2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,260 posts
  • 503 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Mnluz
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 392 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CDC61D8B-FD6A-4D64-A69E-01294E9E947B (resized).png
ED493CEB-E58E-4946-97C9-FCCE99E36547 (resized).jpeg
F119E176-AD5E-4740-8FF9-BD0F26A2515A (resized).jpeg
61CCCECE-2607-4D17-96C7-E30F907A1F0D (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
Jam (resized).png
2A4B0C7A-AF2B-44C4-A323-A95C678D5DC6 (resized).jpeg
50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 2 years ago

All Groot downvotes and butthurt goes here. Sorry ya'll are in love with a one-dimensional moron character.

#14 2 years ago

What's wrong, jgentry? Sorry, but Groot was a much better character in the first movie....hopefully this game ignores GOTG 2, because Baby Groot was nothing more than a moronic butt of all the jokes. At ANY rate, Groot was easily the worst part of both movies. Would rather see physical Drax, Gamora, Starlord figures than a giant stupid tree head.

Magnets is great. Been way too long since Stern has used magnets without cores or plates over them.... here's hoping.

*Edit* Hell, I'd even take Yondu over Groot.

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Nothings wrong, just down voting people that are already bitching that haven't seen anything but a few blurry pics of part of an unpopulated playfield.

Well, I guess turnabout is fair play then. I said on the other thread BEFORE pictures were posted that the one thing I didn't want to see was a big Groot head, and there it is...so whatever.

#48 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

With modes called Antiquities Shop & Pod Chase, and Ronan on the playfield, I'd bet that it's just based on the first movie. That's an adult Groot head, not Baby Groot too. They made a point not to show the Groot head's mouth, so I'm guessing he probably eats balls like Rudy

Yeah...I don't really care about the *function*...as long as it's not just another bash toy with a magnet in front of it, anyways. Groot was a throw-away character inserted for comedic effect. The only time he actually did something important, he 'died'. I don't personally care to see Baby Groot *anywhere*, so here's hoping that GOTG2 isn't in there, because I'm sure if it is, clips of it will be all over the bloody place. Whatever...Stern's gonna do what will make them money, so they're obviously tapping into the fact that most people did like the character....probably because they can relate with being dumber than a sack of hammers and one-dimensional. I just don't get at all why Marvel decided to treat the character that way.

Quoted from jgentry:

Can't tell much yet but I do think the Rocket and Groot sculpts look very detailed. Looking forward to the full reveal in a few days. I think this game has a chance to do really well for stern.

Stop being a baby. You call me out for down voting you then you have to make sure that you get one back. Make sure to follow everyone else that's going to down vote your post around down voting them too. Wouldn't want them to feel left out.

QQ. I gave you a fair shot to have a reasonable explanation...you didn't, and I don't agree with it, so eat a thumb.

#64 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

But GOTG 2 was a way better movie than the first. And the music was better.
Must admit was hoping for lots of baby Groot quotes - 'I am Groot'

I mean...I thought it was AWESOME that they pulled in Ego as a character, even if the whole "he's your dad" thing was kind of silly. Character development was much better in the second movie, for sure....except Scoot.

#118 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

If this thing has a Danesi Lock I will ELLLL. OHHHH. ELLLL.

Well, you know the saying.....but personally if someone had ripped off that idea from me, I'm not sure I'd be flattered. It's a shame that it wasn't patented. (AFAIK)

#135 2 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

American pinball or JJP

Nobody knows what the quality of AP is based on three or four sample games they've been carting around to shows.

#825 2 years ago

Eat it, haters. I called it. Big old ugly ass groot head... And hands....ugh. Sucks. The art is amazing. Gold trim looks terrible though.

#1579 2 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

but do you think it can honestly top metallica

With no magnet in front of Groot to make shooting him in the face (okay, there's something rather hilarious about there being no repercussions about shooting Groot in the face. I mean...that's the only reason he's in the movies...to be a scapegoat. Might as well have it be the same in the pin, apparently..) dangerous (see Sparky/Jacky/IJ4 Ark), I hope the scoring on Groot MB is EXTREMELY low and it's just the "participation prize" for less skilled players. Otherwise, you thought early Met code and bashing the chair for multiball was bad? Ain't seen nothing yet if hitting Groot doesn't fire the mid-playfield magnets in some way to make things unpredictable.

