1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 4,260 posts
  • 503 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by Mnluz
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 392 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CDC61D8B-FD6A-4D64-A69E-01294E9E947B (resized).png
ED493CEB-E58E-4946-97C9-FCCE99E36547 (resized).jpeg
F119E176-AD5E-4740-8FF9-BD0F26A2515A (resized).jpeg
61CCCECE-2607-4D17-96C7-E30F907A1F0D (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
Jam (resized).png
2A4B0C7A-AF2B-44C4-A323-A95C678D5DC6 (resized).jpeg
50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg

There are 4260 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 86.
#4051 1 year ago
Quoted from PinB:

What's a good score for playing on location? (default settings - 1 extra ball)

Hmmm ... I’d say a good score would be 694,187,300. Give or take.

rd

#4052 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

Ha! Funny. 150M is decent.

#4053 1 year ago

With every licensed song that Stern adds to this I like it less. They are just annoying as hell and terrible.

#4054 1 year ago

Pinball Browser man!

#4055 1 year ago
Quoted from davijc02:

With every licensed song that Stern adds to this I like it less. They are just annoying as hell and terrible.

With music there’s no pleasing everyone but I agree their song choices are... something else.

I’m glad to see they’re working on improving the game but deep down it almost feels like the new songs are a diversion &/or quick pittance for insufficient code or audio/video integration.

I keep taking the game on/off my wish list so I hope there’s something in the works!

#4056 1 year ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

wow, dude. calm down.
Most of the time I just skip over the "stern code sucks", "stern is cheap", "I refuse to be a tester", "stern is a cookie cutter factory" posts but this one was entertaining.
People get way to serious about this stuff, just don't buy it or drain the thread if it emotes this type of response. Probably isn't healthy for you.

Hilarious. I'm just making a comment. And yes my comments we're probably over the top but I really don't take this stuff that seriously. You gotta admit code has been poor for nib releases most of the time. (I get it, if you don't like it, don't buy it).
I own a GOTG pro and buy all Sterns. I'm not a hater of Stern, in fact it's just the opposite, I just want to see them step up their game for nib machines in terms of code. I still have SW but sold Batman for example.

I also own a GOT and i don;t remember the code being that much more advanced than SW. I mean it "had" the "video mode" installed earlier than SW but that just caused everyone to go apeshit

Okay I stand corrected. SW nib code is about the same as got which is great! GOTG's layout is a lot of fun, can't wait for more updates.

#4057 1 year ago
Quoted from PW79:

With music there’s no pleasing everyone but I agree their song choices are... something else.
I’m glad to see they’re working on improving the game but deep down it almost feels like the new songs are a diversion &/or quick pittance for insufficient code or audio/video integration.
I keep taking the game on/off my wish list so I hope there’s something in the works!

This is why I made the harsh comments! It's exactly what it felt like to me PW79, a diversion.
But I'm with you, I really hope something is in the works too. I sold my pro and I'm getting an LE. With killer code updates and Cleland doing the callouts, I really think this game will be a blast!

#4058 1 year ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

I don't think it is under performing. It may be that Stern has had this planned all along and are saying they are listening to the community...
You just can't license songs, write updated code/modes in 2-3 weeks... This is all part of a greater plan imo.

If they planned this then the marketing and licensing people need to be fired.

#4059 1 year ago

Stern told people at IAAPA there were going to be 4 songs, so that much for listening to the community. They just say that so people might think more will be added later I guess. Will not happen.

See this thread/post. It is mentioned multiple times in that thread by different people that there will be 4 songs.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iaapa-2017-guardians-of-the-galaxy#post-4073076

#4060 1 year ago

I feel in due time GOTG will progress as Batman 66 and Star Wars did ..

Actually I think Stern is going to move swiftly to make this game great .

Stern needs to put their best foot forward on GOTG and I believe they are aware of what the customer base is looking for .

We will see how it progresses over the next month or two ..

My 2 cents.

#4061 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

I disagree, I think 695m is a good score... He needs to try harder... LOL

Great score btw

#4062 1 year ago
Quoted from PinB:

What's a good score for playing on location?

That's a good score. The question is how far did you progress? The scoring does not seem balanced with progression.

Brian you need to do a run of T-Shirts with Yondu's face in center, I would buy one-take my money!

BOBO.jpg

#4063 1 year ago

Can someone with the know-how please send me the audio file (s) of the boboli-bo callouts, please? Just pm me. Thanks.

#4064 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I can only ever think of Dennis Miller's "Ain't No Dancefloor Wide Enough" bit when I hear this song.

For me, the song immediately reminds me of this scene from Stepmom ...

#4065 1 year ago

How are they going to incorporate those songs into gameplay though? The two songs in the game right now are just pasted in to play when nothing is going on.

#4066 1 year ago

Finally got to play a GOTG Pro tonight. It’s a beautiful game and a great shooting game but the code does need some work for sure. If the code gets better though, this game is going to be pure greatness!

#4067 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

If the code gets better

If my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle

#4068 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Finally got to play a GOTG Pro tonight. It’s a beautiful game and a great shooting game but the code does need some work for sure. If the code gets better though, this game is going to be pure greatness!

Very hard to say at this point that it will be pure greatness. XMEN eventually got much better, but it took YEARS and was not pure greatness at the end, it was just what I'd call "good".

Both are Borg titles. I think it's too soon to prognosticate the end, but GotG is off to a very poor start, and the two songs no one was asking for that they added did not help at all.

#4069 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Very hard to say at this point that it will be pure greatness. XMEN eventually got much better, but it took YEARS and was not pure greatness at the end, it was just what I'd call "good".
Both are Borg titles. I think it's too soon to prognosticate the end, but GotG is off to a very poor start, and the two songs no one was asking for that they added did not help at all.

I know, I said it “could” be pure greatness IF the code gets better. It’s not greatness right now for sure. It’s not bad though by any means, but I’d want the code to mature before I would buy it.

#4070 1 year ago

Yup, Stern are playing catch up on this title. The buzz has gone, doubt it is selling well, hence a few more songs.

Like other games, the code is going to make or break going forward.

I think that Stern have finally got the message that with the choices we now have from other manufacturers, they have to spend more time making sure their code is high quality.

Will keep watching their older games updates ( KISS, AS, GB etc ) as that is a good indicator for future titles.

The recent TWD code release gives me a little more hope

#4071 1 year ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Can someone with the know-how please send me the audio file (s) of the boboli-bo callouts, please? Just pm me. Thanks

I'd be in for this too...

#4072 1 year ago

there was a launch party tourney last night @ m-brew in ferndale, mi

unfortunately, the game broke down and was unrepairable (the coil to launch the balls in groot's mouth and start multi-ball appears to have fried) so the tourney was postponed and will need to be rescheduled

it's kind of sad that the machines are experiencing catastrophic failures this quickly. has anyone else experienced an issue like this?

#4073 1 year ago
Quoted from j_m_:

there was a launch party tourney last night @ m-brew in ferndale, mi
unfortunately, the game broke down and was unrepairable (the coil to launch the balls in groot's mouth and start multi-ball appears to have fried) so the tourney was postponed and will need to be rescheduled
it's kind of sad that the machines are experiencing catastrophic failures this quickly. has anyone else experienced an issue like this?

Ghostbusters Prem subway coil fried the first week we had it. It happens.

#4074 1 year ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I think alot of people passed due to the fact theres no voice clips from the film, I know I did.

I was really excited when it was announced, artwork revealed, and gameplay video was shown but when I heard the voice actors all the excitement left for me, still interested but not as much as before.

#4075 1 year ago

I heard it isn't selling great in Aus & other places, and reckon this is probably due to the poor launch of the game using bar bone code that was way too earlier, the hype has died off now and sure people are looking forward to other games with a bit more originality in shots - hopefully Stern learns to get the next games to a better launch state and then launch with a fairly complete look and feel

#4076 1 year ago

Someone has to have made a video of the premium or LE showing the magnets at work. I am very interested in this pin and having only seen the pro in action I am curious to see the rocket and magnet upgrades in action.

#4077 1 year ago

I'm still interested in playing it, but people I trust that have experience with it aren't giving me the best reports. I'm hoping that by the time I play it, the code will be in a better place.

#4078 1 year ago

Which one should I keep

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

#4079 1 year ago

any gameplay footage with latest code on a premium?

#4080 1 year ago

New code is up!

PRO V0.81 - December 21, 2017
=====================
- fixed a bug where the pops were still cycling shots during Sanctuary final shot.
- added sounds for Rampage Spell out, Spell out Complete to start Rampage Double Scoring.
- added sounds for Guardians Spell out, Spell out Complete to advance Bonus X.
- added sounds for Shot Multiplier Collected.
- added award sounds for Sibling Rivalry.
- added award sounds for Pod Chase.
- added award sounds for Sanctuary.
- "I Want You Back" music intro is now shorter.
- found an instance where Groot Multiball did not save progress properly, this has been fixed.
- optimized Bonus X Award to appear on the screen faster.
- added Guardian spell out sprite to the top of the background score display.
- balls didn't kick out of Groot if a ball was locked at game over during a tournament, i.e. the match effect did not run. This has been fixed.
- removed ducking from Orb Multiball Jackpot sound F/X.
- Antiquities Shop lightshow awards were not being shown, this has been fixed.
- lowered overall speech volume.
- speech no longer ducts Groot Multiball Jackpot sounds.
- changed game over music to "I Want You Back"
- added tune "Aint No Mountain High Enough" to post mode/multiball playlist.
- added tune "I Want You Back" to post mode/multiball playlist.
- added new Groot Jackpot, Groot Super Jackpot, Groot Double Jackpot, Groot Double Super Jackpot sound f/x.
- added Guardians Spell out Complete animation.
- changed Shot Multiplier Collected artwork images.
- fixed a problem where the Bonus X display effect was not ending which delayed other display effects from running and delayed ejects from kicking.
- Changed Groot entrance opto to "set valid playfield" instead of "add to valid playfield"
- fixed bonus lightshows to sync with bonus character awards.

#4081 1 year ago

LE/PRE V0.81 - December 21, 2017
=====================
- fixed a bug where the pops were still cycling shots during Sanctuary final shot.
- added sounds for Rampage Spell out, Spell out Complete to start Rampage Double Scoring.
- added sounds for Guardians Spell out, Spell out Complete to advance Bonus X.
- added sounds for Shot Multiplier Collected.
- added award sounds for Sibling Rivalry.
- added award sounds for Pod Chase.
- added award sounds for Sanctuary.
- "I Want You Back" music intro is now shorter.
- found an instance where Groot Multiball did not save progress properly, this has been fixed.
- optimized Bonus X Award to appear on the screen faster.
- added Guardian spell out sprite to the top of the background score display.
- balls didn't kick out of Groot if a ball was locked at game over during a tournament, i.e. the match effect did not run. This has been fixed.
- removed ducking from Orb Multiball Jackpot sound F/X.
- Antiquities Shop lightshow awards were not being shown, this has been fixed.
- lowered overall speech volume.
- lowered right spinner volume.
- speech no longer ducts Groot Multiball Jackpot sounds.
- changed game over music to "I Want You Back"
- added tune "Aint No Mountain High Enough" to post mode/multiball playlist.
- added tune "I Want You Back" to post mode/multiball playlist.
- added new Groot Jackpot, Groot Super Jackpot, Groot Double Jackpot, Groot Double Super Jackpot sound f/x.
- added Guardians Spell out Complete animation.
- changed Shot Multiplier Collected artwork images.
- fixed a problem where the Bonus X display effect was not ending which delayed other display effects from running and delayed ejects from kicking.
- the display wasn't showing the value of the spinner award on the first spin, this has been fixed.
- fixed a problem where spinner values were not resetting properly after a ball drain.
- fixed bonus lightshows to sync with bonus character awards.
- added lightshows for spinners.
- added threshold levels that increase spinner value.
- fixed a problem where an active spinner would prevent the other spinner from scoring/displaying awards.

#4082 1 year ago

Keep it going Stern!!!

#4083 1 year ago

It’s nice to see Stern working on the game but this update readme is sorta reminiscent of a 1990’s power point tutorial

“Add text, graphics & sounds”

If that F’n paperclip asks me if I need help on the LCD... I will lose it

83F7A5AF-7409-4949-BFA4-7AB5B7342787 (resized).jpeg

#4084 1 year ago

FB_IMG_1513902468448 (resized).jpg

#4085 1 year ago

Five more songs and this pin will qualify as a music pin! Go Stern!

#4086 1 year ago

I like how that by adding more than a single song (2 songs), they make it look like they are adding a ton w/ their bold "NEW SONGS!" inset and little mix tape cassette graphic

(a 4 song mix tape is really more of a sampler for someone that you like as a friend, not someone you really care about

#4087 1 year ago

Posted this over in the other thread too.

Video of 0.81 in action. Sorry, for the low sound. It seemed quite loud when taking the video.

#4088 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

LE/PRE V0.81 - December 21, 2017
=====================

Thanks for this fix, probably the most important part of the update.

#4089 1 year ago

LE #15 is here!

Countdown till Christmas morning to open!

IMG_0991.JPG

#4090 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

changed game over music to "I Want You Back"

LMFAO....close enough to what I said... priceless.

#4091 1 year ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

wow, dude. calm down.
Most of the time I just skip over the "stern code sucks", "stern is cheap", "I refuse to be a tester", "stern is a cookie cutter factory" posts but this one was entertaining.
People get way to serious about this stuff, just don't buy it or drain the thread if it emotes this type of response. Probably isn't healthy for you.
anyway 2 new songs, pretty cool.

You forgot « stern plagiarize their previous game »
Yeah..everybody knows that a stern game is worth been bought at least 1 year after the first production.

#4092 1 year ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

You forgot « stern plagiarize their previous game »
Yeah..everybody knows that a stern game is worth been bought at least 1 year after the first production.

that's what my cookie cutter comment was all about.
If they play different enough, then personally it wouldn't matter. Haven't spent much time on metallica, so I can't comment as per the similar feel it gives.
I know funhouse and tron are extremely similar in layout, but feel different enough that their are people who love both. They probably weren't freaking out the way they are with this game. Maybe they did, but it was before I was in pinball so.

Hey if it helps, think of it as a rethemed vault edition. Metallica was/is, a huge seller for stern. Why not go back in the vault and pull it out for another go? Makes sense from a business perspective.

pulled this from a google groups post

1079jeb (resized).jpg

#4093 1 year ago

Borg's willingness to recycle/lift other designs shouldn't be used as a defense. The big issue with Guardians is not that it just has a recycled layout, but the code is recycled from a very recent game too. There's a long time between Funhouse and Tron, and at least Tron also has code differentiation going for it. I still want to play Guardians, but I'm sure it'll feel very familiar from the get go.

#4094 1 year ago

Played my first games on GOTG today. Really wanted to love the game because I love the theme and really like the IM pin which has some similarities. Unfortunately, I was disappointed in the programming, voiceovers, uninspired integration of the video, and shots; some of which are too tight to be fun. I enjoyed the GOT sitting next to it a lot more.

#4095 1 year ago

Well, even though there is a lot of negativity, I just ordered a limited edition. I really have enjoyed the pro that I’ve played on location.

#4096 1 year ago
Quoted from NintenBear:

Well, even though there is a lot of negativity, I just ordered a limited edition. I really have enjoyed the pro that I’ve played on location.

Its a great game and the LE is beautiful!

#4097 1 year ago

The LE back glass is fantastic..

IMG_1137.JPG

#4098 1 year ago

The art on the game is great. Unfortunately, that was the only thing I thought was great and I prefer to play the game rather than just stare at it. I have taken the game off of my Wish List. I think the initial ranking of the game outside the Top 100 seems very appropriate to me. I'll try the game again when it gets to 1.0 code and hope that they somehow pull a rabbit out of the hat. As we all know, opinions vary and I hope those that order the game enjoy it.

#4099 1 year ago

I respect the opinion of players that have actually played it versus the speculation. I’m not trying to defend it, but I’ve really enjoyed playing the pro. On a side note, I also really enjoy X-Men. My only regret with ordering it is that I’d probably been able to buy a HUO LE on the cheap like X-Men, but I wanted it now so I’ll be everyone’s beta tester lol. Honestly, I don’t plan on reselling it so I’m not worried about the loss in value I’m going to take. However, I bet this is going to be a sleeper that people start to get into in a few years like X-Men and can get into on the cheap.

I also ordered a Houdini after playing it on location as well, and since these are my only two pins, I’m not worried about it being “cookie cutter.” I am going to be on the lookout for an X-Men LE to roundout my favorite marvel super heroes. I hope they do make a Deadpool but really want a Punisher. I can dream.

#4100 1 year ago
Quoted from jar155:

Borg's willingness to recycle/lift other designs shouldn't be used as a defense. The big issue with Guardians is not that it just has a recycled layout, but the code is recycled from a very recent game too. There's a long time between Funhouse and Tron, and at least Tron also has code differentiation going for it. I still want to play Guardians, but I'm sure it'll feel very familiar from the get go.

prices are so high that I’m not willing to buy 2 similar layout games..even if they play different there are same shots to do.
This is just my own way of how to collect pin.
Btw, I think this game is fun to play and would be for those who don’t like Metallica theme.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS
$ 12.99
There are 4260 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 86.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside