50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg
There are 4,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 86.
#3351 6 years ago
Quoted from jdpilot:

From a business standpoint, less money for licensing equals more money in the pocket.

Gary does not agree. He believes a licensed title will always do better and that it's absolutely necessary to get the first wave of games ordered. And it's obviously working. People just assume if they license a property they must have more than the art. It's going to take people getting burned on quite a few titles before we see buying habits change. And I wonder if it will impact the ops that have got to have the newest games first enough to make a difference.

#3352 6 years ago

There is def some slimshady going on as usual.

"There will be no TWD premiums on this pin, so send in your LE $$$".

The stream was awful, as usual though its lets bag as many LE sales as possible before the cats out of the bag.

Still, this will end up being a really good pin.

#3353 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

There is def some slimshady going on as usual.
"There will be no TWD premiums on this pin, so send in your LE $$$".
The stream was awful, as usual though its lets bag as many LE sales as possible before the cats out of the bag.
Still, this will end up being a really good pin.

Very doubtful. Sales are soft and LE orders will most likely be canceled. I'm not sure how much they will pump into this. A vault is next and then Deadpool. I cannot imagine Deadpool based on the movie without Ryan Reynolds. Why even consider making that? At least it's Fox and maybe it's Disney and not Marvel. JJP pirates cannot use voices or shots of actors.

I'm beyond disappointed with GOTG.

#3354 6 years ago

Oh wow, these may be the worst callouts I've ever heard in a modern pin. In a DMD game it's slightly more tolerable as you are not seeing actual video footage from the films. With an LCD game though custom callouts seem even more out of place when you see video on the screen of the actual actors but then don't hear their voices.

Without the original actors voices I don't know what this game is. The actors and their portrayals of the characters are what make the Guardian films.

#3355 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Oh wow, these may be the worst callouts I've ever heard in a modern pin. In a DMD game it's slightly more tolerable as you are not seeing actual video footage from the films. With an LCD game though custom callouts seem even more out of place when you see video on the screen.
Without the original actors voices I don't know what this game is.

Haven't watched yet, but it would have to be almost unimaginably bad to top XMEN for worst voice cast in pinball.

#3356 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Haven't watched yet, but it would have to be almost unimaginably bad to top XMEN for worst voice cast in pinball.

The callouts in XMEN are far better in my opinion and they are not that great to begin with. I know the XMEN callouts are not considered good but I give them a pass as the game is not based on the films but rather the comic. GOTG though...just wow.

Go to 46:40, lol.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/205103324##

#3357 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Very doubtful. Sales are soft and LE orders will most likely be canceled. I'm not sure how much they will pump into this. A vault is next and then Deadpool. I cannot imagine Deadpool based on the movie without Ryan Reynolds. Why even consider making that? At least it's Fox and maybe it's Disney and not Marvel. JJP pirates cannot use voices or shots of actors.
I'm beyond disappointed with GOTG.

I get why you are distraught after buying this pin. You knew better Hank but it will be ok at the end of the day. Sell it and move on.

Deadpool is gonna suck too and so is another VE.

Yes, LE orders will be abysmal on GOTG but for the simple fact that its way overpriced for what you get and 600 isn't "limited".

If JJP Potc plays great, like it looks then i could care less about "voice".

#3358 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

A Babalee Bo a Babalee bobo

#3359 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I get why you are distraught after buying this pin. You knew better Hank but it will be ok at the end of the day. Sell it and move on.
Deadpool is gonna suck too and so is another VE.
Yes, LE orders will be abysmal on GOTG but for the simple fact that its way overpriced for what you get and 600 isn't "limited".

Deadpool without movie clips and voices and I'm out again. Tron VE will do good, otherwise there's not a ton left to VE.

#3360 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Deadpool without movie clips and voices and I'm out again. Tron VE will do good, otherwise there's not a ton left to VE.

LOTR is standing right there!

#3361 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

You will be too busy with BM66 anyhow JG

The pin whisperer RH has always said that Tron would never be made like the LE with lit ramps etc.

Of course he's wrong as usual.

#3362 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

LOTR is standing right there!

You can buy those in the low 5's. Stern will want $7300 for a VE. If others want it I say make a pile of them. I'm out for that price though.

#3363 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

You can buy those in the low 5's. Stern will want $7300 for a VE. If others want it I say make a pile of them. I'm out for that price though.

Bought my LOTRLE for $5200, sold it for $6300, will never own another one.

CGC interests me MUCH more. The Stern VE pins don't have enough age on them.

#3364 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

TWD VE with comic art? Sounds pretty good!

#3365 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Even they better hire a pin designer pretty soon. They will run out of viable remakes quickly after about 3 more.

#3366 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Yeah that would be great. IF they could only redo it with an LCD I'd buy another one right now!

Update it with Negan etc. Yep, no brainer for me

#3367 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Even they better hire a pin designer pretty soon. They will run out of viable remakes quickly after about 3 more.

Where is Elwin? I thought he was the next guy.

#3368 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yeah that would be great. IF they could only redo it with an LCD I'd buy another one right now!
Update it with Negan etc. Yep, no brainer for me

Negan with stern hillbilly voice? Goats for dinner Lucille.

#3369 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Gary Stern has never cared about "getting the license right"...as he's said, they're in the manufacturing business...and the purpose of the license is to get people to walk over and put in quarters. Sometimes they do a great job...and because we're used to the games when they've done a great job - we expect that every time.
Did you ever hear the story about Steve fighting with Gary about Spider-Man? Gary wanted to save money by not including the Doc Ock toy...he said "Can't you just put a little house there and say it's Doc Ock's house?" Steve put up a fight and screamed about Doc Ock being a super important character until Gary relented.

Wouldn't surprise me if that story is true. Steve said at a show earlier this year while talking about Star Wars "Gary hates anything that costs money" then said he was joking...I don't think he was, lol.

#3370 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Where is Elwin? I thought he was the next guy.

They probably are busy forcing him to remove things from the Archer layout to make it fit the build of materials so they can call it Deadpool. All joking aside I am looking forward to seeing what he does. I think they need to give Borg and SR a break and more development time in 2018. Let Elwin, Nordman, and Mark Ritchie have the 2018 releases. It should be exciting.

#3371 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Negan with stern hillbilly voice? Goats for dinner Lucille.

No substitute for Negan voice! Several P browser guys that would fix that.

I would drop $$$ for a second TWD with comic art and LCD. Even if LCD was AS comic animation.

I have zero interest in any other Stern VE.

#3372 6 years ago

I watched some the stream.

The oooga shocka & boblayboo & weak voicework make for possibly the worst sound package in Stern history IMO.

The only way it could get worse is if the next game has voicework done by Fran Dreshner & Gilbert Godfrey (Edit: Gottfried)

#3373 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

They probably are busy forcing him to remove things from the Archer layout to make it fit the build of materials so they can call it Deadpool. All joking aside I am looking forward to seeing what he does. I think they need to give Borg and SR a break and more development time in 2018. Let Elwin, Nordman, and Mark Ritchie have the 2018 releases. It should be exciting.

Is Mark Ritchie working at Stern? That would be exciting!

#3374 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Let Elwin, Nordman, and Mark Ritchie have the 2018 releases. It should be exciting.

x100. Mark Ritchie had a Pulp Fiction layout ready to go until they ran into "licensing issues".

New blood and ideas are a good thing.

#3375 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

CGC will be where most of our pin dollars will go over the next few years. We are really looking forward adding a few of them to our collection.

#3376 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Is Mark Ritchie working at Stern? That would be exciting!

Was rumored to be working on Pulp Fiction for a long time but apparently there was a license issue. From what was rumored he has a layout ready though so stern needs to find him something to apply it too.

#3377 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

x100. Mark Ritchie had a Pulp Fiction layout ready to go until they ran into "licensing issues".
New blood and ideas are a good thing.

And that's not a knock on Borg or SR. Both have carried stern for years now and have to be feeling the burnout a little. Time to reflect back and come back fresh is always a good thing.

#3378 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

CGC will be where most of our pin dollars will go over the next few years. We are really looking forward adding a few of them to our collection.

Me too. My AFMRLE box just got delivered today.

Not saying that Indy500 will be remade but that pin is really really good. So many great oldies to redo for CGC for many years to come.

#3379 6 years ago

I can't stop laughing at bobalee bo bo. Not because it's funny, but because the situation is hilarious. They'll definitely remove it in the future, but let's just laugh at the ridiculousness right now.

Bobalee bo bobalee bo bo.

#3380 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Not saying that Indy500 will be remade but that pin is really really good. So many great oldies to redo for CGC for many years to come.

Congratulations! We cannot wait to get ours, looks like after Christmas now. Wait until you unbox that AFMrLE. That Churchill cabinet and playfield is the best from any manufacturer by far. Benchmark stuff!

Have fun!

#3381 6 years ago

My wife wanted me to order up one of these sight-unseen when she first saw that it was coming out. I am SO glad that I didn't. Ouch.

The Stern Star Trek code was pretty shaky to start out, but at least it matured pretty well and the rest was fixed with Pinball Browser. I guess we can hope the same will happen with this one, but I'll be waiting until that happens before plunking down $7k+ of hard-earned money on it. Right now it looks more like a recipe of how to kill a great idea. They'd have been better served putting in an extra few months of development before releasing it.

(Goes back to playing AFMrSE)

#3382 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Was rumored to be working on Pulp Fiction for a long time but apparently there was a license issue. From what was rumored he has a layout ready though so stern needs to find him something to apply it too.

Noooooo.....well, I have no space for new pins, so this will give me time to think....and now Guardians is off the want list for the time being.

#3383 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

It sounds cool until you find out that Stern hired the voice actor from GOTG to do the playfield art. Lol.... No way they'd spring for Charlie Adlard or Tony Moore for a game that's on it's way out. Plus they'd have to re-work all the licensing since AMC doesn't own the comic book rights. I'm sure they learned their lesson with ACDC Luci which sold under 200 units. It would be awesome to see but let's be realistic here. I think the most likely VE after Tron is Metallica Ride the Lightning VE. At least they have a working relationship with Dirty Donny.

#3384 6 years ago
#3385 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Myself and others have allready owned most 90s b/w popular pins so i really want new ideas and tech like jjp is doing. Especially bc in most cases i can get restored modded originals for cheaper than the remakes are now. If im gonna spend 8-10k i want new design and crazy lighting and toys/tech. Word has it cgc is designing new pins .....

#3386 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I can't stop laughing at bobalee bo bo. Not because it's funny, but because the situation is hilarious. They'll definitely remove it in the future, but let's just laugh at the ridiculousness right now.
Bobalee bo bobalee bo bo.

It reminds me of the horse winnies that they removed from Mustang. Just ridiculous!

Give it a few months and a pinbrowser package and I'm sure it will be fine.

#3387 6 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#3388 6 years ago

I initially offered to trade my X-men Wolverine for GOTG and Im glad Im not going through that.. holy hell... Im sorry but heads should roll after that update... its such a shame, a cool layout and great colors/art just plain wasted. :/

#3389 6 years ago

The Bobbalee Bobo is a rare fish that dates back to prehistoric times. It is often trying to mimic the appearance of other fishes around it but typically fails in its attempt.

#3390 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

The only way it could get worse is if the next game has voicework done by Fran Dreshner & Gilbert Godfrey

You mean Gilbert Gottfried. Are there rumors of an Aflac themed pin?

#3391 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

You mean Gilbert Gottfried. Are there rumors of an Aflac themed pin?

You ever watch Trailer Park Boys?

Ricky constantly mispronounces words or uses phrases in the wrong context.

I feel like a Ricky right now lol.

Here’s some Rickyisms I found online

Breakfast at bed (Breakfast in bed)
Bottle of joy (Bundle of Joy)
Child Report (Child Support)
Carbonator (Carburetor)
Escape Goat (Scapegoat)

Man... Stern should make a TPB pinball. The call outs could be hilarious.

#3392 6 years ago

A BOBBILY BOBO, A BOBBILY BO

9c0838f7f545f6e1440d4778506887c3a58a675ca0c1fbd8a6126bff95c9e6d0 (resized).jpg9c0838f7f545f6e1440d4778506887c3a58a675ca0c1fbd8a6126bff95c9e6d0 (resized).jpg

#3393 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Here’s some Rickyisms I found online
Breakfast at bed (Breakfast in bed)
Bottle of joy (Bundle of Joy)
Child Report (Child Support)
Carbonator (Carburetor)
Escape Goat (Scapegoat)

My personal favorite that I use all the time is “getting two birds stoned at once”.

Ironically two stoned birds would make for better call outs right now.

#3394 6 years ago

alright, whelp, guess i'll be placing an order with JJP this week.

#3395 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

alright, whelp, guess i'll be placing an order with JJP this week.

Whoever thought Momjeans McCellphone would be cooler than Guardians of the Galaxy!?!? That's where we are in pinball 2017.

#3396 6 years ago

I'm hungry for more code!

B068A999-3662-4683-BC80-173DE150D085 (resized).jpegB068A999-3662-4683-BC80-173DE150D085 (resized).jpeg

#3397 6 years ago

My pinball butthole hasn’t hurt this much since Star Wars

#3398 6 years ago

My condolences to whoever has this game in their home right now. I know it will get better but yikes, it just seems so disjointed.

#3399 6 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

I know it will get better

Not likely. They've never re-recorded horrible voices. Transformers, Avengers, X-Men, Walking Dead. It's a done deal. The rules are clearly the Kiss/Aero style rules. They are what they are.

Put a fork in it. GOTG is DONE.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 19.95
$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
There are 4,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 86.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-is-here/page/68?hl=mnpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.