50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1454 6 years ago

Looks like another rehash from Stern. Reminds me of the old Gottlieb days were they simply changed up the playfield with slight variations. I love Metallica so I will probably like GOTG. I can taste the rainbow with this one, my only problem is should I pull the trigger on a pro now or wait a year and buy an LE for $5000.

#1656 6 years ago

I have a feeling code will be decent out of the gate on this one. My concern is lack of songs. GOTG franchise is what it is because the awesome soundtracks. I am hoping Stern can add more, it would be great to match up a song with each mode- I would be stoked if they could do that. My other concern is animation for LCD. I am leaning towards actual movie footage instead of Scooby doo animation. The art is killer, I think I want to pull the trigger on the Pro just for the art (:

#1658 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

How many would Stern sell if they had gone all out on this game?!

I think the songs on Mustang helped sales. I also think if they added songs it would really help sales for GOTG. It really would be easy to do code wise, I guess it may just be a cost factor? Not sure how the number of soundtracks and the licensing rights work? I would figure if you buy the rights it would include music, especially with GOTG? The music is part of the storyline, not to have it included is sacrilegious.

#1660 6 years ago

Man does the art on the Pro Pop!

I cant stop starring at it....I love the bright turquoise trim around the backbox.

Guardians-of-the-galaxy Pro.jpgGuardians-of-the-galaxy Pro.jpg

1 week later
#2156 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

groot is as huge

I do think that the Groot arms are too big and are distracting. I thought the hammer was huge and distracting on Metallica Premium/LE but these Groot arms are HUGE! They turned me off enough to order the Pro, it made my decision easier. People talking about adding more crap makes me chuckle. Let's add a huge Walkman in Groot's huge hands and try to eliminate the entire playfield view-Awesome where can I buy!

It's Huuuuuuge.pngIt's Huuuuuuge.png

#2317 6 years ago

Those look way better than Stern's version

Hat's off to the original developer for shooter mods

#2318 6 years ago

I got to say that the clear coat is looking good and the playfield looks solid

Oh so shiny....

#2320 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

crocs off right now

Haha and it's Crocs with socks

#2589 6 years ago

Well my Pro is on it's way and I am excited about it. I bought the Pro because of the art and the layout. I knew the code would probably be beta, but I know that it will be polished eventually and as long as there are no mechanical issues from factory I am good. I am actually looking forward to riding the code roller coaster and I enjoy the changes and progression of code development. I loved my X-MEN even with beta code and now it is stellar with the polished code. Talking about code development and offering suggestions gives me satisfaction. For the money of the Pro I feel like I am not taking much of a risk going in blind. If it does not appeal to me I can dump it. I have a feeling it will become a great title, not for just the art but for the fast flowing gameplay.

#2596 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

add a "Team" of coders

I was thinking the same thing, what if Stern implemented an internship program with one of the local institutes? Get some greenhorns in there to lend a hand

#2947 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No ones forcing me to buy anything...but clearly I'm a potential customer who used to buy these games and now won't. I'm not the only one.

Rare I respect you and your post and with no intended offense I think you need to lower your expectations a little. Quality has gone down on occasion and price has gone up, but how many times do we need to hear that you have not bought or supported Stern since Metallica. It is starting to sound like a broken record, and makes you look like a Stern hater(which I know you are not).

I guess my point is I think you need to relax a little and be thankful pinball is back in the spotlight and you have choices to buy from multiple companies. I got frustrated at Stern's money grabbing Batman 66 game release and it put a bad taste in my mouth, but I got over it quickly. I got a bad taste in my mouth when Rick with PPS started flapping his mouth at fellow pinsider's about coin mechs, etc., but I got over it and bought a MMR.

Stern has been behind the eight ball since their move and they may have rushed out machines or cut and pasted design elements to make a production schedule deadline, but they are still turning out decent, fun games imo. The only games Stern has made that I do not care for are WWF, and Batman 66 (Mainly because I am not into theme). All of Sterns other games made since Metallica are fun games.

You can argue all day long until you are blue in the face trying to convince other people not to buy "Stern Crap" because lack of code or imperfections, or bad design, etc. I think you are wasting your breath, because Pinsiders make up maybe 5-10% of the overall potential pinball buyers. This ideology of 'If we all take a stance and don't buy-Stern will learn a lesson and make improvements' is a pipe dream. Sorry but Stern is up 40% in last two years and doing very well, they take suggestions into consideration, but they will maintain their 3 title a year release regardless of production delays.

I have been very happy with all of my recent NIB Stern pinball machine purchases and I am thankful that I am in the position to be able to afford them and I am thankful that Stern is still in business making great machines.

I am not a Stern Fanboy, just a dedicated pinhead who loves pinball and wants it to thrive.

Quoted from Rarehero:

It's important to have this conversation

Yes it's important to have this conversation, but it does get old after the 100 time of reiteration(Again Broken Record)
Time to dive back in Rare and buy some new Sterns-they are a blast!

Lower your expectations and be thankful....

Lowered Expectations.pngLowered Expectations.png
Keep Calm Lower Expectations.pngKeep Calm Lower Expectations.png

#2952 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

until it meets your expectations

Everyone's expectations will differ, but to nitpick a title to death trying to find imperfections or issues with beta code often does not lead to anything productive.

I am a perfect example, I bashed Stern and Star Wars upon release and put on my 'blinders' where I could only see the negative and not the positive. I tried to convince myself that Star Wars was crap and it was not a good machine. Then over time I opened my ears and listened to other owners who stated over and over how much fun the game is. I finally let down my defensive guard and lowered my expectations and I am really happy with my recent Star Wars LE purchase. It is a really fun game and my whole family is enjoying it.

Guardians of the Galaxy will be great and fun to play-keeping it positive on this one (;

#2955 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

I don't feel like getting yelled at because you guys.

I think a lot of people give you shit because it is the exact opposite of what everyone else does when they purchase a game, I could not comprehend it myself at first and I felt like you were not giving the games a true chance because of the quick flipping. To each is own, I respect your passion for pinball. I actually get a kick watching newer people get consumed by this disease(also called pinball collecting). Some get more consumed than others.

Keep your passion and don't listen to the haters, you have certainly entertained me.

#2973 6 years ago

Wow Happy Thanksgiving Debbie

dd.jpgdd.jpg

#3184 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I thought this thread was about GOTG

No like Ice said this thread is for circle jerking Stern haters, who have no faith, move any productive conversations over to the owner's thread.

Steve Ritchie said Pinside is a disease, I got offended at first but I am beginning to see the other side as well.

1 week later
#3896 6 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

this pin will never reach it's full potential

That depends on how critical you are, for many it is already getting there. You could argue that every game ever made never met it's 'full' potential. Sounds and call outs can be fixed easily with future code updates, the layout and mechanics are solid on this one.

Quoted from dgpinball:

I'll take it hands down over the SW Prem that it was sitting next too, that's a game I don't think anything can save!

Well my Star Wars LE blows away GOTG and I would sell my GOTG way before my SW LE. I think you need to get some more time on SW. It is an awesome game, GOTG is a good game but Star Wars is a fantastic game!

#3953 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Fun is where it’s at. The amount of code in a game generally has little to do with that. In fact, it’s often quite the opposite.

Yes RD I totally agree, sometimes depth of code or amount of toys has nothing to do with it. Either it is fun or it is not. What becomes objective is what people consider to be fun. I was thinking the other day how much fun I have with my 24, many people think it is striped and basic. Sometimes basic is fun. You can have mindless fun without playing a chess match.

#3961 6 years ago
Quoted from karl:

I agree that the mod part of Machines has taken way too much space on this forum, but I also think that those who get excited about that aspect should be allowed to show off or discuss that part of this hobby.

Yes totally agree the forum has morphed with many new pinsiders. I think people like to tinker, including myself. I like playing my machines but I also enjoy enhancing them as well. Sometimes I see pictures of machines with the entire playfield plastered in mods and while it is not my style, I respect the pinsider who was excited about it and wanted to share it with others. Got to have respect for every type of pinball enthusiast. Modding a pin is all good, it is like buying a new truck and putting a lift kit and some BFG Mudders on, it looks baddass and it enhances the look and function of the vehicle.

1 week later
#4062 6 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

What's a good score for playing on location?

That's a good score. The question is how far did you progress? The scoring does not seem balanced with progression.

Brian you need to do a run of T-Shirts with Yondu's face in center, I would buy one-take my money!

BOBO.jpgBOBO.jpg

1 week later
#4130 6 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

Requiring 5-10 shots, of which most are tight, may be a bit much to complete a mode.

Quoted from rotordave:

They really need to tweak the modes to make them “achievable” and award good points

Yes I agree it is not balanced and it makes advancement very difficult. My thought was to have an option in feature menu for changing from difficult to either medium or easy for mode completion. I enjoy tough games but I would also like to advance further without five ball. The other problem is the amount of time it takes to complete a mode. I imagine if you made it to wizard the way it sits now you would be playing forever to get there.

#4134 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Does it not have “easy” and “extra easy” on the Installs menu like other Stern pins?

No it has no adjustment options when it comes to modes, only multiball, multipliers, bonuses, etc. You can try and increase your chances for advancement by manipulating the number of balls, and awarded specials, etc. but I do not want to have to play 6 or 7 balls to make significant progression. I am not a pro player and I would like the option added for mode progression difficulty levels. I would also like Stern to have an adjustment setting for the shooter trough eject coil and shooter lane coil-still way too powerful, I notified the technical department at Stern about it, hopefully they can implement something in code? I call Stern's overpowered shooter coils in GOTG 'shotgun coils' -they will blow away your shooter lane in no time-kaboom!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 28.00
Lighting - Backbox
PinWoofer

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-is-here?tu=pinmister and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.