50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg

There are 4,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 86.
#4001 6 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Yeah, still pretty buggy. We had 2 GOTG at our launch party and we updated right before. Probably not a good idea. One of them kept getting balls stuck in the right scoop during MB. The mode would time out, multiple ball searches would occur but the right scoop would not kick. Then boom, it would come flying out of there. Also the mode timer running with a new ball in the shooter lane is really bad. We also had reports that one game was taking more hits on the Groot to light lock than the other game but they were just updated to the same code right before the launch. I personally did not see this one.

We had similar issues with the right scoop. After we loaded the code i made some adjustments to the ball save timers on the multiballs, I'm not sure if this had something to do with it. We did stream the event, and here is link to one episode of it occuring: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/210080218 - 22:10

Is it normal for the top of the plastic above scoop to scrape against the playfield glass?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#4002 6 years ago

wasn't impressed at all.

#4003 6 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Worth updating or wait for next one?

LOTR_breath and I both played at the same GOTG launch party and his assessment is spot on. That being said, 0.80 code is a big improvement over the launch 0.65 crap, and in reality is probably close to where SW was upon initial release. If I had one at my house I'd definitely upgrade to 0.80.

#4004 6 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

We had similar issues with the right scoop. After we loaded the code i made some adjustments to the ball save timers on the multiballs, I'm not sure if this had something to do with it. We did stream the event, and here is link to one episode of it occuring: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/210080218 - 22:10
Is it normal for the top of the plastic above scoop to scrape against the playfield glass?

Mine does, but that's because there is a broken weld above the scoop.

IMG_20171204_100735 (resized).jpgIMG_20171204_100735 (resized).jpg

#4005 6 years ago
Quoted from kettchxxii:

Yours is 4 so far that have this problem...

#4006 6 years ago

Zentron, the one at BN that has been there for 2 weeks has marks/scratches on the underside of the glass in that area.

#4007 6 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

one game was taking more hits on the Groot to light lock than the other game

We only had one at the local launch party for Dallas yesterday, and I did see one instance of this occuring during one game.

Also: Already a cracked plastic over the orb area (jeezus..really?), and MULTIPLE times it happened to me where Groot was open to lock a ball, shot the ball in that was supposed to start multiball, and whatever wacky sensors or code that control it failed to register.. it would ball search 3 or 4 times, all with my mode running down that I was trying to stack with multiball, then it would either just start multiball with no fanfare at all, or kick a new ball into the shooter lane as the code had assumed the ball was missing.

#4008 6 years ago
Quoted from kettchxxii:

Yep. Mine is also pressed on the glass and I probably need to cut off the offending corner before the sign breaks off. Also witnessing the occasional ball stuck in the scoop due to a software bug. Also having some mechanical malfunctions with the drop target.

#4009 6 years ago
Quoted from kettchxxii:

That scoop looks different/shallow, is it a new design Stern are using or a different part altogether?

#4010 6 years ago

I’ve put about 15 games on the Pro over the last few days.

Cool game! Nice shots, flows good.

Orb lock is a tight shot. So the game sorta becomes “groot all day” ... well, that’s what competition players will do anyway. I did that yesterday, groot/groot/groot, and had 185m on 2 balls when I won (plunged out the others)

Although the software is similar to Kiss/AS it does feel different in this game. The video was fine by me, and of course “A bobbily bo, a bobbily bo bo” was the highlight of the day.

I like the game, I’d consider buying a pro.

rd

FD6AFB19-156A-4112-9D4F-1E1704BC9D63 (resized).jpegFD6AFB19-156A-4112-9D4F-1E1704BC9D63 (resized).jpeg

#4011 6 years ago

Groot all day is just as bad as Sparky all Day was. The difference is, without Lyman on the code, the question is will it EVER be fixed? Scoring is way the hell out of whack on this game.

When your choices are making mode shots for 300k-3 million, risky shots to Orb drop target and the randomness of the magnet catch on release for 500k jackpots, versus "safe" shots to Groot (Which you can stack with a mode also...) for 1.5 million a pop going up to like 8 million, that's EASILY multiplied by locking 2 balls into Groot for 3x scoring (oyyyy) for 24 or 48 million (3x super from groot is 24, then Double scoring from Mystery or Rocket is 48.)...why in god's name would you do anything else.

The finals for us, next to last round...man...I finished BALL ONE with 178 million. That was a mode stacked with Groot, followed by a second Groot. That's it. Our final scores were like 380 million, 350 million, 280 million, and like 75 million or something. I ended up taking 2nd place overall, so no good points, no trophy, and no translite for the 1st loser..whee...

#4012 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Groot all day is just as bad as Sparky all Day was. The difference is, without Lyman on the code, the question is will it EVER be fixed? Scoring is way the hell out of whack on this game.
When your choices are making mode shots for 300k-3 million, risky shots to Orb drop target and the randomness of the magnet catch on release for 500k jackpots, versus "safe" shots to Groot (Which you can stack with a mode also...) for 1.5 million a pop going up to like 8 million, that's EASILY multiplied by locking 2 balls into Groot for 3x scoring (oyyyy) for 24 or 48 million (3x super from groot is 24, then Double scoring from Mystery or Rocket is 48.)...why in god's name would you do anything else.
The finals for us, next to last round...man...I finished BALL ONE with 178 million. That was a mode stacked with Groot, followed by a second Groot. That's it. Our final scores were like 380 million, 350 million, 280 million, and like 75 million or something. I ended up taking 2nd place overall, so no good points, no trophy, and no translite for the 1st loser..whee...

....and then, after getting a 150+ million ball you get 750K in bonus...WTH!!!! Agree wholeheartedly, scoring is WAY out of balance here!

#4013 6 years ago

Finally got to put a few games on this at Tommy's open house which by the way was awesome. Guardians sure looks good and its fun but I don't know... I was surprised how tight the shots are with the exception of Groot. The code is not what worries me and it is lacking right now. Its just that Groot is so wide open and everything else is so tight. Admittedly I only put a few games on it but the shot imbalance was pretty glaring. Even trying to hit other things I still loaded Groot and ended up in multiball. I guess with more time you would dial in the shots but they have to make it way harder to get Groot open.

#4014 6 years ago

Can someone PM what a good price is on an LE? I’m seriously tempted to pull the trigger on this regardless of the negative reviews.

#4015 6 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

Can someone PM what a good price is on an LE? I’m seriously tempted to pull the trigger on this regardless of the negative reviews.

My recommendation would be to call CoinTaker, Melissa/Chris will take care of you.

As for the game itself, i really liked it and looking forward for the code to mature.

#4016 6 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

My recommendation would be to call CoinTaker, Melissa/Chris will take care of you.
As for the game itself, i really liked it and looking forward for the code to mature.

Agree, That is where I ordered my GOTGLE from and my Metallica Premium. Melissa has been great!

#4017 6 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

Not sure why you’d spend the extra money on an LE with this title ...

Buy a pro instead, save the $3000 to put towards your next pin.

rd

#4018 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Finally got to put a few games on this at Tommy's open house which by the way was awesome. Guardians sure looks good and its fun but I don't know... I was surprised how tight the shots are with the exception of Groot. The code is not what worries me and it is lacking right now. Its just that Groot is so wide open and everything else is so tight. Admittedly I only put a few games on it but the shot imbalance was pretty glaring. Even trying to hit other things I still loaded Groot and ended up in multiball. I guess with more time you would dial in the shots but they have to make it way harder to get Groot open.

This is what is keeping me from pulling the trigger honestly.. Im not the best player but I have an x-men and those shots are tight.. but I cant for the life of me hit the orb or the kickback worth a damn... I played 5 games in a row yesterday and was so frustrated after the last game I just went home. lol.

#4019 6 years ago
Quoted from vbittnv:

This is what is keeping me from pulling the trigger honestly.. Im not the best player but I have an x-men and those shots are tight.. but I cant for the life of me hit the orb or the kickback worth a damn... I played 5 games in a row yesterday and was so frustrated after the last game I just went home. lol.

The orb shot is easiest as a backhand from the right flipper for me. I still struggle at kickback shot though.

#4020 6 years ago

Custom one of a kind shooter in the making

13F2C803-1AA6-40DE-922E-7BC9842280FC (resized).jpeg13F2C803-1AA6-40DE-922E-7BC9842280FC (resized).jpeg

#4021 6 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Custom one of a kind shooter in the making

"Ain't no shooter like this shooter except this shooter!"

#4022 6 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Custom one of a kind shooter in the making ...

Looks painful!

#4023 6 years ago
Quoted from vbittnv:

I was playing with a few other people at the open house and all of us where just trying to explore the machine and make shots and no one hit much of anything. Even when trying to hit things everyone just ended going oh well I'll just hit Groot. Usually every machine has one shot that is my nemesis and I can never make the damn thing. Guardians was the opposite there was only one I could hit. LOL

#4024 6 years ago

I have noticed in some videos posted online that shots are missing a lot and people are just hammering Groot. I need to play it for myself but that would seem like it would get old kind of fast.

#4025 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

I have noticed in some videos posted online that shots are missing a lot and people are just hammering Groot. I need to play it for myself but that would seem like it would get old kind of fast.

Haven't played it either but I don;t see how you could only hit groot...it's basically a smaller opening Sparky. But 'people' also said MET was nothing but hitting Sparky.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4026 6 years ago

Update from Stern:

We heard you loud and clear! Our customers are loving the new Guardians of the Galaxy Pinball Machine, but we have heard that more original soundtrack music would be appreciated! We have been working very hard behind the scenes to get you more music!

In the upcoming GOTG code update, you will find "I want you back" by the Jackson 5 1969 and "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell 1967!

This will be the first time the King of Pop or Marvin Gaye have ever been in a full production pinball machine in any form!

Expect this update very soon, and Happy Holidays from all of us here at Stern Pinball! #GOTG #SternPinball #Jackson5 #MarvinGaye

#4027 6 years ago
Quoted from jarch:

Update from Stern:
We heard you loud and clear! Our customers are loving the new Guardians of the Galaxy Pinball Machine, but we have heard that more original soundtrack music would be appreciated! We have been working very hard behind the scenes to get you more music!
In the upcoming GOTG code update, you will find "I want you back" by the Jackson 5 1969 and "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell 1967!
This will be the first time the King of Pop or Marvin Gaye have ever been in a full production pinball machine in any form!
Expect this update very soon, and Happy Holidays from all of us here at Stern Pinball! #GOTG #SternPinball #Jackson5 #MarvinGaye

Great news!!!

IMG_0982.JPGIMG_0982.JPG

#4028 6 years ago
Quoted from jarch:

"Ain't No Mountain High Enough" by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell 1967!

I can only ever think of Dennis Miller's "Ain't No Dancefloor Wide Enough" bit when I hear this song.

But good on Stern for adding some more licensed tunes to the game. It'll be interesting to see how they use that one, not an obvious pinball song but then you'd never have imagined half the songs from GOTG in a summer super-hero blockbuster, which is the beauty of it.

#4029 6 years ago

I'm pretty excited about the new song additions! Keep on this path so I can buy the game in February.

#4030 6 years ago
Quoted from jarch:

Update from Stern:

I wonder how badly it under performed? I just can't see Stern changing their mind on the license if it was selling as expected. It is really great for the pin but there is no excuse for the way they launched it. Hopefully they make changes in licensing and marketing going forward.

#4031 6 years ago

I think alot of people passed due to the fact theres no voice clips from the film, I know I did.

#4032 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I think alot of people passed due to the fact theres no voice clips from the film, I know I did.

That was one of main reasons I passed, but I am hopeful cleland can work the same magic he did on TWD and make GOTG feel complete in the audio/visual department.

#4033 6 years ago

I hope t some point they give us the Metallica style option to pick which songs we hear, as when you can set the option for Creeping Death or Ride the Lightning for Sparky.

I really LIKE Cherry Bomb as pinball music, I can tolerate the new announcements, but I'd still vastly, vastly prefer Cherry Bomb.

Jackson 5 should only play after a ball save.

#4034 6 years ago

Apparently the hype train has moved on.....a month ago the announcement of two songs being added would have generated 200 posts by now.

#4035 6 years ago
Quoted from resipsa:

Apparently the hype train has moved on.....a month ago the announcement of two songs being added would have generated 200 posts by now.

Probably a good chunk of people like myself not very interested in the music. Games with horrible music can be just as good (MET).

#4036 6 years ago
Quoted from resipsa:

I think it was more that they just added songs they could get cheap aren't really first to mind when you think "great for pinball" and the movie had many better (and likely more expensive to license) songs. That, and the code. Feeling very X-Men-y right now. Actually, that's best case. And that's the problem. Stern on this new "ship a box of lights, maybe add some pinball later" initiative is really destroying any NIB trust repeat customers have, so people are just passing and maybe will buy used later if the code pans out.

#4037 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I wonder how badly it under performed? I just can't see Stern changing their mind on the license if it was selling as expected. It is really great for the pin but there is no excuse for the way they launched it. Hopefully they make changes in licensing and marketing going forward.

I don't think it is under performing. It may be that Stern has had this planned all along and are saying they are listening to the community...

You just can't license songs, write updated code/modes in 2-3 weeks... This is all part of a greater plan imo.

#4038 6 years ago

Get

Quoted from jarch:Update from Stern:

Hey Stern,

Change your model. Start releasing NIB machines with a FAIR amount of code. You're lucky companies like JJP and Heighway aren't pumping machines faster because the code on their machines makes yours look like crap.
Seriously, Alien blows your stuff away.
You're listening? Really?

Am I wrong or is the last release of a nib Stern machine with good code was Game of Thrones?

#4039 6 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

You're lucky companies like JJP and Heighway aren't pumping machines faster because the code on their machines makes yours look like crap.

Is this a joke?

#4040 6 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Change your model. Start releasing NIB machines with a FAIR amount of code. You're lucky companies like JJP and Heighway aren't pumping machines faster because the code on their machines makes yours look like crap.

No one knows how the code for those other companies would be if they released 3 pins a year rather than 1 or even less, just saying. If Stern can have final code with in a year of release I can live with that if it means I have variety and theres always the option to wait till code is done.

#4041 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

No one knows how the code for those other companies would be if they released 3 pins a year rather than 1 or even less, just saying. If Stern can have final code with in a year of release I can live with that if it means I have variety and theres always the option to wait till code is done.

yeah I got SW beginning of Sept and it has 1.0 code now...that aint bad.

#4042 6 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Get

Hey Stern,
Am I wrong or is the last release of a nib Stern machine with good code was Game of Thrones?

wow, dude. calm down.
Most of the time I just skip over the "stern code sucks", "stern is cheap", "I refuse to be a tester", "stern is a cookie cutter factory" posts but this one was entertaining.
People get way to serious about this stuff, just don't buy it or drain the thread if it emotes this type of response. Probably isn't healthy for you.

anyway 2 new songs, pretty cool.

#4043 6 years ago

LE is here! - well, not at my place, but set this one up today...

imagejpeg_0 (resized).jpgimagejpeg_0 (resized).jpg

20171219_120405 (resized).jpeg20171219_120405 (resized).jpeg

#4044 6 years ago

So has anyone played both pro and prem/le yet? I am almost ALWAYS a Prem/LE guy (Kiss LE, STLE, Met Prem, GB Prem in my collection) but seems like this pin has very little upgrades from the pro doesn't it?

#4045 6 years ago

Waiting to see if 3 magnets vs 1 equals more entertainment value.

#4046 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

yeah I got SW beginning of Sept and it has 1.0 code now...that aint bad.

Quoted from kklank:

I also own a GOT and i don;t remember the code being that much more advanced than SW. I mean it "had" the "video mode" installed earlier than SW but that just caused everyone to go apeshit

#4047 6 years ago

Just saw this on IG

7D17192F-927F-4CC9-90A8-A97AB9143BB0 (resized).png7D17192F-927F-4CC9-90A8-A97AB9143BB0 (resized).png

#4048 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Waiting to see if 3 magnets vs 1 equals more entertainment value.

Those extra magnets are pretty darn pricey ....

rd

#4049 6 years ago

For anyone in Schaumburg, IL. Level 257 has GOTG Pro on freeplay and Houdini. (This might be a double post, but I’m excited.)

E6A22A36-A124-49E6-B77D-2B22BCDC8A49 (resized).jpegE6A22A36-A124-49E6-B77D-2B22BCDC8A49 (resized).jpeg

B94B295B-EE0B-4898-8924-6DEB87F8440B (resized).jpegB94B295B-EE0B-4898-8924-6DEB87F8440B (resized).jpeg

#4050 6 years ago

What's a good score for playing on location? (code 0.80.0 - default settings - 1 extra ball)

IMG_2200 (resized).jpgIMG_2200 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods
Plastics
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 39.00
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Corning, NY
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 25.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 86.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-is-here/page/81 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.