2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,260 posts
  • 503 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Mnluz
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 392 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CDC61D8B-FD6A-4D64-A69E-01294E9E947B (resized).png
ED493CEB-E58E-4946-97C9-FCCE99E36547 (resized).jpeg
F119E176-AD5E-4740-8FF9-BD0F26A2515A (resized).jpeg
61CCCECE-2607-4D17-96C7-E30F907A1F0D (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
Jam (resized).png
2A4B0C7A-AF2B-44C4-A323-A95C678D5DC6 (resized).jpeg
50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blacksun.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#125 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

This -> is the 80's Stern logo...
Anyone else notice the Casio calculator watch the guy drilling random holes in the PF was wearing?

Not only the Casio Watch but the Namco/Bandi shirt.... lol

#178 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

The LE has no compelling argument anymore. The price hike is not even remotely justified.

If they make it like TRON LE it will.....

#211 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

I hope Thanos is in the game. Really liking what little pieces of the playfield we are seeing so far. It seems to capture the feel of the movie, which is summed up in one word: FUN! If the game delivers, I am definitely a buyer. Thanos purple armor, here I come!

He is, You can see his hand on his chair in one of the quick changing frames....

#227 2 years ago

57691451 (resized).jpg

#656 2 years ago

Is there any word on ship date yet?

#667 2 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

IMO, the premium with purple armor matching the backbox would look better than the LE with that gold.

TOTALLY agree... NOT digging the gold trim at all....

I think the Pre looks WAY better imo. I may change my LE to Pre....

#1032 2 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

if ever they could code the sound package with letting us the availability to replace some music game with original songs. that would be great as one of the GOTG movie success is its original soundtrack.

Agree, just like Metallica you can replace the songs...

#1130 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Stern is smart if they can get these shipping this month and making this a holiday gift idea for a lot of collectors, still would have been smart to show something at expo I think, but oh well see what happens.

I was told when I ordered my LE the Pro’s are currently on the production line and will be shipping as soon as 2 weeks. Premiums will be end of Nov or first week of Dec and LE’s end of Dec...

#1133 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Switch your Le and premium time frame.

That would be nice to get it end of this month!!! Although not too crazy about the gold legs.

#1361 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Not a fan of the gold trim on the LE but it does have a mirrored backglass and they do look 100x better than translites.

That's the main reason why I ordered the LE, I will probably be replacing the ugly gold with a different color. I will wait until I get it in hand to see what it looks like in person.

I was told you cannot purchase that mirrored trans either. If you need to replace it at some point you have to prove you own an LE and send in your old LE backglass and if it's broken you have to send in the pieces....

Hopefully I will get mine soon as I ordered really early and requested a low number as well...

#1367 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I can't imagine paying the insane LE price and then paying extra for NEW trim...just on principal.

I guess it will depend on how much the gold bugs me... lol

#1699 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Well.
All those 'Stern are listening posts' and it turns out the laser armor is an expensive add on to an already expensive LE...
And are they listening to the lack of songs or is it more the case that initial pre-order sales are pretty poor?
I am guessing based on anecdotal info here and the high prices in Canada, Australia, Europe that games are not shifting like they used to.
This is the factor that has probably led to some songs being added to the game.

#1700 2 years ago

Yep. Voice your concern on the Facebook post. It does appear they are listening... hopefullymif enough people respond they will make a change...

15B73433-2FDC-4635-AA9A-A84EC3E9B018 (resized).jpeg

#1726 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Yeah I assumed those were going to LE buyers for sure as they do look really good compared to just the gold.

#2039 2 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

I wanted to announce that for the GOTG owners to be that we have just officially announced the official plug and play Pin Stadium kit with the optional GI module and UV+Glow flasher feature. This playfield is going to be very UV reactive and its going to really ignite and come alive. For those of you who are interested in ordering or if you have any questions please email me at scott@pinstadium.com Several have already placed their orders so just posting this up here to let others know that they are now available.
Gameplay videos and along with before and afters with the Pin Stadium installed on the GOTG will be posted up very shortly!

Ordered mine, If you are in the fence I would get your order in now! These are AWESOME and Scott is incredible to work with!

1 week later
#2437 1 year ago
Quoted from j_m_:

not wanting to be a "debbie downer" (I do like the playfield layout so far), but is it just me, or does the topper scream unimaginative and cash grab? (especially if stern attempts to charge $350-400 for it

it looks like starlord's eyes will do the obligatory [light up]

I don't mind it but not diggin how it says "Guardians"... As others have stated the title is everywhere already...

Hopefully someone will make a better version

#2767 1 year ago

Yeah, Thanks for the unboxing, setup and play waspinat0r!

Really enjoyed watching it this afternoon.

#3106 1 year ago
Quoted from libtech:

Its obvious they just released it early to cash in on the holiday rush.

I don't think Stern released to cash in on the buzz of the holiday rush but it is definitely possible Stern released to make their Q4/2017 projections. Especially if Batman and Star Wars under performed. Who knows, I haven't gotten my LE yet but I am looking forward to getting early/this year even with unfinished code for now.

I have faith they will release updates and all will be good...

#3241 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Any word on when LEs go on the line?

They are currently on the line now from what I was told...

#3328 1 year ago

Wasp, You mentioned on your twitch cast one of the voices sounded like Bender from Futurerama?

John DiMaggio is that voice and he has worked on voices on the Guardians of the Galaxy Cartoon...

btw - the cartoon voices kinda suck too.... Took awhile to get used to them after seeing the movies.

1 week later
#3892 1 year ago

I personally like the ECC Groot....

187ff2ab338beff72fe113abb92ec8ef (resized).jpg

#3898 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Well my Star Wars LE blows away GOTG and I would sell my GOTG way before my SW LE. I think you need to get some more time on SW. It is an awesome game, GOTG is a good game but Star Wars is a fantastic game!

Comparing a SWLE to a GOTG pro I would think is a bit of a disadvantage. With LE’s shipping next week I would be curious to see people’s opinions.

Can’t wait to get mine on Tuesday!

#3928 1 year ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Can someone talk me out of buying a GOTC Prem? My entire family loves the movie/theme, and I like what I've read on here so far. But the code doesn't sound acceptable, and I hate to reinforce Stern's behavior of shipping out barely beta code...yet it would be an awesome surprise for Christmas. Someone talk some sense into me Also, could someone PM me their best price if you called a few distributors? Thanks!!

Just do it, This is destined to be a great game even if it has been shipped with barebones code. Seems they are releasing code updates weekly now...

I ordered my LE from Cointaker and Melissa has been wonderful from the start! 2nd NIB from them. I bug that poor woman almost daily for updates and she had been nothing but helpful......

#3966 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Does anyone know when LEs will start to ship?

Supposedly picking my LE tomorrow barring any last minutes changes again. Planning on doing a live stream unboxing... Will update when confirmed...

I was told premiums are slated to ship end of Dec early Jan...

#3973 1 year ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Supposedly picking my LE tomorrow barring any last minutes changes again. Planning on doing a live stream unboxing... Will update when confirmed...
I was told premiums are slated to ship end of Dec early Jan...

Uggg pushed until Friday now.............................................

#4016 1 year ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

My recommendation would be to call CoinTaker, Melissa/Chris will take care of you.
As for the game itself, i really liked it and looking forward for the code to mature.

Agree, That is where I ordered my GOTGLE from and my Metallica Premium. Melissa has been great!

#4037 1 year ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I wonder how badly it under performed? I just can't see Stern changing their mind on the license if it was selling as expected. It is really great for the pin but there is no excuse for the way they launched it. Hopefully they make changes in licensing and marketing going forward.

I don't think it is under performing. It may be that Stern has had this planned all along and are saying they are listening to the community...

You just can't license songs, write updated code/modes in 2-3 weeks... This is all part of a greater plan imo.

#4061 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Hmmm ... I’d say a good score would be 694,187,300. Give or take.
rd

I disagree, I think 695m is a good score... He needs to try harder... LOL

Great score btw

#4096 1 year ago
Quoted from NintenBear:

Well, even though there is a lot of negativity, I just ordered a limited edition. I really have enjoyed the pro that I’ve played on location.

Its a great game and the LE is beautiful!

#4154 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I get a page not available message now. Been taken taken down.
Edit: maybe this will work -
http://sternpinball.com/service-bulletins/service-bulletin-191-metal-bracket-protector

Service Bulletin #191
December 29, 2017
Guardians of the Galaxy
Metal Bracket Protector 535-1850-00

Update is for early production Guardians of the Galaxy Pro games only (prior to serial number 275330)
If your game is missing the Metal Bracket Protector, contact Stern Pinball Inc. at 1-800-KICKERS or
Parts.Service@sternpinball.com to receive service kit 535-1850-00.
All customers located outside of the US should contact their distributor.

Explanation:
In this game, Plastic #12 located just above the single
drop target is exposed to ball hits caused by a rising
drop target.

Procedure:
Installation of the Bracket Protector
1. Locate and remove the Phillips head screw
securing the front left corner of Plastic #12.
2. Install the metal bracket protector under Plastic #12
making sure the right side of the bracket extends over
the right flat rail. Align the hole in the left side of the
bracket with the hole in Plastic #12.
3. Use the screw removed in Step 1 to secure Plastic
#12 and the metal protector bracket to the post.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 149.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 12.99
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blacksun.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside