50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg
There are 4,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 86.
#3751 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

All good. We like all pinball and his point is to concentrate on what you like and keep the bad comments about what you do not like to yourself. There are plenty of good people on Pinside and the negative rumours are starting to drive good people away from Pinside, including us. We have just put the new code in TWD so we are going to have a flip!

why keeping to yourself criticism as long as it is fair and not agressive?
when i say i don't like a pin with arguments, is it a bad comment that i must keep for myself?
a forum is a place to discuss and everybody can't agree with everybody. now if pinside is only a place where you can only write that each pin is great (and this is not in the other way) then many good people will let away Pinside too.
Pinside is a tool for me about my hobby where i can look for information, help, advise so i can take what is good for me and let what it is bad for me.
have a good flip

#3752 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

when i say i don't like a pin with arguments, is it a bad comment that i must keep for myself?
a forum is a place to discuss and everybody can't agree with everybody. now if pinside is only a place where you can only write that each pin is great (and this is not in the other way) then many good people will let away Pinside too.
Pinside is a tool for me about my hobby where i can look for information, help, advise so i can take what is good for me and let what it is bad for me.
have a good flip

Fully agreed.

It's the constant pissing contest going on here that got me off regularly visiting Pinside. "Letting it go" is not a option, behavior on pre-school level has become the norm.

#3753 6 years ago

LE's should start shipping soon!!

#3755 6 years ago

I watched Zachs SDTM stream last night and I have to admit the game from a hardware perspective is pretty sweet. It looks super fun to play and even the code looks adequate for someone of my skill level I rarely get to wizard modes and really explore the depth of code. The only thing that bugs me is the LCD and the Audio everything else looks pretty top notch. I was sitting in my living room with my wife and nothing was on so I watched Twitch on my big TV. I have never done this before but I figured I might as well try it out. My wife was messing around on her iPad and she is not into Pinball. After about 20 minutes she turns to me rather annoyed and says why the hell does he keep playing those two songs over and over. She thought Zach had music on in the back ground with those two songs on repeat. I explained it was the pin and she said I don't ever want that in our house. LOL

#3756 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

have a good flip

I have no issue with opinions.

My issue is with vendettas and broken record bashing.

I don’t wish to derail this thread any more than it already has though.

Perhaps I’ll start a new thread about it, and we can have a civilized discourse there?!

I’m genuinely excited to play a GOTG. It’s new pinball... I think that’s what I care about most.

#3757 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

LE's should start shipping soon!!

Same message I got from my distributor this morning!

#3758 6 years ago
#3759 6 years ago

Some uv pics of the gotg play field my distributor sent me earlier if anyone is interested;

https://www.facebook.com/pinstadium/posts/328804937594188

#3760 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I watched Zachs SDTM stream last night and I have to admit the game from a hardware perspective is pretty sweet. It looks super fun to play and even the code looks adequate for someone of my skill level I rarely get to wizard modes and really explore the depth of code. The only thing that bugs me is the LCD and the Audio everything else looks pretty top notch. I was sitting in my living room with my wife and nothing was on so I watched Twitch on my big TV. I have never done this before but I figured I might as well try it out. My wife was messing around on her iPad and she is not into Pinball. After about 20 minutes she turns to me rather annoyed and says why the hell does he keep playing those two songs over and over. She thought Zach had music on in the back ground with those two songs on repeat. I explained it was the pin and she said I don't ever want that in our house. LOL

Your wife's pretty smart

#3761 6 years ago

Got the chance to play gotg today (about 12 games) and I thought it had some nice shots and like the machine as a whole and with proper code i think it will be a hit but it had to have the worst audio ever.holy shit I can still hear that shItty song in my head!!!!

#3762 6 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Got the chance to play gotg today (about 12 games) and I thought it had some nice shots and like the machine as a whole and with proper code i think it will be a hit but it had to have the worst audio ever.holy shit I can still hear that shItty song in my head!!!!

Which song are you referring? Cherry Bomb, Hooked on a Feeling, or the Stern custom music?

#3763 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Which song are you referring? Cherry Bomb, Hooked on a Feeling, or the Stern custom music?

Hooked on a feeling but I'm no fan of cherry bomb either

#3764 6 years ago
Quoted from Holden4:

Some uv pics of the gotg play field my distributor sent me earlier if anyone is interested;
https://www.facebook.com/pinstadi

Yet even more pinstadium 'advertising'? Ugh!

Is there a date for an LE dead flip stream yet?

Rob

#3765 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Yeah, "UV glow" looks frikkin' terrible. One of the most colorful games of all time, and what they do? Turn everything purple.

#3766 6 years ago

More like ultravomit, amirite?

#3767 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

It's wearing on me. I hope they're paying Robin & Co some coin to spam the forum.

#3768 6 years ago

I already ordered my pinstadiums for my GOTGLE. I have a few of my games done and they look fantastic.

In my opinion. However perhaps not for everybody.

#3769 6 years ago

I don't mind the white light, but the UV mode is, uh, not my thing.

#3770 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

Yeah I wasn’t advertising for them just not sure anyone has or hasn’t seen, the white makes the game look nice and bright, too each there own tho.

I’m glad this thread has turned back on track and not rape and bashing one another. Just have fun

#3771 6 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Hooked on a feeling but I'm no fan of cherry bomb either

I hear you about the current state of the code where the song plays all the time when not in mission, but man am I so happy they included it at all. This pin would be less IMO without a couple key songs from the soundtrack. I'm glad Stern made this happen.

#3772 6 years ago
Quoted from jarch:

I hear you about the current state of the code where the song plays all the time when not in mission, but man am I so happy they included it at all. This pin would be less IMO without a couple key songs from the soundtrack. I'm glad Stern made this happen.

It's early and they should not have released it. I'm still hoping they use the songs at different points. It would be great to have a song barring for groot multi ball and another in another mode, or modes maybe when you get the super ramps etc..

#3773 6 years ago

I played it yesterday. The code is so undeveloped. Play field lights on targets and lanes just blink constantly without doing anything when u hit or rollover them. Shows a spinner value being rewarded and there is no spinner. Cut scenes are just randomly playing along with the terrible call outs with no rhyme or reason. During groot multi ball one of my balls landed in the right scoop and when all the other balls drained,it released my ball and gave me groot multi Ball all over again. The only thing that makes sense to shoot for is groot for groot multi ball. I wanted so bad to like this. I was even thinking of purchasing it. I can’t. No way. There is no way this beta version of the game should be sold at full price. Could be good down the road but I won’t ever play it again now this way. Such a shame. Worse or as bad as batman 66 early code IMO. Looks gorgeous though.

#3774 6 years ago

Hooked on a feeling is like that shitty Smashmouth song on Shrek.

I don’t like it.

Almost feels like we’re getting trolled by Stern on this game sometimes

#3775 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Hooked on a feeling is like that shitty Smashmouth song on Shrek.
I don’t like it.
Almost feels like we’re getting trolled by Stern on this game sometimes

Starting it from the beginning isn't helping it at all. Doesn't flow very well the way they have it.

#3776 6 years ago

Anyone else think of Reservoir Dogs when hearing Hooked on a Feeling?

I hope the game changes cause I want to waste my money on it.

#3777 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I hope the game changes cause I want to waste my money on it.

You can do that right now.

#3778 6 years ago

Should probably post this in the owner thread,but anyone notice the bottom of the PF appears to have a layer of clear on it too? The top looks amazing and the cab is perfect, but never seen gloss on the underside before.
Fit and finish appears to be back on track with this release...

#3779 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Should probably post this in the owner thread,but anyone notice the bottom of the PF appears to have a layer of clear on it too? The top looks amazing and the cab is perfect, but never seen gloss on the underside before.
Fit and finish appears to be back on track with this release...

Bottom clear has happened since b66, at least my b66 and AS has it.

#3780 6 years ago

Wow, whatta thread.

Thanks Wasp, for the awesome streaming. Your set up is awesome and you’re totally entertaining!

So, I played GOTG on route recently, BEFORE knowing about the voiceovers. I knew something was up, like a code drop, because Pinside was blowing up, but I didn’t want to read until I’d played it.

I didn’t even notice that the call outs weren’t from the movie. I’ve seen the first movie and highly enjoyed it - especially the humor and the soundtrack! - but obviously I don’t know it inside and out and I’m not a die hard. Just wanted to comment that the call outs didn’t bother me. I was just happy there WERE voices and a more coherent game. When the “abobboli Bobo” started it was a serious WTF moment! Not first remembering that scene in the movie I thought the game had been hacked and someone was totally messing with me! It was that random and intrusive. I didn’t laugh because I was confused, but in retrospect, especially after reading Pinside, it’s pretty hilarious.

The game is super fast, and I think kind of a drain monster. That left out lane is brutal! It’s so damn fast there is no time that look at the LCD for much of anything. I feel the same about SW and other games and am starting to question how much value-add an LCD adds to the actual players experience. The shots are fun to hit (nothing fresh in the layout) and the Rockit shot is difficult. It’s not the same as IM. Light show is cool. I like AS a lot, so rules work ok, but really, are recycled rules the best we can do nowadays?

I will play the game on route. It’s the newest game and delivers on that “new game excitement” level. It was in a GREAT arcade (Rock Fantasy) that has all the new and best games, and it was the one I wanted to play most, because it’s new!!

I owned AVLE and saw how the “non-movie” voices polluted people’s perception of that game. The game was so fun that they didn’t bother me, but obviously, movie voices are always better. I guess it remains to be seen how devastating this is to GOTG’s ultimate reputation. I agree 100% with the notion that this theme demands the music and humor of the movie, and suffers from minimal tunes and second hand actors.

This game could have been quite special, and now it’s really just...

...a fun pinball machine? A great call for route ops, but should offer more for a home buyer IMO. Especially GOTG nuts.

#3781 6 years ago

The only good thing about Cherry bomb and Hooked on a feeling is that you can replace them with 2 songs of your choice and of the same length, with Pinball Browser.

#3782 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

How can you not?

#3783 6 years ago

What was the next game again?

#3784 6 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

For Stern? Hard to say with the shuffling. It SEEMS like it should be Iron Maiden. Supposedly Pulp Fiction had problems and was delayed or abandoned. Don't think Trudeau is going to be doing his Beatles pin, but hey, maybe he'll be acquitted.

Houdini, JJP Pirates of the Caribbean, and Lawlor's Toy Story are the big three for the next 12 months AFAIC.

#3785 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

For Stern? Hard to say with the shuffling. It SEEMS like it should be Iron Maiden. Supposedly Pulp Fiction had problems and was delayed or abandoned. Don't think Trudeau is going to be doing his Beatles pin, but hey, maybe he'll be acquitted.
Houdini, JJP Pirates of the Caribbean, and Lawlor's Toy Story are the big three for the next 12 months AFAIC.

Don't forget Elvira - Lyman on the code!

#3786 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Don't forget Elvira - Lyman on the code!

Ah, right. That's late 2018. I'm casually interested in that, but not a huge fan of the first two - they are just okay for me. Plus, Stern's chronic cost-cutting, cheap BoM, and terrible launch code with huge waits had better be addressed by then for this to even be considered. I'd literally pass on one of my dream pins (Iron Maiden) just to not promote Stern's reckless behavior lately. It's that bad.

#3787 6 years ago

Someone said there's a VE next. Tron? LOTR? What else would they VE?

#3788 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Someone said there's a VE next. Tron? LOTR? What else would they VE?

Recent rumor is TWDVe with spinner and bombs and comic art.

#3789 6 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

I thought one was rumored to be Jurassic World?

#3790 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I thought that was just a wishlist, not a rumour based on anything.

Though wishlists and rumours are mostly the same anyway.

#3791 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ah, right. That's late 2018. I'm casually interested in that, but not a huge fan of the first two - they are just okay for me. Plus, Stern's chronic cost-cutting, cheap BoM, and terrible launch code with huge waits had better be addressed by then for this to even be considered. I'd literally pass on one of my dream pins (Iron Maiden) just to not promote Stern's reckless behavior lately. It's that bad.

Not late 2018.

#3792 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Not late 2018.

I dunno how it can be early or mid 2018 and be awesome because Lyman's been working on Batman'66 full time since last year at the expense of everything else to make Batman'66 at least 1.00. He wouldn't have time to start Elvira 3 coding until at LEAST 1Q 2018 because he's been working full time on Batman'66 for over 12 months now. Gomez said that over and over and is still saying that, and he doesn't lie.

So if Lyman isn't getting started on Elvira 3 coding until 1Q 2018 and it's going to have at least 1.00 code (breaking the disturbing current Stern "we ship games nowhere close to even basic 1.00 games" trajectory), that's mid-2018, probably late 2018 shipping. Because, you know, Gomez said Lyman's been busy full time on Batman '66, and he insisted he was being honest. He INSISTED!

#3793 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I dunno how it can be early or mid 2018 and be awesome because Lyman's been working on Batman'66 full time since last year at the expense of everything else to make Batman'66 at least 1.00. He wouldn't have time to start Elvira 3 coding until at LEAST 1Q 2018 because he's been working full time on Batman'66. Gomez said that over and over and is still saying that, and he doesn't lie.
So if Lyman isn't getting started on Elvira 3 coding until 1Q 2018 and it's going to have at least 1.00 code (breaking the current Stern trajectory), that's mid-2018, probably late 2018 shipping. Because, you know, Gomez said Lyman's been busy full time on Batman '66.

Lyman's code is usually bare bones early on, then builds over time to greatness. The Batman '66 Christmas code release will be his last "on the clock" as he moves on to Elivra. He'll finish Batman '66 to his perfection standards on his own time.

Look for Elvira in the spring, or summer release at the latest.

#3794 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I thought that was just a wishlist, not a rumour based on anything.
Though wishlists and rumours are mostly the same anyway.

Nope, I was told it was happening by a reputable source. Same source actually also told me at the same time (5ish months ago) that new TWD was going to be coming to final polish (and rework some things to prepare for vault physical changes). now that the code for current models dropped, I think it gives the rumor more credence.

#3795 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Don't tease me like that. TWD with spinner & bombs but no crossbow is a dream game. Comic art, icing on the cake.

#3796 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I don't.

Quoted from gweempose:

How can you not?

When you think that Tarantino is the most over-rated director of all time, and have never made it through any of his movies they're so dreadful, even though you've tried to sit through several (Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill, From Dusk 'Til Dawn, etc.)

Later,
EV

#3797 6 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

I don't.

When you think that Tarantino is the most over-rated director of all time, and have never made it through any of his movies they're so dreadful, even though you've tried to sit through several (Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill, From Dusk 'Til Dawn, etc.)
Later,
EV

I'm not huge on the superviolence Tarantino seems to love, so I had no interest in Django Unchained, but caught it on TV by accident and ended up watching the whole thing. EXTREMELY entertaining. Give that one a shot.

#3798 6 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Don't tease me like that. TWD with spinner & bombs but no crossbow is a dream game. Comic art, icing on the cake.

I agree. I am killing myself with the thought that I would possibly pay the current NIB prices if they make it happen.

I honestly believed the rumor due to the source, but was still skeptical. The new code drop actually got me excited that it was a real possibility.

#3799 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I agree. I am killing myself with the thought that I would possibly pay the current NIB prices if they make it happen.
I honestly believed the rumor due to the source, but was still skeptical. The new code drop actually got me excited that it was a real possibility.

I'd miss Bicycle Girl ramp more than a spinner, but comic book art......drool. Just give me the whole Premium with comic book and I'd sell my existing Premium to get one.

#3800 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Recent ? lol I started that rumor a year ago.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 28.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.00
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 4,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 86.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-is-here/page/76?hl=djoverpour and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.