50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg
There are 4,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 86.
#251 6 years ago

once released... new code will be released every 2 weeks...

#252 6 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

You have good and expensive tastes. Gigers go for the mid 4 figures and up and Frazettas start in the 5 figures and go way up from there. I have been trying to get a Clive Barker. He is prolific, but some of his mixed medium stuff is highly sought after.
Back to the game, I hope it is great. Depending upon the art, might would do the armor purple or Infinity Gauntlet gold. How about this as a topper or beside art? Only $1200 from Sideshow https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/marvel-thanos-on-throne-sideshow-collectibles-300434/

I've had the exclusive (LE lol) pre-ordered since the first few minutes it was released. Only a few more months of waiting...... already have the shelf space allocated. Sideshow has been my jam for almost 20 years now, except for the dollies. I just can't make that jump.

#253 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I refuse to be hyped about any Stern game until first wave of owners have the game for at least a couple months. It's just common sense now, if you're an early adopter then bless you for taking one for the team.
But, that said, art looks sick. I'm legit impressed by what I've seen so far, not really a surprise the characters look good given who's drawing them (and we knew/hoped it would be hand drawn, but still nice to see) but the other details, like getting the inserts right, the colors, the graphic styling etc, all on point.
Looking forward to seeing the full game.

Wow...... you like it, and this is photoshop.

I like it to, looks great.

#254 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

We should all hope and pray that this game is nothing like GB.

Wisest choice of all time.

Yes, the last thing we would want is another game loaded up with multiple unique features and toys, have handdrawn artwork, contain original character audio from the actors, and custom callouts from one of the films actors, lol.

#255 6 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I've had the exclusive (LE lol) pre-ordered since the first few minutes it was released. Only a few more months of waiting...... already have the shelf space allocated. Sideshow has been my jam for almost 20 years now, except for the dollies. I just can't make that jump.

So jealous! I missed out on the exclusive so will have to buy it off of eBay. Sure that will cost me some extra kashish, but the grinning head sculpt is so much better in my opinion. This looks to be one of their very best statues.

#256 6 years ago

Looking forward to see what Stern has to show with GOTG and what they have in store following JJP POTC and TNA being so hotly anticipated, exciting times for pinball.

#257 6 years ago

If you look at the left inlanes , it look likes they use the GB style metal inlane/outlane's.
I hope they put a rubber post in front of them so we don't have killer outlane's like GB.

2017103112300541844 (resized).png2017103112300541844 (resized).png

#258 6 years ago

It's comical how everyone says they are not going to get excited, no more hype, "teach a lesson" by not buying.... Then the announcement and it all comes back.

#259 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

It's comical how everyone says they are not going to get excited, no more hype, "teach a lesson" by not buying.... Then the announcement and it all comes back.

I dunno man.

There's a lot of "however" after many comments.

I'm excited, however...

#260 6 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Yeah... that rubs be the WRONG way... It's obviously a stab at Scott's TnA product... which I find distasteful.
Midly interested in this title... but honestly; I have no trust for Stern anymore.
I'll wait and buy second hand once the code and quality issues are confirmed.

I don’t see it that way. The whole 80s theme is part of Starlords history. It seems to me like a nice touch of that.

#261 6 years ago

Has anyone said who is working on the code?

#262 6 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I don’t see it that way. The whole 80s theme is part of Starlords history. It seems to me like a nice touch of that.

I agree, I've been seeing a lot of people bash Stern for the style choice saying they are copying TNA. I kind of see the point, but at the same time it ins't like TNA invented that style, it has been around for a while.

#263 6 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

I agree, I've been seeing a lot of people bash Stern for the style choice saying they are copying TNA. I kind of see the point, but at the same time it ins't like TNA invented that style, it has been around for a while.

Stern is no way copying TNA and it would silly for anyone to even think that.

#264 6 years ago

yeah, i think Stern was merely going for an 80s retro look based on the GOTG soundtrack, and their designer happened to be inspired by the same stuff the TNA designers were inspired by. i mean they probably started off the brainstorm session googling "80s logos" and just kinda latched on to the same visual queues.

#265 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

We are pinheads. It is acceptable to be excited for any new game coming out. That is part of what makes the hobby fun.

That said, people are definately gun shy on ordering. With each game cycle it appears more and more people are turned off or learning to hold tight and take the wait and see approach.

All sorts of reason to be excited for new pinball but push the pause button on buying into the hype with your wallet:
Price hikes
Games at high end and recent titles are losing value and quickly
All sort of quality issues (ghosting, split cabs, pealing decals, etc...)
Unfinished code
Broken promises and outright lies

Stern has burnt lots of customers and whil it is cool to have a new pin and at first glance some better promotion coming with the addition of Zach to the team, they have a long way to win over many people.

#266 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

yeah, i think Stern was merely going for an 80s retro look based on the GOTG soundtrack, and their designer happened to be inspired by the same stuff the TNA designers were inspired by. i mean they probably started off the brainstorm session googling "80s logos" and just kinda latched on to the same visual queues.

yes, i know a lot of people are drawing comparisons and saying spooky did it first, its kind of a thing (80s look, there's a term for it but it escapes me) even the maker of the game TNA said he was inspired by...

anyway I can't wait to hear what music they're going to have for this game (assuming they're going to use music from the soundtrack)

#267 6 years ago

This forum just continues to get more and more negative. It's amazing how some of you can't even get excited about seeing a new game. Getting excited doesn't mean you have to buy the thing. Some of you have become so bitter you can't even enjoy the hobby anymore. There's also nothing wrong with someone that wants an LE or is already in. It's their money and they can do what they want with it. The whole stick together as a group thing and teach stern a lesson is hilarious. If stern starts losing money they are not going to lower prices, that's not how it works.

Personally I'm super excited for this game. Can't wait to see what Borg came up with and looking forward to getting to play something new. I've had pretty good experiences with stern and if I want one I will get one. If I buy it knowing the code isn't were I want it yet then that's my own fault if it never gets there.

#268 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

This forum just continues to get more and more negative. It's amazing how some of you can't even get excited about seeing a new game. Getting excited doesn't mean you have to buy the thing. Some of you have become so bitter you can't even enjoy the hobby anymore. There's also nothing wrong with someone that wants an LE or is already in. It's their money and they can do what they want with it. The whole stick together as a group thing and teach stern a lesson is hilarious. If stern starts losing money they are not going to lower prices, that's not how it works.
Personally I'm super excited for this game. Can't wait to see what Borg came up with and looking forward to getting to play something new. I've had pretty good experiences with stern and if I want one I will get one. If I buy it knowing the code isn't were I want it yet then that's my own fault if it never gets there.

Bitterness comes with old age I guess.

#269 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

This forum just continues to get more and more negative. It's amazing how some of you can't even get excited about seeing a new game. Getting excited doesn't mean you have to buy the thing. Some of you have become so bitter you can't even enjoy the hobby anymore.

Agreed, it is terrible what Stern has done to create such animosity.

#270 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Agreed, it is terrible what Stern has done to create such animosity.

Then why are you in a stern thread trying to see what their next game is?

#271 6 years ago

We will all see what GOTG is about today. T-minus a few hours folks.

#272 6 years ago

The graphic reminds me most of Laser War...

lw (resized).jpglw (resized).jpg

#273 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Then why are you in a stern thread trying to see what their next game is?

Hopefully, the folks at Stern who read this forum will take note.

#274 6 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Yeah... that rubs be the WRONG way... It's obviously a stab at Scott's TnA product... which I find distasteful.
Midly interested in this title... but honestly; I have no trust for Stern anymore.
I'll wait and buy second hand once the code and quality issues are confirmed.

I would not let this bug you Zitt. I honestly do not believe that Stern was doing anything provocative here toward TNA. In fact, it is compliment to see one of the largest pinball manufacturers doing something with a similar art feel. Also, this style of retro-futurism art has been around for many years now and is gaining serious traction lately. It is the steampunk of the 80's. I would love to see this art style incorporated into GOTG and cannot wait for the full reveal.
--Scott

#275 6 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Here are the rumors I've heard:
- The game is rumored to be shipping in November
- It is rumored the game will be at IAAPA in Orlando which takes place November 13-17th
- Rumors that John Borg designed it and Christopher Franchi is the artist
- Rumored to have two flippers (not three as originally posted)
- Rumored to have two ramps (not three as originally posted)
- Rumored to have a large Groot head that is possibly like Rudy on Funhouse and possibly eats pinballs
- Deleted (originally "Rumored that an upper flipper is used to hit the Groot head")
- Rumored to have one of the best toppers ever
- Rumored to see the full reveal tomorrow
http://thisweekinpinball.com/twip-guardians-galaxy-rumor-round-jjp-pirates-new-info/

Edited this post again - now hearing that it is going to have two flippers, not three as I originally posted

#276 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Hopefully, the folks at Stern who read this forum will take note.

Of what? What has stern personally done to you to create such animosity as you put it? If you want them to take note you should at least list what they did to you to cause your hatred.

Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

I would not let this bug you Zitt. I honestly do not believe that Stern was doing anything provocative here toward TNA. In fact, it is compliment to see one of the largest pinball manufacturers doing something with a similar art feel. Also, this style of retro-futurism art has been around for many years now and is gaining serious traction lately. It is the steampunk of the 80's. I would love to see this art style incorporated into GOTG and cannot wait for the full reveal.
--Scott

Looking forward to getting my TNA very soon. #17 will be heading to Nashville to set right between Flash Gordon and EBD.

#277 6 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Edited this post again - now hearing that it is going to have two flippers, not three as I originally posted

Stop changing your predictions for the worse. I liked it better with 3 of everything and 85 magnets.

#278 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Stop changing your predictions for the worse. I liked it better with 3 of everything and 85 magnets.

LMAO. You can tell already by the pictures that there is no 3rd flipper unless it's in an odd place. 85 magnets sounds awesome. It will redirect the balls in games beside GOTG making other games feel like new experiences.

#279 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

LMAO. You can tell already by the pictures that there is no 3rd flipper unless it's in an odd place. 85 magnets sounds awesome. It will redirect the balls in games beside GOTG making other games feel like new experiences.

Exactly, just put it next to SW and you get the force magnets that everyone wanted. They can even advertise GOTG as a SW mod.

#280 6 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

So it went from 3 ramps to 2 and 3 flippers to 2. I was hoping for 3 flippers with one upper flipper shot to maybe a third ramp. Looks like that's out of the picture. I love having an outside loop that leads to an upper flipper that flows to a ramp shot (TAF)

#281 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yes, the last thing we would want is another game loaded up with multiple unique features and toys, have handdrawn artwork, contain original character audio from the actors, and custom callouts from one of the films actors, lol.

Nailed it.

Unfortunately, it will go right over his head.

#282 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Shakers- No. There are maybe 5 games on the planet where a shaker should even be used. Every damn game shouldn't have a shaker, only if the theme warrants it.

Every game should have a shaker.....thank you very much.

#283 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Of what? What has stern personally done to you to create such animosity as you put it? If you want them to take note you should at least list what they did to you to cause your hatred.

Looking forward to getting my TNA very soon. #17 will be heading to Nashville to set right between Flash Gordon and EBD.

You're a fisherman now. You have no time for these trite impediments of the upper crust to your purer pursuit of the next catch.

#284 6 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

I would love to see this art style incorporated into GOTG and cannot wait for the full reveal.

TheNoTrashCougar has got class...and TNA is dope. Carry on with your GOTG conversation now...

#285 6 years ago

Are they going to reveal more today or was yesterday it for now?

#286 6 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

Are they going to reveal more today or was yesterday it for now?

A few people seem to be saying that a full reveal is coming today. How do we know that?

#287 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Pretty much nailed it there. New games coming out are a good thing.
I’ve got no problem with people discussing the pros and cons etc. I don’t see the point of people assuming everyone else is in the same place in the hobby as they. I’ve had a lot of nice games and am more willing to wait and see. There was time when I couldn’t pay in advance fast enough.

So many new games have hit or are hitting this year I can’t keep up. Just recently...

Star Wars
TNA
POTC
GOTG

These four will all hit within a few months. My next show will be awesome!

#288 6 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Your source is awesome.

#289 6 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

A few people seem to be saying that a full reveal is coming today. How do we know that?

Because one of the sources is the guy who did the artwork, on a fb post yesterday ("full reveal will be tomorrow").

#290 6 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

When Canada's only distributor tells you it's getting revealed today, I would take his word for it.

#291 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Define everyone. I don't remember saying I'd never get excited about pin announcements. But yeah, it's pretty shocking to see people on a message board dedicated to pinball to be excited about a new pinball announcement. What is the world coming to?

#292 6 years ago
Quoted from wontwa:

Because one of the sources is the guy who did the artwork, on a fb post yesterday ("full reveal will be tomorrow").

When Canada's only distributor tells you it's getting revealed today, I would take his word for it.

Well, it seems we have two solid reasons to expect a full reveal today then.

#293 6 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

Define everyone. I don't remember saying I'd never get excited about pin announcements. But yeah, it's pretty shocking to see people on a message board dedicated to pinball to be excited about a new pinball announcement. What is the world coming to?

Quite a witty retort. "Everyone" was referring to the masses and general vibe.

#294 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Toys that don't do anything, toys that don't work well, audio from the character no one cares about (Stranger Things 2 confirms: Winston sucks), layout that's unplayable, ten mile flipper gap, poor code concept, missing wizard mode, typo on the playfield, ghosting inserts, designed by a pedophile!!!

I have high hopes that GOTG will
be none of those things.

#295 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Quite a witty retort. "Everyone" was referring to the masses and general vibe.

I live in Oklahoma and have been married for a decade. All I got left is my pins and wit.

#296 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

If you look at the left inlanes , it look likes they use the GB style metal inlane/outlane's.
I hope they put a rubber post in front of them so we don't have killer outlane's like GB.

Borg knows how to design inlanes. He used metal on Met and it's fine.

#297 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Toys that don't do anything, toys that don't work well, audio from the character no one cares about (Stranger Things 2 confirms: Winston sucks), layout that's unplayable, ten mile flipper gap, poor code concept, missing wizard mode, typo on the playfield, ghosting inserts, designed by a pedophile!!!
I have high hopes that GOTG will
be none of those things.

You seem to have a deep seated need for Pinside to reinforce your decision not to buy this game. You post the same thing over and over again in every thread, regardless of whether it's even remotely related.

What's the root cause of this need for affirmation? Dig deep....tell us what's wrong. We're here to help you.

#298 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

You seem to have a deep seated need for Pinside to reinforce your decision not to buy this game. You post the same thing over and over again in every thread, regardless of whether it's even remotely related.
What's the root cause of this need for affirmation? Dig deep....tell us what's wrong.

It should be obvious enough with his posts. GB. Ghosting, bad drains, code meh, flipper gap.....

#299 6 years ago

Load damn you!!!

gotg (resized).pnggotg (resized).png

#300 6 years ago

It should be obvious enough with his posts. GB. Ghosting, bad drains, code meh, flipper gap.....

False or irrelevant statements.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 28.00
6,495 (Firm)
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 86.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-is-here/page/6?hl=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.