50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg
There are 4,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 86.
#2951 6 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Yeah everybody shutup and lower your expectations. Send money now!!

No. Don’t send money until it meets your expectations for build quality and software. If it never does then don’t buy it.

#2952 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

until it meets your expectations

Everyone's expectations will differ, but to nitpick a title to death trying to find imperfections or issues with beta code often does not lead to anything productive.

I am a perfect example, I bashed Stern and Star Wars upon release and put on my 'blinders' where I could only see the negative and not the positive. I tried to convince myself that Star Wars was crap and it was not a good machine. Then over time I opened my ears and listened to other owners who stated over and over how much fun the game is. I finally let down my defensive guard and lowered my expectations and I am really happy with my recent Star Wars LE purchase. It is a really fun game and my whole family is enjoying it.

Guardians of the Galaxy will be great and fun to play-keeping it positive on this one (;

#2953 6 years ago

I'll be honest -- the game is more fun to shoot than any of the other games I've owned yet. (Granted, I've not owned the games it's allegedly based on, so I can't compare) However, the code obviously has quite a bit of road left to travel, and there are quite a few things that need to be changed around. (The left ramp needs an airball deflector for sure, the drop target needs a plastic protector), and a couple of other things. I'm pleased with just flipping around for now, and am definitely anticipating code updates, because I think the game is going to be a winner.

That doesn't mean I won't trade it though, that's just what I do in order to try new games(I can only afford one or two max at a time). The only reason I haven't started officially taking offers yet is because I don't feel like getting yelled at because you guys. LOL

#2954 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's a great comparison. Pinball is a game. It's not a car, a piece of art, or something to stare at. It's a game.

I agree with you that its primary function is to be an amusement designed to suck quarters out of your pocket, but I also consider it a form of art (specially some of the older titles). For the games I like, I enjoy looking at them as well as playing them and it gives me a happy emotional response. Isn't that what art does?

Just like Jack Nicholson's Joker said in the 89' Batman film:
"I don't know if it's art, but I like it!"

#2955 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

I don't feel like getting yelled at because you guys.

I think a lot of people give you shit because it is the exact opposite of what everyone else does when they purchase a game, I could not comprehend it myself at first and I felt like you were not giving the games a true chance because of the quick flipping. To each is own, I respect your passion for pinball. I actually get a kick watching newer people get consumed by this disease(also called pinball collecting). Some get more consumed than others.

Keep your passion and don't listen to the haters, you have certainly entertained me.

#2956 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I think a lot of people give you shit because it is the exact opposite of what everyone else does when they purchase a game, I could not comprehend it myself at first and I felt like you were not giving the games a true chance because of the quick flipping. To each is own, I respect your passion for pinball. I actually get a kick watching newer people get consumed by this disease(also called pinball collecting). Some get more consumed than others.
Keep your passion and don't listen to the haters, you have certainly entertained me.

I actually completely understand, I just like throwing back a little bit of silliness sometimes. I know I'm not your average "collector", and I'm fine with that. Since I have no real way to pay pinball without quite a bit of travel, I enjoy trying new stuff in any way I can, even if that means losing my last game. GotG I honestly feel like will be a huge winner though, and it's probably the first game I truly have real reluctance when considering listing. (That and I've only had it 2 days...not that that's stopped me before! )

#2957 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

I'll be honest -- the game is more fun to shoot than any of the other games I've owned yet. (Granted, I've not owned the games it's allegedly based on, so I can't compare) However, the code obviously has quite a bit of road left to travel, and there are quite a few things that need to be changed around. (The left ramp needs an airball deflector for sure, the drop target needs a plastic protector), and a couple of other things. I'm pleased with just flipping around for now, and am definitely anticipating code updates, because I think the game is going to be a winner.
That doesn't mean I won't trade it though, that's just what I do in order to try new games(I can only afford one or two max at a time). The only reason I haven't started officially taking offers yet is because I don't feel like getting yelled at because you guys. LOL

Man -to hell with a bunch of people on the internet. Do what makes you happy. My only beef with you is to stop fooling yourself into thinking there is a perfect game or a keeper for you. There isn’t. You just want a game for a few weeks. That’s okay. Just admit that to yourself for what it is. This makes your searches so much easier.

That being said isn’t your game room upstairs? Your back must be killing you! I have a bulkhead for my basement game room and only move 1 or 2 times a year and I feel like crap for a week afterwords. Lol.

#2958 6 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Man -to hell with a bunch of people on the internet. Do what makes you happy. My only beef with you is to stop fooling yourself into thinking there is a perfect game or a keeper for you. There isn’t. You just want a game for a few weeks. That’s okay. Just admit that to yourself for what it is. This makes your searches so much easier.
That being said isn’t your game room upstairs? Your back must be killing you! I have a bulkhead for my basement game room and only move 1 or 2 times a year and I feel like crap for a week afterwords. Lol.

Nope, after getting rid of BSD and JP and Baywatch, GotG is sitting here firmly in my living room!

gotg (resized).jpggotg (resized).jpg

#2959 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Everyone's expectations will differ, but to nitpick a title to death trying to find imperfections or issues with beta code often does not lead to anything productive.
I am a perfect example, I bashed Stern and Star Wars upon release and put on my 'blinders' where I could only see the negative and not the positive. I tried to convince myself that Star Wars was crap and it was not a good machine. Then over time I opened my ears and listened to other owners who stated over and over how much fun the game is. I finally let down my defensive guard and lowered my expectations and I am really happy with my recent Star Wars LE purchase. It is a really fun game and my whole family is enjoying it.
Guardians of the Galaxy will be great and fun to play-keeping it positive on this one (;

agree 100%

#2960 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Metallica is one game I wish I had've owned by now. I feel like I would've kept it. Maybe even Kiss.

Met is the gem in my sea of stern.

#2961 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Maybe I'll pick up a PS4 this weekend. They're less than $200 everywhere this weekend.

If you have (or will upgrade to) a newer HDTV, I’d spend the extra coin for a PS4 Pro, even if it’s not getting BF discounts. 4K support and better frame rates are worth the premium (which as you point out, is nothing next to what you’d spend on a pinball machine).

Quoted from rubberducks:

Can't comment on the validity of your Vault theory. I do think they'dbe missing a trick not to do TWD VE with comic book art in future though.

Agreed - they’d tap a new audience that didn’t love the show-themed art package, and probably get some double dipping from current owners that like the comics.

#2962 6 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

It's fun and there's tons of potential people

Dude, you need to call your local garage door company and have that extension spring replaced with a torsion spring system. Your door will work much smoother and you wont have an injured child or busted up pinball machine when it snaps...and it will.
Expect to pay just under $400, but its worth it...

20171123_065655 (resized).jpg20171123_065655 (resized).jpg

#2963 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

pretty simple really... marketing.
You will sell vaults to both completely new owners AND current owners.
You provide an option the customer wants (i.e. no stupid prem left ramp flap but with spinner and bomb button)
It costs you nearly nothing to make the new vault model and you can market and sell it for more than the pro while still only costing about the same as the pro to make.
There would be both prem/le and pro buyers that would upgrade to the newer version which many would consider the best of both worlds. (yeah yeah... I know all the prem/le owners claim to love the left ramp pash toy, but if we are honest it is very clunky and a poor implementation compared to the smoothness of the pro ramp)
The person whom told me is typically pretty good with info.
I personally hope it happens because the only thing keeping me from getting a pro is the lacking bomb and spinner. The only thing keping me from a prem is the stupid ramp. It would be great to see the final polish on what I think is one of the best common day games made and programmed.

Would be really cool if true but I wouldn't hold my breath. Last year there were solid rumors that the ACDC vault would be a supped up Pro with some of the Premium features minus the under playfield and new art but the VE was largely unchanged from the original.

The smartest and easiest thing Stern could do would add the best feature from the Premium (Walker bombs) to the Pro VE. It would require no playfield changes and would be simple to add a new lockdown bar and switch to the new cabinet and would only require minor software changes to make it work. I have a TWDLE but would have picked a Pro if it had Walker bombs. I'd miss the spinners and some of the other features but Walker bombs are really the only feature I couldn't live without.

#2964 6 years ago

Is there any way to lower power on auto launch. Keeps hitting backboard.

#2965 6 years ago

I watched Waspinator on stream. He looks younger (but not young) than the average pinball owner, which isn't hard, sorry guys. Actually seeing him helps me understand better. If you dont have the space and cash flow, but are new to ownership, swapping out games makes sense. I was the same way, but the difference for me was I had space and cash flow and ended up buying 10+ machines in a relatively short time. If I had not had the space or cash flow at the time, I would have definitely quickly cycled through many of my games. The younger generations are starting to hoard less and less than older generations and dont have as much attachment to physical objects.

#2966 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Dude, you need to call your local garage door company and have that extension spring replaced with a torsion spring system. Your door will work much smoother and you wont have an injured child or busted up pinball machine when it snaps...and it will.
Expect to pay just under $400, but its worth it...

They do have safety cables that go through the springs now. If the spring snaps the broken spring stays in position on the safety cable.

#2967 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

That's great but you don't have to, why do you guys make it out like someone is forcing you to buy this game? Super Mario good comparison

Some people feel the need to preach to others about what they should and shouldn't do with their $$$.

And its not just a comment here or there its non stop.

"Look at me, I'm smarter than the rest of you dumb bastards". Trust me, you are NOT.

Some of you need to pull the sticks out of your arses and go rain your condescending BS elsewhere.

Pinball is a game meant to be FUN. If it's not FUN for you, then that's your problem.

#2968 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

They do have safety cables that go through the springs now. If the spring snaps the broken spring stays in position on the safety cable.

In theory that is correct, but I have seen the spring break and the force from it rip the entire track assembly off the wall...sometimes it just pulls the punched angle off the ceiling...I have a pic somewhere of half a spring and the horizontal portion of the track busted through the drivers window of a prius, with the safety cable still attatched... lots of stories from my dad as well, we have a family garage door business for 34 years.
Just trying to prevent an accident, didnt mean to derail...

#2969 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmicjim:

I watched Waspinator on stream. He looks younger (but not young) than the average pinball owner, which isn't hard, sorry guys. Actually seeing him helps me understand better. If you dont have the space and cash flow, but are new to ownership, swapping out games makes sense. I was the same way, but the difference for me was I had space and cash flow and ended up buying 10+ machines in a relatively short time. If I had not had the space or cash flow at the time, I would have definitely quickly cycled through many of my games. The younger generations are starting to hoard less and less than older generations and dont have as much attachment to physical objects.

HE GETS IT!

Edit: also, what's all this "but not young" talk.

#2970 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmicjim:

I have the physical attachment problem (I still have my cassette player) and lack of physical strength issue. It's hard enough for me to get them down into my basement. While I could obviously get some help, the thought of lifting 300 pounds up my stairs (with a weird turn that makes it even more difficult) makes me think twice about swapping my games. Having said that, I only have room for one more (my wife is a good sport about my hobby, as long as the pins stay in the basement and don't invade the main floor) so after my next purchase I am either going to have to live with what I have, or start swapping out.

#2971 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

HE GETS IT!
Edit: also, what's all this "but not young" talk.

lol, sorry. Meant to imply you aren't a kid.

#2972 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

oes get old after the 100 time of reiteration(Again Broken Record)
Time to dive back in Rare and buy some new Sterns-they are a blast!
Lower your expectations and be thankful....

Wow. This is the most insane post I've read in a while. You're sick of my "broken record", I'm sick of this sycophancy. Lower my expectations for $5000-$8000?!!? On what planet !?!? Dive back in in a new Stern? What game!?!? The current roster isn't a blast. A blast in the nuts, maybe? B66= Clunky, overpriced, unfinished. GB = Worst game ever. GOT & SW = Zero fun mechanical features, convoluted math chess. AS, Kiss, GOTG = clones of better games with uninspired rules. The 7 Sterns I have now are a blast. Be thankful!? For what? To give my money over for untested and unfinished games? BE THANKFUL!? That's what led Stern to making people BEG to buy Batman. F that S. They need to be thankful that are still people willing to spend this much on a giant retro game (for
now).

#2973 6 years ago

Wow Happy Thanksgiving Debbie

dd.jpgdd.jpg

#2974 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm sick of this sycophancy.

I know you love using that word, and while it is insulting, it’s also inaccurate. It doesn’t mean “blind loyalty,” it means “obsequious behavior toward someone important in order to gain advantage” (thanks Google). Do you really think people are kissing up to Gary Stern in hopes that he’ll bestow some special favor on them?

#2975 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Wow. This is the most insane post I've read in a while. You're sick of my "broken record", I'm sick of this sycophancy. Lower my expectations for $5000-$8000?!!? On what planet !?!? Dive back in in a new Stern? What game!?!? The current roster isn't a blast. A blast in the nuts, maybe? B66= Clunky, overpriced, unfinished. GB = Worst game ever. GOT & SW = Zero fun mechanical features, convoluted math chess. AS, Kiss, GOTG = clones of better games with uninspired rules. The 7 Sterns I have now are a blast. Be thankful!? For what? To give my money over for untested and unfinished games? BE THANKFUL!? That's what led Stern to making people BEG to buy Batman. F that S. They need to be thankful that are still people willing to spend this much on a giant retro game (for
now).

I typically agree but BM66 is much better now. I'd say it's the best Stern after Metallica available right now. I'd buy it way before GOTG.

My advice is to avoid GOTG and pick up Metallica, BM66, or GOT.

I think Game of Thrones is damn good and for me it's the last traditional title before the LCD that was really good.

GOTG is unplayable.
BM66 after one year is fun.
AS is okay
WWE is garbage
Kiss is very okay
GB is clunky and I do not get it. I had it and got rid of it.
SW is brutal and very bare. I kinda like it in a large collection.

#2976 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

now).

Sad sack broken record. Translation: "The stuff i own and buy is great. The rest of you dummies don't know shit".

What a sewer of negative narcissistic BS!

Sycophant? How about "narcissist"? Look up the meaning of it and then stare in the mirror.

#2977 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I typically agree but BM66 is much better now. I'd say it's the best Stern after Metallica available right now. I'd buy it way before GOTG.
My advice is to avoid GOTG and pick up Metallica, BM66, or GOT.
I think Game of Thrones is damn good and for me it's the last traditional title before the LCD that was really good.
GOTG is unplayable.
BM66 after one year is fun.
AS is okay
WWE is garbage
Kiss is very okay
GB is clunky and I do not get it. I had it and got rid of it.
SW is brutal and very bare. I kinda like it in a large collection.

Agreed B66 is getting better, but after the beg-to-buy scheme & launching with proto code, I'm amazed that "getting better" is still cool with people. Look, if have it already, that's awesome. But would anyone buy one new at this point?

Im perfectly happy with my Stern lineup. TPSS, LOTR, AC/DC, Met, FGY, Tron, IM. If I were to get an itch to buy another Stern I'd probably revisit some "oldies" like Elvis, Sopranos, Spider-Man, Avatar, or even the infamous WOF.

Back to GOTG - it's the first theme in a while that I've been interested in, but I don't buy on theme anymore. Here's hoping they can right this ship....forgive me if I lack faith at this point.

#2978 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I know you love using that word, and while it is insulting, it’s also inaccurate. It doesn’t mean “blind loyalty,” it means “obsequious behavior toward someone important in order to gain advantage” (thanks Google). Do you really think people are kissing up to Gary Stern in hopes that he’ll bestow some special favor on them?

Hmmm...alrighty, what term should I use then for this blind loyalty? Cult? Sterntologists?

#2980 6 years ago

Well I also think GOTG is going to suck but for 2 reasons only:

1 - I don't have the funds at the moment
2 - I don't have the space at the moment

#2981 6 years ago

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

#2982 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Hmmm...alrighty, what term should I use then for this blind loyalty? Cult? Sterntologists?

How about gullible?

"Every two weeks until we getcha there" cured me.

#2983 6 years ago

I just discovered a new game series on last gen video game hardware (xbox360): Borderlands. It’s awesome, cost me almost nothing, I’m ~20 hours into the FIRST game and no end is in sight. A bad node board on a new $5500-$9000 Stern will cost me hundreds in comparison. Winner: video games!

#2984 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Rare I respect you and your post and with no intended offense I think you need to lower your expectations a little. Quality has gone down on occasion and price has gone up, but how many times do we need to hear that you have not bought or supported Stern since Metallica. It is starting to sound like a broken record, and makes you look like a Stern hater(which I know you are not).
I guess my point is I think you need to relax a little and be thankful pinball is back in the spotlight and you have choices to buy from multiple companies. I got frustrated at Stern's money grabbing Batman 66 game release and it put a bad taste in my mouth, but I got over it quickly. I got a bad taste in my mouth when Rick with PPS started flapping his mouth at fellow pinsider's about coin mechs, etc., but I got over it and bought a MMR.
Stern has been behind the eight ball since their move and they may have rushed out machines or cut and pasted design elements to make a production schedule deadline, but they are still turning out decent, fun games imo. The only games Stern has made that I do not care for are WWF, and Batman 66 (Mainly because I am not into theme). All of Sterns other games made since Metallica are fun games.
You can argue all day long until you are blue in the face trying to convince other people not to buy "Stern Crap" because lack of code or imperfections, or bad design, etc. I think you are wasting your breath, because Pinsiders make up maybe 5-10% of the overall potential pinball buyers. This ideology of 'If we all take a stance and don't buy-Stern will learn a lesson and make improvements' is a pipe dream. Sorry but Stern is up 40% in last two years and doing very well, they take suggestions into consideration, but they will maintain their 3 title a year release regardless of production delays.
I have been very happy with all of my recent NIB Stern pinball machine purchases and I am thankful that I am in the position to be able to afford them and I am thankful that Stern is still in business making great machines.
I am not a Stern Fanboy, just a dedicated pinhead who loves pinball and wants it to thrive.

Yes it's important to have this conversation, but it does get old after the 100 time of reiteration(Again Broken Record)

Very well said. There are quite a few of us that share the same sentiments. Pinball is fun and very much alive and well in our home. Most of our machines are Sterns and we love em! We recently came home from a trip to the USA and we visited as many pinball arcades as we could as we do not have that luxury in Australia. We spoke to as many pinheads as we could and we had a great time. Nearly everyone preferred new Sterns or 90s BW games. Quite the opposite to Pinside.

My wife and I are dedicated pinheads too. We want the hobby to survive and thrive. Bad mouthing gives us all a bad name and only achieves bad feelings.

Happy Flipping I say!

#2985 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I just discovered a new game series on last gen video game hardware (xbox360): Borderlands. It’s awesome, cost me almost nothing, I’m ~20 hours into the FIRST game and no end is in sight. A bad node board on a new $5500-$9000 Stern will cost me hundreds in comparison. Winner: video games!

Just in time for the upcoming Borderlands 3 announcement!

#2986 6 years ago

IM COVERED IN OREGANO AND PARMESAN, AND ITS STICKING TO ME BECAUSE OF THE BUTTER!!

#2987 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Rare I respect you and your post and with no intended offense I think you need to lower your expectations a little. Quality has gone down on occasion and price has gone up, but how many times do we need to hear that you have not bought or supported Stern since Metallica. It is starting to sound like a broken record, and makes you look like a Stern hater(which I know you are not).
I guess my point is I think you need to relax a little and be thankful pinball is back in the spotlight and you have choices to buy from multiple companies. I got frustrated at Stern's money grabbing Batman 66 game release and it put a bad taste in my mouth, but I got over it quickly. I got a bad taste in my mouth when Rick with PPS started flapping his mouth at fellow pinsider's about coin mechs, etc., but I got over it and bought a MMR.
Stern has been behind the eight ball since their move and they may have rushed out machines or cut and pasted design elements to make a production schedule deadline, but they are still turning out decent, fun games imo. The only games Stern has made that I do not care for are WWF, and Batman 66 (Mainly because I am not into theme). All of Sterns other games made since Metallica are fun games.
You can argue all day long until you are blue in the face trying to convince other people not to buy "Stern Crap" because lack of code or imperfections, or bad design, etc. I think you are wasting your breath, because Pinsiders make up maybe 5-10% of the overall potential pinball buyers. This ideology of 'If we all take a stance and don't buy-Stern will learn a lesson and make improvements' is a pipe dream. Sorry but Stern is up 40% in last two years and doing very well, they take suggestions into consideration, but they will maintain their 3 title a year release regardless of production delays.
I have been very happy with all of my recent NIB Stern pinball machine purchases and I am thankful that I am in the position to be able to afford them and I am thankful that Stern is still in business making great machines.
I am not a Stern Fanboy, just a dedicated pinhead who loves pinball and wants it to thrive.

Yes it's important to have this conversation, but it does get old after the 100 time of reiteration(Again Broken Record)

Don’t ever tell a customer they should lower their expectations. As a business, you try to rise to the occasion and meet or exceed your customers expectations. To do otherwise is just B.S. and a bad way to run a business.

#2988 6 years ago

... that doesn’t mean that some customers don’t have unreasonable expectations, but if someone is unhappy with a product you shouldn’t tell them they should be silent. Screw that. Block their posts if you are so tired of it

#2989 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

... that doesn’t mean that some customers don’t have unreasonable expectations, but if someone is unhappy with a product you shouldn’t tell them they should be silent. Screw that. Block their posts if you are so tired of it

Call up Stern and tell them or vote with your wallet

The negative circle jerk here does NOTHING. It becomes over the top and whiny crybaby nonsense when it’s non stop

Nope, unblocked posts and I’m gonna keep riding herd on that BS so screw that

#2990 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

if someone is unhappy with a product you shouldn’t tell them they should be silent. Screw that.

Yeah, I'm not gonna be silent like GOTG!

#2991 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Call up Stern and tell them or vote with your wallet
The negative circle jerk here does NOTHING

21F51EEC-0FF6-48E3-998F-8E347F223AB6 (resized).png21F51EEC-0FF6-48E3-998F-8E347F223AB6 (resized).png

#2992 6 years ago

This doesn't exist.

IMG_2373 (resized).PNGIMG_2373 (resized).PNG

#2993 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

This doesn't exist.

mods are saving the planet today.

#2994 6 years ago
Quoted from mittens:

Well I also think GOTG is going to suck but for 2 reasons only:
1 - I don't have the funds at the moment
2 - I don't have the space at the moment

Hey Mittens!

No 1 is the real reason for most of the whining and complaining!

#2995 6 years ago

The Stern hate has gotten out of control on here for sure. I don’t have a problem with anyone not liking Stern at all, I have a problem with the people who won’t stfu and feel like they have to shit on every Stern game that is made and those who make it their job in life to bash Stern on Pinside constantly. I have been so busy that I only got to watch about 5-10 minutes of gameplay for GOTG so I can’t wait to watch it and see if all of this hate is warranted. I know the game is beautiful and as of right now I am jealous AF of you guys that own the game so far. I have no doubt this game is going to be a huge success and a big big seller!

#2996 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The Stern hate has gotten out of control on here for sure. I don’t have a problem with anyone not liking Stern at all, I have a problem with the people who won’t stfu and feel like they have to shit on every Stern game that is made and those who make it their job in life to bash Stern on Pinside constantly. I have been so busy that I only got to watch about 5-10 minutes of gameplay for GOTG so I can’t wait to watch it and see if all of this hate is warranted. I know the game is beautiful and as of right now I am jealous AF of you guys that own the game so far. I have no doubt this game is going to be a huge success and a big big seller!

Do not worry about them dude! They are just dickheads that have no intention of buying the machine and are only on Pinside to cause issues. To be perfectly honest I do not give a flying F*&k about their opinions. The only thing that gets to me is the constant BS giving all of us and the hobby a bad name. Pinball is all about having fun and what you like. I think you do that well. Jealousy is an extremely destructive emotion. Get rid of that shit right now! Be happy for everyone and what they have!

#2997 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Do not worry about them dude! They are just dickheads that have no intention of buying the machine and are only on Pinside to cause issues. To be perfectly honest I do not give a flying F*&k about their opinions. The only thing that gets to me is the constant BS giving all of us and the hobby a bad name. Pinball is all about having fun and what you like. I think you do that well. Jealousy is an extremely destructive emotion. Get rid of that shit right now! Be happy for everyone and what they have!

Yep I agree totally. Some of the complaining no doubt is warranted but a lot of it is not. People can hate Stern all they want but I tell you what, if they go under this hobby suffers big time because they are making some killer games. Yes they need to improve in certain areas but they make the funnest games in pinball history IMO. There is one company that IMO their games suck so bad that it’s not even funny, but I don’t make it my job in life to try and put them out of business.

#2998 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yep I agree totally. Some of the complaining no doubt is warranted but a lot of it is not. People can hate Stern all they want but I tell you what, if they go under this hobby suffers big time because they are making some killer games. Yes they need to improve in certain areas but they make the funnest game in pinball history IMO. There is one company that IMO their games suck so bad that it’s not even funny, but I don’t make it my job in life to try and put them out of business.

Just vote with your wallet. Stern are doing just great. Most of their customer base is not on Pinside so you have nothing to worry about. GOTG will be a killer game just like the rest of them. Stern whining has been going on for a long time. There is nothing you or I can do to change it. Let them piss and bitch and moan. Family and friends are the most important things in life and that is all that really matters to me. Everything else comes second.

Happy Flipping!

Con

#2999 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Just vote with your wallet. Stern are doing just great. Most of their customer base is not on Pinside so you have nothing to worry about. GOTG will be a killer game just like the rest of them. Stern whining has been going on for a long time. There is nothing you or I can do to change it. Let them piss and bitch and moan. Family and friends are the most important things in life and that is all that really matters to me. Everything else comes second.
Happy Flipping!
Con

All of my new Sterns are great and I love them. They are fun as hell and reliable too, money well spent I think!

#3000 6 years ago

What a load of crap. Don't bitch about Stern? Yeah Ok, first you thank these jealous guys who got Stern to include 2 songs on GOTG, you can also thank guys like KPG for getting you all new PFs for all the f-ed up GBs. While you're at it you can thank the guys on here who made them finish the final X-Men code..etc...etc.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 28.00
Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 25.00
$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 4,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 86.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-is-here/page/60 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.