1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 4,260 posts
  • 503 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by Mnluz
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 392 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CDC61D8B-FD6A-4D64-A69E-01294E9E947B (resized).png
ED493CEB-E58E-4946-97C9-FCCE99E36547 (resized).jpeg
F119E176-AD5E-4740-8FF9-BD0F26A2515A (resized).jpeg
61CCCECE-2607-4D17-96C7-E30F907A1F0D (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
Jam (resized).png
2A4B0C7A-AF2B-44C4-A323-A95C678D5DC6 (resized).jpeg
50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j_m_.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#581 1 year ago

it will be interesting to see the hi-rez photos to see the game in a lot more detail. kind of disappointed to see cheap, plastic ramps on the premium and LE, both machines should have had metal & wireforms

#760 1 year ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

All the more as Groot does not have hands.

wait, what?
groot (resized).jpg

#761 1 year ago

also, this is just lazy (and tacky looking). really? 6 visible screws?!?
GotG signpost (resized).jpg

#816 1 year ago
Quoted from jar155:

But Groot's eyes don't light up in the movies...

but that's the first rule of modding. make something with light up eyes

btw, I fixed your avatar for you

#1728 1 year ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I have several Stern decks and few tables from Spooky, Gottlieb and Williams.

I'm going to start using the term "plank". pinball plank sort of rolls off the tongue pretty easily

1 week later
#2153 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I love the crazy mish-mash of scale in that picture. Tie figher as big as a destroyer as big as the death star. Good stuff.

if stern would have done it to scale, that spring holding up the tie fighter would have been the only thing that you saw.

thank being said, the whole death star "egg" is just a travesty and they would have been better off to incorporate it as projected video onto the cabinet's backboard so that the whole "blowing up of the death star" could have been something special instead of what it turned out to be

#2155 1 year ago

and getting back to epthegeek's comment about the scale issues from star wars. GotG is no better

using that image from the previous page, rocket is small enough to fit inside the orb that the infinity stone was contained in and groot is as huge as a skyscraper. way to go stern!
IMG_9532 (resized).jpg

#2184 1 year ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Let's not complain about songs being added. 4 or more is a good thing. Spirit In the Sky up next!

sorry ted, had to give you a thumbs down you for 'spirit in the sky'. I've heard that song way too many times in my lifetime to have it pop up and suffer through it another lifetime's worth on a pinball machine

#2325 1 year ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

I worked a full day, fed my kids and put them to bed all by myself before painting these shooters. I have no shame in the crocks with socks!

quit working on new stuff and let's get those damn BSD torches worked out!!!!

#2379 1 year ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Well at least we know why it wasn't at expo. It wasn't ready yet.

and maybe stern learned from last year when they had batman 66, which was on display but not playable

#2419 1 year ago

not wanting to be a "debbie downer" (I do like the playfield layout so far), but is it just me, or does the topper scream unimaginative and cash grab? (especially if stern attempts to charge $350-400 for it
GotG topper (resized).jpg

it looks like starlord's eyes will do the obligatory [light up]

#2492 1 year ago

here's a hi-rez grab of the playfield from deadflip's stream tonight
2017-11-20 19_41_03-Dead_Flip - Twitch (resized).jpg

#2679 1 year ago
Quoted from T-800:

Ps. Ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-cherry bomb. Augh.

yep, right there with "Ooga-chaka Ooga-Ooga. Ooga-chaka Ooga-Ooga"

you would have thought that stern learned their lesson with the mustang pro's only having 4 licensed tracks that repeated ad nauseam ( vs the 8 of the premiums and LEs). nope, instead they doubled down to make you sick of hearing the licensed music twice as fast
it kind of makes you wish that there was no licensed music

great job jack with the stream. nice to see that the game plays nice and fast and smooth (john did another great job with the layout). personally, I was waiting for the rest of you guys to pull up folding chairs when zack started crushing it

#2685 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I think Stern's problem with the LCDs is they really aren't using them very well. The displays just aren't that well designed. The stuff JJP does with the display is gorgeous. Stern's attempts so far are ... not. I'm no graphic designer, so I can't really speak to what they should do different -- just as an end user, what they've done so far is ... meh. If they were amazing, I think you'd have less of a 'I miss the DMD' feeling.

Quoted from T-800:

That's interesting - I agree and disagree at the same time if that's possible?? I agree JJP's displays look fantastic and they seem to be really well integrated but for the life of me I have a hard time really seeing the content that I want to see. STERN's displays seem very generic so far and I agree definitely lack the "wow" factor in presentation, however I fully believe the important information and content right now on STERN's displays is much easier to read at a quick glance. Not sure if you can have a happy medium between the two because they seem a little bit mutually exclusive. I guess time will tell as both JJP and STERN advance their understanding of their own displays and leverage feedback from players/customers.

I get where both are you are coming from. JJP's LCDs are amazingly well done and integrated into the game's theme but there's so much going on that it's just information overload. stern on the other hand, it seems hasn't mastered the balance of what can be conveyed and their results end up looking bare bones comparatively (sort of like trying to draw a work of art and JJP using photoshop & illustrator and stern is using microsoft paint)

the strangest part is that on a game like aerosmith where you've got all of that real estate to work with, they chose to use that really hard-to-read stylized font and on top, made it really tiny for the scores

#2756 1 year ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I’m surprised he didn’t maintain the box in pristine condition. We all know it will be for sale later tonight.

hehe. the funny part is that I'm the one to blame for goading the person (who will go unnamed) to post that empty box on craigslist. trust me, we all got a laugh out of that

4 weeks later
#4072 1 year ago

there was a launch party tourney last night @ m-brew in ferndale, mi

unfortunately, the game broke down and was unrepairable (the coil to launch the balls in groot's mouth and start multi-ball appears to have fried) so the tourney was postponed and will need to be rescheduled

it's kind of sad that the machines are experiencing catastrophic failures this quickly. has anyone else experienced an issue like this?

#4086 1 year ago

I like how that by adding more than a single song (2 songs), they make it look like they are adding a ton w/ their bold "NEW SONGS!" inset and little mix tape cassette graphic

(a 4 song mix tape is really more of a sampler for someone that you like as a friend, not someone you really care about

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Great American Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j_m_.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside