2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,260 posts
  • 503 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Mnluz
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 392 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CDC61D8B-FD6A-4D64-A69E-01294E9E947B (resized).png
ED493CEB-E58E-4946-97C9-FCCE99E36547 (resized).jpeg
F119E176-AD5E-4740-8FF9-BD0F26A2515A (resized).jpeg
61CCCECE-2607-4D17-96C7-E30F907A1F0D (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
Jam (resized).png
2A4B0C7A-AF2B-44C4-A323-A95C678D5DC6 (resized).jpeg
50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paul_8788.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2635 2 years ago

I was prepared for code to be early stages, but that looked really early. My plan was to get one of the first waves of Premiums and ride out the code rollercoaster, done it before with X-men and I like getting code updates and seeing what has changed. Not sure now though. Will see how/if things progress over the next two or three weeks.

1 week later
#3453 2 years ago

I agree with wasp (thanks for the stream btw). The main problem I had with the callouts were the editing. I honestly couldn't tell the difference on the stream with some of the clips. I would've preferred original actors as well, but obviously there is a problem at a licensing level. I know the general feeling is "stern cheaped out", but then jjp must've cheaped out too with PotC.

My guess is licensing Disney products is a lot more complicated and expensive than most people on here know.

#3625 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

And yet you give them an early sale.
How anyone thinks Stern is going to change if buyers don't hold them accountable is beyond me.

When I see statements like this I always wonder. I mean, if all the complaining on Pinside about Stern over the last two years was removed from the site, there might only be 1/3 of the posts. Yet people complain that Stern hasn't changed yet, which probably means that all the complaining hasn't really impacted their sales. Does this mean all the complaining on Pinside really does mean nothing? Mind blown....

#3632 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

No, it doesn't mean nothing.
But when people bitch and moan about quality and code issues and continue to buy new games with those same issues - that means nothing. It makes things worse because it shows Stern we don't have the balls to back up our words with actions. Why should Stern change if we are still begging to buy games they complain about? Why should they care if we really don't?
And I don't buy that the decision for an operator is fundamentally different. Rewarding bad behavior never works out for anyone.

Exactly! It is obvious that for all the complaining, nothing is really changing. So either the complainers were never buying Stern in the first place, are buying Stern regardless, or those who aren't don't make enough of a difference to matter to Stern.

If someone complains, but then goes ahead and buys the pin anyway, who cares? I personally am not going to buy GoTG right away. Was planning to, but unless a code update comes out in the next couple of weeks that changes things up, I will wait.

However I am not trying to get people to join some crusade, and get "pinball woke", and change the world. If people want to buy, they will buy. Don't see what getting all butthurt about how other people choose to spend their money solves anything.

#3676 2 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Lol, now you are offended that he's offended. While not the nicest way to put it I bet he wasnt trying to insult dyslexic people just like someone else is not going around raping people.

Agreed. That's the problem with trying to impose personal standards on a larger community. Everyone has their own ideas of what is acceptable or not. I have enough of a time trying to impose my personal standards/morals on my kids, people on the internet are on their own.

Context is king, I am sure everyone objectively understands that there was no advocation of rape as a behavior in one statement, and no insult meant to ESL or dyslexic people in the other, but the torches go up regardless. I think that is where the "special snowflake" stuff comes in. The world does not need to always bend to anyone's personal needs, sometimes the offended should relax a bit and let things slide. Just my opinion.

#3681 2 years ago

I like pinball. I like Guardians. Hope the next update includes some editing to the speech/callouts.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pembroke Pines, FL
$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 399.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Great American Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paul_8788.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside