50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jdpilot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1795 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Without a doubt we will have movie clips. AS was very first generation as far as new LCD integration by Stern. It will be more along the lines of Star Wars. Cut scenes and movie quotes will put this game over the top. Great theme Stern just needs to utilize it in this game.

I believe BM66 was the first. And that had live action tv clips. I like the animation in AS. It goes along with the ‘60s/‘70s artwork...kinda original Scooby Doo vibe.

For GOTG, I really wish the laser cut rails were for the LE. There’s just currently not enough extras on this one to warrant the $1200 price difference for the LE. ST LE has them...SW LE has them. Stern definitely isn’t going in the right direction with this decision

#1797 6 years ago

They have those...they’re called virtual pins

#1826 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Star Wars was much easier - those movies were made 30+ years ago, back when the studio owned everything.
GotG, being a modern Disney movie with modern likeness use contracts and every separate thing needing to be licensed individually, I'm betting there is a lot less video clips and speech in this game.

They are both Disney. Lucasfilm was purchased Disney in 2012. Disney is a HUGE pain to work with. I have two separate friends that own companies that have to deal with Disney for licensing , and both had said dealing with the Mouse is so much worse than LFL ever was. Doesn’t matter that SW is 40 now. It’s Disney. They don’t make things easy for ANY of their properties, which is a little surprising considering how long they’ve been around. But doesn’t mean the people in charge of those areas have been I guess.

I can’t speak for STERN in this matter. My point though is just because SW is 40 and GOTG is 3 (cinematically), wouldn’t make a difference.

#1836 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Part of the reason Disney properties are so timeless and valuable is because they are very cautious and controlling of their brands. It's not fun for people to work with them, that's for sure, but it is more valuable to Disney to protect their value over the long term than what they can get by loosening the reigns for short term gains.
Licensing is super weird in the digital age too. There are so many more levels of likeness, distribution, and usage rights. I would hate having to work with licenses on a regular basis.

Timeless is one thing, and you can keep a strong brand, but trust me, with the stuff they pull (stuff completely unrelated to quality of items produced), they are one of the worst to deal with...which is truly a shame.

But anyway..back to GOTG!! YAY for the pop songs included!!! Now...to get the laser rails added to the LE!!

#2015 6 years ago

I still think they really missed out by not having metal ramps on the premium/LE powder coated Groot brown color. Would hold up better than the plastic and look like his vines.

1 week later
#2783 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I thought the narrator in SW is supposed to be Ackbar? isn’t the guy doing the voice work/narration on the pin the guy who does the voice work for Ackbar in Clone Wars?

Nope, not the same voice actor and no, he’s not trying to be Ackbar. He’s just suppose to be a unknown rebel commander/general.

1 week later
#3265 6 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

Looks like .72 just released!

26C4F0CD-B54C-4B6F-BF5A-0BEDAED375FB (resized).jpeg26C4F0CD-B54C-4B6F-BF5A-0BEDAED375FB (resized).jpeg

#3339 6 years ago

What has happened to games like Earthshaker...White Water...Funhouse...etc, etc...you know ORIGINAL ideas. No licenses needed, just good old pinball. Everyone is strictly movies or bands or tv shows or some sort of intellectual property. I know there’s DI, but there are so few and far between... a shame really. What sounds like what can be a fun game is overshadowed by bad licensing decisions. From a business standpoint, less money for licensing equals more money in the pocket.

#3569 6 years ago

Sounds like it depends. If Stern incorporated the bad dialogue in with the video, it’s hosed. If it’s a separate track (pleaseohpleaseohpleaseohplease) then the sound could be replaced.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 210.00
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Corning, NY
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jdpilot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-is-here?tu=jdpilot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.