50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg
There are 4,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 86.
#3251 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Stern game

I am hoping

That would be great!

This is a great summary of recent Stern titles

#3252 6 years ago

I unboxed mine today and put a few games. I havent ran into any speech, yet, AT ALL. Is there currently no speech at all? Mine is .66 It's kind of unnerving how speechless it is.

#3253 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmicjim:

I unboxed mine today and put a few games. I havent ran into any speech, yet, AT ALL. Is there currently no speech at all? Mine is .66 It's kind of unnerving how speechless it is.

Full price for an unfinished product. Pretty terrible, yet everyone salivates at the thought of owning the newest toy.

#3254 6 years ago

So after reading the IFPA thread a little I have come to believe that the call outs are not missing, stern has just suppressed them as a protest for the $1 tourney increases.

#3255 6 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Full price for an unfinished product. Pretty terrible, yet everyone salivates at the thought of owning the newest toy.

or is it that they just don't care and its not a problem for them to wait for code to mature? I would be upset only if Stern said this title is releasing with full code or certain aspects of code then once I got it home I was lied to, I guess that happened with BM66 and those people have a justified beef. I'm not understanding this, if you bought it now then you knew what u were getting and if ur waiting then who cares? if its a case that Stern might change their ways and that hasn't happened because people keep buying the pins without demanding better code well all I can say is its only pinball, its a game a toy and not a big deal, you don't have to buy anything.

#3256 6 years ago

Being completely honest I'm surprised Stern hasn't reached out and said anything at all about it yet.

#3257 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Being completely honest I'm surprised Stern hasn't reached out and said anything at all about it yet.

Really? What in Stern's history leads you to believe that THEY believe communication will help? Same old, same old. We're just mushrooms to them.

#3258 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

There you go being cute again.

When you’ve been here for a few releases you will stop being surprised.

#3259 6 years ago

Lol, besides, what would STERN say?? "Sorry we launched a game with zero call outs and videos that act more as placeholders, we hoped you wouldn't notice."

#3260 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Quoted from PinMonk:

Really? What in Stern's history leads you to believe that THEY believe communication will help? Same old, same old. We're just mushrooms to them.

Stern would be correct that communication won't help anything here. Unless Disney gave them a firm commitment to approve stuff by X date (ha!), I doubt they could provide a credible date by which they'll release code with callouts. Shipping revised code will help, the kinds of generic statements they could credibly make right now would just piss people off further.

#3262 6 years ago

Looks like .72 just released!

#3263 6 years ago

Anyone within striking distance to Atlanta curious to play and see in person can play my game in the wild here-

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/atlanta-ga-new-operator-randomkgpinballcom/page/2#post-4096731

I had a blast playing a few games yesterday as it is very fast and smooth. I look forward to updating the code as it progresses.

#3264 6 years ago

VALIDATION

#3265 6 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

Looks like .72 just released!

26C4F0CD-B54C-4B6F-BF5A-0BEDAED375FB (resized).jpeg26C4F0CD-B54C-4B6F-BF5A-0BEDAED375FB (resized).jpeg

#3266 6 years ago

I'm downloading now.. it just says -initial release as the patch notes so expect nothing new, imo. But we'll see. 3.1g. Want me to stream it?

#3267 6 years ago

So... if my friend's game has v0.65, my game has v0.66, how can v0.72 be the "initial release?" I guess it truly was beta code...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#3268 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

So... if my friend's game has v0.65, my game has v0.66, how can v0.72 be the "initial release?"

Looks better historically. Not true, but looks better.

#3269 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

I'm downloading now.. it just says -initial release as the patch notes so expect nothing new, imo. But we'll see. 3.1g. Want me to stream it?

Uh yes, just gimme an hour or two to get the kids in bed.

#3270 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Please do!

#3271 6 years ago

Alright, I'll post link here when I'm ready to go!

#3272 6 years ago

20171128_174117 (resized).jpg20171128_174117 (resized).jpg

#3273 6 years ago

EDIT: Nevermind. I see that you will be streaming

#3274 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

So... if my friend's game has v0.65, my game has v0.66, how can v0.72 be the "initial release?" I guess it truly was beta code...

This makes me think they've had this 'initial release' all along but waiting on approval to install on games. Kind of like jack eluded to in his DF stream.

#3275 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Alright, I'll post link here when I'm ready to go!

Awesome, i'm gonna get the beer iced down now!

#3277 6 years ago

My guess is the code is the same - but has callouts enabled, here is hoping!

#3278 6 years ago

A bobaly bo bo a bobaly bo... hahaha, thanks for the vid wasp, that was halarious, why would they just keep looping that in the mode? And if it is a sceen from the movie, why not just use the actual audio not an actor !?

#3279 6 years ago

Yep I knew it, Stern custom call outs have ruined this game for me. I'll play it on site but without the real dialog from the film I'm out.

#3280 6 years ago

Those "callouts" are AWFUL. Holy jeez, how can that be real?

#3281 6 years ago

I can't even watch the stream it's so annoying what are they thinking?

#3282 6 years ago

Told you F'rs.

Full disclosure: I haven't watched the stream so I'm just being argumentative. Did I spell dat right?

#3283 6 years ago

From now on all Pinside arguments should just end in "A bobaly bo bo a bobaly bo..."

#3284 6 years ago

I want to like this game, but so far this game is just a hot mess.imho

#3285 6 years ago

WOW. Those voices....this is Avengers all over again....but maybe worse. I think it's the same guy doing all the voices again, too. F Marvel and their "approved" voices. They're just randomly monologuing instead of actually having "reactions" to what you're doing. Why are they re-recording monologues from the movie instead of having the FUNNY CHARACTERS talking and interacting the entire time!?!?! How can you take a movie so fun and funny and make it so stale and humorless?!?!?! OOOOPH!!!

Ronin sounds nothing like the movie. Rocket sounds NOTHING like Cooper. Nebula and Gamora sound NOTHING like the movie.

This is a creative FLOP!!!!

I missed the "abobbalee bobo" part...I just hear Waspinator doing it over and over again. What mode was that in, and what does it have to do with anything?

EDIT: I just heard the "abobbalee bobo" part...WHAT IN THE FUCK!?!?!?! That's supposed to be Yondu!?!?!?

#3286 6 years ago

Poor gotg..... way to go stern.....

#3287 6 years ago

Here's the scene from the movie...OMG they didn't even get it close...HOW could this be APPROVED by MARVEL!?!?!? OMG...

Thankfully the original Spider-Man was approved by SONY and Iron Man was approved by PARAMOUNT...I think it's official, anything approved my Marvel is going to sound like SHIIIIIIIIT

#3288 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Steve Ritchie said Pinside is a disease, I got offended at first but I am beginning to see the other side as well.

+1 for Steve Ritchie.

#3289 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Told you F'rs.
Full disclosure: I haven't watched the stream so I'm just being argumentative. Did I spell dat right?

Nope. It's spelled "F#@kers."

#3290 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Thankfully the original Spider-Man was approved by SONY and Iron Man was approved by PARAMOUNT...I think it's official, anything approved my Marvel is going to sound like SHIIIIIIIIT

SW sounds fine, thanks.

#3291 6 years ago

Thanks for the stream!!

"A bobaly bo bo a bobaly bo..."

#3292 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

SW sounds fine, thanks.

SW isn't MARVEL. Same parent company (Disney), different licensing people.

#3293 6 years ago

Back to GOTG:
They just got a pro at the bar my league is in. So Thursday night I'll finally get to play one! MET is my second favorite Stern game so if this plays like MET I will love it. Wanted to get a Premium but will wait for code to mature.

23843537_514928258864271_7747039112485363393_n (resized).jpg23843537_514928258864271_7747039112485363393_n (resized).jpg

#3294 6 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

+1 for Steve Ritchie.

Sometimes it is better to stay away from these negative parts of the threads. I see what Steve means. We have had SW since the end of Sept and my wife and I are really warming up to it. Game is really pretty good. GOTG will be no different.

+2 for Steve Ritchie.

#3295 6 years ago

Disney has really screwed Stern and JJP over with their recent releases. At least JJP paid the guy who played Gibbs to do custom callouts, but still it's not good enough. Botched license=no sale.

Another reason to just wait for Elvira. No issues there, she's fully participating.

#3296 6 years ago

beer (resized).jpgbeer (resized).jpg

#3297 6 years ago

Well, at least there are call outs in there, now time for pinball browser...

#3298 6 years ago

I don't think they should have even made this pin without the actors voices from the film, I hope all who don't care enjoy their game but what a shame, a damn shame.

#3299 6 years ago

omg........ The guy who does rocket doesn't even try to sound like rocket

A custom rom to replace the callouts with actual from movie callouts might work though. The voice actors seems to be following the actual movie dialogue.

Rob

#3300 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Another reason to just wait for Elvira. No issues there, she's fully participating.

Yeah but after 25 games of SS her voice started to go through my head like a nail, and the same jokes over and over was torture.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
$ 22.50
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 25.00
$ 28.00
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 4,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 86.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-is-here/page/66?hl=djoverpour and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.