50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider epthegeek.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#162 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

We want shakers
We want real backglass
We want anti glare glass
We want powder coated rails.

Who is this 'we' you're talking about? I don't really care about any of those things.

#183 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

What a tough ass group.
All I am saying is Stern used to add value to their LE’s with actual upgrades.
If you want to pay thousands more for new artwork and signatures I’m not stopping you.

Ah! I didn't follow the thread back to the 'these should be LE items' - that makes a bit more sense.

To me, all of that stuff should be add ons (powder coat, fancy glass, fancy backglass, shaker, topper) so that the price can be kept down.

It'd be nice if the 'premium' was the same gameplay wise as the 'LE' (if they still insist on doing a stripped down pro, too) but left all those extra bits as optional add ons and the LE had all the dressings as a package price. Bring the price of the 'premium' down a bit and more easily justify the cost difference of the LE.

#448 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Iron Man. Same plastic ramps.

Not exactly_ the same, form wise, but the same entrance/exits for sure.

#469 6 years ago

From the screenshots of the video, the arrow inserts are color changing -- and there's no groot arms, so that must be a pro? Possibly "more" RGB on the LE, but it seems like at least shot indicators are RGB on the pro too.

#471 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

My big complain is this game really looks like Metallica.

It looks like a Borg layout. In general, Borg games are a fun time. I'm not sad.

#473 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Where a ball locks behind a drop target. You know, like in Star Trek... oops.

The Danesi lock is specifically the stacked multiple drops/balls, not a single.

#517 6 years ago

Sounds like the only thing I'd really miss on the pro are the spinners; because spinners are fun at all times.

#1235 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I hope Rocket soundalike interprets the I am Groot inflections like in the movie. THat would be cool.

"I am Groot" "Yeah buddy, I'm pretty sure they know they should shoot the left ramp right now"
"I am Groot" "Shoot the scoop? Are you serious?"

#1313 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

every collector I know with a Pro has gone throught the considerable expense and difficulty of installing spinners on their game

I didn't. But I would in a hot second if they were supported by the code.

#1475 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

You heard it here from SDTM, Guardians of the Galaxy will feature two classic songs from the film!!!!!! See what happens when the pinball community gives constructive feedback? Manufacturers listen! Nice job guys!!!!

Yes, I'm sure whiners on pinside is why this happened. It wasn't planned from the start or anything like that.

#1480 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

If it was planned stern would have listed that songs from the movie was included. So I really doubt it was planned.

Not if they were still working out the licensing deals.

#1481 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Either way, it was made right. That’s all we can ask. Bravo.

Two songs is 'made right' for a license property that so heavily leverages music? Sure.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1510 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Oh, that settles it then. They’re definitely using the 400 sets of left over WWE armour.
Hahaha!
rd

But if they laser cut them, they'd have to have re-powder coat them (because the edges are covered) -- so it's not really re-using anything.

#1537 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Deck has been ordered!

Sweet. After it arrives I’ll have to stop in some time when I’m visiting the kid at college and get in a few games on the new deck.

#1590 6 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

He said doing that meant losing other things he was contemplating for the Premium.

Too bad Stern hasn’t gotten into selling those other ideas as after market upgrades. Clearly people who care will do that stuff (like timebandit’s Integrated add ons).

1 week later
#2146 6 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

I am using Star Wars pinball machine

I love the crazy mish-mash of scale in that picture. Tie figher as big as a destroyer as big as the death star. Good stuff.

1 week later
#2629 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

There is something pure about them and the hand crafted artwork that had to be created to make the animations. I like the HD LCD displays, but I really love some of the 90's Williams DMD animations on a ColorDMD.

I think Stern's problem with the LCDs is they really aren't using them very well. The displays just aren't that well designed. The stuff JJP does with the display is gorgeous. Stern's attempts so far are ... not. I'm no graphic designer, so I can't really speak to what they should do different -- just as an end user, what they've done so far is ... meh. If they were amazing, I think you'd have less of a 'I miss the DMD' feeling.

#2824 6 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

I was at expo steve said never again will he do a movie theme and everything they did with sw had to be approved by the sw people he said it was a royal pain in the ass

Everything has to be approved on ANY license game. It just sounded like Disney was much less agreeable than most people they work with, so Star Wars was not a joy to work on.

#2829 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Another point - Marvel is Disney. So GOTG is Disney.

Yeah - I think they're just MUCH more strict/controlling with Star Wars given what the property means to the bottom line. Probably the only thing that would be worse to work with them on is a Mickey Mouse pin. GotG isn't the megalith that SW is.

#2854 6 years ago
Quoted from fishmanrob:

This is a smart business decision. Wait for the code.

Is it? Do average location players even care? I would think the 'strike with what's new and hot' would work better - regardless of finish details. Sure, repeat regular customers might be disappointed by it, but on a route operation how much of that is really where the money is versus "OOOH GUARDIANS (puts money in)"

#2867 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Everyone making the games are trying, but they do not have the time or resources needed to complete their jobs before the shipping deadline hits. That shipping deadline is more important than testing, finishing, and refining a game.

That. Opposing forces.

#2896 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

thanks. I had heard from a typically reliable source that TWD vault was coming where they will have the PRO model with walker bombs, spinner, and extra magnet. I was told the only thing holding it up was that Lyamn is still busy on other titles with code.
If true, it would be enough for me to likely by a TWDve for home finally.

Why would they do this? They could just make more premiums. Doesn't make any sense.

#2905 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

TWD has already been made using Spike technology. Stern spent a fortune developing Spike and have publicly said many times that they can produce old titles with Spike. Plenty of customers still around that would buy TWD VE. It is an awesome game for the home collection.

The point is, if there's a market for TWD with the spinner/extra magnet/walker bombs -- why not just make more premiums instead of a hybrid 'pro'. Are the ramp flap and crossbow THAT problematic that it would be worth leaving them off?

1 week later
#3449 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

TNA has ZERO call outs!!!

Congratulations on being wrong with such gusto.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Los Angeles, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.00
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dow, IL
$ 28.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider epthegeek.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-is-here?tu=epthegeek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.