50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#919 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I'm ok with plastic ramps, especially on a busy playfield like this - there's already enough obstruction. And they're fast and smooth.
But since GB, the plastic they're using on these has become so thin. Anyone worked on the GBLE subway ramp??? It's like 1mm thick. It's like the plastic they use for food packaging.
As a result, they've had to make these plastic ramps on GOTG in 2 pieces - there's an ugly metal join on both ramps. They'll seem less smooth and more "rattly". But with how thin the plastic is they've had no choice.
Remember how long, smooth and fast those TWD ramps are?? Iron Man?? Single piece ramps. Ah, the good old days.....remember Sam?

I'm sure they are unnecessarily thin (compared to TWD for example) but I think they are two piece because there would be no way to snake a one piece ramp in those shapes through the backboard. TWD's ramps barely fit through as one piece... these wouldn't.

#1692 6 years ago

I think one thing that may bug me a bit would be the constant up and down flexing of the ramps with every shot (per Stern's brief video).

It creates a Zizzle-like aura of "cheapness" where it may or may not be warranted.

It's probably not the thinness of the ramp's plastic... may have more to do with the spring steel ramp "connectors" where it comes out of the backboard. Not sure how you would make these more rigid for a home machine. For a location machine I wouldn't care - I'd enjoy it anyways.

I guess we'll see if this even bothers anybody soon. May be a non-issue.

#1806 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

metal ramps can be smooth as well. T3 flows like butter as well. Probably the smoothest metal ramp game i've ever played.

Yeah but I wasn't even talking about "smoothness" anyway. The GOTG ramps sway up and down as the balls roll across them.
Makes it look flimsy and cheap but the problem may be the "joiners" where the ramps are pieced together when they come out from the backboard.
You can see the ramps flopping around in the video. Maybe someone will come up with a way to add some support.

3 weeks later
#3760 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I watched Zachs SDTM stream last night and I have to admit the game from a hardware perspective is pretty sweet. It looks super fun to play and even the code looks adequate for someone of my skill level I rarely get to wizard modes and really explore the depth of code. The only thing that bugs me is the LCD and the Audio everything else looks pretty top notch. I was sitting in my living room with my wife and nothing was on so I watched Twitch on my big TV. I have never done this before but I figured I might as well try it out. My wife was messing around on her iPad and she is not into Pinball. After about 20 minutes she turns to me rather annoyed and says why the hell does he keep playing those two songs over and over. She thought Zach had music on in the back ground with those two songs on repeat. I explained it was the pin and she said I don't ever want that in our house. LOL

Your wife's pretty smart

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 22.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
6,495 (Firm)
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-is-here?tu=manic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.