3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,260 posts
  • 503 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Mnluz
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 392 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CDC61D8B-FD6A-4D64-A69E-01294E9E947B (resized).png
ED493CEB-E58E-4946-97C9-FCCE99E36547 (resized).jpeg
F119E176-AD5E-4740-8FF9-BD0F26A2515A (resized).jpeg
61CCCECE-2607-4D17-96C7-E30F907A1F0D (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
Jam (resized).png
2A4B0C7A-AF2B-44C4-A323-A95C678D5DC6 (resized).jpeg
50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazoff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1438 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I'd take a Hobbit over TWD all day long....

#1594 3 years ago

Why not just have all the models with full RGB inserts, how much extra could that cost? I'm not stupid I know why it just sucks.

#1631 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m outraged that the Pro doesn’t have everything that the premium has.

Not everything but full RGB in the inserts, SW has the same GI lighting throughout all models so its not crazy.

#1632 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Oh yeah, been there and done that trust me lol. Yes Sireee, I know EXACTLY what you are saying!

JJP aswell, Spooky will garner heavy attacks from all sides, Why? because the games look like they were made in a garage for a school project?

#1635 3 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

To each there own. I have certainly enjoyed AMH and RZ. Both are really fun with really solid coding. TNA is built like a tank and there are rumors to be lots of upgrades coming for AC. Even if you don't like their games they at least seem to be really good people that take feedback and keep trying to improve.

I was just making a point, like you said to each is own, if they make something I like I will buy it.

#1643 3 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I cant decide if I want to be a troll or fanboy.

Troll is way more fun, this site would be really boring as a fanboy.

#1646 3 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I could be a Troll Fanboy tho

Yes, sounds like fun.

#1661 3 years ago

can't wait to see some game play video.

#1766 3 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Got a SW on order to give it some time but it might be too complex style too.

Its not, during frantic gameplay its quite thrilling trying to line up the multipliers for big points, if you get it up to 40x during lets Boba Fett of Light Saber duel it pays off and is highly rewarding.

#1777 3 years ago
Quoted from Whitenoise3000:

Meanwhile inside Stern headquarters:
Brainstorming session:
Jody “We’ve just had our doors blown off by the features JJPOTC and AFMRLE. How do we respond?”
Stern “Hey, I have an idea: Unfinished code, cheap construction, no shaker motor, no real backglass, old WWE trim (no laser cut on LE obviously), and make the power cord an extra!"
Group: "Brilliiant. But can we raise prices too?"
Stern: "Duh! You saw those idiots buy Batman 66 right!?"

Meanwhile in Whitenoise 3000 ville he is still trying to remove his head from his own ass.
Whitenoise "I was just checking for hemmies when all of sudden my head got stuck"
me "so it does fit"
Whitenoise "yeah and it feels pretty good"
me "I bet"
Whitenoise "stern sucks"
me "so does ur ass apparently"

#1827 3 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I am happy that you believe that.

So u are the authority on this, did this get decided at one of the elite executive pinsider meetings where it was deemed fact that GB cut trim is crap, SW is garbage and I'm not taken seriously? Thank god for you sir, thank sweet baby jesus for u and ur way. Ur not going to get away this stuff while I'm around, and I'm like a weed Jerry.

#1843 3 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Full RGB inserts are great. I wish all games had them as standard. They can do so much to help indicate what to do.

I agree with you 100%, it should be standard now for all pins regardless of model to have full RGB lighting inserts and GI.

#1845 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Is this the first Stern game with both full color changing led inserts and tri color GI? Usually it's one or the other.

Unless GOT Pre/LE had RGB GI then yeah.

#2070 3 years ago

I loved the 1st film, 2nd wasn't bad either and while the music was great in the movie none of it really lends itself to pinball for me anyway, all I would like is Cherry Bomb for lets say the final wizard mode in saving that planet, but all the rest aren't that exciting, not saying there aren't great tunes but this shouldn't matter that much, if the gameplay is great then who cares? It won't take long for someone to make a version of code with browser that delivers all the songs integrated into the pin, lets just hope theres a dance off mode.

#2347 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Batman '66 is all over the place with little consistency in presentation, Star Wars has lots of weird static images just moved across the screen, Aerosmith looks like a free flash game. Guardians has more weird/bad art direction for the presentation, too, from what's been shown. It's an issue of art direction to control the presentation in a consistent way so everything meshes. Stern's art direction is poor for the LCD era games. No comparison with a JJP game, which are ALWAYS consistent in tone and design for the screen presentation.

R u for real? honestly this comment is just complete bullshit. No comparison

#2364 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

I'm not talking about whether you like the content or not, I'm talking strictly about the presentation and art direction. And yes, that's for real.

Neither was I, its still bullshit but to each his own. SW which is the game I have the most time on has very impressive animations and clips, WOZ and DI do nothing for me, TH is impressive with regards to whats happening on the screen and POTC well considering there aren't any clips from the films with the actors at least head on or whatever the justification is where is this large divide in presentation and art direction? just asking.

#2458 3 years ago
Quoted from Hi-Fi:

I'm watching the twitch feed and that "ooka chaka, ooka chaka" intro to that song already makes me want to take a sledge hammer to this thing.

Yeah I'm more of a flame thrower type of fella but either way. The gameplay looks great, I'm assuming there will be dialog from the film itself as well as custom call outs? I'm really liking the score minus Oga chuka, thats painful.

#2803 3 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Fortunately, I don’t care for their LE’s so I can afford to wait a year for a NIB Stern and will certainly do that given what they’ve been delivering at launch the past couple of years. I agree with you but until it hits them in the bank account they have no motivation to change their ways. I couldn’t imagine buying this game right now the way it is. All my games are Sterns at the moment but I think it’s time for me to test the waters over at JJP for a while. I’ll come back to Stern once they get their shit together.

or you could go with a SW pro, code is all but finished and the game is amazing.

#2827 3 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

I just can't figure out why Stern had to fuck up the best theme in SW.

They didn't, its great

#2859 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If a good & fun game actually comes out of that factory, it's a fluke at this point.

Come on.

#2884 3 years ago

Well I guess that old saying rings true, 2 dickheads are better than 1. Thank #2

#2887 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Aerosmith was the last one that shipped with 1.00 or greater. BM'66, Star Wars, GotG all shipped with much less than 1.00, and Batman'66 shipped as little more than a box of lights. ALL the Sterns that shipped with less than 1.00 at launch happened in the last 12 months. Before that it was pretty much unheard of in modern Stern history.

SW was great right out of the box and is quite complete a few months later. GOTG could all of sudden get a major update by the end of the month and everyone bitching will look like fools but that's the norm on this site especially with regards to Stern, wait a year if you want a complete game but if someone wants to buy now then good for them, the only stupid thing is to buy a NIB Stern and expect final code, doesn't happen.

#2921 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

your on drugs, SW is a big fat miss just like most of the other tittles. I hate that some amazing titles are getting wasted. I just added a spidey vault and Metallica so I know they have it in them but Greg is right it is far and few between and the quality of the machines have dropped significantly.

I can't argue with the drugs part but SW is a great game, let us just agree to disagree regarding which games are good and which are bad (The Hobbit) and while I enjoy SM the vault edition artwork and callouts are just terrible but if you like it then fine (maybe u need some drugs) as for quality I've never really had any issues with Stern's quality so I can't comment, as long as my pins work well no offense to anyone but I don't care. I just bought a new build TWD Pre and its been great, no trouble with my SW either, or METpre, STLE, TSPP, GOTpro, Tron, SM,AV,TF,XMENLE etc. in fact I notice very little in difference from when I started buying pins in 2008 till now. Could that be because of drugs, I certainly hope so.

#2926 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I actually just did and can.

Well of course you can but its still completely ridiculous.

#2931 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

only to someone on drugs

#2944 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm not spending $5500 on "potential".
I spent $60 for Super Mario Odyssey - a full and complete GAME that I've put 60
hours of time into...and we're giving Stern $5500-$8500 for POTENTIAL!?!? Unreal.

That's great but you don't have to, why do you guys make it out like someone is forcing you to buy this game? Super Mario good comparison

#3075 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Maybe I'll pick up a PS4 this weekend. They're less than $200 everywhere this weekend. Just put that into perspective. You could buy a Switch, Xbox One, PS4, and like 100 games between them for LESS than a pinball machine. It's not unreasonably to expect a finished quality game from Stern. Eventually the sycophants will run dry.

I play FPS on my PC right now Fallout 4 and Doom, I have a Xbox one, PS4, just sold my Wii U but a switch is inevitable in the near future so I agree with ya, I wish Stern could release with final code or very near as they did with SW, hopefully it takes a few months and not a year plus to finish the game but time will tell.

#3089 3 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Anyone reading this has been warned as the game is really unplayable as is.

Can I assume you are an operator and that this gaming isn't earning very well due to code? otherwise why the hell did u buy it right away.

#3092 3 years ago
Quoted from fishmanrob:

So many people want the new shiny toy. If people keep jumping in day 1(take my money now) on unfinished pins nothing will ever change from stern.

Yeah but AS and SW shipped with good solid code on day 1 and didn't take that long to finish up, I wish they could be consistent but I also don't mind waiting for code to mature.

#3096 3 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Sw did NOT ship with good solid code day 1

I think it did, I enjoyed it right from the start then the addition of Light Saber mode and some bug fixes she was greatness, imo anyway.

#3191 3 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

every time I play those games I have to ask ppl what am I shooting for now.

its not rocket science, just take one game and focus on the rules not to mention that before each mode it states exactly what your supposed to do, I think when a person goes in already bias then its pointless anyway. I'm not saying you because I don't know you but this is a common practice among many a pinsider.

"Stern plans to have custom callouts from licensor-approved voice actors" r they going to be any actual sound bites from the movie itself? I'll still play this game but I don't see owning it without the actual one liners, Stern humor will not cut the mustard for me.

#3212 3 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Star Wars - Pro is bad, Premium/LE is worse.

SW Pro is an amazing game.

#3215 3 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

If you want a "beer drinker", you need to play Rob Zombie!

Yeah but then you have to listen to Rob Zombie.

#3220 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That's why you have to be F ed up when you play it!

I'd have to be F ed up and be wearing some serious industrial grade hearing protection earmuffs

hs60 (resized).jpg

#3255 3 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Full price for an unfinished product. Pretty terrible, yet everyone salivates at the thought of owning the newest toy.

or is it that they just don't care and its not a problem for them to wait for code to mature? I would be upset only if Stern said this title is releasing with full code or certain aspects of code then once I got it home I was lied to, I guess that happened with BM66 and those people have a justified beef. I'm not understanding this, if you bought it now then you knew what u were getting and if ur waiting then who cares? if its a case that Stern might change their ways and that hasn't happened because people keep buying the pins without demanding better code well all I can say is its only pinball, its a game a toy and not a big deal, you don't have to buy anything.

#3279 3 years ago

Yep I knew it, Stern custom call outs have ruined this game for me. I'll play it on site but without the real dialog from the film I'm out.

#3298 3 years ago

I don't think they should have even made this pin without the actors voices from the film, I hope all who don't care enjoy their game but what a shame, a damn shame.

#3300 3 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Another reason to just wait for Elvira. No issues there, she's fully participating.

Yeah but after 25 games of SS her voice started to go through my head like a nail, and the same jokes over and over was torture.

#3472 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

TNA has ZERO call outs!!! And costs more! Grab your pitchforks! I'm going streaking in the quad! Who's with me!!!

Don't bring that game up ur gonna get crucified, for some reason its like the second coming on this site. JJP no call outs except for some guy I've never heard of and its cool, TNA an EM layout with Polish disco soundtrack for more than a Stern pro and yet thats ok but SW is barren. ur only allowed to shit on Stern, come on.

#3481 3 years ago

Wasp I hope ur happy with urself, now we have an entire site of old dorks saying Bobbly boo. take it back please.

#3519 3 years ago
Quoted from jarch:

TWD is a great pin w/o actor call outs - the campy non-official call outs grow on you over time.

when I had my TWDLE I couldn't stand the hillbilly, turned him down to where he was inaudible but I just got a Pre back in the house and for some reason it isn't bothering me, did they tone it down in the code or something? I never saw final code with my LE, not saying I love it or even like it but something has changed and it can't be me.

#3815 3 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Shitty Smashmouth song

You say that like there are actually non shitty Smashmouth songs.

#3816 3 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I like both songs, but they should probably be specific to a mode or special state in the game so that they don't repeat so often and aren't always so cut short.

I agree and I would say attract mode or match screen, the orchestral score sounds great and there's really no need for the for anything else.JMO

#3842 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Makes him say it twice as much.

that's terrible.

#3883 3 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Well. Besides Pulp Fiction his efforts haven't exactly been Citizen Kane grade.

Hes smart, he kinda stole a whole bunch of styles from euro films to kung fu and film noir then put them all together with a little bit of overkill to shock people and it worked. Pulp Fiction as a pinball machine to me sounds ridiculous but then again my top pick for a pin title is Robocop based on 1 and 2, need the Nuke, need it. I also hold Robocop in the same regard as Lawrence of Arabia and Dr. Z, 3 of my favorite films. GOTG plays really nice I hope Stern doesn't kill it with terrible voice work but I have a feeling once code matures someone will make a version with movie dialog and many added songs, hopefully a Slayer version like TWD.

#3899 3 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

As for the update, there was definitely improvement, but the bad voice work is still that, and until that changes(which isn't likely), this pin will never reach it's full potential. A real shame, as it does shoot well, and there looks like real potential for a good ruleset.
I will say this though, even in it's current state, I'll take it hands down over the SW Prem that it was sitting next too, that's a game I don't think anything can save!

Hopefully the talented pinside coders will fix GOTG with real voice clips from the films and well placed use of the music, and by that I mean not during modes or multi's. SW is a great pin I hope you eventually discover that or its just not for you and never will be, I have that with Tron.

#3916 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

My impression is he's also a big fan of the Star Wars theme and so felt extra-disappointed that Stern didn't make a game he could love (or even tolerate).

This is the 90% of it for Jar in my opinion and I can respect that, its like WOZ and DI both play great but I just can't get past the theme which includes music. toys all that so some people can't enoy a game no matter how well it plays simply due to outside factors like the BOM or "build quality" theme and while I agree gameplay has to be there for a lot of us its not enough. Jar this is just my take I'm not trying to speak for ya so take it easy.

#3918 3 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Game shoots fine but hot damn the theme integration and code is a mess. I did play a bunch of BM66 after which gave me hope. That games fun as hell now, I kind of want one.

I agree with regards to BM66 but a day of quality time on a game like SW isn't enough to grasp the level of code invovled, I've had the game for 5 months now almost and its been in the last 2 of those 5 its really come togther where I know all the ins and outs, I've become a multiplier master which adds so much, if you don't know then yeah its would appear to be a bit of a mess, its not.

#3933 3 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

All SW has is the right scoop.

The ball is stopped enough to break up flow, but just the right amount and while its not a dedicated shot the left ramp has a post the inner loop has a post and the gates to send the ball into the pops but the last thing I ever think while playing SW is "too much flow" also I find the right ramp to be much more of a challenge to hit than the left so while you can get a nice succesion of shots going it rarely feels over done. I don't know thats my take on it. I love the game, Planet Multi into Tie multi into hyper multi into Boba Fett then a Light saber duel is an experience every pinhead needs to have, relentless action with SW as the theme.

#3941 3 years ago

I would rather have the hillbilly than the current call outs, yeah thats right.

david puddy (resized).jpg

#3951 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It doesn't really look like him

Yes it does, I knew right away that was H Ford.

Quoted from Darscot:

ou can't even please Star Wars nerds by going full nerd.

and thats why this game isn't as popular as it should be, but once the geeks get over it and put some real time into the gameplay with all the clips and audio and fantastic modes it will become a classic, at least thats what I think.

#3968 3 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Also, spinners. Long live the spinner.

I wish the Pro had a spinner as should every pin. I would have loved 2 spinners on either side of the inner loop like Swords of Fury.

c4ae1a164a360f3ccf859555eb2b544ca42955ee (resized).jpg

#4031 3 years ago

I think alot of people passed due to the fact theres no voice clips from the film, I know I did.

#4040 3 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Change your model. Start releasing NIB machines with a FAIR amount of code. You're lucky companies like JJP and Heighway aren't pumping machines faster because the code on their machines makes yours look like crap.
Seriously, Alien blows your stuff away.
You're listening? Really?

No one knows how the code for those other companies would be if they released 3 pins a year rather than 1 or even less, just saying. If Stern can have final code with in a year of release I can live with that if it means I have variety and theres always the option to wait till code is done.

1 week later
#4133 3 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I remember when a Congo at $1600 was on the high end.

I started collecting in 2010 and my Shadow was 1800, TOM 3500, JM 1800, Congo 1800, DM 1500 right now in Canada thats a Stern Pre.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazoff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside