50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg
There are 4,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 86.
#3301 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I don't think they should have even made this pin without the actors voices from the film, I hope all who don't care enjoy their game but what a shame, a damn shame.

I actually agree with you hazoff. This is the one pin/theme they should have used full audio from the films.

Did you hear the rocket sound alike? Ouch...!

The good news is this is the initial release with lots of wiggle room before code is at 1.0. The bad news...sterns track record on scenarios similar to this...

#3302 6 years ago

No voices from the movies = no sales. The sound package is crucial for implementing the theme. That is just plain awful for such a great theme.

#3303 6 years ago

On a positive note; The shots, layout, and background music all look and sound amazing!

#3304 6 years ago

randomkg just bought a machine. Maybe he’ll do a custom sound package and save this for Stern.

#3305 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

No voices from the movies = no sales. The sound package is crucial for implementing the theme. That is just plain awful for such a great theme.

Yup, Stern - take the money back for cherry bomb, and pay for the real voice overs.

#3306 6 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

randomkg just bought a machine. Maybe he’ll do a custom sound package and save this for Stern.

I'm tired of people having to fix sterns shit. Give us the movie sound clips and one of the actors doing custom call outs like in ST and BM66 or don't bother making the F'ing pin.

#3307 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Not only are they awful, they're not even "Call outs" ...they're just re-readings of scenes...none of it is a response to making shots! That's what callouts are all about...hit a shot, get a response. It's Pavlovian. They've just made a super shitty, horribly acted soundbed. Terrible. Just terrible.

To the people at Marvel who are responsible for this: F you. You've ruined this game.

The-A-Holes (resized).jpgThe-A-Holes (resized).jpg

#3308 6 years ago

Where's Jack Donger!?!?!? He said he heard the voices and they were hilarious....

We appreciate the streams, Jack...but don't lie to us for the sake of being on Stern's good side.

#3309 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Where's Jack Donger!?!?!? He said he heard the voices and they were hilarious....
We appreciate the streams, Jack...but don't lie to us for the sake of being on Stern's good side.

They're definitely hilarious, but not in the way I was imagining...

#3310 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Oh boy. It is getting warm in the room!

#3311 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Maybe this is what he meant by hilarious? Hilariously bad!

#3312 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

He said they were hilarious, he didn't say it was in a good way. Maybe he died laughing at that attempt by stern.

#3313 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

He said they were hilarious, he didn't say it was in a good way. Maybe he died laughing at that attempt by stern.

Yeah I guess we didn't see the WINK WINK WINK WIIIIIIIIIINK lol

#3314 6 years ago

I was protesting against my distributor until code dropped! I'll let them know they can send it now! I really showed them

#3315 6 years ago

I certainly understand the disdain, but I absolutely love it. Granted they need to adjust the callouts but I love it. The voice actors would be better of course, but they can't get em apparently, so I'm making do with what they have...and I really REALLY enjoyed it.

A BOBBILY BOBO, A BOBBILY BO.

#3316 6 years ago

Damn I missed it. Were they really that bad?

#3317 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

A BOBBILY BOBO, A BOBBILY BO.

From now on, when anyone releases a game and totally botches the license, we'll all just post "A BOBBILY BOBO!" and everyone will know what it means.

Nothing's gonna get adjusted or re-recorded. Marvel gave them awful voices & Ken Hale is no David Thiel.

Stick a fork in it.

Thanks for taking the hit so the rest of us can be informed, Waspinat0r - hats off to ya!

#3318 6 years ago
Quoted from GrimDog:

Not to me..there are a few that hated it, but I loved it.

#3319 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Not to me..there are a few that hated it, but I loved it.

For real? Why would you love fake Yondu, fake Rocket, fake Starlord, fake everyone reciting lines horribly from the movie? It's like that one friend everyone has who tries to quote movies and do character voices, but they're absolutely horrible at it & everyone just wants them to shut up.

#3320 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

From now on, when anyone releases a game and totally botches the license, we'll all just post "A BOBBILY BOBO!" and everyone will know what it means.
Nothing's gonna get adjusted or re-recorded. Marvel gave them awful voices & Ken Hale is no David Thiel.
Stick a fork in it.
Thanks for taking the hit so the rest of us can be informed, Waspinat0r - hats off to ya!

Oh shut your "Covfefe" you don't buy pins anyway, go play your Nintendo switch.

#3321 6 years ago

I think the best question is why would stern bother with this license if they do not get the full movie and actor rights from the movie? It's not like people are huge gotg fans so they made the movies. 99% of the world only knows the movies so the game has to fully represent that.

The art looks great, the gameplay looks good, code is meh and sounds are bad. A lot of us will say not good enough and keep our money.

#3322 6 years ago

"A BOBBILY BOBO!"

IMG_1870 (resized).PNGIMG_1870 (resized).PNG

#3323 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Oh shut your "Covfefe"

Stern has the most tremendous callouts, believe me, 100%. Sad.

Quoted from mnpinball:

you don't buy pins anyway,

I used to! I would still if they'd stop SUCKING like THIS!

Quoted from mnpinball:

go play your Nintendo switch.

I will, HAPPILY! Just got my black friday online purchases in the mail.

Twitch video is up...BOBBALEE BOBO is at 14:40
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/205103324##

#3324 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Not only are they awful, they're not even "Call outs" ...they're just re-readings of scenes.

If that's true, this could be a good thing for home users who could use Pinball Browser.

Of course, if Stern (and others) are going to fail to get licenses where they can't get audio and video assets that effectively integrate with the game the LCD era may turn out not to be an improvement.

Batman 66 may turn out to be the best integrated game in the Stern LCD era. Not only does Stern have rights to use any audio and video from the entire series, they have custom pinball related call outs from the two lead actors. Although the game isn't complete the AV integration is light years ahead of Star Wars and Galaxy ...

#3325 6 years ago

I often find pinball streams a bit long, but this one was timely, informative, and funnier than most sitcoms.
Pinballs very own odd couple.

Thanks for doing it.

#3326 6 years ago

The songs/soundtrack or lack thereof is a bigger F up.

TWD plays just fine without original callouts or an LCD, thank you F ing very much.

And thanks to my favorite redneck pinballers!

Does anybody else think Wasp kind of looks like a bearded hillbilly Kaneda?

#3327 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I think the best question is why would stern bother with this license if they do not get the full movie and actor rights from the movie? It's not like people are huge gotg fans so they made the movies. 99% of the world only knows the movies so the game has to fully represent that.
The art looks great, the gameplay looks good, code is meh and sounds are bad. A lot of us will say not good enough and keep our money.

Gary Stern has never cared about "getting the license right"...as he's said, they're in the manufacturing business...and the purpose of the license is to get people to walk over and put in quarters. Sometimes they do a great job...and because we're used to the games when they've done a great job - we expect that every time.

Did you ever hear the story about Steve fighting with Gary about Spider-Man? Gary wanted to save money by not including the Doc Ock toy...he said "Can't you just put a little house there and say it's Doc Ock's house?" Steve put up a fight and screamed about Doc Ock being a super important character until Gary relented.

#3328 6 years ago

Wasp, You mentioned on your twitch cast one of the voices sounded like Bender from Futurerama?

John DiMaggio is that voice and he has worked on voices on the Guardians of the Galaxy Cartoon...

btw - the cartoon voices kinda suck too.... Took awhile to get used to them after seeing the movies.

#3329 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Batman 66 may turn out to be the best integrated game in the Stern LCD era. Not only does Stern have rights to use any audio and video from the series, they have custom pinball related call outs from the two lead actors. Although the game isn't complete the AV integration is light years ahead of Star Wars and Galaxy ...

YES

Drop that Mic. It's not even a "maybe" it already is a phenomenal use of the LICENSE.

And its gonna be awesome!

Once again, RH blowing smoke out of his arse!

#3330 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

To the people at Marvel who are responsible for this: F you. You've ruined this game.

Why are you blaming Marvel this is 100% Stern.

#3331 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The songs/soundtrack or lack thereof is a bigger F up.
TWD plays just fine without original callouts or an LCD, thank you F ing very much.
And thanks to my favorite redneck pinballers!
Does anybody else think Wasp kind of looks like a bearded hillbilly Kaneda?

TWD ended up good because of Lyman's code. The lack of show voices was a complete stern disaster and gotg is a history repeat except Lyman is busy with BM66 and Elvira and can't save this one. If I was Borg I'd want to punch someone in the face. He at least did his part and did it very well.

Once someone does a customer sound package it will be a good enough game. It has zero chance of being on the level of Lotr, or IJ, or stnng, or any other game with an awesome sound package though.

#3332 6 years ago
Quoted from GrimDog:

No. Not at all. Machine looks ok to me. Thanks to Waspinzt0r for taking the time to show us the new code. Just the usual crap from a few that have no intention of buying a machine! We are looking forward to getting our LE.

#3333 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

TWD ended up good because of Lyman's code. The lack of show voices was a complete stern disaster and gotg is a history repeat except Lyman is busy with BM66 and Elvira and can't save this one. If I was Borg I'd want to punch someone in the face. He at least did his part and did it very well.
Once someone does a customer sound package it will be a good enough game. It has zero chance of being on the level of Lotr, or IJ, or stnng, or any other game with an awesome sound package though.

I'm talking about BM66 ending up great. And the lack of songs here is a bigger miss imo.

And anything but Lyman is a HUGE risk with a Stern pin.

The sound package will have minimal effect at the end of the day, like you said, someone will do the work for Stern on Pinball browser.

It's the code always, why buy a 1/2 ass pin today at these prices? And one that you KNOW will end up that way.

Even still, its going to be a FUN pin. Just not what it could be.

#3334 6 years ago

Ick. Ick. Ick. Those are some horrid "soundalikes". It would have been better if they didn't repeat lines from the movie but they did so it causes a direct comparison. Of course, it might be better if they leave it as lines from the movie because then I'd be able to swap them out fairly directly with audio from the movie. I own AVLE and the crappy voices really take away from the theme on it too. Matter of fact, I'm starting a project to update mine by pulling the audio track from the movie. I'd have to do the same with this one.

#3335 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Why are you blaming Marvel this is 100% Stern.

Yup. Almost certainly Stern not wanting to pony up the money to license the proper assets.

#3336 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Yup. Almost certainly Stern not wanting to pony up the money to license the proper assets.

Nope, the licensor makes the rules. This is just like Avengers and X-Men. Clearly Marvel's licensing guy does the voices himself to collect the paycheck budgeted for voiceover. Stern should stop making Marvel games....it's never going to be good.

#3337 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Well, at least there are call outs in there, now time for pinball browser...

I think you're on to something. From Stern's point of view, why should they go through the trouble and spend the extra money on the real actors or even good voice talent when people who care can fix it with pinball browser?

Placeholders are all that's needed.

Remember all the complaining when TWD was released due to the lack of voices from the show? Now I read people referring to the game as a masterpiece.

#3338 6 years ago

Players that play on location won't care and home collectors will use PB browser! Everybody wins.

#3339 6 years ago

What has happened to games like Earthshaker...White Water...Funhouse...etc, etc...you know ORIGINAL ideas. No licenses needed, just good old pinball. Everyone is strictly movies or bands or tv shows or some sort of intellectual property. I know there’s DI, but there are so few and far between... a shame really. What sounds like what can be a fun game is overshadowed by bad licensing decisions. From a business standpoint, less money for licensing equals more money in the pocket.

#3340 6 years ago

I like beer.

#3341 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

TWD doesn't really use the actors or scenes from the TV show. The difference is that GoTG does, plus it's real video so that makes it much worse I think. Some of it's ok, like the guy doing Ronan for example is decent. But, the guy doing Rocket is really, really bad. It doesn't even sound like him at all nor is there a believable tone in the voice.

Rob

#3342 6 years ago

Same. I also like pinball.

#3343 6 years ago

I want to change my Pinside name to Aboballee Bobo.

#3344 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I want to change my Pinside name to Aboballee Bobo.

Do it!

#3345 6 years ago

Ok after watching those clips.....lol

Cons: everything about them
Pros: since they just are reading the damn script it will be an easy drag and drop replacement w Pinball browser

#3346 6 years ago

I like beer, pizza and pinball!

#3347 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Players that play on location won't care and home collectors will use PB browser! Everybody wins.

I win, I just saved $7200.

#3348 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

TWD doesn't really use the actors or scenes from the TV show. The difference is that GoTG does, plus it's real video so that makes it much worse I think. Some of it's ok, like the guy doing Ronan for example is decent. But, the guy doing Rocket is really, really bad. It doesn't even sound like him at all nor is there a believable tone in the voice.
Rob

Strange, why did Lyman complain about it being a botched license and have to go back and remove actor callouts from the code then before it was released

#3349 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I win, I just saved $7200.

You win because you just picked up a BM66

I win because I'm drinking beer and listening to Bobby Unser and Paul Page talk to me on Indy 500.

Where are those callouts!

#3350 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Nope, the licensor makes the rules.

Funny how money always seems to change the rules. I don't buy that Marvel won't license the necessary assets. But I'm sure Stern doesn't want to pay for them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 22.50
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,495 (Firm)
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
There are 4,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 86.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-is-here/page/67 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.