50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg

There are 4,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 86.
#2801 6 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

All my games are Sterns at the moment but I think it’s time for me to test the waters over at JJP for a while. I’ll come back to Stern once they get their shit together.

You are not alone in that sentiment.

JJP is awesome (Hobbit excepted) and getting better IMO, and AP's Houdini is looking and playing really great.

#2802 6 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Possibly but can you tell me for certain that their sales are suffering at all?

Quoted from ASOA:

Buying my LE for the home collection but holding on my order of 10 pros for my locations until they do something with the code.

#2803 6 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Fortunately, I don’t care for their LE’s so I can afford to wait a year for a NIB Stern and will certainly do that given what they’ve been delivering at launch the past couple of years. I agree with you but until it hits them in the bank account they have no motivation to change their ways. I couldn’t imagine buying this game right now the way it is. All my games are Sterns at the moment but I think it’s time for me to test the waters over at JJP for a while. I’ll come back to Stern once they get their shit together.

or you could go with a SW pro, code is all but finished and the game is amazing.

#2804 6 years ago

The game itself is a lot of fun, and is only going to get better.

I seem to have Switch errors, though #59, #60, #61, and #62 -- all related to groot switches...but he works fine. I'm not sure what to make of it. I'm hoping it's just beta code probs.

#2805 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

I seem to have Switch errors, though #59, #60, #61, and #62 -- all related to groot switches...but he works fine. I'm not sure what to make of it. I'm hoping it's just beta code probs.

It’s just a code thing same here running version .66

#2806 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

It has a lot of potential and I have no doubt that it will be an excellent game eventually.

I doubt the errors are code related. You may have a wire disconnected somewhere in that line. Did you check under the playfield?
Edit: misunderstood the issue...see chuckwurt's response

#2807 6 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

It has a lot of potential and I have no doubt that it will be an excellent game eventually.
I doubt the errors are code related. You may have a wire disconnected somewhere in that line. Did you check under the playfield?

This happens all the time on new games. False tech alerts. How could he have a switch error in Groot’s head and it be working properly?

#2808 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This happens all the time on new games. False tech alerts. How could he have a switch error in Groot’s head and it be working properly?

Good call. I missed the part about it working properly somehow. So false alerts are a common thing? Good to know.

#2809 6 years ago

In all seriousness what is the number of updates provided to Star Wars code since it was released? Just trying to see how quick they did that one and how many.

#2810 6 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Good call. I missed the part about it working properly somehow. So false alerts are a common thing? Good to know.

No idea why but yeah sure early code tends to have them. My GOT had it, SW had it, maybe GB? Not sure on that one.

#2811 6 years ago

Can anyone please confirm besides lack of code has there been any mechanical issues with GOTG? By now we all know Stern is late to the party offering code at launch. However they were very quick dropping new updates to games like Star Wars. The hollidays are quickly approaching and this played a big factor on GOTG being released so soon. We all need to justify these big purchases one way or another. The exscuse I came up with on this one was it was my early Christmas present. (Sounds believable right?) Jokeing aside code will be released but mechanical issues are more concerning. Anyone that has recived there PRO and put some time on it please confirm the following /Overall build quality/ Playfield/ Cabinet/Mechanics.

Thank you

#2812 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Can anyone please confirm besides lack of code has there been any mechanical issues with GOTG? By now we all know Stern is late to the party offering code at launch. However they were very quick dropping new updates to games like Star Wars. The hollidays are quickly approaching and this played a big factor on GOTG being released so soon. We all need to justify these big purchases one way or another. The exscuse I came up with on this one was it was my early Christmas present. (Sounds believable right?) Jokeing aside code will be released but mechanical issues are more concerning. Anyone that has recived there PRO and put some time on it please confirm the following /Overall build quality/ Playfield/ Cabinet/Mechanics.
Thank you

I promise(!!!!!!!!!!!!!) I'm not trying to be an ass here, but I have a legit question:

You've been championing the game pretty intently, speaking as if you know all about the game and its operations, quality, and bargain(You even thanked stern for this) -- why are you just now asking for this info after all the bread and butter you've spread about the game in this thread and the forums overall? You say you need to justify the purchase, but you were trying to justify it FOR us just pages ago...so I'm kind of confused as to why you want this now. Again, no hate or ill will here, just trying to understand what's happening here.

#2813 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

I promise(!!!!!!!!!!!!!) I'm not trying to be an ass here, but I have a legit question:
You've been championing the game pretty intently, speaking as if you know all about the game and its operations, quality, and bargain(You even thanked stern for this) -- why are you just now asking for this info after all the bread and butter you've spread about the game in this thread and the forums overall? You say you need to justify the purchase, but you were trying to justify it FOR us just pages ago...so I'm kind of confused as to why you want this now. Again, no hate or ill will here, just trying to understand what's happening here.

he is part of the Stern hype machine... until it potentially impacts his bottom line

Quoted from ASOA:

holding on my order of 10 pros

appears he wants to hype it to everyone else but then when he saw the state fo the code it made him pause personally on his commitment for 10 games to put on route (understandable to be honest as it made me pause also). Looks like he is now trying to justify the purchase as >> code will get done (not always the case and esp if a bad seller out of the gate) but wants some reassurance about the physical mechs.

#2814 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Thank you

Balls were often getting jammed in Groot at Free Play (on the one to the right of SW). Much of the time I saw people just shaking the machine or getting an error message. Not a large sample size with that though.

#2815 6 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

In all seriousness what is the number of updates provided to Star Wars code since it was released? Just trying to see how quick they did that one and how many.

Now a couple of these were not "released", they were simply lumped in to the next one, but gives you a good idea. This is Dwight, not Lonnie. The other noteworthy item is that .93 actually seems to have everything there (all modes, Lightsaber Duel, wizard mode). The SW code is in a REALLY good place right now.

PRO V0.93 - October 18, 2017
=============================

PRO V0.92 - October 6, 2017
=========================

PRO V0.91 - September 29, 2017
==============================

PRO V0.90 - August 24, 2017
===========================

PRO V0.89 - August 14, 2017

PRO V0.88 - August 11, 2017

PRO V0.87 - July 26, 2017
======================

PRO V0.86 - July 26, 2017
======================

PRO V0.85 - July 19, 2017

PRO V0.84 - July 11, 2017
======================

PRO V0.83 - July 7, 2017
=====================
- Initial release.

#2816 6 years ago

dupe post

#2817 6 years ago

Played it last night on location. Fun game, waaay better than SW even if the code is in early state. I just can't figure out why Stern had to fuck up the best theme in SW. So disappointing that a new theme like this gets more attention than the most prolific theme in sci fi. Stern, you lost all my respect and it will be hard to get me back as a NIB customer.

#2818 6 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Played it last night on location. Fun game, waaay better than SW even if the code is in early state. I just can't figure out why Stern had to fuck up the best theme in SW. So disappointing that a new theme like this gets more attention than the most prolific theme in sci fi. Stern, you lost all my respect and it will be hard to get me back as a NIB customer.

Sw kicks royal ass !! But you gotta be good in pinball / if you really new what stern went through with the sw people behind closed doors you would change your tune

#2819 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Now a couple of these were not "released", they were simply lumped in to the next one, but gives you a good idea. This is Dwight, not Lonnie. The other noteworthy item is that .93 actually seems to have everything there (all modes, Lightsaber Duel, wizard mode). The SW code is in a REALLY good place right now.
PRO V0.93 - October 18, 2017
=============================
PRO V0.92 - October 6, 2017
PRO V0.91 - September 29, 2017
==============================
PRO V0.90 - August 24, 2017
PRO V0.89 - August 14, 2017
PRO V0.88 - August 11, 2017
PRO V0.87 - July 26, 2017
======================
PRO V0.86 - July 26, 2017
======================
PRO V0.85 - July 19, 2017
PRO V0.84 - July 11, 2017
======================
PRO V0.83 - July 7, 2017
=====================
- Initial release.

Thanks!!! I appreciate the facts

#2820 6 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Sw kicks royal ass !! But you gotta be good in pinball / if you really new what stern went through with the sw people behind closed doors you would change your tune

So, you were there behind those closed doors? Do tell.

#2821 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

No worries. I will start by my Thank you to stern. We asked for more options installed into there PRO versions of there games. I feel they have done that with this title. Not sure what all the big fuss was about that. I guess some people were not taught manners when they were a child. You know (Please & Thank you).

On to my question has anyone experienced any malfunctions or defects. I have had access to a limited number of machines 4 is the magic number if you must know. Code was not installed into any of the 4 games until Monday Nov. 13th. We have had alot of game play on these games but that does not tell me If there were any issues with the first batch of games shipped to the public. It's a pretty legitimate question. Has anyone experienced any mechanical issues with there game. I can attest to the ones I have had the pleasure of playing but it would be nice to know others experiences. Pretty sure we don't just judge a game by 4 demo models.

And as far as the Stern support by me I will say it again for the slower pinsiders out there. I have no sides I love all 3 major manufactures. I support all of there titles. I own them in my personal collection as well as in our locations.
JJP
STERN
CGC
not to discredit other manufactures it's just these are the 3 that we know very well and feel comfortable purchasing.

The negativity on Pinside can get a bit overwhelming. It's like some people only try to make others experiences unpleasant here on pinside. This issue should be addressed.

My decision for holding on my order of 10 GOTG Pros is very rational. If the code is not there my locations will not take to the game. Therefore money will not be generated. Also once you put a game on location if it does not play well because of lack of code most customers will not try it again once the code gets an update. All they know is they played it once before and it was not that enjoyable. I will not ruin that experience for my customers so I will wait. I'm sure it will not be long judging by how quick they were to release Star Wars updates. As for my LE I will still by this because I know what the game will be in the near future. I will enjoy it for what it is now and enjoy it even more when new updates get released.

I hope this answers some of your questions.

Thank you

#2822 6 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

So, you were there behind those closed doors? Do tell.

I was at expo steve said never again will he do a movie theme and everything they did with sw had to be approved by the sw people he said it was a royal pain in the ass

#2823 6 years ago
Quoted from jdpilot:

Nope, not the same voice actor and no, he’s not trying to be Ackbar. He’s just suppose to be a unknown rebel commander/general.

It has been previously confirmed that the actor doing callouts on SW is the narrator used the animated Star Wars Rebels and the Star Wars Clone Wars.

#2824 6 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

I was at expo steve said never again will he do a movie theme and everything they did with sw had to be approved by the sw people he said it was a royal pain in the ass

Everything has to be approved on ANY license game. It just sounded like Disney was much less agreeable than most people they work with, so Star Wars was not a joy to work on.

#2825 6 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I couldn't disagree with you more regarding Star Wars. Star Wars is awesome. I encourage you to spend some time with the latest code in a home environment. Play Lightsaber duel with the volume up and the awesome sound, video integration, and implementation of the three color GI. Escape the Death Star. Then report back...

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2826 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

My decision for holding on my order of 10 GOTG Pros is very rational. If the code is not there my locations will not take to the game. Therefore money will not be generated. Also once you put a game on location if it does not play well because of lack of code most customers will not try it again once the code gets an update. All they know is they played it once before and it was not that enjoyable. I will not ruin that experience for my customers so I will wait. I'm sure it will not be long judging by how quick they were to release Star Wars updates. As for my LE I will still by this because I know what the game will be in the near future. I will enjoy it for what it is now and enjoy it even more when new updates get released.

your decision is VERY rational and makes sense. I think the point being is that you have a healthy level of hype for Stern but then people see a dichotomy when it comes to your own purchases. The healthy level of questioning around Stern is valid for all people (esp given the lack of code again, previous history, and of course the plethora of QC issues). I am happy to see you are pushing pause on your support of them and hope that they see both home owners and large operators are having second thoughts and the hype "must have every new game" is less than it was just a few games back with even lessor titles.

the more we show both out tempered support and influence with our wallets, the better.

I agree that I am very skeptical of putitng GOTG out in this current state. As you noted, many players will try 2 games on it, find the code lacking and buggy, and never return (even when the code gets polished in the future). Putting a game on route too early based on lack of polish can be a bad thing.

Stern used to take care of the operators first and they would get games before the homeowners and at least get a coin drop bump from the early worm philosophy. Now, regular homeowners are getting games first so not any real front end bump for the added risk of routing a half baked code game.

I personally cant imagine the thought of giving Stern 50k for 10 pro ames to put on route in this state. Hell, I have concerns with buying the 1 we are getting after seeing the current code (and hearing that BM66 is still un polished). The lack of a consistent trend makes it all so unpredictable... Is it coder team based (i.e. Dwight seems to crank out the code updates, but others are taking years)? Is it overall resource based? Is it sales based (i.e. if a game sells poorly > see WWE < then the code gets left for dead earlier in development)?

The inconsistency makes it as hard as anything.

#2827 6 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I just can't figure out why Stern had to fuck up the best theme in SW.

They didn't, its great

#2828 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Everything has to be approved on ANY license game. It just sounded like Disney was much less agreeable than most people they work with, so Star Wars was not a joy to work on.

Another point - Marvel is Disney. So GOTG is Disney.

#2829 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Another point - Marvel is Disney. So GOTG is Disney.

Yeah - I think they're just MUCH more strict/controlling with Star Wars given what the property means to the bottom line. Probably the only thing that would be worse to work with them on is a Mickey Mouse pin. GotG isn't the megalith that SW is.

#2830 6 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Movies and super heroes are going to continue to be one leg of the stool for game themes. I just don't see it going any other way. Maybe Steve will be able to pick & choose to only do rock bands or other misc themes, but I highly doubt Stern is going to abandon movie themes. They (movie themes) help sell product even if they cost money and are a PITA. Do you think Stern could sell large quantities of unfinished games if the themes weren't really popular?

#2831 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

your decision is rational and makes sense.

Thank you.

Question:

You are always quick to call me a big Stern supporter not that it is a bad thing. However would you call yourself anti Stern? It seems like every chance you get you lash out at the company. Also judging by Your Personal collection you don't seem to have a single Stern title. Just a question.

#2832 6 years ago

Full disclosure - I have a GOTG Pro on order. Hopefully that doesn't bias this info too much...

Played GOTG on location yesterday. The game has a substantial amount of "play" code in it already with all eight of the main modes, both multiballs, a super skill shot, the hadron enforcer, shot and bonus multipliers, upgrades, mystery, outlane saves, etc. All outward appearances indicated to me that it shipped with a similar level of code as Aerosmith. The rules themselves are strikingly familiar with Aerosmith with many of the modes having similarities: groot MB ~ toy-box MB, orb MB ~ elevator MB, looks to be two wizard modes - 1 for playing all the modes and MBs, and 1 for completing them like Aerosmith, the two targets by Groot (I believe) light the right outlane ball save like the two on Aero, play three modes lights an extra ball, scoop shot for mode selection - mode selection available on plunge sometimes as well. The hadron enforcer targets are well implemented - it's nice to be able to go for a risky shot like those stand up targets knowing that the payoff is being able to hit the action button for a needed mode/MB shot. I paid particular attention to the ramps and rejects - the few times the ball didn't make it all the way around it came back to a flipper or was salvageable. From a geometry perspective, I don't think these are necessarily rejects as in the ball is banging back and forth and losing momentum, it's just that the ramps are really, really high off the playfield (maybe twice as high as many others) and you just gotta hit them clean. The single magnet effect was really fun and implemented well. Mechanically the game didn't have any issues other than really hard hits to the orb shot sometimes would not register quick enough and the drop target wouldn't come up in time. I didn't have any SDTM balls that couldn't be saved like some of the scoop shots from some Star Wars Pros I've played on route, or some of the kick outs on GB prior to the ball save code. It was really fun to shoot and from a player's perspective there is plenty in this game right now to keep it going. Oh, the artwork - yup, it's fabulous. Colors are crisp and vibrant. Franchi did a great job of painting the characters photo-realistic but still with his own style. The graphic layout was well done and the integration of the ball save lights in Star Lord's eyes is just so well done.

With that said, the game still needs a lot of work in the audio and video department as others have been keen to point out. I did really enjoy many of the video clips and some I thought were really well integrated - the extra ball vid for instance where he almost drops the orb made me chuckle, and the ball save, etc. There's quite a few in there that are well done, others need some refinement and a sense of continuity. Hopefully the mode code gets another few passes too - "Sibling Rivalry" especially I think could benefit from a few adjustments - based on the name of the mode you would think it would be a battle between Nebula and Gamora and the shots should relate better. I'd love it if they made Groot MB an option to pass or extend like in toy-box MB as well (seeing how so much else is copied over, why not copy over that great idea). Points in the game are extremely unbalanced right now as well - Groot MB all day long. 40 - 60 million on that MB versus a couple million here and there in the main modes. As I said in other posts, pinside needs to be careful what they wish for - - personally, I like the song "Cherry Bomb" and "Hooked on a Feeling" but wow, do they get played on this pin. I heard those songs for 3 hours straight playing in all parts of the bar on other games. I'm just glad there is pinball browser because those are probably going to need a tune up after a few weeks - unless of course somehow they get integrated better or someway STERN gets licenses to 5 other songs and can play them at random during those times.

In any case, I'm very excited for my game and despite what others have said, I don't mind getting to explore and know my game on early code and relish the updates as they come. You could say I'm part of the problem, but honestly I had a lot of fun playing GOTG as is. With a title this popular and a license that I'm sure was expensive, I would hope STERN can't drop the ball on this and will polish it all up nicely. And yes, if you already own Metallica and Aerosmith, you may get bored with this game sooner than later. I don't own those games so it's a win for me.

#2833 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Movies and super heroes are going to continue to be one leg of the stool for game themes. I just don't see it going any other way. Maybe Steve will be able to pick & choose to only do rock bands or other misc themes, but I highly doubt Stern is going to abandon movie themes. They help sell product even if they cost money and are a PITA.

Honestly how many games does Steve have left in him anyways? I imagine retirement is around the corner. You are right regarding the importance of a great theme. With a great theme comes lots of hurdles for licensing. Expensive IP is always over protected.

#2834 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I agree that I am very skeptical of putitng GOTG out in this current state. As you noted, many players will try 2 games on it, find the code lacking and buggy, and never return (even when the code gets polished in the future).

Time will tell on GOTG but I don't know that that will be an issue - last night I watched people of all skill levels play GOTG at Tilt in Minneapolis and they kept playing it over and over and over.

#2835 6 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Does "everything they did" include the actual physical design of the playfield aside from the artwork?

#2836 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

However would you call yourself anti Stern? It seems like every chance you get you lash out at the company. Also judging by Your Personal collection you don't seem to have a single Stern title. Just a question.

nope, I support Stern and own many (I dont actually list but a small portion of my collection on Pinside). I would say I am more critical of them than other companies becuase I dont care for many of their current business practices and would like to see things change.

I am part of a group that has bought pretty much every new Stern to put on route for the past 4 years. We have experienced many of the code issues, failing cabs, ghosting inserts, pealing decals, etc... all while experiencing multiple price increases and less value (they are using cheaper parts and it is obvious to anyone routing over the past 4 years that they continue to cut corners).

I fully understand they are in the business of making money and cutting costs, but it needs to stop at some point and delivering half baked code is every bit as bad as ghosting inserts and cracking cabs (actually probably worse for route since that will keep a person from returning where most dont even see a ghosted insert).

I can see that I am percieved as anti-Stern, but really it is just frustration in seeing the largest company stear the whole ship in an ugly direction IMHO. I would like them to make some adjustments to the course at the sarifice of short term $ in order for the longer term profitability for once (and the customer service/support and show they actually value the people buying games).

I think we are seeing glimpses of that with Zach (better Stern Army support and communication), but I hope some people on the inside keep using their influence to be proactive instead of merely reactive. I fear that reactive is the only way they currently work.

#2837 6 years ago

Are we still code whining(tm) today....surely there has to be something else by now.

#2838 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Time will tell on GOTG but I don't know that that will be an issue - last night I watched people of all skill levels play GOTG at Tilt in Minneapolis and they kept playing it over and over and over.

Everyone comes and plays the first month

I hope you are right as margins are razor thin on the current pricing model of Stern. Would be nice to see another title out of them that earns well and keeps getting played over the longer run.

#2839 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

My decision for holding on my order of 10 GOTG Pros is very rational. If the code is not there my locations will not take to the game. Therefore money will not be generated. Also once you put a game on location if it does not play well because of lack of code most customers will not try it again once the code gets an update. All they know is they played it once before and it was not that enjoyable. I will not ruin that experience for my customers so I will wait. As for my LE I will still by this because I know what the game will be in the near future. I will enjoy it for what it is now and enjoy it even more when new updates get released.
I hope this answers some of your questions.
Thank you

Couple of things here:
Can you please stop saying you're ordering 10...we don't GAF.
Your decision to buy one for home makes zero sense. At home, on free play, is where you're likely to get deeper into the code more often. Yet that's the 1 out of 11 (supposedly) you are buying.
Do you have 10 location of professional pinball players? You're robbing your own pockets by not puttting the latest release out first for everyone to play. Current operators are saying it's making a killing (which most new realizes do). Casual players usually account for most of the drop and I seriously doubt they are going to walk right by this.
You're welcome.

Edit: the two above me just confirmed this

#2840 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Everyone comes and plays the first month
I hope you are right as margins are razor thin on the current pricing model of Stern. Would be nice to see another title out of them that earns well and keeps getting played over the longer run.

Believe me, I hope I'm right too! If Aerosmith is still doing well on location my gut tells me GOTG will do as good or better. In any case I'd keep playing it on location as is (in fact I'm going to a different spot for lunch to check one out).

I can feel your frustration though - when Star Wars first launched I quit playing it on location pretty quick - too many cheap drains out of the scoop on too many different SW pins. Even the SWLE had so many cheap drains with the flipper bug where they'd go dead during the Death Star mode release or the right escape not working. I haven't seen any of these (yet) on GOTG after about 20 games or so.

Honestly, I'd be more worried about store owners turning the game off because they're sick and tired of hearing those same two songs repeatedly.

#2841 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Couple of things here:
Can you please stop saying you're ordering 10...we don't GAF.

Not trying to brag if I was I would tell you how much I spend in amusement equipment per year. Pinball is less the 1% of my route. Looking to change that this year. I'm not braging on 50k although it is alot of money. We are supposed to inform manufactures that they are missing sales. That is how they listen. Trust me my post was not for you. And your language is not suitable for this forum.

Please watch your tone.

#2842 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

And your language is not suitable for this forum.
Please watch your tone.

homer-simpson-coffee-googled-image (resized).jpghomer-simpson-coffee-googled-image (resized).jpg

Homer laughing (resized).jpgHomer laughing (resized).jpg

#2843 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Not trying to brag if I was I would tell you how much I spend in amusement equipment per year. Pinball is less the 1% of my route. Looking to change that this year. I'm not braging on 50k although it is alot of money. We are supposed to inform manufactures that they are missing sales. That is how they listen. Trust me my post was not for you. And your language is not suitable for this forum.
Please watch your tone.

Watch your waggy fingers. Man that must be the worst emoticon of all time.

#2844 6 years ago

Thread Derailed.gifThread Derailed.gif

#2845 6 years ago

Sure seems like ASOA doesn't act like a professional amusement business from the postings on this forum.

#2846 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Not trying to brag if I was I would tell you how much I spend in amusement equipment per year. Pinball is less the 1% of my route. Looking to change that this year. I'm not braging on 50k although it is alot of money.

Don't worry...we're not impressed.

#2847 6 years ago

You are entitled to your opinion. Not sure how bashing me helps your agenda. Don't really care. Just please refrain from speaking about my level of professionalism. You have no clue as to who or what we do in the amusement industry. Perhaps we do not share the same views here on Pinside however that has nothing to do with my service to this great industry.

Please get back on topic as others do not want to hear this garbage.

#2848 6 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

There have been 10 code updates to SW since initial release on July 7th. Two of those updates were immediate releases to fix other bugs created by the updates. So really only 8. Current code is .93 on Star Wars and it feels pretty complete.

#2849 6 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Current code is .93 on Star Wars and it feels pretty complete.

I would not say complete. It still needs polish but Dwight has done a nice job with it. I will say that it also needed at least the first 2 bigger updates to be at the stage I would consider ready for the real world.

I am not sure what Stern needs to do to start getting games out the door as feature complete, but they should figure it out.

#2850 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Problem is that they are not ready at release. Stern is the only one that within a month of taking orders give or take 2 weeks is shipping games in mass quantity. Other companies simply can't make games at anything that resembles the rate of stern. That's not a negative against them but if someone is looking to buy a game right now it will be several months before they can have either POTC or TNA. Sure they can get DI, WOZ, or TH, but most people want what's new and fresh and those games were all announced over 1+ year for DI, 3+ for TH, 5+ for WOZ. Until another company can say here's the game, shipping in mass in 4 weeks, stern will continue to dominate the market as people do not like waiting. People will have already played GOTG for months and sold them on the secondary market while they are waiting on other companies to finish their order back logs.

Of course... but, what do you consider to be a "game." For me, it's a fully functional machine. I don't consider what Stern typically pushes out the door a month after release to be a game. Sure, you can have the physical item in your game room... but until that code comes through, all you have is semi-functional pinball machine.

Everyone can view this differently, but it's a gamble. It it can take years to get a machine that has code that's making it operate at or near its potential. That wasn't the case with DI. Isn't the case for TNA. So, yes, I'm patiently waiting for my TNA to be built, but I'm ok with waiting. When it arrives, it's going to be fully playable.

I feel sorry for the "gotta have right now" crowd. It's almost like a curse to have that hanging over your decision making process.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 39.00
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
There are 4,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 86.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-is-here/page/57?hl=djoverpour and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.