1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 4,260 posts
  • 503 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by Mnluz
  • Topic is favorited by 52 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 392 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CDC61D8B-FD6A-4D64-A69E-01294E9E947B (resized).png
ED493CEB-E58E-4946-97C9-FCCE99E36547 (resized).jpeg
F119E176-AD5E-4740-8FF9-BD0F26A2515A (resized).jpeg
61CCCECE-2607-4D17-96C7-E30F907A1F0D (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
Jam (resized).png
2A4B0C7A-AF2B-44C4-A323-A95C678D5DC6 (resized).jpeg
50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg

There are 4260 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 86.
#3901 1 year ago

If I end up buying GotG I'm going to write my own superfan edition of the code using MPF.

Edit: Just to be clear I doubt I can do better than Stern, it would just be for fun. There are a lot of people on fiverr who can do impressions of actors though....

#3902 1 year ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

Updated the code tonight and for a few games afterwards it was mixing up the modes, ex; pod escape on the screen, antiquities store audio and playfield lights, very strange. After a few restarts it seemed to be OK, but was wondering if anyone else had this problem.
As for the update, there was definitely improvement, but the bad voice work is still that, and until that changes(which isn't likely), this pin will never reach it's full potential. A real shame, as it does shoot well, and there looks like real potential for a good ruleset.
I will say this though, even in it's current state, I'll take it hands down over the SW Prem that it was sitting next too, that's a game I don't think anything can save!

Sw is the funniest pin ive played in a long time its a true sleeper cant stop pushing start the game really gets your adrenaline going gotg has potential if and when they get the code right.

#3903 1 year ago

SW funny? That's a new one to me.

Any non-SW owners willing to claim that SW is better than GOTG? SW is bad, especially at the premium/LE level. I would hope that over time GOTG ends up being more well received and regarded.

#3904 1 year ago

Don’t want to derail thread, but I’m very interested in why people like SW. Maybe code + theme (+integration?). The SW layout is weird, and maybe takes getting used to? GOTG shoots great right out of the box, in comparison. GOTG art package also way better.

#3905 1 year ago

SW LE is a masterpiece, once you get to know it!

#3906 1 year ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Sw is the funniest pin ive played in a long time its a true sleeper cant stop pushing start the game really gets your adrenaline going gotg has potential if and when they get the code right.

Quoted from jar155:

Any non-SW owners willing to claim that SW is better than GOTG? SW is bad, especially at the premium/LE level. I would hope that over time GOTG ends up being more well received and regarded.

Typo on Delta9's part, sure he meant "funnest"....

Either way, I do agree with him on SW. Played a SW Pro for 5 months on location, high adrenaline pin with lots of modes & strategies, and watched it improve dramatically in code before I bought my SW Premium. The Premium takes the pin up to another level, it really is fantastic.

I also have LOTR and MMr at my house, and I put SW up there with LOTR in terms of fun to play and theme integration. Sure SW is much tougher game with shorter game times, however SW really is a brilliant pin, and lots of players who could not stand it or were disappointed at the beginning are now starting to praise it. Check back a year from now, SW's popularity will continue to climb like so many of Stern's pins have over the years (TWD, IM, MET).

I do hope the GOTG ends up being up there with SW, as it really has a great theme, artwork, and shots. Just hope that they can salvage the code on it, and I'm not convinced they can. SW when it came out was also in Beta, but you could see the foundation was there, just not implemented yet.

#3907 1 year ago
Quoted from jar155:

Each to there own! I think SW is better than DI.. the theme, code, music and light integration is phenomenal. Absolutely LOVE Lightsabre Duel and its intro.

Quoted from pninja005:

SW LE is a masterpiece, once you get to know it!

Absolutely.. great code can save a game with not a lot of toys. Hyper Loop is good and gets the adrenaline going
Makes you think if STERN put as much effort into SW as it did with some previous releases. Simple case of no competition, now there are a few that are making them up their game

#3908 1 year ago

Gotg pro over SW pro.

We will see how the LE's looks.

#3909 1 year ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Kind of agree. I'm probably alone in this but I think Death Proof is super underrated and one of his better films along with Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs. Rest of his work is hit or miss.

Death proof is a gem. I didn't like it so much. Then time passed. A couple more viewings. It's pretty good. Very good.

I'd love to talk to Quentin Tarantino, his brain is out there.

For instance the accident scene.

No spoilers what a film. Weird film. The way I like them.

image (resized).jpeg

#3910 1 year ago

Both fast and brutal in different ways. Killer combo!

IMG_7788 (resized).JPG

#3911 1 year ago

24991419_10159707611925300_842179729499111150_n (resized).jpg

Finally got some quality time on a pro today and my opinion still stands. Game shoots fine but hot damn the theme integration and code is a mess. I did play a bunch of BM66 after which gave me hope. That games fun as hell now, I kind of want one.

#3912 1 year ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Don’t want to derail thread, but I’m very interested in why people like SW. Maybe code + theme (+integration?). The SW layout is weird, and maybe takes getting used to? GOTG shoots great right out of the box, in comparison. GOTG art package also way better.

jar155 has played a lot of SW and just plain hates it. Which is totally fair, he gave it a more than fair shot and it's not for him. I think he detests the multiplier shifting with the apron-button that's a key element of the game, and hates the Hyperloop ramp implementation on the LE, among other things, so lots of deal breakers for him. My impression is he's also a big fan of the Star Wars theme and so felt extra-disappointed that Stern didn't make a game he could love (or even tolerate).

As for me, I like SW because it's tough and super-fast with satisfying shots (I don't agree that it "shoots weird," unless you're talking about the Premium/LE ramp, which is more debatable) and lots to pursue (i.e. "deep code"). I love the multiplier shifting, it's a novel feature and adds a great and unique risk-reward element. The theme integration, including the art package, is certainly imperfect, but it works well, with good use of sound clips, music and lighting to give the many modes their own unique character. I've got a Premium and I like the Hyperloop because it's just plain exhilarating when you activate and are able to start loading balls. But I get the other side of the argument (including from many people that love SW Pro but wouldn't want a Premium) that it kills flow and is too hard of a shot to consistently make.

By releasing a pretty bare-bones design they immediately turned lots of people off, as it played into the sense that Stern's putting profits above quality at every turn. But nevertheless SW turns out to be a lot of fun if you give it a chance. IMO, of course.

Oh, and I haven't played GOTG yet, so maybe I'll think it shoots even better than SW. I'll have to get out to the local barcade this week to give it a spin.

#3913 1 year ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

tkdalumni That duo looks great together! I see you have a GOT next to them. Any chance you can post a pic of the 3 together? I currently own a SW and a GOT, and am am considering GOTG to make it a trio, if the code matures nicely.

#3914 1 year ago

I love Guardians of the Galaxy (the movie) and am not a big Star Wars fan. As it stand, I've put in at least 40 hours on SW and am not tired of it yet.
I absolutely hated GOG when I tried it on location, I literally had to force myself to finish 3 credits. Now, I wasn't a big fan of Kiss when it first came out and now I enjoy it a lot so perhaps there is hope but... with the recycled rules, close shots that kill you dead and cherry bomb, this game absolutely sucks. They can't all be good but this one is particularly uninventive.

#3915 1 year ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

You did well with getting both of these as I feel like both are surely winners, great games and as code on GOTG gets updated even more it will be even better. It is a nice shooter, smooth and feels good to play it.

#3916 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

My impression is he's also a big fan of the Star Wars theme and so felt extra-disappointed that Stern didn't make a game he could love (or even tolerate).

This is the 90% of it for Jar in my opinion and I can respect that, its like WOZ and DI both play great but I just can't get past the theme which includes music. toys all that so some people can't enoy a game no matter how well it plays simply due to outside factors like the BOM or "build quality" theme and while I agree gameplay has to be there for a lot of us its not enough. Jar this is just my take I'm not trying to speak for ya so take it easy.

#3917 1 year ago

I had that problem with Star Trek. I’m a big fan. Wanted to love the game. Started to hate it all too quickly and got rid of it.

#3918 1 year ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Game shoots fine but hot damn the theme integration and code is a mess. I did play a bunch of BM66 after which gave me hope. That games fun as hell now, I kind of want one.

I agree with regards to BM66 but a day of quality time on a game like SW isn't enough to grasp the level of code invovled, I've had the game for 5 months now almost and its been in the last 2 of those 5 its really come togther where I know all the ins and outs, I've become a multiplier master which adds so much, if you don't know then yeah its would appear to be a bit of a mess, its not.

#3919 1 year ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Hopefully the talented pinside coders will fix GOTG with real voice clips from the films and well placed use of the music, and by that I mean not during modes or multi's.

Just so everyone is clear, Hooked On A Feeling and Cherry Bomb ONLY come up when you're not in a mode, which is not often. Each mode (including both multiballs) uses orchestral score (some from GOTG, some custom), and are just fine.

When a mode times out, that's when one of the 2 songs start. Shoot the scoop, and it goes back to the orchestra piece on the mode select screen. You only have to listen to the rock songs if you can't hit that scoop.

Later,
EV

#3920 1 year ago

My LE is shipping this week.

I'm really hoping to have it by the end of the week.

#3921 1 year ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

I had that problem with Star Trek. I’m a big fan. Wanted to love the game. Started to hate it all too quickly and got rid of it.

I LOVE my STLE. Funny how two pinheads can have such different opinions, but that makes this hobby work.

#3922 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

jar155 has played a lot of SW and just plain hates it. Which is totally fair, he gave it a more than fair shot and it's not for him. I think he detests the multiplier shifting with the apron-button that's a key element of the game, and hates the Hyperloop ramp implementation on the LE, among other things, so lots of deal breakers for him. My impression is he's also a big fan of the Star Wars theme and so felt extra-disappointed that Stern didn't make a game he could love (or even tolerate).
As for me, I like SW because it's tough and super-fast with satisfying shots (I don't agree that it "shoots weird," unless you're talking about the Premium/LE ramp, which is more debatable) and lots to pursue (i.e. "deep code"). I love the multiplier shifting, it's a novel feature and adds a great and unique risk-reward element. The theme integration, including the art package, is certainly imperfect, but it works well, with good use of sound clips, music and lighting to give the many modes their own unique character. I've got a Premium and I like the Hyperloop because it's just plain exhilarating when you activate and are able to start loading balls. But I get the other side of the argument (including from many people that love SW Pro but wouldn't want a Premium) that it kills flow and is too hard of a shot to consistently make.
By releasing a pretty bare-bones design they immediately turned lots of people off, as it played into the sense that Stern's putting profits above quality at every turn. But nevertheless SW turns out to be a lot of fun if you give it a chance. IMO, of course.
Oh, and I haven't played GOTG yet, so maybe I'll think it shoots even better than SW. I'll have to get out to the local barcade this week to give it a spin.

Thanks. That horseshoe in SW is kinda different and all the shots are long shots with a fast return, so its a little “weird” to me. Not bad. I guess for me the game really needs a good bash shot. I miss that. One well placed bash shot and the game would transform IMO, and I’ll bet would change a lot of minds. The tie fighter on the spring just isn’t enough. I’ve only played the pro, so maybe the premium will provide the deltaim looking for.

GOTG doesn’t have much going on either, but that big Groot shot right up the middle is satisfying. And even better when he gobbles your balls ( ). It’s kinda nice to always have an obvious, satisfying shot to hit while your playing. Something that breaks up the constant ramp/ramp/Orbit etc. GOTG has the orb drop and catch too, which is a brief change up. All SW has is the right scoop.

#3923 1 year ago

Thanks. That horseshoe in SW is kinda different and all the shots are long shots with a fast return, so its a little “weird” to me. Not bad. I guess for me the game really needs a good bash shot. I miss that. One well placed bash shot and the game would transform IMO, and I’ll bet would change a lot of minds. The tie fighter on the spring just isn’t enough. I’ve only played the pro, so maybe the premium will provide the deltaim looking for.
GOTG doesn’t have much going on either, but that big Groot shot right up the middle is satisfying. And even better when he gobbles your balls ( ). It’s kinda nice to always have an obvious, satisfying shot to hit while your playing. Something that breaks up the constant ramp/ramp/Orbit etc. GOTG has the orb drop and catch too, which is a brief change up. All SW has is the right scoop.

I guess it depends on what you are willing to count as a bash shot. The Tie fighter on a spring and the mini-LCD target bank serve as the bash shots in SW right? You are constantly trying to increase your bonus and shoot/bash tie fighters. I think it makes for interesting bash shots and is well executed. I would have disliked it if they just repeated the Star Trek version with a giant spaceship bash toy. And, the Death Star doesn't make for a very good bash shot in my opinion unless the game is just focused on the first movie. Having a giant tie fighter would be completely out of scale with anything else on the playfield (Death Star; Millennium Falcon) and I would have hated a character being the bash shot -- works for GOTG with Groot but I think any of the SW characters (even Vader) would make for kind of lousy bash shots.

#3924 1 year ago

It’s kinda nice to always have an obvious, satisfying shot to hit while your playing. Something that breaks up the constant ramp/ramp/Orbit etc. GOTG has the orb drop and catch too, which is a brief change up. All SW has is the right scoop.

Might be the first time I've heard someone lobby for less flow. Keep your stinkin' scoops! Give me speed.

#3925 1 year ago

20B7244E-B356-4505-8127-3567D4FB483C (resized).jpeg
422CB502-9016-478A-B93F-2CA8FF5716C9 (resized).jpeg contact modfather for this aussom mod

#3926 1 year ago
Quoted from japespin:

tkdalumni That duo looks great together! I see you have a GOT next to them. Any chance you can post a pic of the 3 together? I currently own a SW and a GOT, and am am considering GOTG to make it a trio, if the code matures nicely.

Here ya go!

Hate to say it, but GOT feels slow after playing the other two....still love it though.

IMG_7817 (resized).JPG

#3927 1 year ago

Can someone talk me out of buying a GOTC Prem? My entire family loves the movie/theme, and I like what I've read on here so far. But the code doesn't sound acceptable, and I hate to reinforce Stern's behavior of shipping out barely beta code...yet it would be an awesome surprise for Christmas. Someone talk some sense into me Also, could someone PM me their best price if you called a few distributors? Thanks!!

#3928 1 year ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Can someone talk me out of buying a GOTC Prem? My entire family loves the movie/theme, and I like what I've read on here so far. But the code doesn't sound acceptable, and I hate to reinforce Stern's behavior of shipping out barely beta code...yet it would be an awesome surprise for Christmas. Someone talk some sense into me Also, could someone PM me their best price if you called a few distributors? Thanks!!

Just do it, This is destined to be a great game even if it has been shipped with barebones code. Seems they are releasing code updates weekly now...

I ordered my LE from Cointaker and Melissa has been wonderful from the start! 2nd NIB from them. I bug that poor woman almost daily for updates and she had been nothing but helpful......

#3929 1 year ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Someone talk some sense into me

Good thing you're considering a Premium. I heard from a Pro owner that, even in the most recent code, one of the Mystery awards is "increase spinner value"... in a model that doesn't have spinners. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#3930 1 year ago

Here's some sense for you. Pick up a NIB TWD and play if for 6 months, then pull the trigger on GOTC Premium when the code is fleshed out and premiums are rolling.

Quoted from cscmtp:

#3931 1 year ago

Here are the song locations I've found so far in case you want to soundtrack the game all up in Pinball Browser (it's sooo much better that way). I'm guessing on 55, 63 and 65 because those modes/wiz modes don't seem to be in the code yet.

31 2:01.929 Cherry Bomb
32 1:57.816 Hooked On A Feeling
33 0:15.157 ?
34 0:36.000 Mode pick screen
35 1:41.392 Sibling Rivalry & end of game
36 1:26.125 Escape Kyln
37 1:26.513 Knowhere
38 2:46.951 Quill's Quest
39 0:55.376 Yaka Arrow
40 1:09.717 Sanctuary
41 2:34.450 Pod Chase & Rocket double scoring
42 1:02.125 Antiquities Shop
43 9:15.897 Groot Multi
46 6:31.432 Orb Multi
55 0:35.616 ? Quill's Quest II ?
56 2:07.393 Knowhere II
57 3:11.956 Pod Chase II
58 0:52.983 Yaka Arrow II
59 1:23.708 Escape Kyln II
60 0:31.291 Antiquities Shop II
61 1:57.149 Sanctuary II
62 0:12.023 Sibling Rivalry II
63 4:44.071 ? Immolation Initiative ?
65 4:07.179 ? Save Xandar ?

#3932 1 year ago

I was in a similar boat, I LOVE GOTG, huge fan.

Even as much as I love the theme, the movie, the music... I just can’t support a business model where relesessing an unfinished product to the market is not only acceptable but becoming normal.

I may be the lone one, but morally no sir, Stern no dinero from me... maybe when the product being sold is at least 90% complete I’ll consider.

Quoted from cscmtp:

#3933 1 year ago

All SW has is the right scoop.

The ball is stopped enough to break up flow, but just the right amount and while its not a dedicated shot the left ramp has a post the inner loop has a post and the gates to send the ball into the pops but the last thing I ever think while playing SW is "too much flow" also I find the right ramp to be much more of a challenge to hit than the left so while you can get a nice succesion of shots going it rarely feels over done. I don't know thats my take on it. I love the game, Planet Multi into Tie multi into hyper multi into Boba Fett then a Light saber duel is an experience every pinhead needs to have, relentless action with SW as the theme.

#3934 1 year ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

I was in a similar boat, I LOVE GOTG, huge fan.
Even as much as I love the theme, the movie, the music... I just can’t support a business model where relesessing an unfinished product to the market is not only acceptable but becoming normal.
I may be the lone one, but morally no sir, Stern no dinero from me... maybe when the product being sold is at least 90% complete I’ll consider.

You're not alone. We skipped Star Wars and GotG. I'm not supporting Stern again until they start shipping games with at LEAST a base 1.00 level of feature-complete software. Improve it later? Sure. But ship it at historical normal levels of completion. 3 unfinished (two WILDLY unfinished, and one sorta close) games in the last 12 months is literally unprecedented in Stern history. Not supporting the continuation of that. Fortunately AP and JJP have enough attractive offerings to buy instead.

#3935 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

You're not alone. We skipped Star Wars and GotG. I'm not supporting Stern again until they start shipping games with at LEAST a base 1.00 level of feature-complete software. Improve it later? Sure. But ship it at historical normal levels of completion. 3 unfinished (two WILDLY unfinished, and one sorta close) games in the last 12 months is literally unprecedented in Stern history. Not supporting the continuation of that. Fortunately AP and JJP have enough attractive offerings to buy instead.

SW 1.0 code is set for release this month. So if you’re waiting for that, it’s almost here. It will also be feature complete and solid (since 0.93 is already feature complete and solid).

#3936 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

SW 1.0 code is set for release this month. So if you’re waiting for that, it’s almost here. It will also be feature complete and solid (since 0.93 is already feature complete and solid).

6 months after release to get to even baseline 1.0. And a massively stripped down BoM on the Prem/LE to boot. No bueno. There's no excuse for that business model at the prices they're asking now, and I won't support it.

#3937 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

6 months after release to get to even baseline 1.0. And a massively stripped down BoM on the Prem/LE to boot. No bueno. There's no excuse for that business model at the prices they're asking now, and I won't support it.

Fair enough. Hope you get to play one on route though, it’s a lot of fun.

#3938 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Fair enough. Hope you get to play one on route though, it’s a lot of fun.

Oh, I've played it, I just won't support Stern's run of unfinished machines by buying one, or even recommending it.

#3939 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

6 months after release to get to even baseline 1.0.

1.0 is finished code now.

#3940 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

I thought the same thing for a while and then saw a premium in person and thought "This game does have a lot going on". I ended up purchasing an HUO Star Wars LE over the weekend and I'm very glad I did. Seeing how the code has developed over the past 6 months helped sell me on the game as has Stern finally being transparent about future code updates with their "Stern of the Union" monthly updates.

I still think that NIB pricing is nuts across all Stern models and from all manufacturers. The other big issue is that Stern does not code all of their games the same. All of their programmers offer different rulesets, depth and variety. Star Wars has 16 mission based modes, 9 mulitballs and 1 main wizard mode. GOTG appears to have 8 mission modes, 3-4 mulitballs and 1 main wizard mode. Same with Aerosmith. That's half of the ruleset that Star Wars offers. In my opinion I don't feel like I'm getting the same value from GOTG and AS as Star Wars due to the ruleset design. That's not a knock on other programmers as I think Stern is purposely creating a couple of titles per year that offer a smaller ruleset that are similar across both games, those being GOTG and AS for 2017.

One thing we need to keep in mind with Star Wars is that Stern paid up to get the license to use the original actors voices, video featuring actors and some licensed music. That's huge and is a big deal as we have seen other recently announced games that lack a combination of the 3 (GOTG and JJP's POTC). I wouldn't be surprised if Star Wars by Stern has one of biggest per game licensing cost in pinball. Heck, not even EA's new Battlefront 2 has Harrison Ford's likeness in it and that's a multi billion dollar company.

Personally I rather have one less physical feature then not have the original actors audio, videos, music, etc. All I know is that I'm not going to drop $5500 to nearly $10k on newer movie based pins that lack the actor audio and / or video.

#3941 1 year ago

I would rather have the hillbilly than the current call outs, yeah thats right.

david puddy (resized).jpg

#3942 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Heck, not even EA's new Battlefront 2 has Harrison Ford's likeness in it and that's a multi billion dollar company.

Why would say this, is this some conspiracy theory about the beard? Han Solo is 100% in the game and based on Harrison Ford. The beard is part of the canon.

#3943 1 year ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Why would say this, is this some conspiracy theory about the beard? Han Solo is 100% in the game and based on Harrison Ford. The beard is part of the canon.

It doesn't really look like him, just seems off enough to get around licensing, almost a Williams Indiana Jones pinball situation. Maybe not though and it's just the animation work itself.

xtqhusuqqb8cn86r5x42 (resized).png

#3944 1 year ago

So this is the Han Solo model. Licensing demands he has beard so we give him a beard. The internet says EA cheaped out on the license. The stuff people just make up about EA is amazing. You can't even please Star Wars nerds by going full nerd.

image (resized).jpeg

#3945 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It doesn't really look like him, just seems off enough to get around licensing, almost a Williams Indiana Jones pinball situation. Maybe not though and it's just the animation work itself.

Looks more like Jeff Bridges.

#3946 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Here's some sense for you. Pick up a NIB TWD and play if for 6 months, then pull the trigger on GOTC Premium when the code is fleshed out and premiums are rolling.

Agreed. This is good advice.

#3947 1 year ago
Quoted from Darscot:

So this is the Han Solo model. Licensing demands he has beard so we give him a beard. The internet says EA cheaped out on the license. The stuff people just make up about EA is amazing. You can't even please Star Wars nerds by going full nerd.

That model looks great. The internet is frustrated with EA in general due to their shaddy and greedy use of loot boxes in many of their latest games, especially Battlefront 2. If it wasn't for that a beard wouldn't be a big deal.

#3948 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That model looks great. The internet is frustrated with EA in general due to their shaddy and greedy use of loot boxes in many of their latest games, especially Battlefront 2. If it wasn't for that a beard wouldn't be a big deal.

As an employee of EA I can not comment on the Internets current issue.

#3949 1 year ago

EA is in hot water with gamers because they are not only guilty of rampant loot box abuse, but they also love to buy up great game studios, force them to milk their franchises to death, farm IP out to shoddy studios, and then shut down those formerly great development houses. It really, really sucks.

#3950 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That's half of the ruleset that Star Wars offers. In my opinion I don't feel like I'm getting the same value from GOTG and AS as Star Wars due to the ruleset design.

Can’t understand that thinking at all.

Maybe it’s relevant if you can get to the end of Gotg and AS every time you play them. But I bet you don’t do that.

Like JJPPOTC .. it has 1 gazillion possible modes. Based on your thinking, that would have to be the best game ever, right?

You know what game Danni and I spent all day yesterday playing? Aerosmith. It’s just a fun game. We’ve haven’t got to the end of the game yet. But it’s achievable.

Most of the time we play classic SS titles. The programming on those fit onto a 8kb chip! But again, fun fun fun to play.

LOTR - super deep code right? Lots of value there!! But just no fun to play, just grind out 40 minute long games all the time, so out the door she went.

Fun is where it’s at. The amount of code in a game generally has little to do with that. In fact, it’s often quite the opposite.

rd

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.50
$ 249.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Great American Pinball
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 26.95
$ 12.99
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
St. Charles, IL
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 399.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Great American Pinball
5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Falling Waters, WV
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 150.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4260 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 86.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside