2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,260 posts
  • 503 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Mnluz
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 392 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CDC61D8B-FD6A-4D64-A69E-01294E9E947B (resized).png
ED493CEB-E58E-4946-97C9-FCCE99E36547 (resized).jpeg
F119E176-AD5E-4740-8FF9-BD0F26A2515A (resized).jpeg
61CCCECE-2607-4D17-96C7-E30F907A1F0D (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
Jam (resized).png
2A4B0C7A-AF2B-44C4-A323-A95C678D5DC6 (resized).jpeg
50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider norcalrealtor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#621 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

5200 shipped to your door

Is that a guess, or a quote you were given? I'm hearing a few hundo higher.

#1400 2 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Not sure why everyone keeps insisting that Stern removed spinners for the Pro. This is a Borg game, and he has said on more than one occasion that he designs the Pro first, then adds for the Premium/LE. So the spinners are an "Add" for the Premium/LE.
Gary Stern didn't walk into Borg's office and demand the spinners be pulled off the Pro. Borg has a BOM to work with for each unit, and this is how he chose to spend it.

Baloney. My Aerosmith Pro has a spinner AND metal ramps. How do you explain that?

Gotta love all the Pinsiders with no direct knowledge explaining why the designer did this or that, BOM blah blah.

Maybe I should buy Iron Man back. 3 spinners!

#1529 2 years ago

Called JJ today and ordered a Pro for our location. If it was for me I'd wait and see, but since it's for the location I want it ASAP. Hopefully I don't regret it, but I think the theme is a winner and Borg can't seem to miss lately. Premium prices have gotten out of hand.

#1695 2 years ago

I'm very curious to see if the GOTG I just ordered will outperform SW and GB. Being that theme is the #1 driver of earnings I have my doubts. GOTG is a good theme, but it's not as beloved as SW and GB and too new for anyone to feel nostalgic about it. Even if it turns out to be a much, much better pin I still don't think it will catch them. Hopefully I'm wrong.

#1697 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

norcalrealtor where are you located I'm just in Walnut Creek!

Very close. I'll PM you.

#2096 2 years ago

Was told domestic Pros ship next week.

#2284 2 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

I am not defending Stern here and always had the same feeling about Stern games feeling lighter; however, when I checked my Williams T2 manual it says it weighs 225 pounds and Guardians weighs 250 pounds so hoping it will feel solid when I get a chance to play it. Now, my NGG weighs 300 pounds, so there is definitely some heft there!

Pretty sure all Sterns say 250 lbs. Don't rely on that too much.

#2348 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Batman '66 is all over the place with little consistency in presentation, Star Wars has lots of weird static images just moved across the screen, Aerosmith looks like a free flash game. Guardians has more weird/bad art direction for the presentation, too, from what's been shown. It's an issue of art direction to control the presentation in a consistent way so everything meshes. Stern's art direction is poor for the LCD era games. No comparison with a JJP game, which are ALWAYS consistent in tone and design for the screen presentation.

Ugh. Aren't there other threads for stroking JJP?

#2399 2 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

Or just him doing call-outs on a Talladega Nights pin!
"So when you say psychosomatic, you mean like he could start a fire with his thoughts?"
"Shake 'n bake!"

I think you're on to something. Someone should definitely retheme Nascar to Talladega Nights.

1 week later
#3408 2 years ago

I ordered a Pro for my location after the initial announcement. I figured theme..check, art...check, designer...Borg...check! How bad can it be? I need this for my location!

I'm PIF but I haven't gotten the shipping notification yet. If there's still time should I get out of it?

#3411 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Duh.
With all the other options out there, PAYING for another slap in the face like this is ridiculous. Get a game that has code NOW and circle back to this in a year to see if it looks any better.

I wouldn't even hesitate to cancel if it was for me. I wouldn't have ordered it in the first place without playing it first. But location purchases are a bit different. It might still be a very good earner. On the other hand I don't want to be part of the problem by supporting horse shit launch code and dog shit call outs.

#3430 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

I help with locations locally and I've stopped recommending any new Sterns to the OP. Aerosmith was the last one we got. Passed on Star Wars and passed on this.
There are plenty of better options for locations from companies that don't feel they can get a good license and sell you a box of lights (as Gary stated at Expo). AfMr, Houdini, Dialed In are available now or in the next few weeks and none of those are naked cash grabs like GotG. All of them would also probably do well on location, too.
If you're still buying these boxes of lights Stern is farting out now for home or routes, you're part of the problem, IMO. They need to see sales drop or they will never change.

I think I know where you're coming from on SW. As a collector I was hoping for more as well. But any Op passing on SW is making a mistake. It's the biggest earner our location has ever had. Despite their faults Stern is still making the best earning and most reliable pins. Boycotting their new releases is probably bad for business. So it's a tough call.

#3531 2 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Say what you want about Ghostbusters....but there is a theme fully implemented.
Hundreds of audio clips from the movies, and Ernie Hudson doing custom call-outs.
Stern proves it can be done. Stern should accept no less or walk away.....or we will.

I'm with you. When you've got movies with hundreds of great call outs to pull from you use them. It's friggin common sense. IM, GB and SW got it right. WTH happened with Avengers and Guardians? All the personality I love from the Guardians movies has been stripped away.

The first person to fix the Guardians songs and call outs in Pinball Browser will be a hero.

#3548 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Did you end up canceling your order norcalrealtor or are you staying put?

My distributor agreed to hold it for a moment while I decide. Very cool dude. I'm heading to San Fran to play one today and I'll know what to do after that. Plan B is to buy BM 66 instead.

P.s. Funny thing is even with the early code and Stern shitting the bed on the sound package I still think Guardians will outearn BM 66 on theme alone, but I don't like how they handled this one.

#3593 2 years ago

Update: I just got to play it and I'm staying in! Stern really shit the bed with no call outs from the movie, only 2 songs from the movie, pushing it out with premature code, etc but Borg saved it with one of his best layouts ever. I can't believe I'm saying this, but for me it's a better layout than Met and possibly even better than IM. I was very close to cancelling and I'm very glad I made a point to play it first and decide for myself.

Now, this pin is not for everyone. My tech didn't like it. There are A LOT of shots and they are TIGHT. Guaranteed lots of bricks and short ball times for most players. But better players who prefer tough shots over wide-open shots you can -edited- all day are going to be hooked on this pin. I think if the code comes together and someone replaces the weak ass call outs the Top 10 will be getting a new addition. In the meantime I'll be enjoying what's already good about it and laughing at the worst call out ever.

And screw Stern for bungling the audio so hard and rushing this out the door. They damn near lost my business for that. I will dump it if no one is able to replace the call outs. And I hope the players at my location won't be too butt hurt about the tight shots and short ball times. If they don't like it they can go cry to Momma until they get better. Oh, and if this wasn't for my location I'd wait for Stern to polish it up. They don't deserve a ton of early sales here.

#3630 2 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Uhhh, considering everything that's been going down lately, you couldn't have come up with a better choice of words?

When talking about pinball? No, I'm good.

Quoted from jfh:

And yet you give them an early sale.
How anyone thinks Stern is going to change if buyers don't hold them accountable is beyond me.

Yep. Operator decision. Wouldn't buy one at this stage for myself though and I'm sure Stern is losing lots of sales, especially LE sales.

#3646 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Don't be an asshole and use 'rape' as a term in pinball. It's really horrid. Don't defend it.

I don't kowtow to PC policing, especially when it's misplaced. If your brain somehow equates raping an easy shot on a pinball machine with raping a person that's your problem. And you can't take the high road by name calling. And I've never liked you. You come off as smug.

#3656 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

this gif should help explain

thanks and it is a challenging one to achieve the 2inches of shooter stroke and stay just below the lockdown bar

there will be a built in minimum and maximum stroke so it can't hit the lockdown bar, this side view shot should help show the profile of the design (better renders as well)

That's impressive. Guessing you're an Engineer. Make sure it's low enough to remove the glass.

#3679 2 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

You don't get to limit a word's meaning just because it is a PC thing to do:
rape
/rāp/
noun
the crime, typically committed by a man, of forcing another person to have sexual intercourse with the offender against their will:
"he denied two charges of attempted rape"
synonyms:
sexual assault, sexual abuse, sexual interference, ravishment, defilement
the wanton destruction or spoiling of a place or area:
"the rape of the Russian countryside"
synonyms:
destruction, violation, ravaging, pillaging, plundering, ... more
verb
(especially of a man) force (another person) to have sexual intercourse with the offender against their will:
"the woman was raped at knifepoint"
synonyms:
sexually assault, sexually abuse, violate, force oneself on, date-rape, ... more
spoil or destroy (a place):
"the timber industry is raping the land"
synonyms:
ravage, violate, desecrate, defile, plunder, ... more

This guy gets it. Facts win. Can we get back to discussing Guardians now?

1 week later
#3982 2 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Thank you PinB, so does that mean Rocket doesn’t shoot the ball back at you like War Machine on IM on the pro or it just doesn’t have the figure and instead has plastic piece?
I know it’s subjective but is Prem for $2200 more worth it vs Pro?

Rocket shot fires the ball back on all versions, same as War Machine on IM. Difference is on the Prem/LE the rocket figure itself is on a coil and recoils when the ball fires back.

IMO not worth the extra scratch to go Premium on this one.

#4008 2 years ago
Quoted from kettchxxii:

Mine does, but that's because there is a broken weld above the scoop.

Yep. Mine is also pressed on the glass and I probably need to cut off the offending corner before the sign breaks off. Also witnessing the occasional ball stuck in the scoop due to a software bug. Also having some mechanical malfunctions with the drop target.

1 week later
5 months later
#4258 1 year ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

a question...
I'm thinking of selling my pro x-men to buy a guardians of the pro galaxy.
Do you think it's a good change? regards

Yes. Big upgrade IMO.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider norcalrealtor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside