50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bobukcat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#739 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

That's great but for at home (which is the main market) it will look and play just like my met or most other stern pins for that matter.

If it plays like MET that's perfect for people who don't like MET the band but enjoy the gameplay (is there anyone who doesn't think MET is a great playing game, never mind - of course there is) and like superheroes.

#764 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Unfortunately i doubt it will be the coded masterpiece met is.

Valid point!

#1134 6 years ago

Man, Taser-face really got screwed, I don't see him on there at all!

4 months later
#4229 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I don't care about the actors or voice actors. That has no bearing on the actual gameplay. What is super annoying is that the game NEVER FREAKING SHUTS UP. You start a mode and it's constant movie quotes that are independent of what you're doing. It's so unbelievably lazy and sloppy. But that's still not the main issue, that's just an annoyance. The real problem is that the scoring is wildly imbalanced and it plays super long. For a game that plays long, balance is very, very important, because you need variety. As it is now, the game lacks any dynamic feel. Shoot Groot. Do it again. Again. Again. Even in multiball, do it again!
Stuff can be improved, but they've ignored some glaring issues and that's fair cause to worry.

Actually in the new code you really need to shoot the orb if you want big points.

#4231 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

ORB is a fun shot!

It is definitely a good risk / reward shot! I took pinstadium suggestion and turned off the mode start at launch and leveled the game out a little more (I had the bubble jammed against the top of the tube) and it definitely changes things. I'm still well over 7 degrees but I get a lot fewer org magnet flings out the left outlane now, I think it is because the ball is travelling a little slower coming out of the orb release and gets stabilized by the magnet more. I have the Pro though so the Prem / LE may still fling it more. I just picked mine up last week but so far it's a lot more fun than I thought it was when it first came out. cleland sound work certainly helps a lot too!

#4235 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

I wonder how many people actually feel that way. I personally like being able to select my mode and start it off of the plunge. I don't recall this being complained heavily about in Aerosmith, KISS, AC/DC, Star Trek, Mustang, etc. all of which allow mode start right off of the plunge and yet GOTG is getting all this animosity?
In fact, requiring you to do too much to start a mode has historically more often been ripped apart by pinside and it's apparent effect on the play style feeling like chopping wood, i.e. Transformers, Xmen, Spider-Man, etc.
I guess it's at least nice to have the option and customize the game to your own liking...

My guess is that the better player you are the more you want the mode start disabled, casual players will struggle to get a mode started and many wouldn't even figure out how they are supposed to start one.

#4238 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Personally I think it more relates to what else there is to do in the game - -games like TSPP, LOTR, GOT, etc. you have to build up and earn that mode start but there's lots of other things to do along the way like building playfield multipliers, shot multipliers, getting multiballs set-up, etc. GOTG just doesnt fell like it has many options during non-mode gameplay (rocket 2X scoring, shot multipliers, and the 2 MBs) as compared to many other modern pins .

Yes, I was speaking strictly about GOTG. I bet that when my wife and other non-serious players play it now that I've turned the option off they will not like it as much. Sure you can still shoot Groot and the Orb shot is fun and satisfying but nothing else really does much. Not sure how that compares to AS because I've not played it that much.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bobukcat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-is-here?tu=bobukcat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.