50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ahdelarge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1966 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Don’t forget, 10 more days!!

I can't wait for gameplay footage for this game.

On the surface - it's not as original in design as Jersey Jack's Pirates of the Caribbean with all those unique toys and mechs...but it could be fun as hell to play. For reference, Borg's other greats like Iron Man, Tron and the Walking Dead.

I bought WoZ and the Walking Dead a few months apart. I thought WoZ was a breath of fresh air when it arrived, but almost 12 months later I always gravitate to the brutal fast game of the Walking Dead. Borg just keeps pulling me back in. Guardians of the Galaxy has this potential. Hopefully it has the code to match.

#2091 6 years ago

Keep checking back for more gameplay footage. I haven't been excited like this for a pinball machine in a while.

#2123 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

As would a lot of them. Personally I will be happy with a tastefully done bootleg ROM done with Pinball Browser. The one in my Ironman VE is awesome with only a few changes. Just having Shoot to Thrill would have been enough to make me happy. The STLE one is great too. Not to mention you can pick your own songs if you know what you are doing.

When AC/DC was released, I would sing the praise of the jukebox concept over and over again. It was the greatest game I'd ever owned and you could pick a whole song out of a list of 12 classic AC/DC tracks for variety....then Metallica was released. My favourite band from high school.

Fast forward 4 years of ownership....go to play a game. Despite the variety in songs, it now seems like a chore listening to those tracks even though i still love the songs. In the case of Guardians of the Galaxy, I'm probably a bit younger than most hobbyists (?) and those songs have no connection to me whatsoever and the majority of the soundtrack music doesn't seem like they would fit into a game of fast pinball. Maybe snippets during multiball might be ok, but personally they'd get old fast if it was jukebox style. I like how Tron had some memorable soundtrack music, but also original pinball tracks in the same style. I think a happy medium with Guardians will be fine. Did 90s pinball machines suffer due to lack of movie soundtrack songs?

#2128 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Plenty of DE games had licensed music. Lethal Weapon 3 had C&C Music Factory & some others. I think Last Action Hero had AC/DC and some others. Apollo 13 had Spirit in the Sky. Getaway had ZZ Top. Twilight Zone has then Golden Earring song of the same name. Most movie pins had the score music from the movie it was based on. So, in that sense GOTG having songs from the movie wouldn't be out of the ordinary - movie sound is part of a movie's character, and the songs in GOTG are a massive part of the movie's personality and DNA.

Sorry, I should have been more clear...I don't expect a game to have a full selectable jukebox style audio track in the game unless it's a music themed band pin. If they have parts of two popular "pop" songs from the movies during multiball, I would be happy. But that's just me.

2 weeks later
#3382 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Was rumored to be working on Pulp Fiction for a long time but apparently there was a license issue. From what was rumored he has a layout ready though so stern needs to find him something to apply it too.

Noooooo.....well, I have no space for new pins, so this will give me time to think....and now Guardians is off the want list for the time being.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.50
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

6,495 (Firm)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ahdelarge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-is-here?tu=ahdelarge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.