50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg
There are 4,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 86.
#3801 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Recent ? lol I started that rumor a year ago.

lol

#3802 6 years ago

I assume Stern has had the comic license for 4 years they're just waiting for the right time to release it, and with the original having a generic sound package and voice package they can do it easy.

I've always said the comic book art black and white would be fantastic as a throwback to the era of Centaur.

IMG_3317 (resized).PNGIMG_3317 (resized).PNG

#3803 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Stern has had the comic license for 4 years they're just waiting for the right time to release it, and with the original having a generic sound package and voice package they can do it easy.
I've always said the comic book art black and white would be fantastic as a throwback to the era of Centaur.

If they do it right I’d buy one

But they’d prolly do it Luci style. You know, different cabinet art & two tiny zombies added to the PF

#3804 6 years ago

Isnt a twd vault way too early considering the prem just has had its last run? Would assume it better to wait a year at least.

#3805 6 years ago

More GOTG code dropping this week. I'm taking bets...

#3806 6 years ago

I had the chance to play at a different location with the updated code and it was way easier on the ears.

#3807 6 years ago

Just got back from playing a GOTG for the first time, it had .72 code. I've seen the 1st movie about 4 times, haven't gotten to #2 yet

The voices are as bad as everyone has been saying, only one that I found even marginally acceptable was Ronan, Rocket and Yondu were criminally bad.
If they are final, then no amount of editing will save this game, they have virtually ruined it for anyone who has seen the movies. Usually I like full songs being played on a pin, good examples Roadshow, and Back to the Future, as it stands now, the use of the 2 songs they got is not good, they'll need to fix that.

Also didn't like the select a mode before you plunge thing, just my personal preference. Gameplay at this point is pretty basic , after all the layout is very familiar, and the rules quite elementary, they will improve with time of course, but at this point after a few games I was pretty much done.

Artwork is fine, and it shoots fairly well, but it's got a very long way to go to be a game I would ever consider owning.

#3808 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

shitty Smashmouth song

Ding ding ding!

Award for "Most Redundant" Pinside post of 2017!

#3809 6 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

Also didn't like the select a mode before you plunge thing, just my personal preference. Gameplay at this point is pretty basic , after all the layout is very familiar, and the rules quite elementary, they will improve with time of course, but at this point after a few games I was pretty much done.

This has to be a design holdover from AS and KISS where you pick your song to start a ball. It would maybe be more fun if missions had to be qualified before you can choose them. I haven't played GoTG, but watched the streams. A few others have said they don't like the mission picking either.

Rob

#3810 6 years ago

I’m not a fan of mission picking on this, but I think it’s because making shots during the modes don’t feel very different from mode to mode. If each mode actually felt different I wouldn’t mind it. I think that can be fixed mostly with code and video editing.

#3811 6 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Ding ding ding!
Award for "Most Redundant" Pinside post of 2017!

Shitty Smashmouth song

#3812 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Shitty Smashmouth song

Haha, is there any other type?

#3813 6 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

The only good thing about Cherry bomb and Hooked on a feeling is that you can replace them with 2 songs of your choice and of the same length, with Pinball Browser.

Totally disagree. I enjoy hearing both songs in the game. No problems at all, actually. Then again, Hooked on a Feeling was on the radio when I first started listening to the radio. It was awesome then and it’s awesome now!

Different strokes.

#3814 6 years ago

I like both songs, but they should probably be specific to a mode or special state in the game so that they don't repeat so often and aren't always so cut short. It makes them feel a little disposable. That treatment worked well for the Ghostbusters theme because they cut the vocals and it was good background music to stitch together other audio tracks that were designed for that specific theme.

#3815 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Shitty Smashmouth song

You say that like there are actually non shitty Smashmouth songs.

#3816 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I like both songs, but they should probably be specific to a mode or special state in the game so that they don't repeat so often and aren't always so cut short.

I agree and I would say attract mode or match screen, the orchestral score sounds great and there's really no need for the for anything else.JMO

#3817 6 years ago

Picking your mode/mission before plunging the ball is mostly just lazy code.

“I can’t think of anything interesting for the player to do to qualify - EARN - a mode. Hey! Why not just let them pick the mode up front?”

Gary: “Yeah! And then we can just recycle that code for all our games!”.

I guess it works on a music pin to some extent, as it gets you into a tune right away. But again, better to make the player work for that tune!

#3818 6 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

“I can’t think of anything interesting for the player to do to qualify - EARN - a mode. Hey! Why not just let them pick the mode up front?”
I guess it works on a music pin to some extent, as it gets you into a tune right away. But again, better to make the player work for that tune!

There are ways to do it right. AC/DC has you select your song, but you need to make a key short or two in order to really get the mode rolling. Maybe things could evolve in that direction a little bit.

#3819 6 years ago

Edit: Smashmouth song

#3820 6 years ago

I don't think it's lazy code. I think it's a marketing strategy to get players new to the machine to drop more money in the machine to try the other modes.

#3821 6 years ago

X10

#3822 6 years ago

I still don’t get the lazy comments. Every time I start AC/DC Met Star Trek GOT or Kiss I select a mode to start.

Why are Aero and GOTG singles out for this design concept?

Of course they all react differently but at the base level they very very similar.

#3823 6 years ago

Hmm...which mode is started with MET?

#3824 6 years ago

You are right shouldn’t have included Met but I think the others hold.

#3825 6 years ago

No, I was only asking because I thought you were counting the CIU mode equally as you would say ST, CIU song pick to me is ok, because you worked for it. Even picking songs with different shots in the beginning is fine. It's the cut scenes from a movie that doesn't well, feel right. Maybe they could start the game off with a short preamble mode then you'd have to hit something to start a mode. I know this is the traditional way to start a mode but it may work better for a movie pin rather than browsing through the different scenes and starting something on command. I can't help but think again this evolution is a bit lopsided toward tournament play.

#3826 6 years ago

Maybe they just wanted something noob friendly after star wars , and decided to (no pun intended) K.I.S.S.

#3827 6 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

I still don’t get the lazy comments. Every time I start AC/DC Met Star Trek GOT or Kiss I select a mode to start.
Why are Aero and GOTG singles out for this design concept?
Of course they all react differently but at the base level they very very similar.

Because there's more to do than modes in most those other games; and the modes surrounding those games compliment their layouts and designs very well. Aerosmith isn't a bad game by any means; but it, GOTG, ST, TF, KISS, all suffer from the same mode concept....pick a mode, play it for 30 seconds, then pick another mode...with some small perks here and there. It's not bad, it's just generic. other games that get praises for its code is designed specifically for each game, theme, and design. i.e. MET, TWD, GOT, AC/DC, etc...there's just a lot more going on in those games and the rules are original and creative.

#3829 6 years ago

I'm guessing next pin will be Tron or LOTR vault.

#3830 6 years ago
Quoted from fishmanrob:

Unless Tron is blinged out close to the LE I can't see them selling a lot, and LotR will be going for about what a nice HUO LE already goes for, but all you're getting is a more fragile board set but potentially more reliable flippers and LEDs. Both seem like a more tough sell than other vaults.

#3831 6 years ago
Quoted from fishmanrob:

Lotr is done....

#3832 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Lotr is done....

Hmm. This can be taken two ways. Done as in "a done deal" or "done and not happening"?

#3833 6 years ago

Does the new code ruin/fix bobalee bo bo?

#3834 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Hmm. This can be taken two ways. Done as in "a done deal" or "done and not happening"?</block

I think it's simply a hint that Tron VE is coming.

#3835 6 years ago

Bobalee bobo is still in there thank god! And crazy enough, I can hit the rocket shot way more consistently on the new code! Two thumbs up.

#3836 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Bobalee bobo is still in there thank god!

I'll be happy about it being in there until I have to be around it in person.

#3837 6 years ago

From the read me for the new code, sounds like a lot of noticeably missing stuff is now in. Also, I wonder want the adjustment to 'turn off alternate movie lines' refers to. Drax and Star-Lord speech now in there too.

PRO V0.73 - December 5, 2017
=====================
- added Extra Ball is lit display effect.
- added Bonus Multiplier award display effect (via Guardians target).
- added Groot Multiball jackpot display effects.
- added additional Ronan speech.
- added additional Rocket Speech.
- added additional "movie extras" Speech.
- added Yaka Arrow II Speech.
- added Ronan Speech to Sanctuary II.
- added Drax Speech.
- added music to sound test.
- added Orb Multiball Jackpot, Double Jackpot, Super Jackpot sound FX.
- added mode timing out, timed out sound FX.
- added Extra Ball lit sound FX.
- added Shoot Again sound FX.
- added Ball Save Lit/Awarded sound FX.
- added Star Lord speech to modes/multiballs.
- added Orb lock lightshow.
- added an adjustment to turn off alternate movie lines.
- fixed a problem where, upon draining, the last movie line would be repeated at the start of the next ball.
- added new bonus multiplier awards.
- added background video to end of ball bonus.
- fixed an issue where flipper cancel on bonus didn't show the end bonus total.
- modified groot jackpots display awards to avoid overlapping mode/other awards.
- mode timers are now based upon the length of the mode music.
- fixed flipper blowoff display timing.
- fixed a problem where mode timing was incorrect when played during a multiball event.
- fixed a problem where groot/orb multiball, when over, restarted the mode music if a mode was active.
- added extra ball speech.

#3838 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

And crazy enough, I can hit the rocket shot way more consistently on the new code! Two thumbs up.

How does this have anything to do with a code update?

#3839 6 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

The last update made flippers go weak at times. Maybe this one fixed that.

I'm still really hating the code and progression. It's just not fun. On the other hand, Twd and BM66 code is phenomenal.

#3840 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

The last update made flippers go weak at times. Maybe this one fixed that.
I'm still really hating the code and progression. It's just not fun. On the other hand, Twd and BM66 code is phenomenal.

That's a real shame that your not enjoying GOTG. TWD is an absolutely great game though! Can't wait to get one in the next few months.
Hopefully with a decent code update Guardians can become a classic too.

#3841 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Does the new code ruin/fix bobalee bo bo?

Makes him say it twice as much.

#3842 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Makes him say it twice as much.

that's terrible.

#3843 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

that's terrible.

Lol can you imagine? People would be saying .........please put cherry bomb playing all the time again

#3844 6 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

#3845 6 years ago

Anyone want to chime in with the new code?

Are there are lines not used in the movie?

#3846 6 years ago

Of course Stern will do the most important things as code progresses like saving “bobalee bo” as default grand champion.

#3847 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Anyone want to chime in with the new code?
Are there are lines not used in the movie?

Installed last night and played a few games on the new 0.73 code;

- A lot of movies lines re-done by sound-alikes. No original lines except "Extra Ball".
- Several lines are paraphrased or modified. Like during the processing into the Kyln, Rocket talks about Quill as "this one's OUR booty!". In the pin, the line is modified to "this one's OUR new toy!" Apparently Stern is afraid of booty.
- Orchestral music plays during each mode. Not bad. Hooked On A Feeling or Cherry Bomb only play if no mode is active.
- LCD movie clips integrated with added graphics.....looks good.

Later,
EV

#3848 6 years ago

On a different note, I completely don't understand all the hubbub about the "bobbily boo" callout. Did no one see the movie?

Later,
EV

#3849 6 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

On a different note, I completely don't understand all the hubbub about the "bobbily boo" callout. Did no one see the movie?
» YouTube video
Later,
EV

IMO “bobillyboo” on GOTG is like Joe Pesci “Ok, Ok, Ok” on DE’s LW

I don’t want to shit on the game because I’d rather buy it so hopefully the Stern union address where they said they’re redoing the Audio/Video of the game becomes true.

No way in hell I’m buying it until it’s complete & to my liking because I don’t trust Stern (they’re all big cowboy hats & no cattle when it comes to code/promises)

#3850 6 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

» YouTube video
Later,
EV

The gag stemmed from the wasp stream when the code was released where the really bad sound a like repeats the line over and over and over. The repetition and lack of context is made it a wtf moment that became the running gag...

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,495 (Firm)
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 86.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-is-here/page/77?hl=djoverpour and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.