50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ed209.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#736 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfanoz:

Take it the hands are going to come down and hold the balls that are being held by magnets? Would be cool but agreed that they may get in the way of shots otherwise. Great looking game and more to offer than Star Wars for sure.

They shake during jazz hands multiball.

2 weeks later
#2161 6 years ago

OK this game has my attention, hopefully we get one on location here soonish. Looks fun as hell but still need to play before I pull any triggers.

1 week later
#2540 6 years ago
Quoted from Blindseer:

Did anyone else feel that the movie clips kind of cheapened the game? When I play pinball I don't want to be watching a movie. Also the Groot multiball lock is way too repetitive.

Kind of felt having the video always playing dulls the impact of using it as a reward.

#2798 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Given that it's the 3rd time they've "benefitted the company the most" in the last 12 months by shipping games nowhere close to 1.00, it's pretty clear there's a problem with management or cash flow or both. Customers clearly are not the first consideration. Once could be an anomaly, twice a mistake, but three times in 12 months points to a very serious problem at Stern. It's literally never happened before twice, let alone three times in 12 months. Something is very wrong.

Guessing the only thing wrong is the fact that people continue to throw pre-order money at games sight unseen. Vote with your wallet.

1 week later
#3403 6 years ago

Wow. This code is beyond early and just feels like the entire concept is flawed. It's like Stern is trying to do a music pin but instead of songs they're using movie clips. Why the shit would they even attempt this if they didn't have the use of the audio/actors from the film. Please, please prove me wrong Stern. I really want to love this game.

#3405 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I’m an early adopter and I’m having a blast.

Good to hear. I love Guardians and watching streams have been a huge disappointment. Hopefully getting some quality time on one will change my opinion.

#3410 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wow. That's bad. It seems like it makes it even worse because unlike XMEN where the characters on the pin are animated, these voices are set to live action clips. Makes it extra-hard to accept the terribly matched voices.

You just hit start on this game and it spews crappy VO at you non stop. People hate the VO in XMen but at least they're being used for reward/guidance that interacts with the ball. GOTG doesn't have callouts, it's just background noise.

#3471 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

I love how people are so overdramatic and love bashing. Wouldn't be pinside without it I guess. So what if the callouts arent the original actors. Im sure it would have been a lot more $$$ to have them. So they did the next best thing, had actors read the script. That makes it super easy to add in for people who care with pinball browser. TWD stock callouts sucked hard, but with the Cleland callouts, it made it pretty great. People ripping on it for not coming from the factory with the voice actors need to go circlejerk in a new thread. How petty. Its something that can be fixed easy.

Just lipstick on a pig. Even with real voice actors all you have are non interactive movie clips playing in the background. This isn’t the same weak VO problem that games like XMen or TWD have.

Without voice actors Stern should just embrace the music pin code structure and play songs from the films instead of movie clip audio. Stern would probably get away with using sound alikes if they were being used for actual callouts.

#3586 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

And after all the smoke clears and issues get resolved everything ends up fine.

But everything doesn't always end up getting resolved and there's always a risk that you'll be stuck with a Sturd (Stern turd) like Transformers.

#3592 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Some people absolutely love transformers. I know many that will never sell there's. I hope you are wrong for all of our sakes.

I hope I’m wrong too. I love GOTG and I genuinely enjoy most Stern games. This pin was way up on my want list and I’m crossing my fingers that Stern knocks it out of the park with future updates. I’ve got a fistful of cash in hand ready for that day but no way am I just going to just give them the benefit of the doubt and just hope for the best. Vote with your wallet folks.

1 week later
#3875 6 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

are the callouts really going to make the game not fun or something?
you guys are funny.
obviously it would be better if they got a real voice actor, but it's not that big of a deal.
They probably just aren't selling enough of them to justify the cost.

Doesn't ruin the fun but it'll factor in if I'm going to spend $0.50 or $6000.

#3881 6 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Well. Besides Pulp Fiction his efforts haven't exactly been Citizen Kane grade.

Kind of agree. I'm probably alone in this but I think Death Proof is super underrated and one of his better films along with Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs. Rest of his work is hit or miss.

#3911 6 years ago

24991419_10159707611925300_842179729499111150_n (resized).jpg24991419_10159707611925300_842179729499111150_n (resized).jpg

Finally got some quality time on a pro today and my opinion still stands. Game shoots fine but hot damn the theme integration and code is a mess. I did play a bunch of BM66 after which gave me hope. That games fun as hell now, I kind of want one.

#3983 6 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Rocket shot fires the ball back on all versions, same as War Machine on IM. Difference is on the Prem/LE the rocket figure itself is on a coil and recoils when the ball fires back.
IMO not worth the extra scratch to go Premium on this one.

Probably alone in this but I wish Stern would keep these kick back mechanics further up the game like ST. Not a fan of the mid playfield fire the ball back on GOT and GOTG.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ed209.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-is-here?tu=ed209 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.