1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 4,260 posts
  • 503 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by Mnluz
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 392 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CDC61D8B-FD6A-4D64-A69E-01294E9E947B (resized).png
ED493CEB-E58E-4946-97C9-FCCE99E36547 (resized).jpeg
F119E176-AD5E-4740-8FF9-BD0F26A2515A (resized).jpeg
61CCCECE-2607-4D17-96C7-E30F907A1F0D (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
Jam (resized).png
2A4B0C7A-AF2B-44C4-A323-A95C678D5DC6 (resized).jpeg
50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kklank.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1000 1 year ago

Does anybody know who is doing the code for this machine?

#1799 1 year ago

I'm not a fan of AS. Artwork was great. Code is ok. Kinda boring. In terms of music pins this would be on the bottom of my list.

#1804 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

To each their own but AS is a ton of fun I think. Pretty much everyone else thinks so too that’s played it.

It's fun but after a while I couldn't keep it around. It was a cookie cutter effort but it was a lot better after getting bent over by stern previously at the time with bm66le.
Really concerned about code. I hope its killer. I really do. Everyone's saying it's like Metallica which Is okay with me because I never liked the heavy metal music.
I've lost so much confidence in Stern. Alien blows away AS, BM66, Kiss when it first came out, by a country mile.
But I'll buy one more for the hell of it. Stern needs to get their shit together though.
I don't want another cool looking box with lights for a year taking up real estate in my house until a "code update" comes out again.

1 week later
#2213 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Canceled SW for the prospect of GOTG. Bought a POTCCE, no regrets, all in.
This pin has to beat out AFMRLE to hit my house!
I love my ASLE, but if the code is the same as that and the layout is basically MET, which obviously works then I'm trying not to get sucked in at this point.
AFMRLE or this one? Known greatness versus potential greatness. Hate to say this but if it were Lyman/Borg it would be on the way home.

I'm not buying anything new in box if Lyman is working on it. Why? So I can have a box with lights in my house for a year?
Not a chance.

#2230 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

LOL
At least you get a box that F ing kicks ass down the road!
Versus something that may or may not ever be great.
I'll take the Lyman box all day every day thank you.

Lol.
Yeah how's Batman treating you. It's been over a year and it's just now in beta code. Still no sub villains.
I'm not drinking the kool aid with Lyman anymore. Sell it any way you want. I'll wait for the secondary market on his stuff.
Not saying I won't buy his machines, just saying I won't buy NIB. What's the point? ......none.

#2232 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The last Batman 66 update was supposedly extremely good from what I hear. There's no excuse for how the game released but from what I hear it's shaping up to be a very good game after this last update.

Uhhhhhh......not. I played the last code update. Still a long way to go.

#2244 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

We all want games to be Lyman masterpieces, but the reality is that takes 2+ years. As someone who works in an industry with tight deadlines & watch people burnout trying to accomplish too much within an unrealistic timeframe, I know what it's like to pick your battles. On that level I respect that Lonnie has made a template so he can get a game done under Stern's short schedule. IMO that template will work better with a story based game - but we'll see.

You nailed it right on the head Rarehero. I'm in for an LE with Guardians but I'm going to play a pro first and if the code is shit I'm canceling my LE asap.
Stern can find another sucker at that point. Having Batman in my house for a year with ZERO code was bulls***. Fool me once-shame on you, Fool me twice-shame on me. Is that how it goes?? LOL!

1 week later
#3003 1 year ago

I've been playing Alien and GOTG pro. Alien makes GOTG look like a little kids toy and simply blows it out of the water. I hope new code comes really quick. Love the theme.

#3082 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Is it any better than a good golf game on a console or a computer though? I know it’s very popular and I’m wondering why? I’ve seen people play it but never really paid any attention to it before. What’s the big attraction to it?

To answer your last question: you get to choose from a bunch of different courses so it's never the same. When you have a shot to play, you choose whichever club you want, you decide how much you want to curve the ball in either direction, you can put backspin or not on your shot and you can hit a shot with any degree of strength you want. This is all done with a few buttons and the ball. If you go to a bar you can actually play live on line tournaments where you win real money.
It's very easy to get hooked on this game.

#3115 1 year ago
Quoted from libtech:

I bet there will be a code drop in a week or two adding a bunch of stuff and callouts etc. making it very playable. Full featured code of course will take a while..
Its obvious they just released it early to cash in on the holiday rush.

That's what I said when I bought Batman. Lol. Don't be so sure. I hope it happens though.

#3230 1 year ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

10. Star wars. Meh. Barren and a huge letdown.
9. Aerosmith. Ok game, too simple to own.
8. Batman 66. Turd...still steaming and wet. A total disgrace the way it was “sold” and the price they put on it. Will always sour my opinion of Stern.
7. Ghostbusters. Total turdburger.
6. Spider man VE. Excellent, but not quite as good as 2007 version.
5. Whoa Nellie! Boring and pricey. It’s basically a $5000 EM.
4. Game of Thrones. Ok game, but terrible art and confusing rules. Bad mini pf.
3. Kiss. Just a plain old classic turd.
2. Wrestlemania. Turd sandwich.
1. Walking Dead. Fucking masterpiece.

Don't beat around the bush. Tell us how you really feel. Lol.

#3231 1 year ago

10. Star Wars: decent code for a release. Multiplier is tough but a lot of modes. Still haven't formed a strategy yet but that's what I like about it. Keeps me coming back.
9. Aerosmith: simple rules. Fun but lost interest quick. Sold it.
8. Batman: thanks for the bone job on the code Gary. Total scam.
7. Ghostbusters LE: still own it. Don't understand the anger from everyone on this game, it's a tough game, right ramp is brutal. But I love tough games. Awesome multiball. Cool subway. I'm keeping it all day long.
6. Spider Man VE: fun game. Don't like VEs. But still a great Classic Richie. Sold it. Played the hell out of the first one.
5. Whoa Nellie: yawn. Never owned.
4. Game Of Thrones: most under rated game of the group. Rule set is spectacular. If you're too much of a lazy ass to learn the rules, well it's not my problem. Great game. Watched Lyman beat my ass and rolled it on the first ball. Still own it.
3. Kiss: sold it. Code sucked. Code was recently updated and it's actually a fun player now. Still needs the cities coded imo before I buy it again.
2. Wrestle mania: no. Absolutely not. Poor game. Worst of the lot. Hot mess.
1. TWD: wow. Amazing rule set. You really have to be focused to score well and get to final wizard mode. Top notch.
Alien: this game is sooooooo good. Best game in my collection. Whoops. Sorry. Not Stern.

Gotg pro. I really think this will be a fun game when code and call outs are completed. Get some call outs though at least. Reminds me of Batman again with the code and call outs. Unacceptable but if you're willing to wait for code, it will eventually be fun.

#3718 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I have 3 daughters, raised with great morals and values.
They would each laugh at an attempt to make this an issue in the "pinball context" which has ZERO meaning to them because they could care less about pinball and actually have "common sense".
Secondly, I employ 5 females, awesome co-workers, the best, each of whom wouldn't even waste a second of the day to comment on something as ridiculous as this. It's actually pathetic and offensive.
Thank god i live in the real world with real people. Carry on.

Oh thank goodness. Iceman said we carry on now! Phew. Lol.

#3723 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

F O
Then again, this whole thread is OT

F O? That means Fuc$ Of$ where I'm from.
Is that what you just said?

#3726 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That means "Finally Over", but then again, the crew keeps it going.

Gotcha.

#3727 1 year ago

Cleland is working doing the sound replacement for GOTG just like TWD. Sweet baby Ray!

2 weeks later
#4038 1 year ago

Get

Quoted from jarch:Update from Stern:
We heard you loud and clear! Our customers are loving the new Guardians of the Galaxy Pinball Machine, but we have heard that more original soundtrack music would be appreciated! We have been working very hard behind the scenes to get you more music!
In the upcoming GOTG code update, you will find "I want you back" by the Jackson 5 1969 and "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell 1967!
This will be the first time the King of Pop or Marvin Gaye have ever been in a full production pinball machine in any form!
Expect this update very soon, and Happy Holidays from all of us here at Stern Pinball! #GOTG #SternPinball #Jackson5 #MarvinGaye

Hey Stern,

Change your model. Start releasing NIB machines with a FAIR amount of code. You're lucky companies like JJP and Heighway aren't pumping machines faster because the code on their machines makes yours look like crap.
Seriously, Alien blows your stuff away.
You're listening? Really?

Am I wrong or is the last release of a nib Stern machine with good code was Game of Thrones?

#4056 1 year ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

wow, dude. calm down.
Most of the time I just skip over the "stern code sucks", "stern is cheap", "I refuse to be a tester", "stern is a cookie cutter factory" posts but this one was entertaining.
People get way to serious about this stuff, just don't buy it or drain the thread if it emotes this type of response. Probably isn't healthy for you.

Hilarious. I'm just making a comment. And yes my comments we're probably over the top but I really don't take this stuff that seriously. You gotta admit code has been poor for nib releases most of the time. (I get it, if you don't like it, don't buy it).
I own a GOTG pro and buy all Sterns. I'm not a hater of Stern, in fact it's just the opposite, I just want to see them step up their game for nib machines in terms of code. I still have SW but sold Batman for example.

I also own a GOT and i don;t remember the code being that much more advanced than SW. I mean it "had" the "video mode" installed earlier than SW but that just caused everyone to go apeshit

Okay I stand corrected. SW nib code is about the same as got which is great! GOTG's layout is a lot of fun, can't wait for more updates.

#4057 1 year ago
Quoted from PW79:

With music there’s no pleasing everyone but I agree their song choices are... something else.
I’m glad to see they’re working on improving the game but deep down it almost feels like the new songs are a diversion &/or quick pittance for insufficient code or audio/video integration.
I keep taking the game on/off my wish list so I hope there’s something in the works!

This is why I made the harsh comments! It's exactly what it felt like to me PW79, a diversion.
But I'm with you, I really hope something is in the works too. I sold my pro and I'm getting an LE. With killer code updates and Cleland doing the callouts, I really think this game will be a blast!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Aloha, OR
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kklank.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside