50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinballmike217.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2001 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

So I guess anytime that I have questions or concerns about a product that instead of trying to find the answers to my questions, that I should “just not buy” that particular product? This doesn’t concern me enough to put me in the insane asylum or to derail my purchase of a spike system game, nor is it going to bury me financially in the event this happens but its definitely something worth trying to get answers for in my opinion. I’m confident enough though that there will be some very intelligent people out there to come up with solutions to repair these games down the road if Stern is not still in business.

You have nothing to worry about. Stern is making so many games now that there will always be an aftermarket industry to support it even if for any reason they are no longer in business. I had the same fears around the year 2000 when I started collecting and Bally Williams went belly up. Their product was so good the collector market would not allow the games to die. The same thing will repeat itself in the future if something happens to Stern. The cost of future repairs will be as negligible on Sterns then as it is on Bally Williams games now. The only potential problem might be some waiting for parts to get reproduced, same as it is now.

#2007 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

If we get documentation and if working on surface-mounted components becomes more common. Even then, those boards are not super friendly to poke around on. Right now there's no way for anybody to act as a third party without documentation. We need that first.
But yes, your point works out if a few conditions are met.

No sense worrying about ten years from now when we can enjoy what we have in the present. In the unlikely event Stern can no longer supply parts in the future there will always be the gifted few who can easily reverse engineer ten year old technology for those in need. Pinball is flourishing right now, not fading. There's no need to worry about the sky falling anytime soon.

#2017 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

It's not just 10 years from now that you should be worried about. It's after the game leaves the line and it's not being supported actively anymore. For now, warranties are covering most issues, but that certainly won't stay the case. It's as much of a short term issue as a long term one.

No, not really, Stern is still in business and as long as they are PARTS WILL BE AVAILABLE!!! Spike is brandy new and will be produced for many years to come. Just plunge the ball and enjoy!!!

#2026 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

the problem is, are they really making all the different versions of node boards? For how long? You think stern keeps tons of parts on hand for long term? they do not. For those that don't plan on being in this hobby for the next 5 years, or someone who goes through games like mcdonalds goes through employees, this is not a big deal. But some of us have been around for the past 20+ years and not liking the looks of this new disposable model, they are starting to make. It should be a concern now, so stern doesn't make the same mistake on the next board set that comes out.

That's like asking your wife how long she plans to stay married to you. Good luck with that. Stern is thriving. If they go out of business someone else will come up with a super duper one size fits all node board just like Alltek did with their classic Bally CPU's. Once again, go play some pinball and stop worrying.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,495 (Firm)
$ 22.50
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dow, IL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinballmike217.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-is-here?tu=Pinballmike217 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.