50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cosmicjim.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2067 6 years ago

I love the movies, and love the soundtracks, but I think the general tone of the thread is getting a little too obsessed with the music.

#2385 6 years ago

So what we’ve realized is we need a john c Reilly pin.

#2752 6 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I picked up my game yesterday Thanks Cointaker!
Personally I'm glad that it's here because I'm coming into my busy season at work and to make a 2 hour round trip to go pick it up or be home to wait for a shipping company just isn't happening in the next month for me.
To have no call outs was a surprise to me that it shipped that way but that also tells me that they almost have to have an update sooner rather than later. That's not a code that's going to be around for very long I'm sure.
I have a larger collection so games don't have to be super deep for me. I like the theme as it goes with my other Marvel pins. If it's really bad I'll just play something else while I wait for code. I understand if you have a smaller collection where this would be a bigger deal.
Why does everyone act like they're married to these games? It's not till death do you part. People buy and sell them all the time right here. Yes you may take somewhat of a loss but it's not total by any means.

Because $5000-6000 might mean a little more to other people.

#2965 6 years ago

I watched Waspinator on stream. He looks younger (but not young) than the average pinball owner, which isn't hard, sorry guys. Actually seeing him helps me understand better. If you dont have the space and cash flow, but are new to ownership, swapping out games makes sense. I was the same way, but the difference for me was I had space and cash flow and ended up buying 10+ machines in a relatively short time. If I had not had the space or cash flow at the time, I would have definitely quickly cycled through many of my games. The younger generations are starting to hoard less and less than older generations and dont have as much attachment to physical objects.

#2971 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

HE GETS IT!
Edit: also, what's all this "but not young" talk.

lol, sorry. Meant to imply you aren't a kid.

#3031 6 years ago

I normally don't pay much attention to the new game scene. GOTG is the first new game that my wife wouldn't freak out about if I bought it. I'm not team Stern or Team JJP. I'm not Team NIB or Team B/W. I'm just a guy buying his first new game. I'm fortunate to be on pinside, but not fortunate enough to have followed stern's other releases to realize they ship with incomplete code.
Making a $5k purchase, I should have researched more, but I made an impulse purchase. My research was my experience with playing new games at an arcade named Ronnie Rayguns. Some games I liked, some games I didn't. I liked trying them out as soon as they were installed.
I hate ghostbusters. BM66 was incredibly boring. I thought TWD was bad. The list goes on. After reading through these GOTG threads and learning about code, I gave them a try again. Most of them were much more enjoyable. GB still kicked my ass, so i couldnt get into it.

So here's the bottom line. Stern is hurting themselves in the long run by putting games out too early. I've been playing these games during the first couple weeks of release, then deciding they were bad and never playing them again. On top of that I've been telling my friends that I've been trying to get into pinball to avoid those games because they were bad without knowing the gameplay has been updated.
I bought a GOTG. Now I know the code will get updates, so I'm not worried about it, but I feel bad for operators that put these games out that dont get to remake as much revenue because of first impressions.

#3047 6 years ago
Quoted from facelift:

It's so refreshing to hear comments like yours and your previous post on your experience with gotg.
When the first reveal of the playfield and then the teaser trailer/pics of the game showed up, many were saying this game was a home run. Similar layout to one hell of a game (Met) and beautiful artwork. Game ships with very early code and all the haters say the game is shit. They couldn't wait to get to their keyboards to pile on the hate. I had planned on buying the game early but when I saw the code, I knew I'd just have to wait.
Of course the game is not going to be fun with early code, it's just not ready because it got pushed out early.
When the game gets updates and hopefully fast, I'm sure it will be extremely fun to play. Once the code is there, it's a complete package.
It's just a waiting game now. Pick the game up when new code drops and enjoy the hobby!

At the end of the day, if you are blaming the customer, your business will fail. If you are not serving the customer you will fail.

#3156 6 years ago

Russian bots on both side of the issue are confusing us and destroying our pinball economy.

#3179 6 years ago

I think it’s time for a new pin that doesn’t have mode selection. I’ve always enjoyed games that started modes during gameplay. There’s something rewarding in that. It’s missing from select a mode games. I’m not saying it’s better, but maybe they should mix it up. That’s why all of these pins feel the same to me.

#3252 6 years ago

I unboxed mine today and put a few games. I havent ran into any speech, yet, AT ALL. Is there currently no speech at all? Mine is .66 It's kind of unnerving how speechless it is.

#3422 6 years ago

I have to buy a flash drive to upgrade mine. I'll do it today and have my wife and daughters play it. I'm not going to say anything to them and see how they react to the voiceovers. They will be as unbiased as you can get. They dont know what pinside is and I won't even mention the voiceovers so I dont subconsciously influence them.

#3427 6 years ago

Didn’t they improve the voice acting or call outs on TWD after release? It may not have actors, but didn’t it get better? Or am I misremembering?
I wasn’t a TWD tv show fan, but I remember the original call outs being super abrasive, and feel like I remember them toning the hillbilly down a little bit? I could have entirely made that up in my head though.

I’m not saying the GOTG call outs are terrible, I haven’t seen them first hand yet, but I was just hoping there is a precedence for improvement.

#3649 6 years ago

The most messed up thing about this is the rocket voice sounds a hell of a lot like Peter Quill. Enough that it confused me about who was talking.

#3810 6 years ago

I’m not a fan of mission picking on this, but I think it’s because making shots during the modes don’t feel very different from mode to mode. If each mode actually felt different I wouldn’t mind it. I think that can be fixed mostly with code and video editing.

#3820 6 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Picking your mode/mission before plunging the ball is mostly just lazy code.
“I can’t think of anything interesting for the player to do to qualify - EARN - a mode. Hey! Why not just let them pick the mode up front?”
Gary: “Yeah! And then we can just recycle that code for all our games!”.
I guess it works on a music pin to some extent, as it gets you into a tune right away. But again, better to make the player work for that tune!

I don't think it's lazy code. I think it's a marketing strategy to get players new to the machine to drop more money in the machine to try the other modes.

#3860 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

I just cant believe how uneccessary complicated the license world is. Why do they even have to bother selling license for a movie clip without voices? Why would including the actual audio to a movie clip cost so much more??
Sigh

The reason probably isn't the cost of audio, it's the need of unique call outs. Having two different voices to do call outs and do movie clips would be worse than just doing full voice-overs. Just a guess.

1 month later
#4168 6 years ago

I've never had the magnet on my pro fling a ball at an outlane, and I've only had one stdm.

#4179 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

What are your outlanes set to? Ours are almost all the way open, so it gets out very easily and often.

Mine is set to whatever it came from the factory at. I don’t even think my magnet throws it near the outlanes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

6,495 (Firm)
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 28.00
6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 19.95
$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.50
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cosmicjim.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-is-here?tu=cosmicjim and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.