#1706 2 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I really didn't have a choice as my wife is really excited about this theme and wanted

the LE because it is the only model that has baby Groot on the cabinet

#1713 2 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Are you married? If I could get away with that I would.

I'm married to quiddity ...and if she ever asks me to spend a few grand extra on a game just because of one tiny art difference....um.....it wouldn't be pretty. Thankfully, she wouldn't do that. 10 years and going strong.

#1751 2 years ago

I'm still trying to fathom that ramp decals and now a premium feature. Like....that's just an absurd level of cheapskate.

#1810 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I thought about buying that KISS armor until I read the orange stars are just stickers!!!

Say what? lol.. and that rail is *hideous*.

#1978 2 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

loved all the xmen films

Well........that pretty much says it all doesn't it? GOTG was never, ever intended to be a serious 'superhero' movie. These guys are like the cosmic outcasts. Even in the comics, Drax is dumb as a rock...also for reference.. The green chick...that's Gamora.

m4f2IaX (resized).jpg

#2049 2 years ago

The amount of willful ignorance on this thread is incredible.

The issue isn't SMT. It's not lack of documentation. If Stern doesn't provide the -code- for an ASIC/PIC or whatever is proprietary hardware on these boards...let's just say the "firmware"... then reverse engineering potentially becomes a huge BITCH. Will replacement *boards* be available? Of course. It's not hard to copy a PCB design and 99% of the components...BUT....just like some audio processors and ASICs that were used in older solid state games, those parts are going to have to be salvaged off damaged boards and attached to new boards. When you buy a Rottendog WPC board, it doesn't come with an ASIC. You have to salvage that from your old board, or buy one someone's pulled from an original board.

Nobody is going to de-lid a pinball specific chip, hook up a SEM, and reverse engineer this crap from metal to code. There's not enough money in it. The reason we can still find plenty of Williams ASICs is because they weren't game specific, and produced at 15 times what Stern produces games at. They were used for an entire generation of games. Without knowing if the programmed chips on Spike/Spike2 are identical or different from game to game... the question of if these parts will be available in 10-20 years for us to be able to fix our games is very questionable. The less variance between node boards, the better for all of us.

#2060 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

please don’t play ooga chaka at the start of the game. Please.

+IT'S OVER 9 MILLION

#2077 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

They are ALL important! Leaving the music out of this game would be like eating a Pizza without the sauce.

When I delivered pizza for Domino's back in my early 20's, we had a customer that would consistently order pizza without the sauce. We kept telling them it would burn around the edges, they were totally fine with it. Every time they ordered the place would smell like burned bread the rest of the day. Ugh.

#2103 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

No tip ever from him, no way.

I still remember the exact house and the guy's last name "Winkler" that screwed me over probably a hundred times in my first stint delivering pizzas in Plano TX. Mid 50's fat white guy, truly a pathetic specimen of humanity. You could tell the guy was a total slob and gave no f--ks about anything or anyone. Never said a word to me in all those deliveries, typically answered the door in what I would call pajama pants and an undershirt.....in the middle of the day, in the middle of the week. Delivery drivers have long memories. Customers would do well to remember that

Quoted from Azmodeus:

it was cool that you guys still made pizza the way they wanted it. Applause.

I don't think it's a big deal at all. Money is money, and they paid theirs, and got what they wanted. We also had customers that would order a dough ball, have us stretch it out and put it on a screen they had bought from the store. They presumably (?) took it home, put their own stuff on it, and put it in their oven. Or maybe they just really liked eating dough. LOL. I don't know that stores these days would do that... not in the lawsuit-happy world we exist in now.

#2394 1 year ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

for my 50th birthday

Quoted from tbanthony:

wife will prefer GOTG

#2398 1 year ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

He’s considerate of his wife. That’s funny?

In light of buying yourself something, yes, I find it slightly amusing to prefer choice A over Choice B JUST because your spouse wants one or the other. I wouldn't buy my wife a black shirt of the same style she requested just because I like black... I know she wants pink. Or something. I don't think it's absurd to not compromise on what you want for something like a birthday present. If she's buying it...then she can make the decision for what game, he's not going to complain either way. If he's buying it for himself, he's free to take that into consideration, because it's a big expensive game, but yeah...I think it's hilarious. The only reason I still own a Metallica is because quiddity likes it. I got tired of it 2 years ago. But it's HER machine. I'm not going to take it away and replace it with a BSD just because I'd rather have a BSD.

Give and take on both sides is the best approach. Sometimes you let your spouse get something or do something they really want, even if you can't really afford it or if you think it's a stupid purchase or decision, because it makes them happy, and you just stand back and shut up.

#2407 1 year ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

I've been married 20 years and she's the love of my life and my best friend. It's more fun to play pinball with her than without her so my advice is that the best gifts given and received are ones you can enjoy together.

Yeah...see...that's why I was okay getting Metallica in the first place. Thought we would play it a lot together?

It just simply doesn't happen. She's only interested when I'm halfass playing. If I'm stomping her into the ground every game because I'm actually trying, then we just don't play for months on end. Married 10 years, makes no difference. I've just accepted at this point that she humored me for a few years on pinball, but never really gave a damn. All good. I don't care if she likes Overwatch or not, and she doesn't really care that I don't like Grey's Anatomy or any of the other myriad of time-wasting-brain-decaying shows she enjoys.

Have tried and tried to involve her and the kids in my pinball crap, it's a futile effort.

#2409 1 year ago

Been there, done that. Oh well..it'll be a moot point soon anyways. Metallica is leaving, as has the rest of my collection. The only thing that's staying for sure is Crescendo.

4 weeks later
#4007 1 year ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

one game was taking more hits on the Groot to light lock than the other game

We only had one at the local launch party for Dallas yesterday, and I did see one instance of this occuring during one game.

Also: Already a cracked plastic over the orb area (jeezus..really?), and MULTIPLE times it happened to me where Groot was open to lock a ball, shot the ball in that was supposed to start multiball, and whatever wacky sensors or code that control it failed to register.. it would ball search 3 or 4 times, all with my mode running down that I was trying to stack with multiball, then it would either just start multiball with no fanfare at all, or kick a new ball into the shooter lane as the code had assumed the ball was missing.

#4011 1 year ago

Groot all day is just as bad as Sparky all Day was. The difference is, without Lyman on the code, the question is will it EVER be fixed? Scoring is way the hell out of whack on this game.

When your choices are making mode shots for 300k-3 million, risky shots to Orb drop target and the randomness of the magnet catch on release for 500k jackpots, versus "safe" shots to Groot (Which you can stack with a mode also...) for 1.5 million a pop going up to like 8 million, that's EASILY multiplied by locking 2 balls into Groot for 3x scoring (oyyyy) for 24 or 48 million (3x super from groot is 24, then Double scoring from Mystery or Rocket is 48.)...why in god's name would you do anything else.

The finals for us, next to last round...man...I finished BALL ONE with 178 million. That was a mode stacked with Groot, followed by a second Groot. That's it. Our final scores were like 380 million, 350 million, 280 million, and like 75 million or something. I ended up taking 2nd place overall, so no good points, no trophy, and no translite for the 1st loser..whee...

#4033 1 year ago

I hope t some point they give us the Metallica style option to pick which songs we hear, as when you can set the option for Creeping Death or Ride the Lightning for Sparky.

I really LIKE Cherry Bomb as pinball music, I can tolerate the new announcements, but I'd still vastly, vastly prefer Cherry Bomb.

Jackson 5 should only play after a ball save.

#4090 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

changed game over music to "I Want You Back"

LMFAO....close enough to what I said... priceless.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside