2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,260 posts
  • 503 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Mnluz
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 392 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CDC61D8B-FD6A-4D64-A69E-01294E9E947B (resized).png
ED493CEB-E58E-4946-97C9-FCCE99E36547 (resized).jpeg
F119E176-AD5E-4740-8FF9-BD0F26A2515A (resized).jpeg
61CCCECE-2607-4D17-96C7-E30F907A1F0D (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
Jam (resized).png
2A4B0C7A-AF2B-44C4-A323-A95C678D5DC6 (resized).jpeg
50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider echovictor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#679 2 years ago
Quoted from speederice:

My one minor gripe is that they repeated this same image of StarLord/Chris Pratt on the backglass, cabinet side art and playfield... I think it appears about 3 times on the Pro and Premium. I am sure they had limited promo shots to pick from if they were only going with the first movie, but it is kind of a drawback.

Just like Black Widow sidekick pose on Avengers. Seems like a Marvel licensing thing....

Later,
EV

#709 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

could someone make the arms to mount to a pro I dont know if there would be an infringement on making them,could there be a problem making arms that look like a tree,I would not think so but if it can be done I sure someone with some skill will do it,mabey Matt at back alley.

I was thinking along the same lines, although, making them more along the idea of the vines/tendrils that Groot extends to grab things. Maybe wrapped around the existing ramps, like this;

Groot limbs (resized).JPG

Later,
EV

#716 2 years ago

Also, why did they make the Orb shot insert the Broker? It should be Thanos, or at least the Collector. But the Broker? Meh.

Later,
EV

#1109 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm sorry, but the gold trim on the LE is FUGLY!!!

Quoted from ronaldvg:

Very strange design decision. There is a blue and a green main character, not anything gold. I believe they had those left from WWE, cannot figure out why else they would use that color.

Only tie-in I can think of is using the gold to reference the Sovereign from Vol. 2. However, given that the second movie seems very under-represented on this pin, I don't think that's what they were going for.

I second the notion that it's just "use up all the leftover WWE LE parts". Don't forget that TFLE Autobots and ST Prem use the same crimson armor.

Later,
EV

#1138 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

How about all the gold people in the 2nd movie? Everything about them was gold. But, as you said that is the 2nd not the 1st.

That's who the Soverign are.

Quoted from Potatoloco:

The color is from Star Lord's ship the Milano.

The Milano is blue and orange in the movies. Star-Lord even says so during the Kyln escape. Only gold on its exterior was in the artist's rendering shown a page or two ago.

Later,
EV

#1215 2 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

This!
It might look slightly gold in that pic I posted but it's orange. Blue/Orange would have been a great color scheme I think for the Armor. Maybe something for me to do if I actually pick up this game.

I'm getting a Pro, and I was thinking the exact same thing.

Quoted from Potatoloco:

I was wondering if anyone would actually correct me. Found an actual Guardians fan.

No worries. I have studied the Milano a lot in the past couple years. IMHO, it is one of the best, most unique starship designs to come out in the past decade or so. Its silhouette is instantly recognizable, and absolutely beautiful. I have all 3 of the Lego versions....

Later,
EV

#1223 2 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

76081, 30449, 76021 all sitting on my display shelf
Here's hoping for a Howard the Duck mod

"Eww, gross. Why'd you let it lick you like that?"

Later,
EV

#1508 2 years ago

If given the choice of only two original songs going into this pin, my vote would be;

1) "Hooked On A Feeling" - Blue Swede. This is THE song that defines the first movie. Hell, Quill himself claims personal ownership of the song in the prison processing scene.

and

2) "Guardians Inferno" - The Sneepers featuring David Hasselhoff. Here is a fun ass retro-disco tune that pulls in the second movie. Even gives a little narrative in the lyrics.

Runners-up; "Come And Get Your Love" - Redbone for the first film, and "Fox On The Run" - Sweet for the second, even though it was only in the trailer.

Later,
EV

#1733 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

How can I hook up my Zune to this ?

"There’s a lady on there named Alice Cooper that I like a lot. She seems kinda angry...."

Later,
EV

3 weeks later
#3796 1 year ago
Quoted from PW79:

Anyone else think of Reservoir Dogs when hearing Hooked on a Feeling?

I don't.

Quoted from gweempose:

How can you not?

When you think that Tarantino is the most over-rated director of all time, and have never made it through any of his movies they're so dreadful, even though you've tried to sit through several (Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill, From Dusk 'Til Dawn, etc.)

Later,
EV

#3847 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Anyone want to chime in with the new code?
Are there are lines not used in the movie?

Installed last night and played a few games on the new 0.73 code;

- A lot of movies lines re-done by sound-alikes. No original lines except "Extra Ball".
- Several lines are paraphrased or modified. Like during the processing into the Kyln, Rocket talks about Quill as "this one's OUR booty!". In the pin, the line is modified to "this one's OUR new toy!" Apparently Stern is afraid of booty.
- Orchestral music plays during each mode. Not bad. Hooked On A Feeling or Cherry Bomb only play if no mode is active.
- LCD movie clips integrated with added graphics.....looks good.

Later,
EV

#3848 1 year ago

On a different note, I completely don't understand all the hubbub about the "bobbily boo" callout. Did no one see the movie?

Later,
EV

#3856 1 year ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Have they fixed it in the newest code released?

Don't know about earlier versions, but on v0.73, the "boobily boo" callout only happens during Yaka Arrow mode (as it should).

So far, the best sound alike is Nebula. She's pretty spot on. Worst? Ronan (during Knowhere). Sounds nothing like Lee Pace.

Later,
EV

#3885 1 year ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I think this is probably the first time I've ever given you a thumbs down, but you simply left me no choice with this one ...

No worries. I know my opinion of ol' Quentin is not common. Just totally not my cup of tea.

Later,
EV

#3919 1 year ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Hopefully the talented pinside coders will fix GOTG with real voice clips from the films and well placed use of the music, and by that I mean not during modes or multi's.

Just so everyone is clear, Hooked On A Feeling and Cherry Bomb ONLY come up when you're not in a mode, which is not often. Each mode (including both multiballs) uses orchestral score (some from GOTG, some custom), and are just fine.

When a mode times out, that's when one of the 2 songs start. Shoot the scoop, and it goes back to the orchestra piece on the mode select screen. You only have to listen to the rock songs if you can't hit that scoop.

Later,
EV

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider echovictor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside