2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,260 posts
  • 503 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Mnluz
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 392 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CDC61D8B-FD6A-4D64-A69E-01294E9E947B (resized).png
ED493CEB-E58E-4946-97C9-FCCE99E36547 (resized).jpeg
F119E176-AD5E-4740-8FF9-BD0F26A2515A (resized).jpeg
61CCCECE-2607-4D17-96C7-E30F907A1F0D (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
Jam (resized).png
2A4B0C7A-AF2B-44C4-A323-A95C678D5DC6 (resized).jpeg
50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg

There are 4260 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 86.
#3201 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yes its awesome. Right up there with TWD

Uh....well....ummm....yea....?

#3202 2 years ago

I’m loving SWLE & GBLE, prefer them to my DILE!
Each to their own!

#3203 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yes its awesome. Right up there with TWD

I wouldn't call it awesome yet, but getting tons better and a good game at this point.

My list would be

SW much better then initial reviews, unique varied code that is challenging and different.

Aerosmith is a killer game, fantastic art, one of Stern's best toys, simple code but plenty there.

BM66 had a terrible launch and it took forever, but it officially a good game in my book, an over priced code debacle, but it's very different and Lyman is making it come together

GB I just hate this game. I wasn't a huge fan of the art but think it has some great toys, unfortunately the code doesn't use them and it's a frustrating bore fest

SMVE over priced but a great game and great for those of us that despise Toby McGuire

WNBJM love this game, it just was over priced. The sound and art is awesome.

GOT great player with some of Stern's best code work. Ugly and not great theme integration. Code makes up for that.

KISS has great art and just looks awesome. Plays decent and Lyman's update really helped the game. Pro is a nice edition but the premium/let toys don't really add much. Not a great game but not bad

WWE is a interesting try, just didn't really come together or hit with the theme.

TWD is just not my favorite game. Fantastic deep code but I just never liked the layout and think the code doesn't match the layout. I see why others love it though.

Overall a really good list of games with only a few major misses and several really good games. Stern brings a lot of the criticism on themselves but pinside takes everything way too far.

#3204 2 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

Wow,
I'm happy I'm not that critical. I enjoyed pretty much any game I've played, even WWE to some extent. The only game I've ever played that I thought was boring as hell was Mark Shelley's Frankenstein.

I'm not that critical of pinball overall - I used to be the guy defending Stern games like Iron man and Avatar when all the other hobbyists/collectors were calling them pieces of shit. Aside from a couple games, I've generally enjoyed Stern's games up through 2013. When it comes to B/W games of the 80's and 90's, there are only a couple I don't like. I even like DE and Sega's games more than most.

#3205 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Uh....well....ummm....yea....?

Not kidding my man. Another Lyman masterpiece in the making, have em both right there with GBLE sandwiched in between

Not awesome yet, JG is right, but its "in the making" and on the right track like TWD. And the LCD integration is WOW factor if you love the theme. If only TWD had an LCD with heads being lopped off.

Some people that shall go unnamed were calling it "The Walking Dud" at the time!

Truth is if you don't get a smile on your face when you turn on any pinball machine then something is wrong.

There is something to like about every single pin!

It's the greatest hobby on earth!!!

#3206 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Stern's last 10 aren't a bad or a great run. Probably better than average, but there are some real ups and downs there.
Last 10 games stern has created
10. Star Wars - Pro is bad, Premium/LE is worse.
9. Aerosmith - Fun, yet shallow game. Great player and I like it.
8. Batman 66 - Truly awful. Code is improving, but the layout is a dog and the turntable a physical mess.
7. Ghostbusters - Very good game that needs a desperate final pass on code to clean up bugs and to finish the wizard modes.
6. Spider man VE - Not as good as the original, but still a very fun game. Overpriced.
5. Who Nellie/Pabst - Underrated, mostly due to the cost. Fun game that could have done better at a lower price point.
4. Game of Thrones - Fantastic game at the pro level, but a big step down at the premium/LE. Still, a legit great.
3. KISS - Boring and lame. Some of the laziest/worst DMD animations ever.
2. Wrestlemania - Interesting effort, but it doesn't come together well. Not good.
1. Walking Dead - Amazing game that keeps you coming back for more. Addictive despite being brutal.
We'll see with Guardians. It's a recycled effort on layout and code, but it's drawing from good inspiration. I can't wait to see it in a matured state.

While there are some games I'll entertain a Pro on (mostly Borg), Star Wars and GOT aren't among them. GOT Pro is the most stripped down Pro Stern has ever made. Laughably bad.

Generally speaking with Ritchie, go Premium/LE. Those are the games as he designed them.

#3207 2 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

No, it's like every other stern thread. They must be bashed at every turn and for everything from the past, present, and future.

Well, to be fair...

GOTG doesn't even have call outs, a ton of games are unfinished, there's QC issues with boards, cabinets & playfields + the prices have become absurdly high.

Stern deserves everything they get from us. Praise & gripes. Its all legit IMO.

#3208 2 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Aerosmith is a killer game, fantastic art, one of Stern's best toys, simple code but plenty there.

Playing it right now, all of the above. It's just a fun game to flip. I call it a "beer drinker".

#3209 2 years ago

If you want a "beer drinker", you need to play Rob Zombie!

#3210 2 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

I know, that's one i need to get just for the callouts alone!

#3211 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

...the turntable a physical mess.

I love the turntable. I like the variety between the mini LCD as you enable the villains, answering the bat-phone to start a villain and switching to bat-cave mode when you are battling the villain. Love the physical ball lock on it. The shot through the atomic pile is also very satisfying with a nice light show when the super jackpot is going. The ball lock targets designed to look like the bat-computer and bat analyzer in the bat cave are perfect theme integration. The bat-mobile spinner on it is cool too although it doesn't self center as much as it was hyped to. The turntable packs a ton variety and fun shots into a small area. I think they did a great job with it.

#3212 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Star Wars - Pro is bad, Premium/LE is worse.

SW Pro is an amazing game.

#3213 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I know, that's one i need to get just for the callouts alone!

It's better then it gets credit for. The last few code updates have turned it into pretty complete game. A very unique layout so some will hate it. I love the look and the edge it has and the code is really fun. Definitely a good game in a larger collection to have something different. No other game will call you a chicken F'er

#3214 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I love the turntable. I like the variety between the mini LCD as you enable the villains, answering the bat-phone to start a villain and switching to bat-cave mode when you are battling the villain. Love the physical ball lock on it. The shot through the atomic pile is also very satisfying with a nice light show when the super jackpot is going. The ball lock targets designed to look like the bat-computer and bat analyzer in the bat cave are perfect theme integration. The bat-mobile spinner on it is cool too although it doesn't self center as much as it was hyped to. The turntable packs a ton variety and fun shots into a small area. I think they did a great job with it.

x10 Doc, its really great. Might be a pin that needs to be in home to appreciate all that is has to offer!

The sounds, callouts (Adam West and Burt Ward), the video integration (its getting there) etc.

If you love cookie cutter, this isn't it.

#3215 2 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Yeah but then you have to listen to Rob Zombie.

#3216 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

That's why you have to be F ed up when you play it!

#3217 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Nah, im not really a fan of them or Aerosmith. Still makes good pinball music though.

#3218 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Now that's funny!

#3219 2 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Nah, im not really a fan of them or Aerosmith. Still makes good pinball music though.

I wasn't either BUT, it works with AS.

And speaking of pinball music, GOTG needed much more of the soundtrack to make it appealing to me.

2 songs is going to get very repetitive! Especially Cherry Bomb.

#3220 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'd have to be F ed up and be wearing some serious industrial grade hearing protection earmuffs

hs60 (resized).jpg

#3221 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I wasn't either BUT, it works with AS.
And speaking of pinball music, GOTG needed much more of the soundtrack to make it appealing to me.
2 songs is going to get very repetitive! Especially Cherry Bomb.

The idea I heard that I liked was to take the 2 songs and incorporate them as part of multiball. Outside of that, I'd run with the regular theme music or original Stern musical score. Often, the songs in the movie kicked in when they were kicking but so that would seem to align with multiball.

#3222 2 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

The idea I heard that I liked was to take the 2 songs and incorporate them as part of multiball. Outside of that, I'd run with the regular theme music or original Stern musical score. Often, the songs in the movie kicked in when they were kicking but so that would seem to align with multiball.

I agree. They shouldn’t have even done the stream at this point

Not happening but they needed to sprinkle in more songs.

How much can it cost? A cup of coffee and a bag of donuts on a few of those?

#3223 2 years ago

Well.... good or not?

I guess you can come decide if you are driving distance to Madison. Game is at Schwoeglers now on the West side of town.

https://www.facebook.com/MadisonPinball/posts/1746397962051537?notif_id=1511834123186995&notif_t=like

Please follow/like the Madison Pinball page if you get a sec.

GOTG (resized).jpg

#3224 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Well.... good or not?
I guess you can come decide if you are driving distance to Madison. Game is at Schwoeglers now on the West side of town.
https://www.facebook.com/MadisonPinball/posts/1746397962051537?notif_id=1511834123186995&notif_t=like
Please follow/like the Madison Pinball page if you get a sec.

$1 per game?

That’s the fully coded price

Game should be set to $0.10 per credit until the next update IMO

(kidding)

#3225 2 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

$1 per game?
That’s the fully coded price
Game should be set to $0.10 per credit until the next update IMO
(kidding)

game is on code version 0.65.

We should set the cost per game to be the same as the code version, lol...

#3226 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Thanks Jason! 6 ball gives it more potential for sure.... If code ends up being as good as Aerosmith this game will be a winner. Just need to wait a while longer to see how it ends up.

Updated my post

#3227 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Stern's last 10 aren't a bad or a great run. Probably better than average, but there are some real ups and downs there.
Last 10 games stern has created
10. Star Wars - Pro is bad, Premium/LE is worse.
9. Aerosmith - Fun, yet shallow game. Great player and I like it.
8. Batman 66 - Truly awful. Code is improving, but the layout is a dog and the turntable a physical mess.
7. Ghostbusters - Very good game that needs a desperate final pass on code to clean up bugs and to finish the wizard modes.
6. Spider man VE - Not as good as the original, but still a very fun game. Overpriced.
5. Who Nellie/Pabst - Underrated, mostly due to the cost. Fun game that could have done better at a lower price point.
4. Game of Thrones - Fantastic game at the pro level, but a big step down at the premium/LE. Still, a legit great.
3. KISS - Boring and lame. Some of the laziest/worst DMD animations ever.
2. Wrestlemania - Interesting effort, but it doesn't come together well. Not good.
1. Walking Dead - Amazing game that keeps you coming back for more. Addictive despite being brutal.
We'll see with Guardians. It's a recycled effort on layout and code, but it's drawing from good inspiration. I can't wait to see it in a matured state.

there are some good ones in there. Which pisses me off even more it's on the spike system.

#3228 2 years ago

Just played a few games of guardians I do not think the game feels like Metallica but it does look like it. The game did get boring fast because it was just bash Groot over and over for a good score. I did not want to start a mode because I wanted to listen to cherry bomb and hooked on a feeling which i think is bad integration of the songs.

#3229 2 years ago

10. Star wars. Meh. Barren and a huge letdown.
9. Aerosmith. Ok game, too simple to own.
8. Batman 66. Turd...still steaming and wet. A total disgrace the way it was “sold” and the price they put on it. Will always sour my opinion of Stern.
7. Ghostbusters. Total turdburger.
6. Spider man VE. Excellent, but not quite as good as 2007 version.
5. Whoa Nellie! Boring and pricey. It’s basically a $5000 EM.
4. Game of Thrones. Ok game, but terrible art and confusing rules. Bad mini pf.
3. Kiss. Just a plain old classic turd.
2. Wrestlemania. Turd sandwich.
1. Walking Dead. Fucking masterpiece.

#3230 2 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

10. Star wars. Meh. Barren and a huge letdown.
9. Aerosmith. Ok game, too simple to own.
8. Batman 66. Turd...still steaming and wet. A total disgrace the way it was “sold” and the price they put on it. Will always sour my opinion of Stern.
7. Ghostbusters. Total turdburger.
6. Spider man VE. Excellent, but not quite as good as 2007 version.
5. Whoa Nellie! Boring and pricey. It’s basically a $5000 EM.
4. Game of Thrones. Ok game, but terrible art and confusing rules. Bad mini pf.
3. Kiss. Just a plain old classic turd.
2. Wrestlemania. Turd sandwich.
1. Walking Dead. Fucking masterpiece.

Don't beat around the bush. Tell us how you really feel. Lol.

#3231 2 years ago

10. Star Wars: decent code for a release. Multiplier is tough but a lot of modes. Still haven't formed a strategy yet but that's what I like about it. Keeps me coming back.
9. Aerosmith: simple rules. Fun but lost interest quick. Sold it.
8. Batman: thanks for the bone job on the code Gary. Total scam.
7. Ghostbusters LE: still own it. Don't understand the anger from everyone on this game, it's a tough game, right ramp is brutal. But I love tough games. Awesome multiball. Cool subway. I'm keeping it all day long.
6. Spider Man VE: fun game. Don't like VEs. But still a great Classic Richie. Sold it. Played the hell out of the first one.
5. Whoa Nellie: yawn. Never owned.
4. Game Of Thrones: most under rated game of the group. Rule set is spectacular. If you're too much of a lazy ass to learn the rules, well it's not my problem. Great game. Watched Lyman beat my ass and rolled it on the first ball. Still own it.
3. Kiss: sold it. Code sucked. Code was recently updated and it's actually a fun player now. Still needs the cities coded imo before I buy it again.
2. Wrestle mania: no. Absolutely not. Poor game. Worst of the lot. Hot mess.
1. TWD: wow. Amazing rule set. You really have to be focused to score well and get to final wizard mode. Top notch.
Alien: this game is sooooooo good. Best game in my collection. Whoops. Sorry. Not Stern.

Gotg pro. I really think this will be a fun game when code and call outs are completed. Get some call outs though at least. Reminds me of Batman again with the code and call outs. Unacceptable but if you're willing to wait for code, it will eventually be fun.

#3232 2 years ago

I don't mean to derail this thread more than it already is, but when did TWD start getting so much love around here, It's still the Walking Dud to me?

#3233 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

10. Star Wars: decent code for a release. Multiplier is tough but a lot of modes. Still haven't formed a strategy yet but that's what I like about it. Keeps me coming back.
9. Aerosmith: simple rules. Fun but lost interest quick. Sold it.
8. Batman: thanks for the bone job on the code Gary. Total scam.
7. Ghostbusters LE: still own it. Don't understand the anger from everyone on this game, it's a tough game, right ramp is brutal. But I love tough games. Awesome multiball. Cool subway. I'm keeping it all day long.
6. Spider Man VE: fun game. Don't like VEs. But still a great Classic Richie. Sold it. Played the hell out of the first one.
5. Whoa Nellie: yawn. Never owned.
4. Game Of Thrones: most under rated game of the group. Rule set is spectacular. If you're too much of a lazy ass to learn the rules, well it's not my problem. Great game. Watched Lyman beat my ass and rolled it on the first ball. Still own it.
3. Kiss: sold it. Code sucked. Code was recently updated and it's actually a fun player now. Still needs the cities coded imo before I buy it again.
2. Wrestle mania: no. Absolutely not. Poor game. Worst of the lot. Hot mess.
1. TWD: wow. Amazing rule set. You really have to be focused to score well and get to final wizard mode. Top notch.
Alien: this game is sooooooo good. Best game in my collection. Whoops. Sorry. Not Stern.
Gotg pro. I really think this will be a fun game when code and call outs are completed. Get some call outs though at least. Reminds me of Batman again with the code and call outs. Unacceptable but if you're willing to wait for code, it will eventually be fun.

Was going to add to this but I agree with all of these

#3234 2 years ago

I didn't have a chance to read through this entire thread, but the operator in our area bought one and dropped it off where we have leagues. A few of us went over to play last night and noticed right away that there were no call outs.

Is Stern releasing games with no call outs now, or am I missing something?

#3235 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Is Stern releasing games with no call outs now

more specifically they are releasing code versions with no call outs implemented. From the rumors, the call outs are not approved yet, but coming soon???

#3236 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

more specifically they are releasing code versions with no call outs implemented. From the rumors, the call outs are not approved yet, but coming soon???

Yikes. I have to figure out how to sell stuff to my clients that isn't finished and might never get finished.

Those guys over at Stern are smarter than I am. I have to figure out how they do it....

#3237 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I sure hope so. The clips from the film that have been edited to represent an event in the game, for example the extra ball clip, don't appear to have the characters talking. The extra ball clip shows Starlord handing something to the player but the character doesn't say anything and his lips are not moving. This is a bit concerning as it comes across that original actor won't be in the game.

#3238 2 years ago

yeah, code is not a good situation currently. They are for sure losing customers with games out on a route now that are running this software.

Many casuals play our games on route and then often reach out to ask for help in buying a new game. GOTG is so bare bones at this point it wont reflect well on the game in the longer run.

They NEED a big code update ASAP (like this week, today!) Already spoke to a few players and they have said there is potential but really bare bones and poor code.

#3239 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Yikes. I have to figure out how to sell stuff to my clients that isn't finished and might never get finished.
Those guys over at Stern are smarter than I am. I have to figure out how they do it....

They slap a sticker on it that says, "NEW! Get yours before anyone else!", and people eat it up. Not sure why. Kind of the same situation with Spooky games, but their stickers say, "NEW! We ain't making lots of these, so buy one and join an exclusive club!"

#3240 2 years ago

Any word on when LEs go on the line?

#3241 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Any word on when LEs go on the line?

They are currently on the line now from what I was told...

#3242 2 years ago

Honestly I would expect to see code within the next few days.

#3243 2 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Honestly I would expect to see code within the next few days.

I love new guys on Pinside, so cute and innocent.

(just busting your balls since you aren't flipping machines these days)

#3244 2 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

I love new guys on Pinside, so cute and innocent.
(just busting your balls since you aren't flipping machines these days)

You do realize I have my GOTG up for trade already right? LOL

))

#3245 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

From the rumors, the call outs are not approved yet, but coming soon???

This sounds reminiscent of TWD, and we all know how that turned out.

#3246 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

This sounds reminiscent of TWD, and we all know how that turned out.

Hillbilly I am groot?

#3247 2 years ago

"I rekcons I am groot"

"Hit Rocket if yonktoo"

#3248 2 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

"I rekcons I am groot"
"Hit Rocket if yonktoo"

That's cowboy, not hillbilly. Can't you differentiate between, cowboy, hillbilly, white trash, and redneck? My people are thoroughly insulted.

#3249 2 years ago

"hey ya'll, I'm groot. hit me 3 times for moonshine multibawl."

"ifn' you hit rocket too many times youse gon git more big score."

#3250 2 years ago

You keep forgetting if Groot speaks in the Stern game he will only say one or two things:
I am Groot
We are Groot
I am hoping they add a bunch of inflections and have Rocket interpret. That would be great!

Quoted from waspinat0r:

"hey ya'll, I'm groot. hit me 3 times for moonshine multibawl."
"ifn' you hit rocket too many times youse gon git more big score."

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Protection
Little Shop Of Games
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Great American Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 26.50
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 12.99
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
White Hall, IL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Ballston Spa, NY
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 22.50
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4260 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 86.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside