2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,260 posts
  • 503 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Mnluz
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 392 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CDC61D8B-FD6A-4D64-A69E-01294E9E947B (resized).png
ED493CEB-E58E-4946-97C9-FCCE99E36547 (resized).jpeg
F119E176-AD5E-4740-8FF9-BD0F26A2515A (resized).jpeg
61CCCECE-2607-4D17-96C7-E30F907A1F0D (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
Jam (resized).png
2A4B0C7A-AF2B-44C4-A323-A95C678D5DC6 (resized).jpeg
50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider guinnesstime.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 2 years ago

Analysis time...
talk-amongst-yourselves (resized).jpg

Screen Shot 2017-10-30 at 11.26.56 AM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2017-10-30 at 11.27.24 AM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2017-10-30 at 11.27.04 AM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2017-10-30 at 11.27.40 AM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2017-10-30 at 11.27.53 AM (resized).png

#122 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I freaking love inline drops.

Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Get thyself a Fathom. Goodness guaranteed. No speculation.

Or Transformers The Pin.

#196 2 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I have space/money.
My wife & daughter like GOTG.
Id buy one but then I ask myself... How long will code take?
3 years?
5 years?
Then I get sad

Me too.

fb (resized).jpg

#304 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Load damn you!!!

Haha the funny thing is they just have the image link incorrect.

gamepageGOTG (resized).png

#706 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Code will be done early on this one if Lonnie is doing it. He is sharp about getting complete out of the box code done. Now whether it’ll be unique or not is to be determined.
But, looks like this will be a Metallica layout with Aerosmith rules. Scoop shot shows mode select (AS songs - Center insert matrix), mystery (typical), extra ball (typical), and upgrade (my guess AS CIU). Each mode will probably award a super mode for shot inserts like Aerosmith.
Groot will be like Toys in attic multiball risk/reward.
Other multiballs unknown?
Probably 2 wizard modes like AS.
All in all this is a hybrid MET meets AS which, besides it being cookie cutter, are all GOOD things. Game will be fun, can’t wait to play and hear sound package.

Lonnie > Dwight.

As long as I don't have to hear "OK, Who Brought The Groot?" every time I start mode 1, I'm good.

#1021 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Dust off your Walkman and do it just like Pratt in the movie! Problem solved and ultimate theme integration.

Topper.

#1112 2 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

I'm really looking forward to playing this pin.

Frankly, I can't stand Metallica rules and find the chopping wood as bad as on my TFLE, but I love the layout and the feel of that game.

yeah I had MET for 3 years but finally had enough. It is similar to TF except faster with flow, so it feels better, but MET bash, bash, bash, bash rules wore me down.

#1222 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Man, Taser-face really got screwed, I don't see him on there at all!

I want the outlane drain sound to just be 'TAYYYYYY-ZEEEEEEER-FACEEEEE!'

1 week later
#2174 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

As long as we can switch songs out later, it's fine, but that's a song I'd rather never hear

I love Dialed In, but anything is better that that background music, so I'm good.

#2182 2 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Did you know the main song in Dialed In has lyrics?

Definitely did not.

#2314 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You can’t be serious? This game is kick ass and is going to be a HUGE seller for Stern. A lot of people are saying that this game is better than JJP’s new POTC game. That is saying something there considering all the hype that game got and how beautiful it is. Everyone was hammering the last nail in Sterns coffin and look what they just did, they crushed it! People counted them out a little too early looks like! I guess you can’t please everybody but most pinheads are pretty excited about GOTG.

I love the theme, but the vids looked kinda boring to me. Were they amateurish? Yeah, but at the same time, it seemed pretty uninspired.

Then again, the glare from the glass made it tough to see at times, so at least with an LE the invisiglass will help with th....oh, wait.

#2451 2 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Will have my Guardians tomorrow between 3 and 5 EST according to the freight co. Stream to follow immediately!

Will you sell it to me on Friday? I'm off work.

#2569 2 years ago

Wish there was more commentary, but I haven't gone thru archived feed yet.

At least there are plenty of movie clips.

Interesting. There is a fake dot matrix skill shot animation (Dot Faketrix?)

Screen Shot 2017-11-21 at 4.56.01 AM (resized).png

#3059 2 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Sounds awesome
Buuuuuut I will believe it when I see it... and based on historical data I might not see it for a long time.
Rocket = Bradley Cooper. Did Stern hire Bradley Cooper or one of the X-Men voice actors?

"Hey jackasses, Ronan is destroying that MRD facility!"

#3146 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I do not get why they thought it was okay and why the lie during the dead flip stream? They said they had special software with callous removed, but when you go into the menu on non special software, no call outs exists.
I'm happy someone else agrees that the code is bad as is.

Thoughts...

The USB port is both a blessing and curse to pinball. Great for updating code when making fixes, but it enables Stern to ship anything initially with bare bones code...or worse. They take advantage of that, putting a lot of pressure on programmers to get shit done.

Now put this rapid code push with the infamous Spike / Spike 2 system. It has been nasty. Look at the Star Wars .91/.92 (whatever it was) code. It blew node boards. Why? No fuses. Code did this? I mean, seriously, holy crap. What a shit show. Now the programmers are scrambling and they have to be aware that their code can destroy $300 boards. Imagine programming with this looming over you?

What do you do? Do you "dumb down" games, stripping out mechanisms, reducing the chance for this to happen? Do you redesign to add fuses? Do you just "let it ride"?

Whatever it is, it seems to hamper proper code development.

I want to buy GOTG now, but have no faith.

#3180 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Since past games are being discussed.
GB Premium is one of Stern best modern games in my opinion. Multiple unique and interactive toys, multiple molded items, great hand drawn artwork, deep rules, excellent audio / callout offering and one of the best world under glass feelings in pinball. GB Premium represents what modern pinball should be at these crazy prices. Every Stern since GB looks empty next to it...
As far as GB's layout I think it's awesome. Thank goodness it's not another left ramp right ramp fan layout. The dual scoop shots, tough PKE ramp shot, excellent tight left orbit shot and, dual captive ball shots, and the main ramp that drops under the playfield is one of the coolest shots in pinball. I wish more Stern games offered half as much shot variety as GB.

This would be spot on if I didn't disagree with 90% of it.

GB has toys, art and shot variety.

All else fails.

Airballs, Scoleri targets, POS multi balls where everything is active, super duper flipper gap, flipper angle, repeating linear gameplay, stupid skill shot / bonus, chafing slimer mech, mode start mess.

#3296 2 years ago

beer (resized).jpg

#3431 2 years ago

This is just Stern's M.O.

The license draws in the the public for location play. Callouts are just additional noise. No one cares on location.

Private collectors? They'll buy anyway. Create an LE, and even more will buy.

On location, the eye candy earns. Art and license. Simple as that.

#3444 2 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Said Stern communication Director

He probably did, but that's not me.

I hate this. Some pins like Shrek had voice actors but easy call outs to mimic/create.

GOTG is insulting. I don't even like the not having the score/clips for JJP Pirates, but at least there are Gibbs callouts (really there should be more for $9-10K).

#3480 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

One dude is doing all the voices (and probably his girlfriend doing the two women's voices), and he's not an actor.

It’s Jody and his girlfriend Jody.

#3767 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Yet even more pinstadium 'advertising'? Ugh!
Is there a date for an LE dead flip stream yet?
Rob

It's wearing on me. I hope they're paying Robin & Co some coin to spam the forum.

#3787 2 years ago

Someone said there's a VE next. Tron? LOTR? What else would they VE?

#3832 2 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Lotr is done....

Hmm. This can be taken two ways. Done as in "a done deal" or "done and not happening"?

#3857 2 years ago

There's just a HUGE difference in using voice actors for a single callout vs. recreation of an entire movie scene. It really exposes mediocre soundalikes.

#3868 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmicjim:

The reason probably isn't the cost of audio, it's the need of unique call outs. Having two different voices to do call outs and do movie clips would be worse than just doing full voice-overs. Just a guess.

I'm going to not go out on a limb and say this: It's ALWAYS money. Always.

#3952 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Looks more like Jeff Bridges.

jeff (resized).jpg

#3971 2 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

SW is one of those "glue some shit on the PF" games.
This time Stern did it tho instead of Pinside.
FFS they stuck 2 christmas ornaments on the game & called it done.

Really Metallica is more like a Christmas Tree.

Star Wars is a Festivus pole.

star (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Sale Pending!
Boston, MA
5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider guinnesstime.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside