year ago

I have space/money.

My wife & daughter like GOTG.

I'd like to buy one but then I ask myself... how long will code take?

3 years?

5 years?

Then I get sad (about Stern's track record)... and think instead I should get TNA, AFM or (gasp) JJP Pirates.

#225 1 year ago
Quoted from TiltySimpson:

Jumping on that Total Nuclear Annihilation train!

It's almost like Stern accidentally said, via that TNA looking graphic, "before buying GOTG please consider TNA"

#259 1 year ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

It's comical how everyone says they are not going to get excited, no more hype, "teach a lesson" by not buying.... Then the announcement and it all comes back.

I dunno man.

There's a lot of "however" after many comments.

I'm excited, however...

#861 1 year ago

I added the game to my wishlist.

My wishlist is a list of games I wish Stern to finish.

C'mon Stern. You can do it!

giphy.gif

#1204 1 year ago

Do the arms move?

#1212 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Sure they do, don't you see the double piece plastic? Has to move right?

I see it now. Right next to the 3rd ramp & 3rd flipper

Someone said Dan Akroyd was doing the call outs.

10x’s the innovation too

#1333 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Hard core anal

Fun fact: that was the code name for Star Wars during production

#1396 1 year ago
Quoted from hank527:

They said they are on the line now. The question is always code. I guarantee it shoots awesome. I cannot even begin to guess on if the code is good or near complete or whats in the game.

That is exactly why I haven't ordered.

Stern's incomplete release code reputation has saved me so much money.

They remove the "emotion" right out of the transaction & emotion is what sells toys since there's no logical reason to buy them.

What I mean is I see GOTG and want to buy it. Right now. Right F'n now. But I cant, I have to wait a year or three. By then GOTG is old news & I covet a new title they just announced... but I cant buy it for another 3 years. By then the emotion is gone yet again. Rinse. Repeat.

By the time they finished MET it was old news. By the time they finished TWD it was old news (it still has bugs). I only bought TWD because a used local one popped up.

I exited the NIB market on both of those titles because by the time they were done I was no longer excited about them.

#1527 1 year ago
Quoted from Hi-Fi:

Do you really think Stern said "oh crap, nobody is pre-ordering this game" and then all of a sudden went out and secured the rights to two songs in less than a week? I think it takes longer than that. I would think this has been in the works for awhile.

Its possible Stern secured the rights to a dozen songs then to cut corners & opted out of using them only to add two back in.

Foil hat talk right there lol

#1641 1 year ago

Stern deserves all the criticism they're getting.

Stern deserves all the props they're getting.

GOTG looks great.

Cant wait until they finish it so I can buy it.

I cant decide if I want to be a troll or fanboy.

#1645 1 year ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Troll is way more fun, this site would be really boring as a fanboy.

I could be a Troll Fanboy tho

#1674 1 year ago

Wonder if it will carry-over the shared KISS bugs like Aerosmith lol

#1702 1 year ago

Stern does try to better their product. My Aerosmith shipped with factory mylar/cliffys & a georgous PF. That didn’t happen on accident.

Stern does try to maximize profit. They're constantly changing what your money buys you. That is fine. Gotta balance greed with lost sales vs money left on the table until balance is found. You as a buyer need to do the same. Don’t be a sucker.

IMO they (Stern) analyze historic sales data, forecasted sales data, warranty claims, BOM (be it art, IP or parts) vs ROI (sold units) & try to make a legit product with solid margins. Unless they’re just chopping lines of blow in the conference room & peeking out the blinds for week (BM66SLE).

I will say hype threads today are very different from years back. Now it’s “I don’t trust em on QC or code so I will wait” or “I’m getting this other game by a different manufacturer that’s already in stock”. That’s new & I’m sure Stern dislikes competition & likely regrets burning their customer base in the past. If they don’t now they soon will.

Long story short if GOTG doesn’t deliver... don’t buy it. That’s what I did with Star Wars. Sure, post about it here too & maybe communicate with Stern. But don’t buy it & gripe.

#1709 1 year ago

I'm just gonna buy a $0.50 baby Groot sticker @ a gumball machine & stick it somewhere on the Pro cabinet.

#1723 1 year ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Are you married? If I could get away with that I would.

Yes I’m married.

Plus you’re not my type.

For real tho, baby groot isn’t very prominent or super integrated into the cabinet. The artist pretty much pasted the lil dude where he is so why can’t you?

Buy these decals. Cut ol grooty out with a xacto knife & expertly sprinkle his decal in every corner of the cabinet.

(I’m not really trying to convince you to skip the LE)

457FD620-1098-4858-B033-BE6647852F50 (resized).jpeg

#1769 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

KISS and AS are a ton of fun but they still aren't finished

Yet another reason not to buy a GOTG for several years. If ever.

KISS is nearing 3 years old & Aerosmith will be a year old in a few months. FFS when will they get polished?

GOTG is likely to be a cut/paste of 2 unfinished games lol.

I still want one tho.

But those F'rs aint getting my cheese until I'm pleased

#1908 1 year ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

Sadly I've had a backyard firepit conversation about this soundtrack 2 years ago and took a history of music college course. Glad this will finally pay off

You remind me of Colt Seevers nephew on the Fall Guy right now. College this, college that. Malarkey!

#1986 1 year ago

I liked the 2nd one.

Maybe its because baby Groot dancing made my 4yr old daughter laugh hysterically.

When I hear her giggle, I giggle. That likely painted the movie in a positive shade for me from the get go since that scene was at the beginning.

Its almost like those Hollywood guys use psychology on us (I'm sure they do).

#1992 1 year ago

Aerosmith doesn’t have a skill shot

That’s just us pinheads pretending it does

#2113 1 year ago

Pop songs...

It doesnt say from when...

Watch it end up as Spice Girls & Milli Vanilli

#2154 1 year ago
Quoted from j_m_:

if stern would have done it to scale, that spring holding up the tie fighter would have been the only thing that you saw.
thank being said, the whole death star "egg" is just a travesty and they would have been better off to incorporate it as projected video onto the cabinet's backboard so that the whole "blowing up of the death star" could have been something special instead of what it turned out to be

Stern Star Wars...

The only pinball machine where I cant decide if it's broken my heart or violated my corn.

#2191 1 year ago

Looks cool.

I will say what little LCD content I saw sure seems super plain tho.

I’m getting very excited however. Stoked!

*Still not buying shit until it’s done & they finish my Aerosmith... no matter how many F’n songs they add.

#2195 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You're going to buy it, I can tell!

#2247 1 year ago
Quoted from jar155:

It's legit copy and paste though. Rules are Aerosmith. Missions are songs, Upgrade is Crank it Up, the Hadron is the VIP, the multipliers, the multiballs, and the wizard mode are the same. I hope there's more coming.

Hope in one hand

Shit in the other

See which one fills up first

So if it’s a copy/paste of Aerosmith it’s a copy/paste of KISS which means... the song selection bug will be on 3 games + there will be no programmed skill shot + the smart button won’t do shit + the wizard/mini-wizard modes will be nearly impossible & carry little scoring value?

#2350 1 year ago

IMO

Aerosmith animation is cool/funny.

GOTG looks very sterile & needs work.

#2391 1 year ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

My youngest son always wanted a NASCAR pin. That would be the only way I'd get one for him. NASCAR VE: Talladega Nights

I would buy the shit out of a Talladega Nights VE

I’d be all over it like a spider monkey

#2405 1 year ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Your first response to my post made me laugh! I will try to clarify
I like the SW and GOTG themes equally well. Both are amongst my favorites. If the games turn out about equal in code, video, callouts, etc. -- i.e. they are both "fun to play" and they don't do something up that screws up the theme then I'd be super happy with either one. As to my wife having input on MY 50th birthday gift and swaying my decision... I've been married 20 years and she's the love of my life and my best friend. It's more fun to play pinball with her than without her so my advice is that the best gifts given and received are ones you can enjoy together.

Awwwe

You're gonna make me puke.

That's so sweet my toof hurts.

On the real tho, my gameroom is better if the whole family enjoys it so I 100% understand ya & I also base some of my decisions based on what the wife & kids enjoy.

I bet you get GOTG!

#2508 1 year ago

Can someone send me a PM in a few years when GOTG is done?

#2782 1 year ago

I heard Stern’s next pin will be Charlie Chaplin

It will feature the same guy who did GOTG’s call-outs.

#3024 1 year ago

I feel left out... I want to argue too but I'm having trouble deciding which team to join.

#3058 1 year ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Custom call outs by Rocket the Racoon are going to be hilarious. And Groot mouth will talk/move like Funhouse Rudy when code gets fleshed out.

Sounds awesome

Buuuuuut I will believe it when I see it... and based on historical data I might not see it for a long time.

Rocket = Bradley Cooper. Did Stern hire Bradley Cooper or one of the X-Men voice actors?

#3065 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You just need to stick with Golden Tee Curly. Can’t F that up for analites
Woohoo! Party time ladies, life, love and happiness!
It’s hammer time and code is just a state of mind. Remember that!
And don’t let the bastards wear you down. Wear them down

When are you going to do the right thing & order a GT?

GT makes life better.

#3081 1 year ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Golden Tee is a game where you see who can hit the control panel the hardest without breaking their wrist.
And loser of every third hole buys a round of shots.

FYI hard control panel hits = amateur

Usually

#3207 1 year ago
Quoted from jgentry:

No, it's like every other stern thread. They must be bashed at every turn and for everything from the past, present, and future.

Well, to be fair...

GOTG doesn't even have call outs, a ton of games are unfinished, there's QC issues with boards, cabinets & playfields + the prices have become absurdly high.

Stern deserves everything they get from us. Praise & gripes. Its all legit IMO.

#3224 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Well.... good or not?
I guess you can come decide if you are driving distance to Madison. Game is at Schwoeglers now on the West side of town.
https://www.facebook.com/MadisonPinball/posts/1746397962051537?notif_id=1511834123186995&notif_t=like
Please follow/like the Madison Pinball page if you get a sec.

$1 per game?

That’s the fully coded price

Game should be set to $0.10 per credit until the next update IMO

(kidding)

#3247 1 year ago

"I rekcons I am groot"

"Hit Rocket if yonktoo"

#3251 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Stern game

I am hoping

That would be great!

This is a great summary of recent Stern titles

#3282 1 year ago

Told you F'rs.

Full disclosure: I haven't watched the stream so I'm just being argumentative. Did I spell dat right?

#3372 1 year ago

I watched some the stream.

The oooga shocka & boblayboo & weak voicework make for possibly the worst sound package in Stern history IMO.

The only way it could get worse is if the next game has voicework done by Fran Dreshner & Gilbert Godfrey (Edit: Gottfried)

#3391 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

You mean Gilbert Gottfried. Are there rumors of an Aflac themed pin?

You ever watch Trailer Park Boys?

Ricky constantly mispronounces words or uses phrases in the wrong context.

I feel like a Ricky right now lol.

Here’s some Rickyisms I found online

Breakfast at bed (Breakfast in bed)
Bottle of joy (Bundle of Joy)
Child Report (Child Support)
Carbonator (Carburetor)
Escape Goat (Scapegoat)

Man... Stern should make a TPB pinball. The call outs could be hilarious.

#3397 1 year ago

My pinball butthole hasn’t hurt this much since Star Wars

#3580 1 year ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

I'm down to be a guinea pig for callouts when it's substantial.

No way dude.

You said you loved the call outs.

#3591 1 year ago
Quoted from ASOA:

I think we have all voiced are opinions loud and clear. What now?

I’m gonna do the same thing I did after the Star Wars release

Keep my money for something else

#3732 1 year ago

Stern is doing it again

We’re turning on each other

Don’t let them divide & conquer us

We must unite for non shitty call outs!

Red Dawn! Wolverines!

1298F72B-2EE3-464D-9127-89E17218FB30 (resized).jpeg

#3774 1 year ago

Hooked on a feeling is like that shitty Smashmouth song on Shrek.

I don’t like it.

Almost feels like we’re getting trolled by Stern on this game sometimes

#3776 1 year ago

Anyone else think of Reservoir Dogs when hearing Hooked on a Feeling?

I hope the game changes cause I want to waste my money on it.

#3803 1 year ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Stern has had the comic license for 4 years they're just waiting for the right time to release it, and with the original having a generic sound package and voice package they can do it easy.
I've always said the comic book art black and white would be fantastic as a throwback to the era of Centaur.

If they do it right I’d buy one

But they’d prolly do it Luci style. You know, different cabinet art & two tiny zombies added to the PF

#3811 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Ding ding ding!
Award for "Most Redundant" Pinside post of 2017!

Shitty Smashmouth song

#3819 1 year ago

Edit: Smashmouth song

#3849 1 year ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

On a different note, I completely don't understand all the hubbub about the "bobbily boo" callout. Did no one see the movie?
» YouTube video
Later,
EV

IMO “bobillyboo” on GOTG is like Joe Pesci “Ok, Ok, Ok” on DE’s LW

I don’t want to shit on the game because I’d rather buy it so hopefully the Stern union address where they said they’re redoing the Audio/Video of the game becomes true.

No way in hell I’m buying it until it’s complete & to my liking because I don’t trust Stern (they’re all big cowboy hats & no cattle when it comes to code/promises)

#3862 1 year ago

Id bet the voice actors are due to cost cutting as someone else here mentioned there are cheap toys you can find in stores with audio of the movie.

#3864 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Cost might be the cause. Lets build a thousand pinball machines. Let's build a million toys.
I bet toys gets cheaper spread over so many units.
LTG : )

I hear ya.

But a $20 doll vs $7Kish game...

Im not even sure if my comment was accurate as I was just paraphrasing someone elses theory.

1 week later
#3964 1 year ago

SW is one of those "glue some shit on the PF" games.

This time Stern did it tho instead of Pinside.

FFS they stuck 2 christmas ornaments on the game & called it done.

1 week later
#4055 1 year ago
Quoted from davijc02:

With every licensed song that Stern adds to this I like it less. They are just annoying as hell and terrible.

With music there’s no pleasing everyone but I agree their song choices are... something else.

I’m glad to see they’re working on improving the game but deep down it almost feels like the new songs are a diversion &/or quick pittance for insufficient code or audio/video integration.

I keep taking the game on/off my wish list so I hope there’s something in the works!

#4067 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

If the code gets better

If my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle

#4083 1 year ago

It’s nice to see Stern working on the game but this update readme is sorta reminiscent of a 1990’s power point tutorial

“Add text, graphics & sounds”

If that F’n paperclip asks me if I need help on the LCD... I will lose it

83F7A5AF-7409-4949-BFA4-7AB5B7342787 (resized).jpeg

3 weeks later
#4174 1 year ago
Quoted from JimB:

They should have raised that bar. Did you look under the playfield to see if you can tap it up a bit with a punch tool?

Careful

Some of those have a spade top or a burr that keeps it anchored into the wood.

Popping that out can damage the PF if so

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bakersfield, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 129.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pw79.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside