50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooked71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#164 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Looks like a motor actually.

2 motors in that pic.

I heard 5 magnets!! (5 Magnets Levi!!!~!!)

#900 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

one of my favorite decks to play.

Decks?

Table is lineball unacceptable, but deck...???

#911 6 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

If you watch the video they wobble quite a bit.. wonder how long u til stress cracks at the mounting posts... I don't imagine ster rigorously Test these things (like spooky) before release

I'm ok with plastic ramps, especially on a busy playfield like this - there's already enough obstruction. And they're fast and smooth.

But since GB, the plastic they're using on these has become so thin. Anyone worked on the GBLE subway ramp??? It's like 1mm thick. It's like the plastic they use for food packaging.

As a result, they've had to make these plastic ramps on GOTG in 2 pieces - there's an ugly metal join on both ramps. They'll seem less smooth and more "rattly". But with how thin the plastic is they've had no choice.

Remember how long, smooth and fast those TWD ramps are?? Iron Man?? Single piece ramps. Ah, the good old days.....remember Sam?

IMG_9431 (resized).JPGIMG_9431 (resized).JPG

#916 6 years ago

Imagine a tape deck toy that you hit to change songs? Complete certain tasks and you add more songs to the playlist.

Hate to encourage Stern, but would have been great if they licensed a couple of songs for the pro/location, then the rest of soundtrack the owner could download for a fee.

The songs really are integral with this theme. They managed to do it on Mustang. But maybe the Mustang license cost them nothing.

#929 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

people talking about the groot hands and blocking... what about those flashers and plastics over the top of both outlanes...

Looks like its right there in the area above the outlanes.. :/

Quoted from DCFAN:

Yeah, I don't understand that at all, especially on the left side. It reminds me of Avengers a little.

That left one is ridiculous. Cant imagine it will ship like that.

#933 6 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

» YouTube video
"There's one more girl you won't be getting."
- Young M.C.

"Here's one more Stern I won't be getting."
- Eggbert52

Oughh, that armour.......

Premium in 2 years with Stern aftermarket armour might be the go here. If at all.

#941 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yep, another awesome game by Stern!

Have to admit we're getting hyper picky now. 5 Years ago, if GOTG was released, everyone would have lost it. Le's sold out in 15 minutes. Best game ever, etc etc. Now its like, "too similar", "too colourful", "too busy", "the music is not perfect", "the toys are too big, too small, too many", "the armour is not the perfect shade of....".

Kind of a compliment to the industry though. We are fortunate we can afford to be this picky. Every game has to jump a pretty high bar to get a spot in my limited space. Especially as the ones already in that space are pretty f*n good.

#957 6 years ago

1ylbz8 (resized).jpg1ylbz8 (resized).jpg

#1012 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Can someone explain to me how these songs work for pinball outside of using them for attract mode or high score entry?

The soundtrack is cool. The soundtrack is an important part of the movie. The game is based on the movie.

IMO, music draws you in to a theme like no other element can.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Also having a Walkman as the center piece of this game would be the lamest thing ever imo

100% agree that a Walkman as the centre piece would be lame. But the right scoop, for example, could be the Walkman instead of just being a scoop.

#1016 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This game will have music. Haha. What I’m saying is those specific songs might not fit well in a pinball machine.

I doubt one person on this forum could recognize the Guardians score if they heard it. There's no emotional attachment. It's not like Star Wars. And is the theme music even good for pinball? No idea, as I can't remember it. lol.

It's not a huge deal, but for me, the missing soundtrack is the difference between a must buy and a maybe buy. Game looks cool, but so do my other games.

No harm in discussing what could have been.

#1197 6 years ago
Quoted from Pfunk237:

um yeah. im not understanding groot hands either. looks like they lift up to reveal the ramp

Cant tell if this is a joke? That's one photo of the Premium/LE with hands and one photo of the Pro without hands.

#1379 6 years ago

Lets be honest. If Stern had any competition at pro level, there'd be spinners on a pro. They take them out because they know they can get away with it - not because they must remove them to keep the pro pricepoint.

#1385 6 years ago
Quoted from packards34:

Why can't Stern reveal machines like JJP, day one you can watch hours of ball play. Seriously, who knows what the machine plays like, call out music etc. It's like buying a car and not knowing if theres a 4cyl or v8 engine in it. interested but not putting money down until I know 100% what is in the game... Seriously stern! No one knows anything about the game except groot spits out balls.

Please order your Limited Edition now!

#1401 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why would you call it a table?
People do weird stuff sometimes!!!

At least he didn't call it a deck.

#1410 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Didnt you hear?
All the cool kids are using the term "deck" now...

Hipster

#1445 6 years ago

Ive completed the first GOTG mod. Thoughts?

Grroot (resized).jpgGrroot (resized).jpg

#1515 6 years ago
Quoted from tmick73:

From Stern’s Instagram account. Not sure if this has been posted.

Was there anything to say if that was new LE armour, or the aftermarket stuff they plan on selling?

#1549 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

What we’ve seen so far is pure awesomeness and people have good reason to be excited so far. Why isn’t it ok for him to give Stern props about a game that looks fantastic? I guess it could be a complete dud possibly but I wouldn’t count on it if I were you. This game will be just fine I am sure. So much damn negativity around this place that it’s pathetic man I swear.

Why isn't OK to give constructive criticism? "Bashing" implies criticism with no basis. Armour looks crap. Lack of songs is a glaring omission. Sure, rest of the game looks great, but for those 2 reasons Im not buying. They address those issues, I probably would.

Stern has sort of responded, we think, but no way they would have done so without the criticism.

#1561 6 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

So the groot hands move with the songs?

I heard they were meant to move but Stern wouldn't pay the extra royalties to Disney.

#1564 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

agreed. However hard to tell with you from your previous posts. You seem to be very anti GOTG.

Not at all. The "joke" was mostly about the crap these companies have to go through with licensors such as Disney. And a little bit about Stern cost cutting. I thought the ridiculousness of it would make it clear it was a joke.

In all honesty, the game looks fantastic. Having owned (and loved) Iron Man and Metallica, my instant thought was the layout is a little too familiar. But if you haven't or don't own those 2, that's not a concern. The art is fantastic, the sculpted toys are great. I personally love the look of Groot and even his (non moving ) hands. Some good ball interaction with the magnets, kickback, Groot ball lock. We'll see how it plays soon. Obviously we have yet to see the animations. The lack of soundtrack music was a big disappointment for me, but the armour is not really a deal breaker (I hated GBLE at first, but it grew on me).

I'm now super picky about all new releases because I've got no more room, and I'm really happy with my current collection. If I had room for a few more games, I would probably already have ordered GOTGLE.

The other thing is I'm a grumpy B66le owner who has waited 12 months for beta code. I'm a bit jaded with Sterns code support at the moment, and have decided I'm waiting until games are finished before I pass judgment on whether or not they're good. Since I've owned games with a similar layout to GOTG, code, sound and animations become more important. If these are nothing special, then why would I buy a game with the same layout as something I've already had?

#1568 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Ding Ding Ding!
Nail on the head. This I feel is a huge reason people try real hard not to like something new that is coming out. Yes sure money is a factor but over money is a collectors biggest problem and that is space. Most people have to chop a game of there line up. Most collectors by now do not have games in there collection that they think is just OK. Usually at this point they have filled there spaces with games they love. Since they have no more room they are overly judgemental on these new titles. Most of the time unfairly so.

Not unfairly. The issues are real. But how important they are depends on whether I'm looking to buy. I'll admit I'm looking for reasons not to buy this. Doesn't mean I don't like it, just means my threshold for what makes the game a must have is much higher.

#1637 6 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

While on the RGB premium/LE PF topic
I am Guessing here but the pic’s and current videos “might” be prototype’s using Pro PF’s I didn’t think that stern would actually show off a numbered LE previously they had prototypes of LE’s for testing, did any notice SDTM Unpopulated PF picture looks like clear inserts; but again it may just be a earlier render of the PF? & the Thumb nail from YouTube. Enjoy

One good side effect of clear inserts is they hide ghosting. Combined with black outlines as we have here, ghosting problems solved.

Just looking at that pic, it doesn't look like there's an up-post to divert the ball into the pops. Maybe a controllable gate?

#1683 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I love the bright turquoise trim around the backbox.

Isn't that just the "Painters Tape"?

#1876 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

On the Stern of the Union when they mentioned that the game will have pop songs in it, did they clarify that it came from the film? It was kind of weird to label them simply as "pop songs" and not "songs from the film." I would doubt that they would be using songs that don't have anything to do with the license, but found the wording strange.

Thought exactly the same. Might just be them covering themselves because they havent actually signed off on the license yet.

#2150 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Walkman in Groot's hand...

Already been done:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-is-here/page/29#post-4054813

Pm me for pricing. No just kidding.

IMG_9532 (resized).JPGIMG_9532 (resized).JPG

#2151 6 years ago

Still think the right scoop should have been the Walkman. Shoot it and you can change song etc. Some modes build up the track list from a couple of "pop songs" to the full track list. Anyway. I'm sure the game still rocks and looking forward to playing it.

#2357 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

It makes a big difference. You can only see the Joker laughing in the same clip so many times...

That's the problem with B66 - most people made up their mind after playing pre-beta code from a few months ago.

#2446 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

http://www.twitch.tv/pinballundesirables
However, Dead Flip will be doing the first gameplay reveal TONIGHT in 20m at
http://www.twitch.tv/dead_flip

Your new "best game ever"?

#2452 6 years ago

Looks like fun. I cant see what is really going to differ gameplay wise with the Prem/LE. 3 magnets instead of 1...meh. RGB inserts...meh. Opening orb....meh. It really is looking like a Pro on this. First time I've ever said that.

#2469 6 years ago

And the code waiting game starts again. Why bother. All you have is a DECK at the moment. Nothing more.

#2477 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Sounds more like shop talk to me...not hating on DF but everyone I've spoken to that's played it has said there's no callouts yet. It's not just disabled for the stream.

Yeh....translation from Stern Speak "call-outs aren't yet in the code". Disabled from stream .lol. Is there a new setting in Spike...."Disable Call Outs, Yes/No"

#2483 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

It's here and the code is horrible on release. Makes x-men release code look good.

Holy crap. Already. May as well leave it in the box.

#2485 6 years ago

Who's the young guy killing it on the stream?

#2495 6 years ago

Layout looks like it plays well. Nothing revolutionary, but solid. So there's that.

#2552 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

but verification from that person that got theirs already is needed

Was verified as .65

#2787 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Seems that way from the many folks I've spoken to

Would explain a lot.

Same situation as B66 which was switched for Aerosmith at the last minute for the Stern Anniversary. As a result B66 was literally a box of lights and AS was all but finished.

Also, the recent Franchi interview sees to indicate GOTG wasn't ready at Expo because they feared another B66 situation. So as recently as mid October, it was barely flipable.

Edit: taz read my mind. lol

#3001 6 years ago

Omg. I think everyone needs to take a chill pill.

#3110 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Plus the IAPPA reviews were pretty good, which I cannot believe now that I have one.

This is why people get annoyed at the "praise new Stern games at any cost, everything is awesome" mentality of most fanboys. Many of us have no way of playing a new Stern for months after it's released. In Australia we have no way of playing a game if we want an LE. So we're left with either watching a Dead Flip stream, or reading reviews of people who have played it. You can only see so much of a game from a Dead Flip stream, and the commentary is completely biased (and justifiably so).

So the only other way to judge is from reports of people who have actually played it. In this instance fanboy blind praise is useless, even detrimental, and needs to be ignored. But you need to know who is a fanboy, and who isn't. Unless you've been on Pinside for a while, that may not be clear.

In reality, the only true way to decide is to play it in 12 months after release. It's why I've all but given up on LE's - it's just too much of a risk. Contrary to fanboys, not all games will be good after code is done. It's a lottery.

#3600 6 years ago

IMG_9647 (resized).JPGIMG_9647 (resized).JPG

#3601 6 years ago

Going to play a pro for the first time tomorrow. Looking forward to it. Got a feeling I'll love the layout (as I love Borg games) and art (duh), but be underwhelmed by ruleset, mostly because I've already got AS. Call outs aren't a big deal unless you've watched the movie 10 times and know them backwards.

#3779 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Should probably post this in the owner thread,but anyone notice the bottom of the PF appears to have a layer of clear on it too? The top looks amazing and the cab is perfect, but never seen gloss on the underside before.
Fit and finish appears to be back on track with this release...

Bottom clear has happened since b66, at least my b66 and AS has it.

#3790 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Recent rumor is TWDVe with spinner and bombs and comic art.

I thought that was just a wishlist, not a rumour based on anything.

Though wishlists and rumours are mostly the same anyway.

#3799 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I agree. I am killing myself with the thought that I would possibly pay the current NIB prices if they make it happen.
I honestly believed the rumor due to the source, but was still skeptical. The new code drop actually got me excited that it was a real possibility.

I'd miss Bicycle Girl ramp more than a spinner, but comic book art......drool. Just give me the whole Premium with comic book and I'd sell my existing Premium to get one.

#3877 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

700K vs 20Million. That's a 19,300,000.00 difference.
19 million gives you a bigger budget to build.
LTG : )

Surely Stern would have to budget at least 2000 units. Let's say average sell at retail of $6000 = $12m.

That's the same as 600000 * $20 toys.

Can't comment on $20 toy margins vs Stern margins, but the licensing budgets of either shouldn't be too far apart.

3 weeks later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 25.00
$ 22.50
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooked71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-is-here?tu=cooked71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.