50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg
There are 4,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 86.
#3601 6 years ago

Going to play a pro for the first time tomorrow. Looking forward to it. Got a feeling I'll love the layout (as I love Borg games) and art (duh), but be underwhelmed by ruleset, mostly because I've already got AS. Call outs aren't a big deal unless you've watched the movie 10 times and know them backwards.

#3602 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Going to play a pro for the first time tomorrow. Looking forward to it. Got a feeling I'll love the layout (as I love Borg games) and art (duh), but be underwhelmed by ruleset, mostly because I've already got AS. Call outs aren't a big deal unless you've watched the movie 10 times and know them backwards.

Looks like it shoots good to me, I bet you like it.

#3603 6 years ago

I had an idea to take a regular Stern shooter and customise it with a Milano Style throttle arm.

obviously still have to dress it up but this is just the mechanics of the design and it allows the plunger to come out over 2 inches. The handle may just be a little (few millimetres) higher than the lock down bar

What do you reckon?

Speed Controller (resized).pngSpeed Controller (resized).png

#3604 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I had an idea to take a regular Stern shooter and customise it with a Milano Style throttle arm.
obviously still have to dress it up but this is just the mechanics of the design and it allows the plunger to come out over 2 inches. The handle may just be a little (few millimetres) higher than the lock down bar
What do you reckon?

looks nice. Does it pivot (hinged) or is the whole thing fixed and pulling the "handle" is just like pulling the plunger?

#3605 6 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

looks nice. Does it pivot (hinged) or is the whole thing fixed and pulling the "handle" is just like pulling the plunger?

Pulling the handle will pull the plunger back so the handle is functional

#3606 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

obviously still have to dress it up but this is just the mechanics of the design and it allows the plunger to come out over 2 inches

very nice !

Quoted from swinks:

The handle may just be a little (few millimetres) higher than the lock down bar

not nice

#3607 6 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

respectfully I disagree, the "voice over" is awful, Its so bad I don't even find it remotely funny. I am fan of GOTG in fact there's more voice overs NOT accurate to the movie scene being played (guessing for replay-ability ). Most the "call outs" I heard in the stream where a female voice saying "timer ended" etc... call outs are also horribly bad.
Yondu vs Broker scene actual Moive, he says "I like to stick-em all in row on my control console" Stern's request files, there are 4 voice overs 3 of the 4 refer .... in a row on my "dash board" WTF!

No sugar coating it:
-Goot sounds like gargled Optimist Prime voice
-Ronin the Accuser sounds like Bane from Batman
-Broker, similar enough but still misses the mark
-Nebula, similar enough
-Gamora, I have no idea seems so obvious its not Zoe S...
-Rocket, raspy & botched
-Yondo, red-neck hillbilly with the wrong accent (sounds like he does some extra ball, mystery, etc... callouts)
-Thanos, similar enough
-Drax, I can't seem to find his voice in the code
-Star Load/ Peter Quill, I can't seem to find his voice in the code
It's currently just awful, the more I dig the worst it gets, the voice over's/call outs are so integrated it would take an insane amount of time to edit all these voices over from the movie, I feel bad for the one wanting to take this on. I just don't see Stern changing this.
GB is a fine example of accurate speech 10x fold, I never grow tired of hearing accurate speech for the movie theme pins.
However, yes it looks like sound can be edited, pulled & added, its a bit more complex than just capturing sound as sometimes there isolating background noise, orchestral music, along with actor speech, its currently proving difficult for me at least. As I been playing with this from Stern's Star Trek I want the OG Spock aka Leonard Nimoy voice at the end, instead of Chris Pines James T Kirk. "Space! The final frontier...."

Its just sad that if the communty does all the work, we basically pay full price AND does the work stern should be doing...:/

#3608 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

He never made a rape joke nor was he making fun of rape in any way so get over yourself. He used the word rape talking about easy shots that you can make all day long. Maybe not the best choice of words but not nearly as big of a deal as you are trying to make it either. I just love these times we are living in where the cool thing to do is look for reasons to be offended.

I'll get over myself if you get over yourself for being so sensitive for issues other people have with Stern games

Never known someone so sensitive over people's issues with big boy toys

#3609 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I'll get over myself if you get over yourself for being so sensitive for issues other people have with Stern games

Seriously, you've never known people to be this sensitive? Everyone is offended and sensitive about everything in today's world including yourself.

I'll get over myself when you get over yourself and I'm rubber and you're glue and blah blah blah.

#3610 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Seriously, you've never known people to be this sensitive? Everyone is offended and sensitive about everything in today's world including yourself.
I'll get over myself when you get over yourself and I'm rubber and you're glue and blah blah blah.

This post offends me.

#3611 6 years ago

I’m not offended by many things and someone not liking Stern games certainly isn’t one of them lol. I just don’t like people talking crap when they have no reason to or no facts to back up their claims. If someone doesn’t like a particular game it doesn’t bother me at all. I just get tired of all the negative BS for nothing all the time.

#3612 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

This post offends me.

f3ee970a8a4e2a73fd8a6df1d8a3c3af (resized).jpgf3ee970a8a4e2a73fd8a6df1d8a3c3af (resized).jpg

#3613 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I’m not offended by many things and someone not liking Stern games certainly isn’t one of them lol. I just don’t like people talking crap when they have no reason to or no facts to back up their claims. If someone doesn’t like a particular game it doesn’t bother me at all. I just get tired of all the negative BS for nothing all the time.

The fact you think I was talking crap shows we are a million miles away from ever agreeing.

Simple answer to all of this.......

Bye

e8a6045b7d35281cb881c72e134f28a0--crazy-holiday-holiday-deals (resized).jpge8a6045b7d35281cb881c72e134f28a0--crazy-holiday-holiday-deals (resized).jpg

#3614 6 years ago

368597d5932a8fa6ce05fdf25ed2502c86eb80d8 (resized).jpg368597d5932a8fa6ce05fdf25ed2502c86eb80d8 (resized).jpg

#3615 6 years ago

The fact you think I was talking crap shows we are a million miles away from ever agreeing.
Bye

I wasn’t even talking about you. I’m talking about all the negative Nancy’s on here. Smh.....

#3616 6 years ago

Bye

Your going to be in time out and miss recess if you don't simmer down.

#3617 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

What do you reckon?

need idea, but I have to think this is going to beat up the lock down bar over time?

can you set up a limiter so people dont do that?

#3618 6 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

But better players who prefer tough shots over wide-open shots you can rape all day are going to be hooked on this pin.

Uhhh, considering everything that's been going down lately, you couldn't have come up with a better choice of words?

#3619 6 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

respectfully I disagree, the "voice over" is awful, Its so bad I don't even find it remotely funny

I find bobbity bo to be hilarious, I pretty much agree with your assessment of the rest.

If I were Stern I wouldn't be paying the voice people until they rerecorded Ronan, Yondu, and some of the Rocket lines.

#3621 6 years ago

I'm glad there are callouts in the game, so progress at least in the right direction. That being said I couldn't really get past the cheap feel with voice actors. The Yondu parts were cringe worthy. I have an Avengers pin that I customized complete with movie callouts and music, but that took a long time to do. I'm not sure if I want to do that again.

That being said, I think this would've been much easier if they simply used a voice actor for Howard the Duck to do all the callouts. Ignore movie lines, have Howard be more like a guide through the game while making movie references.

#3622 6 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

But everything doesn't always end up getting resolved and there's always a risk that you'll be stuck with a Sturd (Stern turd) like Transformers.

I love Transformers. One of my favourite games. I don’t give a rats arse if it isn’t the original Megatron voice. It is good enough for a pinball game.
Everybody who comes and plays on my games always remark how much they enjoy it. I know one pinhead bought one after only playing a couple of games on mine. Another guy is looking for one to buy.

Take away the Pinside hive mentality and there are a lot of good games out there.

#3623 6 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

And screw Stern for bungling the audio so hard and rushing this out the door. They don't deserve a ton of early sales here.

And yet you give them an early sale.

How anyone thinks Stern is going to change if buyers don't hold them accountable is beyond me.

#3624 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

How anyone thinks Stern is going to change if buyers don't hold them accountable is beyond me.

I agree, but there are different contraints in the equation for buying on route.

Granted those need to be considered also, but till recently I think many ops viewed Sternpros as a sure thing to purchase.

#3625 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

When I see statements like this I always wonder. I mean, if all the complaining on Pinside about Stern over the last two years was removed from the site, there might only be 1/3 of the posts. Yet people complain that Stern hasn't changed yet, which probably means that all the complaining hasn't really impacted their sales. Does this mean all the complaining on Pinside really does mean nothing? Mind blown....

#3626 6 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

people complain that Stern hasn't changed yet, which probably means that all the complaining hasn't really impacted their sales. Does this mean all the complaining on Pinside really does mean nothing?

No, it doesn't mean nothing.

But when people bitch and moan about quality and code issues and continue to buy new games with those same issues - that means nothing. It makes things worse because it shows Stern we don't have the balls to back up our words with actions. Why should Stern change if we are still begging to buy games we complain about? Why should they care if we really don't?

And I don't buy that the decision for an operator is fundamentally different. Rewarding bad behavior never works out for anyone.

#3627 6 years ago

Replacing a voice actor callout with a movie quote is putting lipstick on a pig. The big problem, which you can't fix, is that the callouts just play in a loop with no regard for what's happening on the playfield. If you're dying to hear Hollywood actors, just turn down your game volume and crank up a DVD while you play. Same effect. You can even make a GOTG2 pin!

#3628 6 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Does this mean all the complaining on Pinside really does mean nothing? Mind blown....

I think we can assume SW sales are way less than expected now thatit already showed up on the IFPA/Stern rewards program. That is where left over stock with too many parts produced seems to go...

#3629 6 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

That being said, I think this would've been much easier if they simply used a voice actor for Howard the Duck to do all the callouts. Ignore movie lines, have Howard be more like a guide through the game while making movie references.

Marvel ONLY lets the two douchebag "actors" do pinball voices. It doesn't matter if it was supposed to be "Howard the Duck", it would still sound like one of these 2 assholes & not Seth Green who voiced Howard the Duck in GOTG. It also wouldn't solve the problem of a personality based theme having zero personality. They needed the movie callouts mixed with a GOOD Rocket & Drax sound-alike for custom callouts, end of story. They failed. Marvel sucks for pinball. Hopefully all the Deadpool contracts go through Fox...that game will still have a chance.

#3630 6 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Uhhh, considering everything that's been going down lately, you couldn't have come up with a better choice of words?

When talking about pinball? No, I'm good.

Quoted from jfh:

Yep. Operator decision. Wouldn't buy one at this stage for myself though and I'm sure Stern is losing lots of sales, especially LE sales.

#3631 6 years ago

Stern never seems to miss an opportunity to disappoint

#3632 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

But when people bitch and moan about quality and code issues and continue to buy new games with those same issues - that means nothing. It makes things worse because it shows Stern we don't have the balls to back up our words with actions. Why should Stern change if we are still begging to buy games they complain about? Why should they care if we really don't?
And I don't buy that the decision for an operator is fundamentally different. Rewarding bad behavior never works out for anyone.

Exactly! It is obvious that for all the complaining, nothing is really changing. So either the complainers were never buying Stern in the first place, are buying Stern regardless, or those who aren't don't make enough of a difference to matter to Stern.

If someone complains, but then goes ahead and buys the pin anyway, who cares? I personally am not going to buy GoTG right away. Was planning to, but unless a code update comes out in the next couple of weeks that changes things up, I will wait.

However I am not trying to get people to join some crusade, and get "pinball woke", and change the world. If people want to buy, they will buy. Don't see what getting all butthurt about how other people choose to spend their money solves anything.

#3633 6 years ago

I keep reading about comparisons with Metallica but don't see them besides a similar layout. Metallica Pro actually offers value with original + custom callouts by the band, has laser etched metal ramps, metal habit rails, metal lane guides, two molded toys, main magnet and 3 drop targets.

Compared to Metallica Pro GOTG looks like a game with a whole lot of plastic. Fast and furious? Of course, the ramps are plastic...at $5500+ that's not always a good thing.

Sterns last two releases seem more focused on increasing the bottom line compared to offering feature rich products. Even the pro at $5500 is a ton of money to spend on a pin, for that amount of dough I expect more.

#3634 6 years ago

Stern basically peaked at Metallica. You can tell this since so many comparisons keep being made back to it with each new release.

#3635 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I keep reading about comparisons with Metallica but don't see them besides a similar layout.

Obviously that's the comparison. Very similar layouts, with IM War Machine kickback thrown in. As a MET & IM owner, for that fact alone, I'd never own GOTG.

But man that GOTG code is a joke tho. The worst integration of video clips & sound on any LCD game to date. I can't believe the clips/sounds just loop regardless of ball interaction & what's happening on the playfield. I don't know how you could do any worse. They may fix it a year from now, but at that point, who gives a shit. Damage is already done & people will be onto the next big thing. What a waste of a great license.

Anyone who buys this to put in their home before the code is complete is insane. So many better choices/value out there. Don't settle for less.

#3636 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I keep reading about comparisons with Metallica but don't see them besides a similar layout. Metallica Pro actually offers value with original + custom callouts by the band, has laser etched ramps, metal habit rails, metal lane guides, two molded toys, main magnet and 3 drop targets.
Compared to Metallica Pro GOTG looks like a game with a whole lot of plastic. Fast and furious? Of course, the ramps are plastic...at $5500+ that's not always a good thing.
Sterns last two releases seem more focused on increasing the bottom line compared to offering feature rich products. Even the pro at $5500 is a ton of money to spend on a pin, for that amount of dough I expect more.

I see you talk about value a lot. How much value do you put on fun?

Not saying the game is fun, just curious.

Quoted from ForceFlow:

Stern basically peaked at Metallica. You can tell this since so many comparisons keep being made back to it with each new release.

I dunno. Walking Dead is a fantastic game.

#3637 6 years ago

I'm not buying any more Stern NIB games, but I still enjoy playing them on location and lucky we have a few decent places to do so, however, I still HATE paying a buck a game for beta code. It's one thing when they put games on test locations before release, but they don't even do that anymore. I'm just starting to finally enjoy Batman 66, but come on. It shouldn't take this long to have a complete game. Stern needs to hire more help and ship games complete. End of story.

#3638 6 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

I dunno. Walking Dead is a fantastic game.

And how many years did it take to get fantastic? When it was first released, everyone hated it. Im guessing this will be the same way. Given some time for the code to develop, it will be good.

#3639 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

And how many years did it take to get fantastic? When it was first released, everyone hated it. Im guessing this will be the same way. Given some time for the code to develop, it will be good.

Wrong. 2 major points:

1. TWD, as a theme, can get by not being exactly like the show. Player vs. Zombies is simple enough to work.

2. LYMAN MOTHAFARKIN' SHEATS.

GOTG is too dependent on the humor & charm of the license to botch the audio component...and no Lyman = the game is what it is. Hoping for anything different is a fools errand.

#3640 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Marvel ONLY lets the two douchebag "actors" do pinball voices. It doesn't matter if it was supposed to be "Howard the Duck", it would still sound like one of these 2 assholes & not Seth Green who voiced Howard the Duck in GOTG. It also wouldn't solve the problem of a personality based theme having zero personality. They needed the movie callouts mixed with a GOOD Rocket & Drax sound-alike for custom callouts, end of story. They failed. Marvel sucks for pinball. Hopefully, all the Deadpool contracts go through Fox...that game will still have a chance.

My reasoning is, Howard the Duck was a nice little easter egg put in by James Gunn. He has all of 10-12 seconds of air time in 2 movies but a nice callback for comic book fans. I don't think people would care near as much to have that character have a voice actor with original call-outs compared to the main characters having voice-overs from actual movie lines.

I'm fairly certain a Deadpool pin would go through Marvel as Disney and Marvel have retained all merchandising rights to the characters. Deadpool seems to be on the verge of reverting back to Marvel anyhow. The movie is cool and all, but I'd much rather see a comic inspired Deadpool pin with Nolan North voicing the character.

#3641 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

About as long as Metallica did. Both happen to be coded by Lyman.

#3642 6 years ago

Don't be an asshole and use 'rape' as a term in pinball. It's really horrid. Don't defend it.

#3643 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

But when people bitch and moan about quality and code issues and continue to buy new games with those same issues - that means nothing. It makes things worse because it shows Stern we don't have the balls to back up our words with actions. Why should Stern change if we are still begging to buy games they complain about? Why should they care if we really don't?

Since GB premium my last Nib, I passed successively B66, AS, SW and GOTG.
Just Bought TWD LE huo last year with last code update and Met pro led Nib 5 month ago.
Was so disappointed with GOTG ( while I love the theme) that I ordered a DI LE.
Customers are not blind anymore and it is growing for sure.

#3644 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Don't be an asshole and use 'rape' as a term in pinball. It's really horrid. Don't defend it.

Yeah, totally unnecessary. We've done a good job purging it from common usage in video games and replacing it with "rekt" or something like that. It's been much nicer.

#3645 6 years ago

Looking at the stream from waspinat0r I think you guys are all confusing callouts in a game with speech. They added speech, not callouts. My opinion.

#3646 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't kowtow to PC policing, especially when it's misplaced. If your brain somehow equates raping an easy shot on a pinball machine with raping a person that's your problem. And you can't take the high road by name calling. And I've never liked you. You come off as smug.

#3647 6 years ago

57LgRE0 (resized).jpg57LgRE0 (resized).jpg

#3648 6 years ago

Being a PC gamer, the days of early release and unfinished work are here and it doesn't look like they're going away.

The gaming industry has started "early access" sales to beta versions of their software, and people are buying them up like gangbusters (pubg).

Some games stay in "early access" for 5+ years.

There's no such thing as gold standard anymore.

#3649 6 years ago

The most messed up thing about this is the rocket voice sounds a hell of a lot like Peter Quill. Enough that it confused me about who was talking.

#3650 6 years ago
Quoted from Raegor:

Being a PC gamer, the days of early release and unfinished work are here and it doesn't look like they're going away.
The gaming industry has started "early access" sales to beta versions of their software, and people are buying them up like gangbusters (pubg).
Some games stay in "early access" for 5+ years.
There's no such thing as gold standard anymore.

I agree. But at the same time, those developers tend to acknowledge they're releasing an unfinished product and that early buyers are meant to break the game to keep it evolving. This is much easier to do for $19.99-$39.99. Not so much for $5,500.

Now if Stern or other pinball manufacturers stated they're selling unfinished machines and encouraged us to find all the bugs for them, I think this forum might have a full meltdown lol.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 19.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 4,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 86.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-is-here/page/73?hl=raegor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.