2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,260 posts
  • 503 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Mnluz
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 392 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CDC61D8B-FD6A-4D64-A69E-01294E9E947B (resized).png
ED493CEB-E58E-4946-97C9-FCCE99E36547 (resized).jpeg
F119E176-AD5E-4740-8FF9-BD0F26A2515A (resized).jpeg
61CCCECE-2607-4D17-96C7-E30F907A1F0D (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
Jam (resized).png
2A4B0C7A-AF2B-44C4-A323-A95C678D5DC6 (resized).jpeg
50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lotr_breath.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#113 2 years ago

PhotoFunia-1509388239 (resized).jpg

#1530 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Mustang is the last game I can think of that used 3rd party licensed songs in a big way. Was it part of the original announcement and matrix?

Looks like it was....

mustang matrix (resized).JPG

#1586 2 years ago

Is it just me, or is GOTG just too similar to GOT? Not the game itself, the acronym. Every time I see GOTG I think Game of Thrones.

#1774 2 years ago

I bet that the modes selection on GOTG is just like AS with the songs. They will move around in a circle on the display with the flipper buttons until you select either with a plunge or a lockdown button press. I would hope they are not identical, but I'm betting that they will be.

#1911 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Spike games will only be disposable throwaway items in years to come.... Don't know, lets swap the $300 part iv'e been sitting on for the past 10 years and hope it doesn't blow that one out too. Power up.......shaiet!!!! well guys...help me throw this in the dumpster.

While I agree that Spike may not be as reliable as Sam or Whitestar, I think this statement is rubbish. Parts will be available. They might be more expensive. I have no facts, but I seriously doubt that a node board bought through a Stern dealer is $300.

#1913 2 years ago

OK, here is fact. Pinball life prices.

node bd (resized).JPG

#1915 2 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

An inexpensive fuse gives the owner the ability to fix/replace something and then turn the game on a see if the fuse blows again. Without the fuse it is hundreds of dollars risked every time a blown out board is swapped out. I don't see how that is rubbish.

He said the games can't be repaired. He said the games would be put in a dumpster. That part is rubbish.

1 week later
#2848 2 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

In all seriousness what is the number of updates provided to Star Wars code since it was released? Just trying to see how quick they did that one and how many.

There have been 10 code updates to SW since initial release on July 7th. Two of those updates were immediate releases to fix other bugs created by the updates. So really only 8. Current code is .93 on Star Wars and it feels pretty complete.

#2875 2 years ago

I know a guy who is straight up trading his NIB GOTG for a S-M Vault with colorDMD and mods. Smart move, since he can always go back and get another GOTG when the game is more fleshed out.

3 weeks later
#3980 1 year ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Thank you PinB, so does that mean Rocket doesn’t shoot the ball back at you like War Machine on IM on the pro or it just doesn’t have the figure and instead has plastic piece?
I know it’s subjective but is Prem for $2200 more worth it vs Pro?

The pro has the Rocket figure and fires the ball back at you. The difference is the Rocket figure doesn't move.

#3989 1 year ago

Yeah, glad they did it. Wish they hadn't done it literally hours before our launch party begins.

#3997 1 year ago

Yeah, still pretty buggy. We had 2 GOTG at our launch party and we updated right before. Probably not a good idea. One of them kept getting balls stuck in the right scoop during MB. The mode would time out, multiple ball searches would occur but the right scoop would not kick. Then boom, it would come flying out of there. Also the mode timer running with a new ball in the shooter lane is really bad. We also had reports that one game was taking more hits on the Groot to light lock than the other game but they were just updated to the same code right before the launch. I personally did not see this one.

#4006 1 year ago

Zentron, the one at BN that has been there for 2 weeks has marks/scratches on the underside of the glass in that area.

2 months later
#4225 1 year ago

It's a disgrace. It's a travesty! It's a gosh darn unabashed apocalyptic nightmare! GOTG doesn't use the real actors voices? This has never happened before! GOTG will never be great, but it can be good. This .87 update is a step in the right direction. Relax people, it's only pinball.

4 months later
#4254 1 year ago

After playing Guardians a bajillion times and never breaking a billion. Yesterday in a competition I put 1.6 billion..... on ball one! Finished with 1.8. The latest code makes this game so much better!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Ballston Spa, NY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lotr_breath.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside