50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider John1210.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1010 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Stern isn't selling creativity. They're selling a licensed product. They're not assuming that every potential customer already has a Stern pinball, let alone a similar Borg game. Their market: People who like GOTG & want a pinball machine.
Also, we go through this every time a new game is revealed. Someone always says "this is a clone of that" ...but slight differences in geometry & rulesets go a long way to make a similar game play TOTALLY different. Case in point - Borg tweaked Austin Powers into Iron Man. They literally have the same exact ramps and a similar bash toy - yet no one thinks the games play anything alike. He also tweaked Space Jam into Stern NBA. They play nothing alike. So, GOTG looks a bit like Met and/or IM...but, I guarantee the rules will be NOTHING like those games. IM = the simple yet challenging 2010-era rules. Met = Radically unique Lyman Sheets rules ...from the looks of it, GOTG is going to have more of a traditional story mode based rule set.

Agree with some of your points but the reason we go through this every time is that it (Stern rehashing with phoned in layouts) happens every time. Can't blame people for being a bit over it.

#1648 6 years ago

Is the scoop a full scoop or the new crappy half cooked ones?

Also just thinking about mirror blades on a premium. Will Groots hands look silly mirrored? Like 4 hands? Think about it

1 week later
#2129 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's weird, you'd think this was a band pin.
I'm not buying this game, I already know that, so I have no horse in the race, but personally the more old songs they include the less appealing it gets. I don't want to listen to them over and over, give me actual pinball music instead.
People get all caught up in what they think things should be, but listening to a classic rock mixtape isn't the important thing about playing the game.

What they think it should be? Like the art for example Aurich? Maybe people should stick with the original art instead of buying crappy rehashes. The art or the music aren't important wouldn't you agree? Why complain with what you get.

#2229 6 years ago

GoT lightshow on prem and Le is quite impressive. Easily on par with ST if your talking full spectrum rbg across the game.

People see a few minutes gameplay and out come the wallets. Chill guys... if everyone holds off we will get more songs

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2321 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I got to say that the clear coat is looking good and the playfield looks solid
Oh so shiny....
» YouTube video

And so it should.

#2322 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You can’t be serious? This game is kick ass and is going to be a HUGE seller for Stern. A lot of people are saying that this game is better than JJP’s new POTC game. That is saying something there considering all the hype that game got and how beautiful it is. Everyone was hammering the last nail in Sterns coffin and look what they just did, they crushed it! People counted them out a little too early looks like! I guess you can’t please everybody but most pinheads are pretty excited about GOTG.

You're easily pleased.

3 months later
#4218 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

It’s on it way. By the time 1.0 is released it will climb its way into a nice spot.

Given Lonnie's more recent track record can we really expect this?

Think about it. You're expecting the game and theme integration will be at least on par with dwights 1.0 code on Star Wars. It simply isnt going to happen.
Aerosmith is cut paste and no code for ages
Kiss.... is a joke
ST needed saving and is still flawed

A lot of the problems i see on this game are unfixable and irreversible

#4221 6 years ago

The movie clips without voice and other voice actors for callouts is simply disgraceful. Something they could get away with dmd. But this era with the screen.... unacceptable. They needed to really spend that extra coin if needed with lisencing to at least get the sound with the clips.

#4223 6 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

i remember reading this about... TWD !
but OK, Lyman is Lyman

That’s like comparing apples to oranges. I’m just going on precedents. We only know what we know. Lonnie is no Lyman so this isn’t going to do a Met or twd. Any recent efforts with Lonnie involved have been less that satisfactory.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider John1210.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-is-here?tu=John1210 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.