50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hoakypoaky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

What's wrong, jgentry? Sorry, but Groot was a much better character in the first movie....hopefully this game ignores GOTG 2

With modes called Antiquities Shop & Pod Chase, and Ronan on the playfield, I'd bet that it's just based on the first movie. That's an adult Groot head, not Baby Groot too. They made a point not to show the Groot head's mouth, so I'm guessing he probably eats balls like Rudy. Hard to tell how big the head is tho, might be smaller sized like MET snake. I think I'd prefer that.

#76 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That’s because it’s a MET retheme. It is Borgs favorite game after all.

Does look pretty similar to MET layout, but with Adams Family central playfield magnets. The Groot head might go where sparky is? Bash it then shoot into mouth, with subway to the scoop?

#700 6 years ago

I won't repeat what others keep saying, but I think the general consensus is that GOTG looks like a fun game to play. And since it has so many striking similarities to MET & IM, of course it's going to be fun. Throw in some Addams Family magnets, and this will be a blast to play. This game will forever be compared with MET.

You know it's going to shoot well, but the key will be how the code rules & LCD are integrated with the gameplay. Wish Borg had teamed with Lyman again on this one.

It looks like they put the money into toys & features on this one, instead of music licensing. I'm fine with that, bc that's what pinbrowser is for. And with so many great songs from the movies, you can make your own mixtape.

Since I own IM & MET though, there's no way I'd own GOTG. Layouts just too similar. But looking forward to dropping some coin on location.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#703 6 years ago

From feature matrix: "All new EZ Slide cabinet brackets for smooth and easy playfield access"

Anyone know what this looks like or how it functions?

#1154 6 years ago

Too bad GOTG is only based on the first movie, because a "Do not press this button" mode could have been perfectly integrated for lockdown bar button.

The lockdown bar button changes colors. So Rocket could come on the LCD, giving you instructions on hitting a sequence on the button when it's the right color, in a certain amount of time, while the ball is in play. Maybe shoot the alternating lit ramps to increase your jackpot award. Button colors are always changing. Hitting the wrong color might turn on the playfield magnets & screw with the ball.

"Hit the blue, green, yellow buttons. But DO NOT press the RED button, or we're all dead!" Of course Rocket is yelling at you the whole time during the mode. Keep hitting ramps & hitting the button when it's the right color. Complete sequence & get the jackpot. Hit the red button & you're screwed. Mode over.

See how a little creative coding can turn a simple button into great integrated feature, instead of just button mashing???

Come on Stern, think outside the box. Make it happen

groot (resized).jpggroot (resized).jpg
lockdown (resized).jpglockdown (resized).jpg

#1461 6 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Maybe I should buy Iron Man back. 3 spinners!

Great idea! But I'm not selling

3 weeks later
#3635 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I keep reading about comparisons with Metallica but don't see them besides a similar layout.

Obviously that's the comparison. Very similar layouts, with IM War Machine kickback thrown in. As a MET & IM owner, for that fact alone, I'd never own GOTG.

But man that GOTG code is a joke tho. The worst integration of video clips & sound on any LCD game to date. I can't believe the clips/sounds just loop regardless of ball interaction & what's happening on the playfield. I don't know how you could do any worse. They may fix it a year from now, but at that point, who gives a shit. Damage is already done & people will be onto the next big thing. What a waste of a great license.

Anyone who buys this to put in their home before the code is complete is insane. So many better choices/value out there. Don't settle for less.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 210.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vernon Hills, IL
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 28.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hoakypoaky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-is-here?tu=hoakypoaky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.