3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,260 posts
  • 503 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Mnluz
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 392 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CDC61D8B-FD6A-4D64-A69E-01294E9E947B (resized).png
ED493CEB-E58E-4946-97C9-FCCE99E36547 (resized).jpeg
F119E176-AD5E-4740-8FF9-BD0F26A2515A (resized).jpeg
61CCCECE-2607-4D17-96C7-E30F907A1F0D (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
Jam (resized).png
2A4B0C7A-AF2B-44C4-A323-A95C678D5DC6 (resized).jpeg
50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pimp77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#444 3 years ago

Borg is sterns ace and the best designer out there...this game looks worlds better than SW. Saying that, it IS very similar to his IM and MET but that’s not a bad thing I guess.

My only question is: are we supposed to be the bad guy fighting the GoTG here? Why is Rocket shooting at us? Why are we bashing Groots face and shoving our balls in his mouth? Shouldn’t we be fighting a bad guy like Ronin or something instead of the good guys?

#455 3 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

At this point he's not even designing anymore. He's taking the same 3-4 ideas from all his games (and 1-2 from other peoples' games) and putting them in slightly different spots on the playfield.
The game looks fun, but there's absolutely nothing new or exciting here. At all.

True. It’s pinball. What hasn’t been done before? There can’t/won’t be a game changing innovation on every game. What was the last innovation? RGB LEDs I guess?

#484 3 years ago
Quoted from GrimDog:

if this has the music, i may sell my metallica for this.

Get ready for the IM and MET firesale!!!

#496 3 years ago

The difference between this game and MET is Lyman on code instead of Ropp or Tanio/Waison?

Either way, not liking the odds that GoTG will surpass MET.

#717 3 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

few things i don't like but i think it's one of the best pro. artwork looks good, more of stuff to shoot at, not bad for a pro.
but,
no tracks from the movie, bad.
(premium/LE) the big hands are little too much for me. even if it doesn't block the player's view, won't miss those on the pro.
Ridiculous cheap parts removed from the pro, slingshots flashers, spinners, ramps decals, so they can justify premium/le... those are pennies on the dollar.
curious about the call outs and video integration.
still, i think the pro is the best bang for the buck on this one.

Seriously: a couple flashers, spinners, and ramp decals (LOL!). It’s really pathetic to strip those out of a $6000 game. They have to differentiate somehow I guess.

#733 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfanoz:

Take it the hands are going to come down and hold the balls that are being held by magnets? Would be cool but agreed that they may get in the way of shots otherwise. Great looking game and more to offer than Star Wars for sure.

The hands do nothing. They are static.

#805 3 years ago
#812 3 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Does anyone know if Groot's eyes light up? If not that's first on my list to make!

Not sure about Groots, but Gary’s eyes are lighting up with $$ and he’s rubbing his hands together.

#993 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So for those in the anti-Groot camp - what do you think a better toy or interactive feature would been? I think it makes sense that they took the two fantasy/non-human characters and made them playfield toys.

I think villains would have been better as the toys. Let’s smash Ronan or Thanos in the face instead of Groot. Why is Rocket shooting at me? Am I the bad guy?

#1163 3 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Speaking of which, does anyone know if the hands move up and down and if the fingers move separately?

#1177 3 years ago

I guess you know this from underside playfield pictures? No motors maybe? That'd be more informative than "Dude. We know". Now I'm thinking, who's "we"? There's no subsets of we here. Dude.

We know this by looking at the pics and checking the matrix they released. They would be touting the shit out of moving hands!!! They’re static!

#1191 3 years ago

This is on the matrix for Prem and LE only. "All new EZ Slide cabinet brackets for smooth and easy playfield access". I wonder what that is?

Look at Star Wars LE /Premium: the matrix says the same thing.

#1337 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Put all the fun to play stuff on the cheap model! Put a bunch of non-interactive "bling" that half of the pinball community doesn't care about on the expensive model! Sit back and watch sales of your Premium machines plummet!
Great advice from the buyers perspective. Lousy business advice for Stern.

We’re talking about a f*cking spinner. The Hyperloop toy on SW is a great example of a Premium type of feature. Another great example is the left ramp popping up and revealing a zombie head on TWD. A spinner is an off the shelf pinball part. Find a better way to justify your price gouging.

Edit: The Groot hands are a great way to do it too by the way, but not a spinner.

#1404 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No one's forcing you to buy it NOW. Wait. Stern games usually have a 3 year license. Wait. Play it. Then buy, if you like it.

What an amazing idea! Try before you buy? What is this concept?

#1466 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

hobbit blows serious ass. You and maybe 1 other person would agree. But hey, there are 2 people out there that like Street fighter 2 pinball, so even shitty games have to have a little love I guess.

LOL, I guess if you believe it it’s true.

TH is the most loved game in my house by just about everyone that plays it. It’s not MY personal favorite, but in no way does it “blow serious ass”. Mine is set up to be pretty mean though, unlike most I’ve seen elsewhere. It’s a fantastic game with an unfair stigma that it’s easy and boring. It does need a final wiz mode to tie everything together, but it’s cool as is. People rarely sniff Battle of Five Armies on my game (including myself), so having a wiz mode that will rarely, if ever, get reached won’t add a ton to it.
You don’t like it, that’s cool. LOTS of people do like it and some even LOVE it. It’s all good. I mean, it is number 27 on the top 100...only 7 spots below TWD (which is an amazing game and on my short list to acquire).

PS SF2 does blow serious ass!

#1468 3 years ago
Quoted from flipordie:

Are the multipliers going work like star wars? or are they just set similar to ST?

Not like SW (thank god)...I think the rule card said when you complete the inlane lamps it lights the multipliers and the next shot you make puts the shot at 2x for the rest of the ball.

#1523 3 years ago
Quoted from tmick73:

All it says is “Sneak Peak...” with the picture attached. I’m guessing (and hoping) that it’s the armour included on all LE’s.

They’re probably add-ons like the Ghostbuster ones, but my hopes are up that they’re included.

#1614 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

i'll give you the most important one, that should ban stern from anyone who is serious about this hobby and plan on being here long term
Spike system-- Making games virtually disposable, because the games will be unfixable 5-10 years from now. (no schematics and super tight board configurations)

That’s the grand plan...sell crazily priced parts in 5-10 years time! Mwaaahahahahahaaaaa!

#1772 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I got to play a Met pro this weekend, that’s some amazing value by comparison. Maybe best Stern pro?

Yes, it is.

#1840 3 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

If the code is up to par with Metallica, they'll sell a ton of these. I am not a big Metallica fan either. In fact, their music is kinda grating to me, but the game is undeniably fun and one of the best modern pinball games. That's a tough task to try and make something that is coded as well as Metallica, but it's a worthy goal to shoot for.
I have to imagine with each release they're getting a bit more experienced with Spike. I hope that leads to fewer problems. It's kind of a scary platform.

MET has several huge things over GOTG:
1) Lyman
2) SAM

#1862 3 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

SPIKE is vastly superior to SAM, and anything other assertion is asinine.

#2072 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Spirit in the Sky was used in Apollo 13 during multiball!
The GOTG ride at Disneyland has 6 different classic songs, none from the movie, but they totally work since they're really high energy songs. Any of those could work well in the game...but if they're gonna license it prob is best to get ones from the movie.

They do work. They also use a few from the movie for the ride...definitely the Fleetwood Mac and Jackson 5 songs.

#2073 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

They do work. They also use a few from the movie for the ride...definitely the Fleetwood Mac and Jackson 5 songs.

To clarify, these are the random ones you hear during the ride (with different movie and drop sequences):
“Hit Me With Your Best Shot” by Pat Benatar (1980)
“Give Up The Funk” by Parliament (1975)
“Born To Be Wild” by Steppenwolf (1968)
“I Want You Back” by The Jackson 5 (1969)
“Free Ride” by The Edgar Winter Group (1973)
“Burning Love” by Elvis Presley (1972)

Movie soundtrack songs play as you are exiting the ride to the ride picture monitors.

#2395 3 years ago

He’s considerate of his wife. That’s funny?

#2560 3 years ago

PLONK!

#2873 3 years ago

Layout is great (it’s MET 2.0), art is pretty damn good, sound/music and code are lacking. Two out of four isn’t bad.

Seriously, the layout is a proven winner and the theme rocks. If Lyman was on this it would be a winner in a year or so. With Lonnie, expect Aerosmith rules on this game. If that’s enough for you AND you don’t have MET or AS already it might be a winner for you. I don’t have MET or AS yet...so if this is close to MET in quality when the code is done I might go for one. It’s a much better theme than MET for me.

But then I think, why risk a SPIKE system when I can get MET on a SAM system?

#2983 3 years ago

I just discovered a new game series on last gen video game hardware (xbox360): Borderlands. It’s awesome, cost me almost nothing, I’m ~20 hours into the FIRST game and no end is in sight. A bad node board on a new $5500-$9000 Stern will cost me hundreds in comparison. Winner: video games!

#3229 3 years ago

10. Star wars. Meh. Barren and a huge letdown.
9. Aerosmith. Ok game, too simple to own.
8. Batman 66. Turd...still steaming and wet. A total disgrace the way it was “sold” and the price they put on it. Will always sour my opinion of Stern.
7. Ghostbusters. Total turdburger.
6. Spider man VE. Excellent, but not quite as good as 2007 version.
5. Whoa Nellie! Boring and pricey. It’s basically a $5000 EM.
4. Game of Thrones. Ok game, but terrible art and confusing rules. Bad mini pf.
3. Kiss. Just a plain old classic turd.
2. Wrestlemania. Turd sandwich.
1. Walking Dead. Fucking masterpiece.

#3364 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Bought my LOTRLE for $5200, sold it for $6300, will never own another one.
CGC interests me MUCH more. The Stern VE pins don't have enough age on them.

TWD VE with comic art? Sounds pretty good!

4 weeks later
#4118 3 years ago

Congo was a turd for over a decade and all of a sudden people started really liking it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
5,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Eugene, OR

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pimp77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside