2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,260 posts
  • 503 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Mnluz
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 392 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CDC61D8B-FD6A-4D64-A69E-01294E9E947B (resized).png
ED493CEB-E58E-4946-97C9-FCCE99E36547 (resized).jpeg
F119E176-AD5E-4740-8FF9-BD0F26A2515A (resized).jpeg
61CCCECE-2607-4D17-96C7-E30F907A1F0D (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
Jam (resized).png
2A4B0C7A-AF2B-44C4-A323-A95C678D5DC6 (resized).jpeg
50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider black_knight.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1294 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Stop taking away gameplay features. That sucks.

Well that's the problem you will never resolve. Stern sees it the opposite way - They are adding gameplay features to the Premiums. Just like the upper playfields for GOT and Aero.

As someone pointed out earlier, you can never make a $ for $ comparison, as these don't add up to the added price. It's all about packaging and getting people to upgrade. If it didn't make $ they wouldn't do it, and the coding changes could be very small, especially if it was planned for at the beginning.

#1323 2 years ago

I've been ripping the spinner on my Aero Pro for the last 10 minutes.

This must be a great machine if the only thing people can bitch about is Stern's Pro vs. Premium strategy!

#1760 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Skb hit the nail on the head with Lonnie
I’m afraid he’s right, GOTG will just be another cookie cutter version of AS code which is a cookie cutter version of Kiss code

How is this any different for AC/DC or Met or any number of others? Pick your mode get through them get some multi ball or other mini wizard mode.

Am I missing why those two are loved so much but AS kiss and presumably gotg are disliked because if it?

#1765 2 years ago

I still don't get it Jar. The diffs betwen AC/DC and AS are very minor in the big scheme of things. It's still pick your song and the shot combos to complete are different among the modes.

I'm with you on straight forward rules though. I didn't like GOT because knowing the comex rules and strategy was way more important than playing skills. Got a SW on order to give it some time but it might be too complex style too.

I don't mind tracking 2-3 objectives at once but I can't think in 5 dimensions very long.

#1771 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well Jar is right I think. The differences between the two aren’t minor

My comment was really just about the modes / code theory not anything else like layout or shots.

Pick a mode/song and complete a combo of shots to increase jackpot/ payout value. Rock out to great music. Rince and repeat several times, get a wizard mode. And they are very very similar in that respect.

I'm not complaining at all just an observation. I've spent the last hour testing my theory...

image (resized).jpg

1 week later
#2287 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Today we have better development environments, better software, and better overall resources. Williams didn't need 2-3 years to finish a game, and they were all very unique. I'm legit bothered at the lack of ambition by anybody here.

You are right there are better tools today, but the rules are more complex, LED lighting is more complicated, and display integration is better.

Net net, it takes significantly more effort to deliver the software today than it did in Williams' time.

#2304 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

That's all I really have to say on that. Keep making excuses for Stern and giving them a pass though. That will make them REALLY start to push themselves and get creative.

I wasn’t making any excuses just an observation. There is a lot more software work in a machine today than there was 20 years ago. If you can’t admit that then you are just being a hater.

It wasn’t harder back then just different. There were different problems to solve with different tools.

As technology gets better it doesn’t always get easier, because you start talking more difficult problems.

As far as video quality goes, it will evolve just like the dmds did. I know my TWD has great dots compared to my Checkpoint.

#2606 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

why not hear them?

If you were Gary, would you open up a forum that would mirror Pinside feedback? That's what you'd get if you opened up a real feedback forum.

All the bitching moaning and complaining that goes on here - it's not productive at all - even the 'real' feedback.

Gary talks to distributors, that's who he sells to. There is plenty of player feedback out there for the team if they want it.

There is as much hubris here, if not more, as there is in Gary's office.

#2863 2 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Out of curiosity, when was the last time they actually released a game with complete code (not counting minor updates)?

Aerosmith was pretty close. I couldn't tell a difference from ship date to the current release, 1.03.

#3243 2 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Honestly I would expect to see code within the next few days.

I love new guys on Pinside, so cute and innocent.

(just busting your balls since you aren't flipping machines these days)

#3258 2 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Being completely honest I'm surprised Stern hasn't reached out and said anything at all about it yet.

There you go being cute again.

When you’ve been here for a few releases you will stop being surprised.

#3304 2 years ago

randomkg just bought a machine. Maybe he’ll do a custom sound package and save this for Stern.

#3822 2 years ago

I still don’t get the lazy comments. Every time I start AC/DC Met Star Trek GOT or Kiss I select a mode to start.

Why are Aero and GOTG singles out for this design concept?

Of course they all react differently but at the base level they very very similar.

#3824 2 years ago

You are right shouldn’t have included Met but I think the others hold.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider black_knight.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside