2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,260 posts
  • 503 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Mnluz
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 392 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CDC61D8B-FD6A-4D64-A69E-01294E9E947B (resized).png
ED493CEB-E58E-4946-97C9-FCCE99E36547 (resized).jpeg
F119E176-AD5E-4740-8FF9-BD0F26A2515A (resized).jpeg
61CCCECE-2607-4D17-96C7-E30F907A1F0D (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
Jam (resized).png
2A4B0C7A-AF2B-44C4-A323-A95C678D5DC6 (resized).jpeg
50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pipes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#286 2 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

Are they going to reveal more today or was yesterday it for now?

A few people seem to be saying that a full reveal is coming today. How do we know that?

#292 2 years ago
Quoted from wontwa:

Because one of the sources is the guy who did the artwork, on a fb post yesterday ("full reveal will be tomorrow").

Quoted from flashinstinct:

When Canada's only distributor tells you it's getting revealed today, I would take his word for it.

Well, it seems we have two solid reasons to expect a full reveal today then.

#353 2 years ago

I like what I see so far. Can't wait for the full playfield pics.

#384 2 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

Thought I'd have to go Premium on this one, but leave it to Borg to make the Pro look loaded!

Curious to see if the gameplay difference is more than just the extra magnets for the Pre/LE.

#536 2 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Does the pro come with the inner side blades.

Yes, one coat of black paint.

#553 2 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

i am not missing the point, stern does.

I know you're the beatmaster and all but you are just beating a dead horse here.

#719 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Don't understand Stern's strategy of not showing this at Expo this year.

Pretty sure Jersey Jack had something to do with it.

#770 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

also, this is just lazy (and tacky looking). really? 6 visible screws?!?

I noticed that too. Clearly this could have been designed a bit better.

#1230 2 years ago

Love the game so far but not sure how long I can deal with all these "I am Groot" / "We are Groot" posts. That's getting old pretty quick.

#1232 2 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Imagine that is the only call-out that Groot makes

I can see myself lighting that Groot head on fire at some point for sure.

#1238 2 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

We are Groot. Except for pipes. pipes must be Kree. j/k

lol, I'm good with that

#1247 2 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

I never understood the fascination with spinners. The paddle spins, big deal. I'm more interested in making the shot than how many spinner hits I'm up to. Clearly, I'm not the norm on this, but I really don't care if they're on the game or not.
Does seem cheap though that they'd be on the Prem/LE and not the Pro. Maybe if enough people complain (and don't buy the Pro) STERN will add them.
Side note, maybe they can be added after the fact like MET (assuming the switch logic and code info is there on the Pro...).

I feel the same way. I don't particularly care for them but it bothers me that they remove them from the Pro.

1 week later
#2136 2 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

That looks f'in awesome.

+1

Now that's how the LE armour should look.

#2186 2 years ago

lol, pinside. 43 pages of posts complaining that there's not going to be any songs from the movie in the game.....now we get to look forward to another 43 pages of posts complaining about which songs from the movie are in the game. lol, I love this place.

#2218 2 years ago

Nice review taygeta....thanks for that. I like what I hear. That light show on the premium really does look impressive. I own an ST premium and i was reminded of that watching the videos. Very nice looking game. I’m excited about this one.

#2426 2 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

just to keep feeding our addiction, best video so far of GOTG.
» YouTube video

Good video, thanks for sharing.

#2561 2 years ago

I have to be honest, that stream was hard to watch. I had enough after 10 minutes. No offence to Jack...you did the best you could with what you were given. Hard to believe people are already taking delivery of this game in this condition. There’s no way it should be shipping this year. I’ll be waiting a year before even thinking about buying it.

#2600 2 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Wow, whoever at stern that has the power to make things change really should be seeking the advise of their customers. You just can't show something like this. They hurt sales with this stream. I'm sure with the Trudeau mess they are scrambling and trying to get a game out before the end of the year to meet sales goals but this is not helping them. They should have kept the line pumping with the game and had a stock pile of pro's, premiums, and LE's ready to ship and not released anything at all until the code was in the right place.
Who all would be buying if on Dec 11th stern announced the game had Deadflip record a bad ass video with 1.0 code that has all of the modes in, most of the call outs, and proper music and movie clip integration? Why did they not just wait on the release, have everything ready, have games in boxes, have Jack record the weekend before in secret. Drop everything at once with a giant bang, and oh, by the way, call you distro now and have your game in 2 days, pro's, premiums, and LE's are in boxes waiting for your Christmas order. Merry Christmas from stern and make sure you update your code first thing upon unboxing as we have blown the code out of the box since these were on the line.

Yeah, try Dec. 11, 2018.

#2608 2 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Nonsense, stern has known for months that this game was getting pushed up and that the code is going to need to be expedited. If it's that important to keep the line going they should have made the code equally as important. Add resources, pull people off other projects, stay late, do what is needed to make a successful release. I'm not blaming Lonnie for this at all. He can only work within the confines and time that stern gives him.

They seem to be spreading themselves too thin and constantly in a rush for whatever reason. The result is a half-baked product on release. They should focus on one or two projects at a time instead of four or five.

#2614 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I miss standard DMDs...

I was thinking the same thing. ColorDMD's impress me more than any Stern LCD so far.

#2625 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Gary has said it himself multiple times at his talks, Stern is a manufacturing business not a pinball business.The product they manufacture just happens to be pinball games.

WTF does that even mean?

#2784 2 years ago

So, is it true that GotG wasn’t meant to be their next release but was instead supposed to be a Trudeau pin? This would somewhat explain why it’s only half-baked.

#2790 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

But that's not even a valid excuse. Let GotG finish development and run a planned vault or something to keep the line running and fill the gap. People have been waiting for Tron - give them that. Keep cranking out FINISHED games, not half-assed-nowhere-close-to-done messes. It WILL catch up to them if they don't get it under control.

Well, apparently they had planned to have one more game on the market before the end of 2017 so to follow through with that they had to push GotG out the door regardless of the state of the code. Merry Christmas.

#2793 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Nope. They didn't HAVE to push out anything, and I'd be very surprised to see another machine this year. Move a vault in, move GotG to 1Q and it would have been a much better reception.

It’s easy to say these things from the outside looking in. I’m sure they scrutinize over every scenerio and ultimately will do whatever they feel will benefit the company the most. Your scenerio evidently, wasn’t going to cut it in terms of their bottom line.

#2794 2 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Sorry guys honesty is a Big part of who I am.

You seem sincere and I accept your apology.

#2796 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Given that it's the 3rd time they've "benefitted the company the most" in the last 12 months by shipping games nowhere close to 1.00, it's pretty clear there's a problem with management or cash flow or both. Customers clearly are not the first consideration. Once could be an anomaly, twice a mistake, but three times in 12 months points to a very serious problem at Stern. It's literally never happened before twice, let alone three times in 12 months. Something is very wrong.

Possibly but can you tell me for certain that their sales are suffering at all?

#2800 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

No one can, but if this is literally half-done launch code and 6-18 month wait for 1.00 is the new norm, I can tell you sales WILL suffer. I know a number of NIB buyers that are out of the new Stern game now. More than at any time I can remember. It will catch up to them, and the fact that Stern has allowed this to happen THREE times almost in a row points to serious problems internally of some sort.

Fortunately, I don’t care for their LE’s so I can afford to wait a year for a NIB Stern and will certainly do that given what they’ve been delivering at launch the past couple of years. I agree with you but until it hits them in the bank account they have no motivation to change their ways. I couldn’t imagine buying this game right now the way it is. All my games are Sterns at the moment but I think it’s time for me to test the waters over at JJP for a while. I’ll come back to Stern once they get their shit together.

#2806 2 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

The game itself is a lot of fun, and is only going to get better.
I seem to have Switch errors, though #59, #60, #61, and #62 -- all related to groot switches...but he works fine. I'm not sure what to make of it. I'm hoping it's just beta code probs.

It has a lot of potential and I have no doubt that it will be an excellent game eventually.

I doubt the errors are code related. You may have a wire disconnected somewhere in that line. Did you check under the playfield?
Edit: misunderstood the issue...see chuckwurt's response

#2808 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This happens all the time on new games. False tech alerts. How could he have a switch error in Groot’s head and it be working properly?

Good call. I missed the part about it working properly somehow. So false alerts are a common thing? Good to know.

#2820 2 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Sw kicks royal ass !! But you gotta be good in pinball / if you really new what stern went through with the sw people behind closed doors you would change your tune

So, you were there behind those closed doors? Do tell.

#2835 2 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

I was at expo steve said never again will he do a movie theme and everything they did with sw had to be approved by the sw people he said it was a royal pain in the ass

Does "everything they did" include the actual physical design of the playfield aside from the artwork?

#2851 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am not sure what Stern needs to do to start getting games out the door as feature complete, but they should figure it out.

Out of curiosity, when was the last time they actually released a game with complete code (not counting minor updates)?

#2870 2 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Metallica is one game I wish I had've owned by now. I feel like I would've kept it. Maybe even Kiss.

lol, do you really believe that? I'm curious if you still have that GotG you opened yesterday?

#2874 2 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Yes and yes.
Besides, I've only gotten two offers on my GotG so far, neither of which interested me.

Ah, even if you get a good offer you should still hold on to it....at least until you put some time into it with good code.

#2882 2 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Hey, I said the future!
Tomorrow is a new day!

I'm one that buys to keep so I'm fascinated at how quickly you go through games. Your For Sale/Trade and Wanted threads are quickly becoming classics around here.

#2893 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Remember CGC as well. Old BWs go very well with late model Sterns and they compliment each other giving you a nice all round collection.

Those are very much on the radar as well. There's quite a few BW games I would love to add to the collection one day. For now, JJPOTC is next in line though.

#2894 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

thanks. I had heard from a typically reliable source that TWD vault was coming where they will have the PRO model with walker bombs, spinner, and extra magnet. I was told the only thing holding it up was that Lyamn is still busy on other titles with code.
If true, it would be enough for me to likely by a TWDve for home finally.

I wonder what the price point would be on that though. Somewhere in between a Pro and Premium?

#2916 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

TWDLE is my no 1 machine ever. It has the number 1 keeper spot in our home with MET and TAF behind it. All the "problematic" things that people speak of have never happened to us on that machine. Ours plays smooth as silk. I would leave the game as is. It is all about the market so Stern want to capitalise. I can definitely see how a Pro with "best features of a premium" would be very desirable.

100%. I have never had an issue with mine either. BG ramp works great. To say that pre/le owners would “upgrade” to a VE is laughable.

#3398 2 years ago

My condolences to whoever has this game in their home right now. I know it will get better but yikes, it just seems so disjointed.

#3417 2 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I’m an early adopter and I’m having a blast.

Glad to hear you're enjoying it Zach....I can’t wait to hear Greg's unbiased review

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pipes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside