50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frankmac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1448 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Not sure what everyone is talking about. Im in on a GOTG LE.
Art Blades look awesome. Backglass is awesome. Art package especially the translite is better. Shaker is a plus. The gold I guess we will see what it looks like in person. Worst case it's a trip to the Powder Shop for me. This game looks awesome. Not letting a specific color bum me out.

I also like the LE . Not a big fan of the gold armor . Also not a big fan of the wallpaper blades I would rather see Mirror blades! Other than that it's all good !

#1944 6 years ago

Will LE release before Christmas?

#1999 6 years ago

This looks amazing.. I was thinking NEO-CHROME.
Like in these pics..

neo.jpgneo.jpg

images (1).jpgimages (1).jpg

images.jpgimages.jpg

#2086 6 years ago

What machine will dead flip be using?

#2089 6 years ago

Hopefully the LE!

#2093 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Thinks its a premium this time up first.

That would be great!

#2095 6 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Guessing we'll see some on Tuesday (11/14) - GOTG will be in the Stern booth at IAAPA in Orlando, Florida starting 11/14. The official Dead Flip stream will be next Monday, 11/20. Can't wait to see this thing in action!

Great news! Thanks.
Very exciting!

#2143 6 years ago

Someone should turn the speaker grills into the walkman..

#2268 6 years ago

I can see the LE's selling out pretty fast on this one .

Shaping up to be a great game !

#2315 6 years ago

Does the orb open on the Pre/LE?

#2340 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No, but that's what they tell me. Each game is different.
To put a game together its seems obvious and straightforward it takes one year on average.
"However, before that time starts you have to do the design of the framework, the rules, the data types, and do all of the work on the lower level routines (think coining, hardware drivers, video drivers, support new hardware, new node firmware, upgrade routines etc). All of that support work must be done by the team(s) also; most likely while the game is being designed."

Echo SilverballNut

#2494 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

It's here and the code is horrible on release. Makes x-men release code look good.

Are there call outs?

#2503 6 years ago

Thanks, how do you feel about it so far.

#2580 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I think its unplayable as is. Played three games and I have no desire to turn it on. It should not have been released like this.
I almost said no to buying, but gave in when I could get one do soon. The people hyping it got me excited. I'm so not happy about that decision as the code is like BM66 and X-men at release. Its probably the worst code shipped on a game ever. It is that bad.

Wow! Sorry man. Hopefully it CODES fast for you!

#2583 6 years ago

I wonder how Dead Flip felt about playing a pin with no code vs the time he spent with total nuclear annihilation ?

#2768 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Thanks everyone for the comments and showing up for the stream. It was a hell of a lot of fun, and Stephen and I stream most nights, and we're both idiot terrible pinheads, so feel free to come by anytime and talk to us! <3

Great stream waspinat0r it was fantastic.

#3061 6 years ago

I would think the LE will ship with updated code in a few weeks..

#3067 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

When do domestic LEs go on the line?

I was told it should ship before Christmas

#3270 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

I'm downloading now.. it just says -initial release as the patch notes so expect nothing new, imo. But we'll see. 3.1g. Want me to stream it?

Please do!

#3291 6 years ago

Thanks for the stream!!

"A bobaly bo bo a bobaly bo..."

#3310 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Where's Jack Donger!?!?!? He said he heard the voices and they were hilarious....
We appreciate the streams, Jack...but don't lie to us for the sake of being on Stern's good side.

Oh boy. It is getting warm in the room!

#3753 6 years ago

LE's should start shipping soon!!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3871 6 years ago

I played guardians of the galaxy today for the first time . I have to say it was new out-of-the-box code but I had a blast . I put about 25 games on it. Great time.

Also played Pirates of the Caribbean .

Good day!

#3908 6 years ago

Gotg pro over SW pro.

We will see how the LE's looks.

#3962 6 years ago

Does anyone know when LEs will start to ship?

#3974 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Uggg pushed until Friday now.............................................

I spoke to my distributor and they had no firm date for me... I hope Stern puts it best foot forward on the Premiums and LE..

#4027 6 years ago
Quoted from jarch:

Update from Stern:
We heard you loud and clear! Our customers are loving the new Guardians of the Galaxy Pinball Machine, but we have heard that more original soundtrack music would be appreciated! We have been working very hard behind the scenes to get you more music!
In the upcoming GOTG code update, you will find "I want you back" by the Jackson 5 1969 and "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell 1967!
This will be the first time the King of Pop or Marvin Gaye have ever been in a full production pinball machine in any form!
Expect this update very soon, and Happy Holidays from all of us here at Stern Pinball! #GOTG #SternPinball #Jackson5 #MarvinGaye

Great news!!!

IMG_0982.JPGIMG_0982.JPG

#4060 6 years ago

I feel in due time GOTG will progress as Batman 66 and Star Wars did ..

Actually I think Stern is going to move swiftly to make this game great .

Stern needs to put their best foot forward on GOTG and I believe they are aware of what the customer base is looking for .

We will see how it progresses over the next month or two ..

My 2 cents.

#4082 6 years ago

Keep it going Stern!!!

#4089 6 years ago

LE #15 is here!

Countdown till Christmas morning to open!

IMG_0991.JPGIMG_0991.JPG

#4097 6 years ago

The LE back glass is fantastic..

IMG_1137.JPGIMG_1137.JPG

#4101 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

The art on the game is great. Unfortunately, that was the only thing I thought was great and I prefer to play the game rather than just stare at it. I have taken the game off of my Wish List. I think the initial ranking of the game outside the Top 100 seems very appropriate to me. I'll try the game again when it gets to 1.0 code and hope that they somehow pull a rabbit out of the hat. As we all know, opinions vary and I hope those that order the game enjoy it.

I just stare at them. So it works for me!

#4107 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Got to play an LE on location today. Seems the Pro has a lot of advantages... Not really sure why they put spinners in there if they are almost completely covered by the groot arms. Also baffles me that they wouldn't have moved the arms back just the slightest bit so as not to obscure the inserts identifying which shots were lit and which ones were not. If you think the left outlane is hard to see as is, just try and see if the left orbit insert is on or off. didn't notice any difference in magnet effect either in a few dozen plays with many orb shots and mb's.

My LE only uses one magnet with the .81 code. What is up with that?

#4112 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Apparently, they haven't programmed the extra two magnets to do anything yet. You'd think they would have them doing something given it's one of two functional differences (along with spinners). While the Pro's little ball loop action caused by the magnet is 'cute' and does send the ball in different directions, it isn't very exciting. I prefer magnets that really give the ball some quick movement. The current magnet action causes a small loop and kind of lobs the ball off in some direction.

Hopefully the magnets are a big part of the next code upgrade..

#4136 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

I bricked a ton of shots on GOTG due to how tight the shots are and just started shooting for Groot. I'm sure I could "play better" but for casual players I'm not sure it can be effectively addressed with code. We'll see.

Once you start to gel with the shots the game is fantastic. The code needs to be refined for sure. I would like to see a few more songs also.

1 month later
#4195 6 years ago
Quoted from Bul:

The only thing that is missing is the save Xandar final mode and bugs to be fixed.
Not my favorite game but it plays good.

Glad you are content with it! Wish that was the only thing missing on my GOTG!!

#4196 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

One thing you can do to hear the songs longer and to make the gameplay a bit more interesting is to change the setting that turns off the modes auto starting on launch and requires you to shoot the right shot to start modes.
Someone suggested that to me and it made the experience much better along with the songs playing longer due to the fact that it takes more time since you need to make the shot to start the mode. Try that and see what you think. I have not switched back since.

I will give that a try. Thanks.

#4198 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

I think it will be more enjoyable for you based upon your comments. I was feeling the same way and now it’s much better. Plus it felt like it spotted you a freebie as if you didn’t have to do anything to start a mode.
I think that it makes it easy and more enjoyable for the game on route with the factory default setting that way. However for a collector it’s feels like something is missing when you are just in constant modes all the time with no incentive or goal to do anything to have to start them. See what you think and post back up your thoughts as it may help others too. I’m curious as to what you think.

Will do! Later tonight thanks!

#4201 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

I think it will be more enjoyable for you based upon your comments. I was feeling the same way and now it’s much better. Plus it felt like it spotted you a freebie as if you didn’t have to do anything to start a mode.
I think that it makes it easy and more enjoyable for the game on route with the factory default setting that way. However for a collector it’s feels like something is missing when you are just in constant modes all the time with no incentive or goal to do anything to have to start them. See what you think and post back up your thoughts as it may help others too. I’m curious as to what you think.

Turned off the modes on start and that is a better way to start for sure. But as soon as you hit that shot it’s back to much of the same. Hopefully the code fills in a the missing holes in this game.

I did leave the mode start on off.

Thanks for the heads up.

#4203 6 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

being at .85 already doesn't brew much confidence, . Could see this game being unpopular for tournament players and competitive multi-playing games. Mainly because your forced to shoot groot, which limits the strategies compared to other games of the modern age.
I had a lot of fun with single player games, trying to reach the wizards.
it doing good on location, at least for me anyway. Doesn't need to be a great game, as long as it has a recognizable theme attached.

It is a great pin in many ways lighting,art package, layout... I for one do not even mind the video clips and the voices attached to them. Although not perfect .

I find the Groot multi-ball fun and entertaining. I also really like ORB multi ball and its use of the 3 magnets on the LE. Wild action in Orb Multi.

The pin just has this disengaged feeling during the modes. The scoring in modes is out of wack. Also the lack of a call outs for your shots and progress in the modes make you feel separated and not so rewarding. At least for me..

The good news is everything that bugs me about the game can be fixed in programming and that is good news.

I hope the next update pulls me into the game.

#4208 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

I'm glad there was another code update and they haven't given up on this game. I don't think this game has sold that well so far -- I can't find one close to me and and there are a lot fewer GOTG owners on Pinside than Star Wars, for example. The game is ranked at #146 in the Top 100 list which I personally feel it deserved but I am hopeful that the game will be a lot better by 1.0. I'm hoping for at least one more code update before the Allentown show so I can give this game a 2nd try with code that is closer to the final product.

I can assure you that GOTG is not a #146 game.. It should be somewhere in the #40 and up with the .87 code. I rank it around #30..

#4210 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Say what?! Top 30 of all the pinball machines ever created? I actually think it's lucky to be a top 200 game, given how new releases usually have inflated rankings. That code is an outright mess. Yeah, there's room for improvement, but they painted the game into a corner pretty early with some odd decisions.

Quoted from jar155:

Say what?! Top 30 of all the pinball machines ever created? I actually think it's lucky to be a top 200 game, given how new releases usually have inflated rankings. That code is an outright mess. Yeah, there's room for improvement, but they painted the game into a corner pretty early with some odd decisions.

It’s on it way. By the time 1.0 is released it will climb its way into a nice spot.

#4213 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

I’m sure it will move up as code improves. Not going to debate the spot, but the initial code was crap and it deserved to start way down the list. I’m looking forward to playing it again as it continues to improve.

I 100% agree I gave this pin to my kids for Christmas and the Code was trash!! I do feel that this game is way better now than the #146 it is at... I could care less about the top 100 list means nothing to me. Hopefully the code keeps going as I am kind of stuck with this one for the long run..

#4215 6 years ago

Thank you! Wish I could help! Anything I can do let me know? Thanks again! cleland

3 weeks later
#4230 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Actually in the new code you really need to shoot the orb if you want big points.

ORB is a fun shot!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,495 (Firm)
$ 22.50
$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frankmac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-is-here?tu=frankmac and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.