50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Wolfmarsh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#163 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Who is this 'we' you're talking about? I don't really care about any of those things.

Agreed, I don't want any of those things, they don't matter to me.

#341 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

High rez pics anyone? Hard to really see much but I dig the style from what I can see so far.

Haven't seen them show up yet anywhere.... can't wait to see the playfield in high res.

#365 6 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

Honestly, I just wish Stern would release their own promo video. I'd rather get a first look with a clean cut video package than just a reveal stream. And this is coming from a partnered Twitch streamer.

Naw, I love the Dead Flip streams of the new games. You get to see it in the same environment that you would at a bar or a friends house, people having fun.

I don't need a sanitized marketing video, I want actual people enjoying the game (or not).

#701 6 years ago

Game looks great. Really looking forward to playing it in person.

#723 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm usually a Premium guy....but I could totally see just going Pro on this one if I were to play it & like it enough to buy it. We'll see!

My thinking exactly. I need to get 50 games on one and then see if I want to make this my first NIB. My wife immediately jumped on board.

#894 6 years ago

Groot is supposed to be big, everything about this is great. I wish there were some stuff from the second movie, but this is a great package so far.

Have I mentioned I'm excited?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#915 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I should mention, I think Franchi crushed it, the artwork is phenomenal
Stern has some awesome talent in that dept for sure

Agreed, I really like the art. Well done.

#1030 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I doubt one person on this forum could recognize the Guardians score if they heard it. There's no emotional attachment. It's not like Star Wars.

I think you are wrong here, because I know I can personally identify the scores from the majority of marvel movies, especially avengers and guardians.

Marvel is my star wars, I don't actually think star wars is as fantastic as everyone makes it out to be.

#1042 6 years ago

Scores from the movies and tv shows.

#1073 6 years ago

Gorilla-Man.

PS - Not really, but I did do a double take to see if they were just making a Marvel joke.

#1085 6 years ago

Movie spoilers, but CinemaSins just posted "everything wrong with GotG2"

#1096 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm sorry, but the gold trim on the LE is FUGLY!!!

I wish for the LE they had done a Milano themed cabinet/armor.

#1124 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Pro looks promising; now its all about the code and use of movie video. I do with it covered both movies; more for purposes of LCD content than needing more playfield content.

Yeah, I'm feeling the Pro. If I put 50 games on it and love it, I might make it my first NIB. It's gotta really grab me though gameplay wise, there are a bunch of games less than $5k that I haven't owned.

#1140 6 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

The Milano is blue and orange in the movies. Star-Lord even says so during the Kyln escape. Only gold on its exterior was in the artist's rendering shown a page or two ago.

This!

It might look slightly gold in that pic I posted but it's orange. Blue/Orange would have been a great color scheme I think for the Armor. Maybe something for me to do if I actually pick up this game.

#1146 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I'd bet a small fortune that it won't "really grab" you.

You might be right. They haven't gotten me to open my wallet yet.

#1168 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Does anyone know if Rocket is actually a small rodent that runs around inside the playfield? Does the game come with food and litter?

This is a clear cost cutting move by Stern to not include an actual genetically engineered raccoon in every game.

#1214 6 years ago

We are Groot.

#1236 6 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Love the game so far but not sure how long I can deal with all these "I am Groot" / "We are Groot" posts. That's getting old pretty quick.

We are Groot. Except for pipes. pipes must be Kree. j/k

#1257 6 years ago

For better or worse, the Good-Better-Best model of sales is really popular right now, not just in pinball.

It's pretty standard to position offerings that way. Not saying I think it's perfect within pinball, just saying that it's pretty normal these days.

#1360 6 years ago

Little bit of rocket and groot history popped up on imgur today:

https://imgur.com/gallery/eYK17

#1370 6 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Id love to do the trim in the color changing purple blue powdercoat i do.

Is it possible to do orange/blue color changing?

#1373 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yes you could change the color yourself but Stern wouldn’t for you of course.

I'm asking him if he can do the special color changing powdercoat with orange/blue instead of purple/blue as shown in his pic.

#1376 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Oh ok my bad. This game will look good when people start powder coating the armor for sure.

I could have worded my question better.

Looks like it isn't possible anyway.

Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Orange and blue can't really be done cause the mesh will be a shade of green.

Makes sense. The nebula look is still very cool.

#1503 6 years ago

Saw the new Thor movie earlier today, it's a great addition to the MCU.

Got me completely and totally psyched for the Guardians pin, even more than I already was.

#1535 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's friday and time to get lit up.

I'm way ahead of you.

All aboard the hype train, choo choo!

#1716 6 years ago

No shame in giving your partner exactly what they want, especially in a huge expensive luxury item.

It's a family purchase, everyone should be able to get something they want out of it.

#1825 6 years ago

How does it work with digital actors like Rocket and Groot? Would Vin Diesel and Bradley Cooper have to sign off on having film clips of Rocket and Groot on the screen? Not talking about audio, just video clips.

I think I gather from all the other licensing talk that for someone like Starlord to be on screen, Chris Pratt would have to sign off on it. Does anyone know how that works with CGI actors? Is it just Disney that has to sign off on it?

#1856 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I just watched it a day or two ago as well, and had the same thought about the groot scream and groot/rocket yelling...Im also looking forward to this on the lcd...

Yessss!!!!!!

#1894 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I have to push it off of a roof in 10 years because of Spike 2

You won't have to.

#1987 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Its almost like those Hollywood guys use psychology on us (I'm sure they do).

What? Hollywood would never just use characters for the cute aspect.......

j/k, of course they would, lol. Exhibit A: the new Porgs in star wars:

#1990 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Please put that exhibit away, you’re making me anxious about the new Star Wars ...

Don't forget the lesson Spaceballs taught us....

#1996 6 years ago

Wow, that's pretty cool!

#2014 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

It will be here in Orlando all next week at IAAPA and FPF.

I'm pretty sure HighProtein is planning to post some info about it from IAAPA.

#2023 6 years ago

Pin2k had a much higher chance of being a pile of junk.

I know spike scares people, but Stern didn't bottle up some mystical infinity stone in these things.

#2083 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I have both soundtracks and it's not on either.
What scene was it used in?

Look at your Vol. 1 closer.

#2115 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

No those won’t fit in with Come and get your love multiball!

If you wanna get with groot, you gotta get with my friends.

1 week later
#2438 6 years ago

I want to see a giant Milano topper.

#2591 6 years ago

Thanks for the stream Dead Flip!

It was cool to confirm that the layout is good. I just hope we see some movement on the code. I want to buy this game badly, but can’t until I see a complete package.

#3074 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Lol, I’ve never played Golden Tee believe it or not but I love a good golf video game. I would like to try it sometime to see how much I like it.

Golden Tee is a game where you see who can hit the control panel the hardest without breaking their wrist.

And loser of every third hole buys a round of shots.

#3078 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Is it any better than a good golf game on a console or a computer though? I know it’s very popular and I’m wondering why? I’ve seen people play it but never really paid any attention to it before. What’s the big attraction to it?

It's a decent game, I'm not super into golf games so I don't really have anything to compare it to console or PC wise.

I more enjoy the social aspect of it than the actual gameplay. I know some people who do take it seriously though and will only play at bars with the most current years game, etc...

#3124 6 years ago

I think this year Stern has been building out their ability to better manage code life cycle. They've made some good hires of competent people who can help right the ship as far as code goes, but it does take time.

I fear they have a lot of technical debt that needs to be worked through, which takes raw hours. Outsourcing could be an option, but it would require them to have the software dev process properly set up to realize any actual gains.

#3269 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

I'm downloading now.. it just says -initial release as the patch notes so expect nothing new, imo. But we'll see. 3.1g. Want me to stream it?

Uh yes, just gimme an hour or two to get the kids in bed.

#3428 6 years ago

Speaking of Guardians... The first trailer for Infinity War just dropped.

The Guardians show up at the end.

#3432 6 years ago

I can't wait. I've never been this excited over a movie.

One of my deep dark geek secrets is that I think Star Wars is just OK. It's cool and fun, but Marvel is to me what Star Wars is to a lot of other people.

#3516 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Just wanted to thank everyone for the laughs, the last 5 pages were hilarious.

Bobbity BO BO!

#3575 6 years ago

I'm listening to the call outs with pinball browser, they basically recorded the dialogue from the entire movie.

There are several variants of bobbiby bo bo, all are hilarious. I don't have a pinball browser license so I can't export them, but they are worth listening to. They are under Requests 849, 850, 853, 856.

#3619 6 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

respectfully I disagree, the "voice over" is awful, Its so bad I don't even find it remotely funny

I find bobbity bo to be hilarious, I pretty much agree with your assessment of the rest.

If I were Stern I wouldn't be paying the voice people until they rerecorded Ronan, Yondu, and some of the Rocket lines.

#3870 6 years ago

I got to play Guardians today! BadBrick and I went and checked it out. It was still on the pre-callout code 0.6whatever.

The game shoots and feels really nice. The artwork is fantastic. Christopher Franchi did a great job bringing it all to life. The ramps are super satisfying, and the Rocket kickback is thrilling/scary every time it fires. It comes back so fast! It's very reminiscent of the Yagov kickback on F-14.

Does the code need work, absolutely, but it still works really well even on this early code. If they keep improving the code like I hope they will, this is going to be a great game.

I was worried that playing it would completely disappoint me and turn me off from buying it, but that's so far from the case.

#3901 6 years ago

If I end up buying GotG I'm going to write my own superfan edition of the code using MPF.

Edit: Just to be clear I doubt I can do better than Stern, it would just be for fun. There are a lot of people on fiverr who can do impressions of actors though....

1 week later
#4029 6 years ago

I'm pretty excited about the new song additions! Keep on this path so I can buy the game in February.

1 week later
#4144 6 years ago

I think the shots on GotG are actually great as far as tightness and difficulty of making them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 25.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 19.95
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

6,495 (Firm)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Wolfmarsh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-is-here?tu=Wolfmarsh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.