50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider darscot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#85 6 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

Starlord’s mask eyes being lit inserts is genius.

Really that's enough for genius? It seems like a no brainer to me. Let the hype continue I guess.

#199 6 years ago

This whole invisiglass debate is so annoying, if the lighting of your game room and pins doesn't create a lot of glare it's going to be useless. It you situation results in a lot of glare then it's going to make a big difference. My personal situation my pins are in the basement and I have zero glare. I do have to get them down those frickin stairs.

#463 6 years ago

The cabinet looks a little rainbow pukey in the pics. Not a fan of the LE gold. When its full size hopefully it's no so loud and so much. Groot looks great, if the mouth does not sync with him talking it will be an epic failure. Overall it looks better than recent efforts from Stern.

#523 6 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

2nd line - Original score music and other pieces composed by Ken Hale.
Sooooooo, no Come and Get Your Love playing while I hit targets to kick little space squirrels???

Thanks for posting it but but fuck do I hate these matrix charts from Stern. Could they make it any harder or more confusing. You basically have to hold a ruler up to the screen to try and line shit up.

#613 6 years ago

Stern gets way to much slack on Licensing, no licensed music is a huge miss. It made the movies, they have to at least get some samples.

#832 6 years ago

Does Stern ever make changes after these reveals? It seems like they really need to beta test the concepts and ideas and then balance after. This pin looks good, better than SW for sure but just a little community feedback would go a long way.

#866 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Yes, Borg definitely needs your input on his designs. He just makes bad game after bad game and needs pinside to show him how it's done

Maybe I should not have used the word design but I do believe anyone good takes input and criticism. Things like dropping spinners from the pro, is that really a good idea? The arms and Gold on the LE is that what people really want for their money? Maybe the LE should get those licensed songs for your extra few thousand. I never said I was going to show him how it's done, but of course they should take input from their consumer.

Actually I never said design I said concepts and ideas.

#983 6 years ago

The best thing Stern could do is add a new feature that allows you to add your own mix tape.

#1259 6 years ago

I don't care much about rules or spinner usage in the code. They just add so much as far as shot satisfaction especially with a shaker. It's such an easy win, how much does it really save Stern. Its worth it just for the perception.

#1563 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

BASH! BASH! BASH!
4 honest questions. Please answer.
1. How the hell do you know this?
2. Do you really want the groot hands to move?
3.Why would you want that? Oh forgot just something to complain about. I bet if they moved people would say I hate the moving groot hands they are so distracting.
4. Why would stern need to pay Disney extra money to get the groot hands to move?

I think your sarcasm detector needs adjustment.

1 week later
#2180 6 years ago

Cherry Bomb is my least wanted song. It's so repetitive as a song no desire to hear it over and over on the pin. It would have been perfect to sample the guitar riff and chorus.

#2187 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

The great thing about the songs being implemented into the game and hopefully nicely cheographed into the mode/s is that it gives anyone who wants to file point/locations to swap out in pinball browser, it would be a lot harder to add tracks and sync them nicely if there was no tracks to begin with so it’s a win win imo.

I'm not a fan of the whole it's better than nothing or you can fix it yourself. I still think the best thing Stern could have done is integrate songs into modes and add the create your own mix tape feature. Just avoid the license issue and they could still have planned the modes around the songs. So many better options.

1 week later
#2748 6 years ago

Didn't have a chance to watch till now. Its painfully clear that Stern has no idea how to build with the LCD or at least not a movie based game. Its a complete mess. I find it hard to believe but I don't think they even have an engine. There is no theme of any kind, it's complete random. They really need to hire some modern people. This could easily be the beginning of the end. They corrected the way the hardware looks but everything else seems to be getting worse.

1 week later
#3281 6 years ago

I can't even watch the stream it's so annoying what are they thinking?

#3330 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

To the people at Marvel who are responsible for this: F you. You've ruined this game.

Why are you blaming Marvel this is 100% Stern.

#3506 6 years ago

For me GOTG looks ok. The art and layout looks good. My standards for license and code are just higher than Stern is capable of delivering in a movie theme. The get it right for music themed pins I love my AC/DC. I'm sorry but this is just not good enough for me in 2017. The audio and video need to be tight, the code is just no where near what I expect in 2017. I do make video games for a living and deal with licensing all the time. Granted we don't pay for a half a license if we do the game we get what we need to make a great game.

With rumors of Pulp Fiction coming can you imagine if they use voice actors for Samuel Jackson, it will be horrible. Pay the license or don't do the pin. At least not for home buyers. On route this seems good enough just not for personal use.

#3670 6 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I watched the stream with the latest code, and expected dyslexic ESL students screaming nonsense... The audio sounds TOTALLY FINE to me.

That game is the spirit of Pinball. If you don't like it... You DO NOT LIKE PINBALL! Some will call that a ridiculously subjective, and hyperbolic statement... It's not. It's a reality check.

Some early feedback from people who have ACTUALLY played the pin is that it's really fun.

This type of thing is what I find the most negative around here. Way overuse of hyperbolic statements and what is with the cheap shot at ESL? Way too many people take the, if you don't share my opinion you are wrong and don't even like pinball. Don't like a pin, then you probably didn't ACTUALLY play it.

Maybe we are all different from different backgrounds and have different standards. Just because someone doesn't like something is not an attack on you, people are way too sensitive about their pins.

Man the ignorance of "dyslexic ESL students screaming" statement pisses me off. You do realize dyslexia is a learning disorder related to reading and writing and not speaking?

#3675 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Lol, now you are offended that he's offended. While not the nicest way to put it I bet he wasnt trying to insult dyslexic people just like someone else is not going around raping people.
Everyone needs to stop taking every word written on the internet so seriously and you suddenly will not be as offended.

I'm not offended by the insult to the learning disabled and immigrants making the effort to join the culture. I'm annoyed by someone getting on their high horse about this place is negative and using that in their argument. Don't get on your soap box and then do exactly what your complaining about.

#3755 6 years ago

I watched Zachs SDTM stream last night and I have to admit the game from a hardware perspective is pretty sweet. It looks super fun to play and even the code looks adequate for someone of my skill level I rarely get to wizard modes and really explore the depth of code. The only thing that bugs me is the LCD and the Audio everything else looks pretty top notch. I was sitting in my living room with my wife and nothing was on so I watched Twitch on my big TV. I have never done this before but I figured I might as well try it out. My wife was messing around on her iPad and she is not into Pinball. After about 20 minutes she turns to me rather annoyed and says why the hell does he keep playing those two songs over and over. She thought Zach had music on in the back ground with those two songs on repeat. I explained it was the pin and she said I don't ever want that in our house. LOL

#3886 6 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Well. Besides Pulp Fiction his efforts haven't exactly been Citizen Kane grade.

Just out of curiosity I would love to hear a director that you feel all their work is on Citizen Kane level, even the rest of Orson Welles movies are not on that level.

Quoted from Hazoff:

Hes smart, he kinda stole a whole bunch of styles from euro films to kung fu and film noir then put them all together with a little bit of overkill to shock people and it worked. Pulp Fiction as a pinball machine to me sounds ridiculous but then again my top pick for a pin title is Robocop based on 1 and 2, need the Nuke, need it. I also hold Robocop in the same regard as Lawrence of Arabia and Dr. Z, 3 of my favorite films. GOTG plays really nice I hope Stern doesn't kill it with terrible voice work but I have a feeling once code matures someone will make a version with movie dialog and many added songs, hopefully a Slayer version like TWD.

Paul Verhoeven is the man.

Sorry I'll let this get back on topic.

#3942 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Heck, not even EA's new Battlefront 2 has Harrison Ford's likeness in it and that's a multi billion dollar company.

Why would say this, is this some conspiracy theory about the beard? Han Solo is 100% in the game and based on Harrison Ford. The beard is part of the canon.

#3944 6 years ago

So this is the Han Solo model. Licensing demands he has beard so we give him a beard. The internet says EA cheaped out on the license. The stuff people just make up about EA is amazing. You can't even please Star Wars nerds by going full nerd.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#3948 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That model looks great. The internet is frustrated with EA in general due to their shaddy and greedy use of loot boxes in many of their latest games, especially Battlefront 2. If it wasn't for that a beard wouldn't be a big deal.

As an employee of EA I can not comment on the Internets current issue.

#4013 6 years ago

Finally got to put a few games on this at Tommy's open house which by the way was awesome. Guardians sure looks good and its fun but I don't know... I was surprised how tight the shots are with the exception of Groot. The code is not what worries me and it is lacking right now. Its just that Groot is so wide open and everything else is so tight. Admittedly I only put a few games on it but the shot imbalance was pretty glaring. Even trying to hit other things I still loaded Groot and ended up in multiball. I guess with more time you would dial in the shots but they have to make it way harder to get Groot open.

#4023 6 years ago
Quoted from vbittnv:

This is what is keeping me from pulling the trigger honestly.. Im not the best player but I have an x-men and those shots are tight.. but I cant for the life of me hit the orb or the kickback worth a damn... I played 5 games in a row yesterday and was so frustrated after the last game I just went home. lol.

I was playing with a few other people at the open house and all of us where just trying to explore the machine and make shots and no one hit much of anything. Even when trying to hit things everyone just ended going oh well I'll just hit Groot. Usually every machine has one shot that is my nemesis and I can never make the damn thing. Guardians was the opposite there was only one I could hit. LOL

#4030 6 years ago
Quoted from jarch:

Update from Stern:
We heard you loud and clear! Our customers are loving the new Guardians of the Galaxy Pinball Machine, but we have heard that more original soundtrack music would be appreciated! We have been working very hard behind the scenes to get you more music!
In the upcoming GOTG code update, you will find "I want you back" by the Jackson 5 1969 and "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell 1967!
This will be the first time the King of Pop or Marvin Gaye have ever been in a full production pinball machine in any form!
Expect this update very soon, and Happy Holidays from all of us here at Stern Pinball! #GOTG #SternPinball #Jackson5 #MarvinGaye

I wonder how badly it under performed? I just can't see Stern changing their mind on the license if it was selling as expected. It is really great for the pin but there is no excuse for the way they launched it. Hopefully they make changes in licensing and marketing going forward.

#4058 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

I don't think it is under performing. It may be that Stern has had this planned all along and are saying they are listening to the community...
You just can't license songs, write updated code/modes in 2-3 weeks... This is all part of a greater plan imo.

If they planned this then the marketing and licensing people need to be fired.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 25.00
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

6,495 (Firm)
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 28.00
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider darscot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-is-here?tu=darscot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.