50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

I see three magnets arranged in an Addams Family Power formation.

If there's one thing SW taught me, it's that Pinside has an unbridled lust for magnets!!! Here's three big ones, baby!

#133 6 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

Bah a theme I really have no interest in. Looks like the pinball themes are being gear'ed to the thirty something crowd.
oh well.......someone needs to tell Stern & Jersey Jack 30 somethings are in too much debt to afford NIB Pinball Machines. Besides I'll just buy a NIB GotG in 2020 when code is finished

Are you an old person railing against those young whipersnappers in their 30s, or a millennial complaining about those 30-something geezers?

#149 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

This -> is the 80's Stern logo...
Anyone else notice the Casio calculator watch the guy drilling random holes in the PF was wearing?

That's gotta be Steve Ritchie!!!

#174 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

2 motors in that pic.
I heard 5 magnets!! (5 Magnets Levi!!!~!!)

Homer_drool (resized).jpgHomer_drool (resized).jpg

#354 6 years ago

Man is that thing ugly!

"GOTG: For those of you who think AC/DC's Art Package is Too Subtle"

#374 6 years ago

IronTallica!

Looks like fun as usual. My only completely unsubstantiated complaint is that like every Stern game of the last 10 years they put something in it that will take constant infuriating adjusting to keep from shooting balls straight down the middle.

#390 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

-
Looks like it could be very good. Nothing mindblowing, but fun and looks nice. I'll definitely play it on location & contemplate purchase after that.

That's what Stern does well, frankly. When they "think outside the box" you get messes like Ghostbusters, or the rules from Star Wars. I'm sure this will be another solid traditional pinball effort from Stern. People who want "innovation" can go with JJP product or roll the dice with the amateurs.

#413 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Have they done a ramp configuration before that goes in and out of the back wall like that?

Iron Man. Same plastic ramps.

#450 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Not exactly_ the same, form wise, but the same entrance/exits for sure.

True! But I figured I'd just say it and nobody would notice I was off several degrees. Goddammit! I do like the way they hug the Groot head.

#453 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

At this point he's not even designing anymore. He's taking the same 3-4 ideas from all his games (and 1-2 from other peoples' games) and putting them in slightly different spots on the playfield.
The game looks fun, but there's absolutely nothing new or exciting here. At all.

I'm always excited to play a new game and I don't really give a shit about "innovation" as it's almost always terrible. Stern has always done well reheating their leftovers.

#500 6 years ago

I know nobody wants to hear it but licensing the music would be a nightmare - isn't the movie a greatest hits 80s playlist? The only hope would be a bunch of crappy cover versions and who got time for dat

#514 6 years ago

Movie scores are cool. Love the music in Iron Man and don't really care that the rock songs are missing.

#521 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

What means please in the feature matrix:
« Original score music and other pieces composed by Ken Hale »
No movie musics?

No pop/rock songs, just instrumental score from the films. Pretty much anybody could have told you this would be the case, it would be impossible for Stern to license pop/rock songs on any kind of a budget.

#537 6 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

boom there you go, another $150 cost (and i'm generous).
shaker, backglass and yellow mustard trims are not worth 3k more.

You guys play this silly Bill of Materials game every time a machine is announced.

We KNOW there isn't $3,000 worth of "stuff" in an LE that a pro doesn't have. Talk about missing the point.

The LE is for people who need the LE of everything and don't care that their accountant might point out they aren't exactly getting their "money's worth."

The Premium is for people who want the extra "stuff" but are willing to pay a bit less without the "limited" cache.

The Pro is for people who don't care about the extra "stuff" and want a new pinball machine for $5500. This formula has been in play for almost a decade at this point.

None of it is for anybody who really cares about "bill of material." If you want to get your "money's worth" build you own game, you won't waste a cent.

#552 6 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

i am not missing the point, stern does.

That's why they are going out of business and having trouble selling their LEs, clearly.

#567 6 years ago

You must be new here.

Actual distributor price is always a good bit lower than msrp.

#718 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Best look yet at the arms.

That actually looks pretty fuckin' cool. But unless you have a Lyman stance I still think they'll be a little annoying a-la the hammer on MET.

#884 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

With all the issues these past years people are still lining up to buy this game day one.
SMH

That’s cause the “issues” are way overstated stuff we way overplay to help us kill time during the work day and in between releases.

When an actual pin comes out people remember Pinball is fun and the endorphins kick back in.

Sorry sourpuss

#904 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Pinball browser works great for songs BUT the song or track needs to be already in the code to make it jive with Game
I turned AC/DC into a greatest hits after I got tired of the songs
Hopefully somebody will figure it out
This Pinside crew is pretty amazing

PSA: it’s “jibe” not “jive.” Nobody ever gets this right!

64DEF4F5-9868-4156-9147-56FA67230806 (resized).jpeg64DEF4F5-9868-4156-9147-56FA67230806 (resized).jpeg

#907 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Cool. Learn something every day!

I live to give!

#1043 6 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

and why the machine is base only on the first movie? why not wait a few more months and do a trilogy?

Beastmaster is all in on the "This food is horrible...and such small portions!" gambit with this game, no?

It wouldn't be "a few more months," unless you think they can just throw that stuff into the game in a week. Besides, Stern often releases a game 2 movies into a series, this is pretty common for them. Makes sense - you get a whole new round of interest whenever a new film comes out.

#1249 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

It’s just a ploy to persuade people on the fence to choose the upper trim level.

My god. He’s right!

Stern have been engaging in a sick, nefarious plot to offer more features for MORE MONEY.

And all this time. Right under our noses!!!!

#1262 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

This apologist act sucks.

Oh that’s funny...I was just thinking that the endless whiney Bitch act sucks.

But hey to each their own. People should keep complaining about games they are never going to buy and acting outraged that stern wants more money for more stuff.

#1272 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Stern has been doing this since they start the premium/LE thing so I don't really get everyone's whining now.

I think the reason for that is pretty obvious: this reveal went pretty damn smoothly and the “dark night for stern” crowd was left with a bad case of blue balls. So...gotta Bitch about something, right?

I’d personally have stuck with the “where are the 70s hits?!” angle, instead of the spinner thing that pretty much nobody cares about. People don’t have emotional connections to spinners like they do with music so that gambit resonates a little more and the complaints seem a little more authentic.

#1346 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

AND PEOPLE ARE STILL BUYING THE HIGHER TRIM. WHAT IS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND HERE?!
Collectors will still buy whatever is perceived to be better. You don't have to gimp out your entry model. That. Is. The. Point.

People are still buying stern pros and the reaction to guardians has been excellent.

What is so hard to understand here?

If you want a game with spinners, but a premium. it’s still cheaper than an entry-level jjp.

We all keep missing each other’s points!!

#1362 6 years ago

Don’t even get me started on stern spinner build quality...

#1395 6 years ago
Quoted from Kaibun:

Looks cool and all, but I'm totally disappointed they included nothing of Vol. 2 in this table. Why would they do that?

Why would you call it a table?

People do weird stuff sometimes!!!

#1516 6 years ago

Damn how disappointed are folks that these are apparently
Not leftover stock from WWE. And now some actual pop songs are getting used?

Blue balls for the dark night for stern crowd for sure.

#1520 6 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I well known pinball podcaster just sent me evidence that these side rails were left over from an early prototype WWE LE machine:

I fuckin KNEW IT!!!

#1531 6 years ago
Quoted from Hi-Fi:

Do you really think Stern said "oh crap, nobody is pre-ordering this game" and then all of a sudden went out and secured the rights to two songs in less than a week? I think it takes longer than that. I would think this has been in the works for awhile.

Dude, throw them a bone. If people really want to believe this, let em.

Even though it’s absolutely ridiculous.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.50
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 25.00
Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 28.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-is-here?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.