50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider potatoloco.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#169 6 years ago

After reading these comics growing up and now seeing movies, I'm really pulling for this to be a home run. I want nothing more than to put an LE in my collection. Hope the full reveal is awesome.

#291 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

It's comical how everyone says they are not going to get excited, no more hype, "teach a lesson" by not buying.... Then the announcement and it all comes back.

Define everyone. I don't remember saying I'd never get excited about pin announcements. But yeah, it's pretty shocking to see people on a message board dedicated to pinball to be excited about a new pinball announcement. What is the world coming to?

#295 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Quite a witty retort. "Everyone" was referring to the masses and general vibe.

I live in Oklahoma and have been married for a decade. All I got left is my pins and wit.

#310 6 years ago

Whew, 6.1k MSRP for pros now. Looks like the kids are gonna pick up paper routes now.

#352 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

Is anyone else super excited for the Deadflip episode when they play the game?

Honestly, I just wish Stern would release their own promo video. I'd rather get a first look with a clean cut video package than just a reveal stream. And this is coming from a partnered Twitch streamer.

#423 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Naw, I love the Dead Flip streams of the new games. You get to see it in the same environment that you would at a bar or a friends house, people having fun.
I don't need a sanitized marketing video, I want actual people enjoying the game (or not).

That's all well and good, always a time and place for gameplay videos. It's just my preference to get to see the bells and whistles to what I'm going to spend thousands of dollars on rather than just watch someone play the game and generally trying to figure out what's going on.

#459 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

It says' we are groot' ? On the backboard...

Reference to the end scene of GOTG. I wish they would've just stuck with "I am Groot."

#461 6 years ago

Unless I'm blind, I'm not seeing Thanos anywhere. That's a little disappointing.

#475 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

You're blind. He's on the PF behind Ronin the Accuser and Nebula sitting in his space chair.

Awesome. Now I can go work on all my Waldo books.

On a side note, how in the world does Broker get a lane but not Thanos?

#1069 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I doubt one person on this forum could recognize the Guardians score if they heard it. There's no emotional attachment. It's not like Star Wars. And is the theme music even good for pinball? No idea, as I can't remember it. lol.
It's not a huge deal, but for me, the missing soundtrack is the difference between a must buy and a maybe buy. Game looks cool, but so do my other games.
No harm in discussing what could have been.

You can put those doubts at ease

I love listening to the scores of the MCU. I have my Avengers pin loaded up with the scores from Avengers, Iron Man 3, Civil War, Agents of Shield, but they're edited in such a way that it flows.

That being said, while the GOTG main theme is cool and used very well during the infinity stone scene, I really don't see how it would work well with a pin. Now getting the soundtrack loaded up on there would be fun.

#1121 6 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

Only tie-in I can think of is using the gold to reference the Sovereign from Vol. 2. However, given that the second movie seems very under-represented on this pin, I don't think that's what they were going for.
I second the notion that it's just "use up all the leftover WWE LE parts". Don't forget that TFLE Autobots and ST Prem use the same crimson armor.
Later,
EV

The color is from Star Lord's ship the Milano.

#1143 6 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

That's who the Soverign are.

The Milano is blue and orange in the movies. Star-Lord even says so during the Kyln escape. Only gold on its exterior was in the artist's rendering shown a page or two ago.
Later,
EV

I was wondering if anyone would actually correct me. Found an actual Guardians fan.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1219 6 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

I'm getting a Pro, and I was thinking the exact same thing.

No worries. I have studied the Milano a lot in the past couple years. IMHO, it is one of the best, most unique starship designs to come out in the past decade or so. Its silhouette is instantly recognizable, and absolutely beautiful. I have all 3 of the Lego versions....
Later,
EV

76081, 30449, 76021 all sitting on my display shelf

Here's hoping for a Howard the Duck mod

1 week later
#1903 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

On the Stern of the Union when they mentioned that the game will have pop songs in it, did they clarify that it came from the film? It was kind of weird to label them simply as "pop songs" and not "songs from the film." I would doubt that they would be using songs that don't have anything to do with the license, but found the wording strange.

Sadly I've had a backyard firepit conversation about this soundtrack 2 years ago and took a history of music college course. Glad this will finally pay off. I'm actually surprised how many people are getting their genres confused, after listening to Kaneda's podcast, I think some others will even be more confused as a lot of songs were attributed to the wrong genre.

GOTG Vol 1. soundtrack did hit #1 on the Rock Billboard charts in the US but is comprised of a lot of pop songs and pop / rock fusion songs.

I think Stern actually did mean pop songs. This should directly tell us what songs are on the table as a lot of GOTG songs (7) actually fall under the pop genre. Looking at the Vol. 1 soundtrack song genres.

Pop-
Hooked on a Feeling
I Want You Back
Ain't No Mountain High Enough

Power Pop (subgenre)
Go All the Way

Pop Rock - Soft Rock (subgenre)
Come and Get your love
I'm Not in Love
Escape "The Pina Colada Song"

Non-pop songs -
Spirit in the Sky
Moonage Daydream
Cherry Bomb
O-o-h Child (though Chicago Soul has elements of pop)
Fooled Around and Fell in Love

#1909 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

You remind me of Colt Seevers nephew on the Fall Guy right now. College this, college that. Malarkey!

Little did I know that blow off class in 2005 would come in handy in 2017.

1 week later
#2658 6 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Side note, callouts were left out for this stream... BUT
I did get a preview of a few of them, and HOLY SH*T are they hilarious!
Can't wait for them to get tossed in!

Why was the preview of the callouts not part of the reveal?

#2671 6 years ago

I'm an early 30s guy that just started collecting pins about 2 years ago, so I'm not familiar on the history of other pin releases in terms of code completion as I never really followed reveals on message boards before then. I own all Sterns, but at the end of the day, I'm a fan of pinball regardless of who puts the game out.

Stern's business model seems to be going the way a lot of PC game developers have gone over the past few years. Present a product that is in its early stage release and sell that to the public. How many games does that make that are currently out in which the code isn't finished? After watching for a couple of minutes last night, I just can't justify buying this game. I can't justify my NIB purchases to be incomplete games regardless of what the theme is. I hope that it does come along in development and I can add it to my lineup.

That being said, other companies out there, there's a massive gap in the market right now for a pin company to have a release ready game that is properly marketed from the get-go. Please, someone, step up.

#2924 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I don't do drugs BUT maybe its because of all the alcohol I'm drinking

Umm...what?

#2985 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I just discovered a new game series on last gen video game hardware (xbox360): Borderlands. It’s awesome, cost me almost nothing, I’m ~20 hours into the FIRST game and no end is in sight. A bad node board on a new $5500-$9000 Stern will cost me hundreds in comparison. Winner: video games!

Just in time for the upcoming Borderlands 3 announcement!

1 week later
#3621 6 years ago

I'm glad there are callouts in the game, so progress at least in the right direction. That being said I couldn't really get past the cheap feel with voice actors. The Yondu parts were cringe worthy. I have an Avengers pin that I customized complete with movie callouts and music, but that took a long time to do. I'm not sure if I want to do that again.

That being said, I think this would've been much easier if they simply used a voice actor for Howard the Duck to do all the callouts. Ignore movie lines, have Howard be more like a guide through the game while making movie references.

#3640 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Marvel ONLY lets the two douchebag "actors" do pinball voices. It doesn't matter if it was supposed to be "Howard the Duck", it would still sound like one of these 2 assholes & not Seth Green who voiced Howard the Duck in GOTG. It also wouldn't solve the problem of a personality based theme having zero personality. They needed the movie callouts mixed with a GOOD Rocket & Drax sound-alike for custom callouts, end of story. They failed. Marvel sucks for pinball. Hopefully, all the Deadpool contracts go through Fox...that game will still have a chance.

My reasoning is, Howard the Duck was a nice little easter egg put in by James Gunn. He has all of 10-12 seconds of air time in 2 movies but a nice callback for comic book fans. I don't think people would care near as much to have that character have a voice actor with original call-outs compared to the main characters having voice-overs from actual movie lines.

I'm fairly certain a Deadpool pin would go through Marvel as Disney and Marvel have retained all merchandising rights to the characters. Deadpool seems to be on the verge of reverting back to Marvel anyhow. The movie is cool and all, but I'd much rather see a comic inspired Deadpool pin with Nolan North voicing the character.

#3650 6 years ago
Quoted from Raegor:

Being a PC gamer, the days of early release and unfinished work are here and it doesn't look like they're going away.
The gaming industry has started "early access" sales to beta versions of their software, and people are buying them up like gangbusters (pubg).
Some games stay in "early access" for 5+ years.
There's no such thing as gold standard anymore.

I agree. But at the same time, those developers tend to acknowledge they're releasing an unfinished product and that early buyers are meant to break the game to keep it evolving. This is much easier to do for $19.99-$39.99. Not so much for $5,500.

Now if Stern or other pinball manufacturers stated they're selling unfinished machines and encouraged us to find all the bugs for them, I think this forum might have a full meltdown lol.

#3661 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Not sure why you think that. Fox owns the property currently. The rights only revert back to Marvel if Fox "abandons" the property by not making any movies about it for a set period of time. Deadpool isn't even licensed out separately. He falls under the larger X-Men property. So even if the Deadpool movie hadn't been made, hadn't been a success that generated a sequel, as long as Fox keeps cranking out X-Men related movies, Deadpool stays with them.

I'm thinking that because there are widespread reports that Disney is in negotiations with Fox currently to acquire the Marvel catalog.

#3664 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Disney was in talks with Fox to buy its ENTIRE film division, but those talks aren't currently going on right now.
I read your earlier statement as the rights to the Deadpool character were about to revert back to Marvel organically, which is why I responded.

We gotta get you caught up on the news cycle then. They're back on.

*Edit: We're both butchering revert... But no, not revert organically, but revert due to Marvel re-acquiring the film rights to that property.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 25.00
$ 28.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider potatoloco.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-is-here?tu=potatoloco and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.